a quick question...

PeaceFrog

hello,

I'm wondering what aspect scorpio has to leo (ex. sextile, square, trine)? I'm a scorp sun and leo moon. would that be sun sextile moon?

thanks for your time! ^^

p.s.

:banana: < am I the only one that finds this at least a tad bizarre?

Last edited:

freedomlover

Peacefrog,

Scorpio and Leo are both fixed signs - so your sun and moon are square.

And, yes, I DO find the dancing banana quite bizarre!

freedomlover

L.C.

freedomlover said:
Peacefrog,

Scorpio and Leo are both fixed signs - so your sun and moon are square.

And, yes, I DO find the dancing banana quite bizarre!

freedomlover

freedomlover:

Let me see if I understand you correctly. Are you saying that since both signs are fixed, they will always be square, when speaking of sun and moon positions?

I've never heard of this before! Then again, I don't know a ton about astrology, still learning.

freedomlover

L.C.,

I'm learning, too, but I'll give you an explanation based on my understanding.

Scorpio and Leo are both part of what would be a fixed cross or square, including Taurus and Aquarius, as well. (If you draw lines connecting all these signs on a zodiac wheel, it will form a large cross or square - depending on how you draw the connecting lines). So from one side of the square to another -is a square. ;) These signs are "Fixed" signs.

Also, you can draw a square in Cardinal signs - Capricorn, Aries, Cancer, and Libra. OR you can draw a square in Mutable signs - Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces.

So, yes, looking at it this way, the points between each side of the square will be "square" - although points opposing each other (Leo and Aquarius, for example) will be in opposition.

There is also what is known as an "out-of-sign" square (or other aspects).
An example of this would be planets at 29* Leo, and 1* Aries (2* past what would have been an exact square at 29* Taurus). Technically, these are within orb of what would be considered a square (90*from each other), but are out-of sign. Some astrologers use these, other's don't. :rolleyes:

And, going back and reading what you said again - your original question, no, that is not what I meant to say. It is however, a perfect example of how this particular retrograde cycle is messing with my thought processes! I'm going to have to be extra careful and re-read everything before I answer. Even the first part of this post doesn't really answer your question, but I'll leave it in just in case there's anything useful in there. I seemed to have read Peacefrog's question with the understanding that he/she was asking about Leo and Scorpio vs. the sun and moon in their chart. That would really be impossible to answer without knowing the degrees.

So, in summation..... Yes, Leo and Scorpio will always be squared signs, BUT the planets within them will not always be - that depends on the degrees at which the planets are located.

:38:Okay, did I manage to salvage my response in any way,shape,or form?

freedomlover

P.S. Thanks for pointing that out, L.C.!

Last edited:

L.C.

Thanks for clearing that up! I'm familiar with what signs square each other (one way I like to remember them is by referring to them as "true" opposites---Water/Fire and Earth/Air) so I wanted to double-check before I added that to my personal database.

freedomlover

(one way I like to remember them is by referring to them as "true" opposites---Water/Fire and Earth/Air)
That is a good way to remember the opposite pairs, and I've held this image of them as well, as I learned astrology. I also remembered that each of the fixed, cardinal, and mutable crosses are made up of one water/fire ...... wait a minute.......
Water/Fire and Earth/Air
I think you're catching Mercury retrograde fever, there, L.C! :confused: Don't you mean to say that "true opposites are Fire/Air and Earth/Water?" (example Leo - fire and Aquarius - air. and Taurus-earth and Scorpio-water)

Anyway, a cross is made up of one fire/air crossed by one earth/water.

I'm going to bed now....... :eek:

Wake me up when Mercury comes out of retrograde.:D

L.C.

freedomlover said:
That is a good way to remember the opposite pairs, and I've held this image of them as well, as I learned astrology. I also remembered that each of the fixed, cardinal, and mutable crosses are made up of one water/fire ...... wait a minute.......
I think you're catching Mercury retrograde fever, there, L.C! :confused: Don't you mean to say that "true opposites are Fire/Air and Earth/Water?" (example Leo - fire and Aquarius - air. and Taurus-earth and Scorpio-water)

Anyway, a cross is made up of one fire/air crossed by one earth/water.

I'm going to bed now....... :eek:

Wake me up when Mercury comes out of retrograde.:D

When I personally say "true" opposites, I mean in my own mind. ;) I know that Air is opposite of Fire in astrology, and Water is opposite of Earth, but I figure in real life, Air and Earth are really opposites, as are Fire and Water.

And when I say "true" opposites, I mean signs that square one another. It's my own little thing I sort of keep to myself, and note it when I observe pairs of best friends or folks in a relationship.

freedomlover

L.C.,

You wrote:

When I personally say "true" opposites, I mean in my own mind. ;) I know that Air is opposite of Fire in astrology, and Water is opposite of Earth, but I figure in real life, Air and Earth are really opposites, as are Fire and Water.

And when I say "true" opposites, I mean signs that square one another. It's my own little thing I sort of keep to myself, and note it when I observe pairs of best friends or folks in a relationship.
I think I see! Please forgive me, but I'd never heard of this way of looking at it before. When you say "opposites", do you mean "those that oppose", such as enemies, rivals, etc - "squaring off", so to speak?

That is how I saw what you wrote anyway. That is a very interesting way of looking at things. I'll have to remember that!

L.C.

When I say "opposites," I don't mean it really in an adversarial kind of way--but more in an "elemental" sort of way. When I think of, say, Aquarius and Taurus ("true" opposites, in my book), the first thing that comes to mind is "Heaven and Earth." Opposites! In a more literal sense, if you will. I consider water to the be opposite of fire, since they can cancel each other out.

Of course, these "true" opposites can be tense as well. So far I just go by my own primary research in looking at these signs interact, what particular signs keep as best friends, partners, and lovers.

Some of my closest friends in my youth were Aquarius, and I'm a Taurus. But right now, those that I seem to meld with more are Pisceans--maybe because we are more nurturing to one another?

Just some fun thoughts. Come to think of it, yeah, it's been pretty hard to communicate lately! Online and otherwise. Hope I made at least a little sense. ;)

PeaceFrog

yeah, air and fire are complementary opposites. but for example i knew a gemini and a capricorn and the cap thought gemini was childish, and the gemini thought the capricorn was boring.

anyways, thanks for answering my question ^^ it scares me what this site said about sun square moon, but it's good to know!

Last edited:

freedomlover

Peacefrog,

What are the degrees of your Scorpio Sun and Leo Moon? The aspects made to each of them will add more understanding, as well. It's not necessarily a bad or difficult thing! The houses they fall in will be significant, too.

freedomlover

L.C.

PeaceFrog said:
yeah, air and fire are complementary opposites. but for example i knew a gemini and a capricorn and the cap thought gemini was childish, and the gemini thought the capricorn was boring.

anyways, thanks for answering my question ^^ it scares me what this site said about sun square moon, but it's good to know!

That's funny! I actually have two friends that are a couple we all dub "the old married couple," even though they are our own age. He is a Cap, and she is a Gemini.

But you see, Cap and Gemini aren't what I would deem "true" opposites. I'd say that Capricorn and Libra are more like that, since they are both cardinal signs. I have a Capricorn friend who is absolutely crazy for Libra women, and his best friend is a Libra. I noted that in my head and just kept it in mind. His wife couldn't be any more different than he is, but he insists that she "balances him out." Hmm.

holly

Here is an article that describes the compatability between the elements. Here is just a couple of paragraphs from the very lengthy article:

"Water is the single most effective weapon against Fire. Just as it can extinguish the robust flames of a Fire, Water can also dampen Fire just by its very presence. Water Signs and Fire Signs cannot be polarized. Although it is true that Water Signs are detrimental to Fire Signs if the Fire is strong enough and has generated enough heat it just might vaporize the effect of the water."

"Just as the earth cannot produce vegetation or animal life, nor maintain life without water, so too Earth Signs demand the presence of Water Signs in order to insure proper functioning. By the same token that too much water on the earth causes floods and destruction, so too in the Zodiac too many Water Signs will tend to limit or nullify the positive qualities of the Earth Signs. Since air is also very necessary to all life on earth we find that Earth-Air Sign combination will produce positive effects for the native. Fire which can be so destructive to the earth stands in direct opposition to the Earth. The Earth-Fire Sign relationships can be as dangerous as forest fires for those people who have not learned to control their various qualities."

http://berglund.ceze.com/english/webcourse/lesson_8.htm#element