Meditation help

morgthm

Simply, it's best to trust those who cause least harm, teach complex knowledge and wish to allow for the increasing complexity of understanding for all people on the planet. Forms of Buddhism that use manipulation, be it physical affecting or psychologically negatively affecting of emotions seem not to be trustworthy as their goals will be insular.
Those who practice on their own can be easily contained within enough complexity, good intentions and will likely always be resistant of force of any kind. As is always said and is clearly obvious that a unification of ideas and practices can be found through the honest quest towards peace. It's best not to waste time collaborating with those who hold too firmly to positions of national interest or only try to support one style or method for self complexity.
Those who are likely to use force even will likely find sanctuary within people similar to themselves.
All knowledge can be imparted with enough emphasis through language, some tentative displays, but never positively through force

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Leading up to the "Sacred Music, Sacred Dance" :smile:
stage performance for World Healing on August 3
at The Argyros in Ketchum/Sun Valley, ID
will be 5 days of a mandala sand painting for Akshobhya
- conflict transformation and peace.
Details here: http://bit.ly/2M9UQkR

67470547_10157377471078794_7686273481511534592_n.jpg

morgthm

The teacher is responsible for his or her improper behaviour. It is the student's responsibility not to be drawn into it. The blame is on both: the student, because he is too obedient and devoted to the teacher; and the teacher, because he lacks the integrity necessary to be immune to that kind of vulnerability

- Little book of Buddhism

You've got to be yourself to be responsible, haven't you

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

LOVE AND COMPASSION

Truly speaking, from my own point of view, the service of people
is rendered by love and compassion, not by hatred.

I don’t think you give service to people through the barrel of a gun or with bombs.
But love and compassion does.

~ Gelek Rimpoche :smile:
Jewel Heart Netherlands, 2015
VISIT US ON OUR SITE
https://www.jewelheart.org/

67658079_2313418638735828_1354796572520480768_n.jpg

morgthm

True , but just producing good feelings to allure people into manipulation or taking advantage of those in desperate situations is maybe ultimately more soul crushing than holding a drive for life and self-determining to push yourself to do the right thing.
If you're under any form of manipulation, it will likely never lead to any good outcome in terms of your own ability to do the right thing as the means people will need to use to get you there will put them in a position of obvious instability and untrustworthyness.
It's best to tie understanding you gain from buddhism into your own thoughts and feelings and show appreciation for how it has helped you in this way, only communists like in Laos would want someone to worship forceful control. Nobody or group could ever do the right thing by the whole world by remaining self - centered to too much of an extent. Training will never take too much or drain you if from unselfish people
For westerners, fitting a more solid feeling maybe simplistic description to what you do and go through makes it easier to push against bad people wanting to deceive. Artful wording can leave people with too inefficient understanding to be able to self-defend spiritually if not taken as something outside of themselves and tied into their own way of relating to the world.
In terms of ego-loss, many people are able to make themselves do the right thing and lose negative thoughts and feelings on the right path.
People could do with focusing on the character of actions (spiritual or physical), rather than feelings or purported sentiment. Respect should never be given without enough understanding for why it is due, level headed people that don't focus strongly on power don't need this sense from people
Emotional communication isn't much compared to being more likely to do the right thing in corrupt environments

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

" Of all the paths
eightfild path is the best;
of all the truths
the four noble truths are the best :smile:
of all things
passionlessness is the best:
of men
the seeing one (The Buddha)
is the best...!!! " -Dhammapada-273~ Megga Vagga.

67619528_2573442906007461_5505161364865286144_n.jpg

morgthm

Never ever accept any form of ideas that arise through restraining forces, they will always not be globally beneficial. Meditation opposes this also, **** communists
"Oh no..It's frustrating, I might be wrong" beats spiritual manipulation and forcing a complacent feeling into people's backs, Laos
Uncaring but good feeling lower thighs for a watery people?

I don't think Tibetan Buddhism would untie and mental knots made inside the minds of any people without their doing so themselves or without informed consent

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Quote from His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama

"I am a bit skeptical about what we call blessings.
I believe the ultimate source of blessings is within us.

A good motivation and honesty bring self-confidence
which attracts the trust and respect of others.

Therefore, the real source of blessings is in our own mind." :smile:

www.dalailama.com

65300866_10156849806558692_3444648107369824256_n.jpg

Cap

Excerpts from Swami Sivananda's book "Jnana Yoga":

A Jivanmukta or Sat-Guru is a blessing to the world. He is a torch-bearer of wisdom or divine light. He is a spiritual lighthouse to shed light to those who move in the ocean of ignorance...

...He is extremely humble. He appears to be quite an ordinary man. He never advertises that he is a Sat-Guru or a knower of Brahman...

...He has no cravings for money or name and fame. He has no desire to establish cult or Ashram. He simply works for the solidarity of the world and elevates people...

...This world abounds with pseudo-Gurus. Beware of such persons. They exploit the innocent and credulous and throw them in the dark abyss. They will mislead people. It is like a blind man leading the blind...

Rare footage of Ramana Maharshi, a true Sat-Guru:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-OS8LU6JW8

morgthm

All we need to know is that if we can see inside of our own minds and be able to notice even subtle changes in our thought processes, the way they feel and also that they remain as a constant enough feeling then our minds are our own, well likely

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Whether or not we think the tenets of other religions are true
is not the point.

The point is
that if we care about others’ happiness
we can be pleased
that their religion is serving to bring them some happiness.
If their religion or spiritual path is contributing to their well-being :smile:
that is what really matters.
17th Karmapa
from the book

"The Heart Is Noble: Changing the World from the Inside Out"

67510811_10157504104534711_7909450844183986176_n.jpg

morgthm

Negative ideas that come in from the back of the mind are not enough reason to not educate peoples that do not cause autism or oppose people who desire to think from the middle to treat individuals with enough respect.
Too much influence can be forced in periods of uncalm learning or forceful changes that can lead people to mistrust others entirely until a reconnection to previous mindsets and feelings can be found.
Generally well meaning people will not want to take advantage of those who leave themselves in diminished states, they and their lineage are unlikely to have been the cause of any negative occurrences in the world.
Jumping between versions of ourselves, or different spiritual bodies of our own can allow us to perform in a modern world while also integrating practices, philosophies and feeling gained trough meditation into more efficient daily life

Blaze

Account Closed
Re: Meditation Belt

On the topic of dreams: I wonder if the "divine body" travels during the gross bodies sleep, into the Sidpa Bardo - a place we, in theory, travel to on our way to a rebirth, due to failing to understand our "true nature."

I was thinking, perhaps that place is where "We" go when we dream. A place of illusions, where our Good and Bad Karma follow us, thus giving us blissful dreams, or horrible ones, depending on our actions in the "waking" world.

Here is an article on the Sidpa Bardo: http://www.chinabuddhismencyclopedia.com/en/index.php/Sidpa_Bardo:_The_Six_Realms_of_Existence_%26_The_Place_of_Rebirth

If breaking the cycle of Karma leads to Enlightenment, then I could see why one wouldn't dream anymore.

JUPITERASC

Re: Meditation Belt

On the topic of dreams: I wonder if the "divine body" travels during the gross bodies sleep, into the Sidpa Bardo - a place we, in theory, travel to on our way to a rebirth, due to failing to understand our "true nature."

I was thinking, perhaps that place is where "We" go when we dream. A place of illusions, where our Good and Bad Karma follow us, thus giving us blissful dreams, or horrible ones, depending on our actions in the "waking" world.

Here is an article on the Sidpa Bardo: http://www.chinabuddhismencyclopedi...ix_Realms_of_Existence_&_The_Place_of_Rebirth

If breaking the cycle of Karma leads to Enlightenment, then I could see why one wouldn't dream anymore.

51AQotHc38L._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Blaze

Account Closed
Those questions I have can only be answered by myself. Wait, the void doesn't speak...

No no, wait, I think I lost connection with Atman. Need better reception, darn ego is still in the way. :unsure: