Am i more of a leo (fire) or gemini (air)

Rebel Uranian

Well smack me silly! :biggrin: Pluto is a Singleton in Water. Now, I'm not saying it might trump all that Fire. However, you may consider researching that Pluto position since it's comfortable in Scorpioand may funnel most of the chart here... :devil:

http://www.astrologyclub.org/articles/singletons/pluto/pluto.htm
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/13.0Singletons.htm

Just sayin, maybe under all that fire, you may be quite emotional...

Signs of outer planets aren't that important. Even if Pluto was in Taurus, Libra or Cancer, that wouldn't be too bad depending on how it was placed.

Pluto is not that bad. Sure, it makes you moody, but people can't tell with Pluto. I have a singleton Pluto and it's 1' (minute) conjunct my Sun/Moon midpoint and a few other midpoints at other orbs so it's in a quite sensitive spot on my chart too. In real life, basically no one can ever tell :devil: and I can read them easily too. Oh, and your Pluto is retrograde (moving backwards,) so you might want to examine that a little.

Back to the original topic: Mercury in Gemini disposits all your Leo planets, but Mars has something called a Joy (which is good) in Leo and it's conjunct your Moon, so I say both. If we look at triplicity rulerships, Saturn rules all the Air signs on a day chart (Sun above horizon = daytime) and it's in the Air sign Aquarius (which is also its ruling sign) so I say you're a little more Air, but Mars in Leo will be quite noticeable with a luminary (the Moon) conjunct it and Saturn opposite, so you could be more Fire depending on which one you think you are.

Last edited:
L

likeBoss

Great answers! Thank you! :biggrin: I prefer this site over yahoo.answers.ca ANY DAY. Very helpful and insightful :)

L

likeBoss

I noticed that my my moon, venus, mars, jupiter are leo and all fall into the 8th house. Does this give me possessions of what a scorpio would have? since the 8th house is the ruler of money, inheritance, death, sex, regeneration, sacrifice, money, loses ect... ?

StillOne

I noticed that my my moon, venus, mars, jupiter are leo and all fall into the 8th house. Does this give me possessions of what a scorpio would have? since the 8th house is the ruler of money, inheritance, death, sex, regeneration, sacrifice, money, loses ect... ?

You may consider looking at/posting a chart that's equal house (versus placidus which is astro's default) as some of your houses are large. It could make a significant difference. Maybe it wont change your 8th house but possibly others...

Rebel Uranian

@StillOne - Or they could use whole signs like me, which I'm going to advocate until someone tells me how exactly dignities in the other systems work. Preferably on another thread in order not to jack this one.

@astrologer50 - If you think someone called Rebel Uranian is a trad who doesn't use Uranus, Neptune, or Pluto then you're kind of wrong. (I do have Saturn, the planet of tradition, in the 4th house of tradition, but it's sextile Uranus and Jupiter and a couple of others so...)

Last edited:

Rageypoo

I'd say you are more Leo with that stellium. You then have a smaller stellium in (please sit down for this) in Capricorn. This means that all that Leo energy is here to stay b/c coming up right behind it, you have cementing Cappy. I don't know where you got Gemini from but unless I missed something I don't see a ton of it represented in your chart.

I love Leo like people...my Venus is there.

A stellium requires 3 or more, there's only 2 planets there in capricorn, I wouldn't call that a stellium :tongue:

You may consider looking at/posting a chart that's equal house (versus placidus which is astro's default) as some of your houses are large. It could make a significant difference. Maybe it wont change your 8th house but possibly others...

I did his equal house chart in post #10, and it puts his IC in pisces, and wile it isn't a planet, I felt it didn't make pluto that much of a "singleton" as the angular houses can (somewhat) count in adding some element to the native (or at the very least, show how that singleton planet will affect your life with its influence)

The Imum Coeli, just like the MC, AC, and DC hold significant importance to the Native;

This is the area of our deepest concern for security and shelter. The issues here are home, traditions, stability, and nurturing. This is where you seek comfort and protection. Your activities here will be private and concealed. When many planets are near the IC, accomplishments may not get the notoriety they deserve. http://www.astrology-numerology.com/angles.html

That's why on a chart, you'll see the 4 angles in nice bold lines, so you know their significance :rightful:

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

I did his equal house chart in post #10, and it puts his IC in pisces, and wile it isn't a planet, I felt it didn't make pluto that much of a "singleton" as the angular houses can (somewhat) count.

Angles are emphases (plural of "emphasis") like planets, lots, and lots (no pun intended oops :p) of other things. It is automatic to have an angular house in an element in equal and whole signs, so I wouldn't count that.

Last edited:

Rageypoo

Angles are emphases like planets, lots, and lots (no pun intended oops :p) of other things. It is automatic to have an angular house in an element in equal and whole signs, so I wouldn't count that.

This statement makes little sense, it IS automatic to have an angular house in an element regardless of equal, whole signs, or any chart. What does this have to do with angels, or planets, or...anything?

Rebel Uranian

It has to do with the fact that having an angular house in Pisces doesn't make Pluto less of a singleton. I wouldn't consider the IC in Pisces to either.

Rebel Uranian

Pluto is still a singleton because Pluto is the only planet in an element. The MC/IC axis constitutes an emphasis but a singleton planet can only be a planet, not a point or an end of an axis.

NOW back on-topic.

Rageypoo

Pluto is still a singleton because Pluto is the only planet in an element. The MC/IC axis constitutes an emphasis but a singleton planet can only be a planet, not a point or an end of an axis.

NOW back on-topic.

I see, well then lets use your whole sign method shall we?

In whole signs, we use the sign as the "house" and is a way of determining planetary strength, and figuring out how active the houses are.

Vettius Valens explains a type of ‘dynamical’ division, which would be the equivalent to Porphyry, where the first third of each quadrant, from each of the four angular points, (i.e. the Asc/Dsc., MC/IC) known in modern house division as the angular ‘houses’ (1st, 4th, 7th, 10th) are the most ‘busy’ or active ’houses’. The following third of the quadrant (i.e. 2nd, 5th, 8th, 11th) is only 'moderately active’. And the last third of each quadrant (i.e. 3, 6, 9, 12) is the 'least active' of all the divisions. So. This is called a 'dynamical' division of the chart, because it is a way to gauge planetary activity, or strength, BUT it does not delegate, or signify the areas of life affected by the planetary placements. That’s what the 'topical' division of the chart is for, i.e. Whole Sign houses, because that shows what area of life is effected. http://classicalastrology.tribe.net/thread/4f214879-77d3-41e2-8365-50f5f753761d

I'll give you two guesses where Whole Signs throws your Pluto, and how influential it really is as a "singleton" (should I mention it's retrograde?) :rightful:

Using Equal house puts the IC in a water element, and thus reducing again the significance of Pluto being "singleton" of water in this chart :rightful:

shall we continue this dance or have you had enough?

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

Vettius Valens explains a type of ‘dynamical’ division, which would be the equivalent to Porphyry
You just posted about the house system of Porphyry, not whole signs :p Porphyry puts it in the 10th. And my Pluto is not only direct but swift. Stationary direct would be better, but swift is almost as good :p 12th house isn't a great place for it to have high "dynamical" influence, but it still does have that influence.

Last edited:
I see, well then lets use your whole sign method shall we?

Using Equal house puts the IC in a water element, and thus reducing again the significance of Pluto being "singleton" of water in this chart :rightful:

shall we continue this dance or have you had enough?
In Equal house IC is IC and never changes, IC remains in Aries.... BUT 4th house cusp is like having a weaker second IC and rules 4th house to....

Pluto in Equal is conj 12th house cusp and would be interpreted as if in 12th house...:cool:

[off-topic comments - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator: