Can we look at astrology from a scientific point of view?

ardentika

Astrology can be looked scientifically as much as all science can be looked scientifically.

Man made the language of math and somehow it developed itself and works. It cannot explain everything tho, but it manages to explain a lot.

Man made psychology and it works but not always. New methods appear as people evolve their consciousness and some are extremely outdated. They work different depending on the level of self awareness of the individual.

Same with astrology. A man made language that developed itself and sometimes works sometimes doesn't, and is always in process of discovery as mastering.

JUPITERASC

Astrology can be looked scientifically as much as all science can be looked scientifically.
Man made the language of math and somehow it developed itself and works. It cannot explain everything tho, but it manages to explain a lot.
Man made psychology and it works but not always. New methods appear as people evolve their consciousness and some are extremely outdated. They work different depending on the level of self awareness of the individual.
Same with astrology.
A man made language that developed itself
and sometimes works sometimes doesn't, and
is always in process of discovery as mastering.
similarly
many languages - many astrologies :smile:

i.e.
Vedic astrology
Chinese astrology
Western astrology
Traditional astrology
Modernist astrology
Sidereal astrology
Tropical astrology

david starling

No you all don't! :biggrin: Pretty much that's also how people felt when Moses came down the mount with the 10 commandments to ring in the Age of Aries. People are resistant to change.

I'm talking about the discipline of linear-time. Time Lord Saturn's hegemony is nearing its ending.
Btw, the Age of sidereal Aries started centuries prior to the Exodus.
The tropical Age of Sagittarius was just beginning though. Crossing the Red Sea is symbolic of leaving the Water-sign Age of Scorpio. But the Egyptians couldn't follow, since theirs was an Age of Scorpio culture.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
I'm talking about the discipline of linear-time. Time Lord Saturn's hegemony is nearing its ending.
Btw, the Age of sidereal Aries started centuries prior to the Exodus.
The tropical Age of Sagittarius was just beginning though. Crossing the Red Sea is symbolic of leaving the Water-sign Age of Scorpio. But the Egyptians couldn't follow, since theirs was an Age of Scorpio culture.

Usually prophets are not written about until much after their demise.

What if he is the prophet that brought in the Age of Aquarius?

https://www.quora.com/Was-Nikola-Tesla-a-prophet

https://teslauniverse.com/nikola-tesla/articles/famous-prophet-science-looks-future
Uranus Keywords:

Breakdown
Breakthrough
Change
Chaos
Creativity
Desire for change
Detachment
Deviance
Eccentric
Electricity
Excitement
Experimentation
Extremism
Fellowship
Freedom
Future expectations
Genius
Higher mind
Higher octave of Mercury
Humanity
Impatience
Independence
Individuality
Innovation
Inspiration
Intuition
Inventive
Liberation
Nonconformity
Originality
Outsider
Rebelliousness
Restlessness
Revolutionary
Science
Social awareness
Sudden change
Technology
Truthfulness
Unexpected
Universal Mind
Unorthodox
Unpredictable
Upheaval
Wilfulness

Keywords for Aquarius:

Aloof
Clever
Conceptual
Cranky
Detached
Disseminator
Dispassionate
Eccentric
Erratic
Equality
Extremist
Fairness
Fanatical
Fellowship
Freedom-loving
Free thinking
Friendly
Future-oriented
Genius
Humanitarian
Idealistic
Impersonal
Independent
Individual
Inflexible
Ingenious
Innovative
Intellect
Intuitive
Inventive
Malcontent
Quick witted
Objectivity
Opinionated
Original
Outgoing
Outspoken
Paradoxical
Perverse
Progressive
Rationality
Reason
Rebellious
Reforming
Revolutionary
Scientific
Sincere
Sociable
Solidarity
Tactless
Technological
Unconventional
Unemotional
Unpredictable

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

CapAquaPis

True or false: Aquarius' people are compatible with Pisces and Cancer. Some say true, others say false. I can't scientifically prove my sun (and moon) sign can get along with Pisceans and Cancers. Let's go by with how well you can relate to a person regardless of their sun sign, and see if the sun sign played a role in your colleague, friend and romantic relationships you have with them.

ardentika

I'm pretty sure Age of Aquarius was mentioned in the Bible. I'm the movie zeitgeist they showed that the Bible is nothing but an astronomical cult. Find it on YouTube and watch it, it's pretty interesting.

And if Tesla was a prophet then so was Einstein haha. Just because someone is highly intelligent and can logically foresee the future does not make him a mystic nor a prophet.

Opal

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure Age of Aquarius was mentioned in the Bible. I'm the movie zeitgeist they showed that the Bible is nothing but an astronomical cult. Find it on YouTube and watch it, it's pretty interesting.

And if Tesla was a prophet then so was Einstein haha. Just because someone is highly intelligent and can logically foresee the future does not make him a mystic nor a prophet.

I am not saying he was a prophet, but, I find the concept interesting. Einstein is interesting too.

I do believe we are in The Age of Aquarius.

My Grandmother was prophetic.....but she definitely was not a representative or inventor of the electrical world we now live in.

I watched it many years ago. Good movie. Zeitgeist.

david starling

First known use of the actual term "Age of Aquarius" was by Carl Jung in 1936. First use of Precession of the Vernal Equinox to designate a new Precessional sign was by Gerald Massey in the 1890s, who believed it would mean another coming of the Messiah. Edward Carpenter and Paul LeCour also wrote on the subject in the early 20th Century.

JUPITERASC

First known use of the actual term "Age of Aquarius"
was by Carl Jung in 1936.
First use of Precession of the Vernal Equinox to designate a new Precessional sign was by Gerald Massey in the 1890s, who believed it would mean another coming of the Messiah. Edward Carpenter and Paul LeCour also wrote on the subject in the early 20th Century.

Rudolf Joseph Lorenz Steiner born 1861– died 1925
believed that the Age of Aquarius begins 3573 :smile:

In Steiner's approach, each age is exactly 2,160 years.
Based on this structure
the world has been in the Age of Pisces since 1413.

david starling

Rudolf Joseph Lorenz Steiner born 1861– died 1925
believed that the Age of Aquarius begins 3573 :smile:

In Steiner's approach, each age is exactly 2,160 years.
Based on this structure
the world has been in the Age of Pisces since 1413.

Steiner believed in a "New Age", not specifically an Aquarian Age. Like many of his era, who sensed the change in Ages, he wasn't an astrologer, but did believe in the power of Precession regarding human affairs.
The reason his starting date for the Age of Pisces was so much later than nearly all the others included in Campion's list was that he was using 15 degrees of tropical Aries as his Age Indicator instead of the First Point of tropical Aries, which the others used. 15 degrees translates into 1080 years in Equinoctial Precession, using his value of an even 72 years per degree (instead of the astronomical value of 71.6 years). His ayanamsa "0 year", when the tropical and sidereal equal-sign zodiacs were in perfect alignment, was around 330 A.D., close to a century later than the Aldebaran ayanama's 0 year.

Last edited:

david starling

I'm using the full length of tropical Aries as the constructed 30 degree "Age Interval", which provides both a foreground-Sign Age, and a background Age of the previous Age-sign, for the sidereal zodiac. So, from this point of view, Steiner was tracking the center-point of the Age Interval, which refers to the Age-effect on the Social Order, rather than the most-used leading point, which is about the Age-effect on the Individual psyche. Meaning, the Age of Pisces for individuals was at the halfway mark when it began for social entities.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Steiner believed in a "New Age", not specifically an Aquarian Age. Like many of his era, who sensed the change in Ages, he wasn't an astrologer, but did believe in the power of Precession regarding human affairs.
The reason his starting date for the Age of Pisces was so much later than nearly all the others included in Campion's list was that he was using 15 degrees of tropical Aries as his Age Indicator instead of the First Point of tropical Aries, which the others used. 15 degrees translates into 1080 years in Equinoctial Precession, using his value of an even 72 years per degree (instead of the astronomical value of 71.6 years). His ayanamsa "0 year", when the tropical and sidereal equal-sign zodiacs were in perfect alignment, was around 330 A.D., close to a century later than the Aldebaran ayanama's 0 year.
Gerald Massey born 1828 - died 1907
used the standard precessional period of 2160 years

for each zodiac sign of 30 degrees
and
assumed a starting point of 255 BC
which meant
that the beginning of the Age of Aquarius was in 1905 :smile:
He used the correct precessional period
but his starting point seems only to be justified because it is significant to Massey
rather than for humanity as a whole.

ardentika

First known use of the actual term "Age of Aquarius" was by Carl Jung in 1936. First use of Precession of the Vernal Equinox to designate a new Precessional sign was by Gerald Massey in the 1890s, who believed it would mean another coming of the Messiah. Edward Carpenter and Paul LeCour also wrote on the subject in the early 20th Century.

Yeah a Bulgarian prophet Baba Vanga did a similar prophecy for a new age Messiah. Some people link it to Elon Musk. He fits the type for an Age of Aqua Messiah haha

Opal

Premium Member
Yeah a Bulgarian prophet Baba Vanga did a similar prophecy for a new age Messiah. Some people link it to Elon Musk. He fits the type for an Age of Aqua Messiah haha

I could see him as a prophet/Messiah type as well.....

David, I think Burgoyne also used the term Age of Aquarius too, and he died in the late 1800’s, I will check his terminology when I get home.

JUPITERASC

I'm using the full length of tropical Aries as the constructed 30 degree "Age Interval", which provides both a foreground-Sign Age, and a background Age of the previous Age-sign, for the sidereal zodiac. So, from this point of view, Steiner was tracking the center-point of the Age Interval, which refers to the Age-effect on the Social Order, rather than the most-used leading point, which is about the Age-effect on the Individual psyche. Meaning, the Age of Pisces for individuals was at the halfway mark when it began for social entities.
1911: Madame Blavatsky predicted
that the reality of a Universal Church
would become possible towards the close of this century.
The Theosophical Society
based their calculation for the dawning of the Age of Aquarius :smile:
on the channeling of the Lord Maitreya by Krishnamurti in 1911.
(Madame Blavatsky biography)(Books by Helene Blavatsky)

Opal

Premium Member

Burgoyne did not call it The Age of Aquarius. He refers to it as The Aquarian Age.

He also refers to the Iron Age and The Age of Horrors. The time when The Tower of Babel was built. When polar suns caused major upheavals in the weather, scorching the earth.

In dread time Chimera had her birth;
In dread time the Cyclops cursed the earth.
And giants huge, of horrid, monstrous form,
Who ravaged Earth, and strove e’en Heaven to storm .
This was the Iron Age; ‘twas Python’s reign,
When Polar-suns burnt up the golden grain,
And sudden thaws inundate every plain.
Hence Towers and Walls and Pyramids arose,
Whose ponderous bulk might all their rage oppose.
“Assyrian chiefs bade Babel’s tower arise,
On Shinar’s plain, aspiring to the skies,
Whose eight-volved dragon, turning round the whole,
Shows that eight cycles round the northern pole
At four degrees asunder, closed their view,
Which proves the latitude was thirty two.
And still in thirty-two, beneath the starry host,
The eight-coiled Dragon moulders in the dust,
By Cyrus overthrown, who raised the pile
Round which the Stars and Dragons used to coil;
But still its form, its history declares,
An hoary age of twice two hundred thousand years.”

This was written by someone he doesn’t name in his Noble Order

Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Last edited: