Means a lack of air low intelligence?

Hello,
I just registrated on this forum because there is a thing about my natalchart which makes me really desperate.

There is a lot of water in my natal chart with moon, sun, ac, mc, mercury, venus and northnode in this element.
In my twelft house are two planets and chiron, the other waterhouses are empty.

I unfortunatly doesn't have one thing in the firesigns.
Just my moon and pluto are in firehouses.

My saturn, uranus and neptun are in capricorn.
In the earthhouses are uranus, mercury, venus and sun.

In air I just have mars and jupiter in gemini.
I have also just saturn and neptun in an airhouse (7).

So, my problem is that I'm afraid of being unintelligent because of this low air.
Can people be intelligent in terms of iq without or with low air?

I like to learn new things and to engage in them but I have a lot of and varied interests. I have an insatiable inquisitiveness.That makes it difficult for me to stay by one object and to become really an expert in it.
I really have problems to start with my projects and to end them because there are a lot of other ideas and projects where I want excel in. So, I regulary change the topic of focus :(
I'm openminded (I think) and I would say I'm adaptable and open to change.

But I doesn't know if I'm good and quick at thinking and in quickly grasping abstract ideas and concepts.
Can you just be quick in understanding and grasping ideas with a good emphasis in air?

I didn't think good about me and does always see me as unintelligent and untalented.

So it makes me really sad to have so little air.
Don't I have the ability to good thinking, understanding and intelectual pursuit?

Sry for my bad english, it isn'my native language.

Thank you for reading :)

With best regards,

Janina

waybread

It's best if you post your chart.

But don't worry. People with a lot of planets in water signs tend to be very intuitive.

There are different kinds of intelligence. You may be much better at reading people, for example, then someone with a lot of planets in air signs.

ashriia

I think people with strong water in their natal charts are definitely intelligent, but like waybread said in an intuitive way. Each dominant element has its strengths and drawbacks. People with lot of air have unique ideas but can have mental health issues that interfere. People with alot of fire, can be business minded with ideas but too impulsive and shoot themselves in the foot. Likewise too much earth, you might have learning difficulties or to self critical or slow to get things done. These are my opinions. Water people are more intelligent when it comes to people/society/the world. Problem is not following through with ideas, which certainly just takes dicipline and concentrated effort. I think most natal charts balance out energies in some way, not always by element but sometimes through planetary energies.

petosiris

Banned
Doesn't Einstein have only Jupiter in a so-called airy sign? I say so-called because there exist other arrangements of the four elements from the one based on the triangles.

Hello,
I thank you really very much for your answers. It is so friendly from all of you :)

@ashriia
Yeah,I know that it's best to post my chart but I'm afraid of doing so.
Thats because I'm convinced that my chart is a really bad one, the worst from All the other charts.
I find every other chart so good but my chart I hate :(

Hm, sadly there isn't just a little intuition in me, I'm absolutly untalented and don't have any potential :'(
I' m absolutly useless.

With intelligence I mean it in terms of iq. The thing you can measure in iq-tests.
Fast understanding and grasp, to connect the dots, recognize the bigger picture, processingspeed etc.

@petosiris
That is as example what I mean. Can only people with a good amount of air have unique ideas?
I have mental health problems which are depression, panicattacks etc.
I'm not good when it comes to people, society and the world, I'm neither skilled in social things or in peoplereading.

@
But Einstein have in all three airhouses planets.

"I say so-called because there exist other arrangements of the four elements from the one based on the triangles."

What do you mean by this?

I'm from germany and there is a girl which makes youtubevideos about politics and she has an iq from 157 :eek:

So, i looked for her dates of birth.
Of course I didn't have the birthtime so I don't know her ascendant and mc but she also has just saturn and jupiter in gemini, her moon is in aries and sun, mercury and mars in leo. Venus is in virgo.
An opposition between Mercury/Uranus.

I just have mercury/mc conjunction,
mercury/uranus sextile
Mercury/neptun sextile
Mercury/Saturn sextile
uranus/ascendant opposition.
I mean that I also had an mercury/ascendant trigon but I'm not sure.

Than I just have two planets in an airhouse, my Uranus neptun Saturn and mercury are all close to the angles.

But I think that I just desperatly try to find something what gives me a bit more air :'(

Harmelia

Hello,
I thank you really very much for your answers. It is so friendly from all of you :)

@ashriia
Yeah,I know that it's best to post my chart but I'm afraid of doing so.
Thats because I'm convinced that my chart is a really bad one, the worst from All the other charts.
I find every other chart so good but my chart I hate :(

Hm, sadly there isn't just a little intuition in me, I'm absolutly untalented and don't have any potential :'(
I' m absolutly useless.

With intelligence I mean it in terms of iq. The thing you can measure in iq-tests.
Fast understanding and grasp, to connect the dots, recognize the bigger picture, processingspeed etc.

@petosiris
That is as example what I mean. Can only people with a good amount of air have unique ideas?
I have mental health problems which are depression, panicattacks etc.
I'm not good when it comes to people, society and the world, I'm neither skilled in social things or in peoplereading.

@
But Einstein have in all three airhouses planets.

"I say so-called because there exist other arrangements of the four elements from the one based on the triangles."

I'm from germany and there is a girl which makes youtubevideos about politics and she has an iq from 157 :eek:

So, i looked for her dates of birth.
Of course I didn't have the birthtime so I don't know her ascendant and mc but she also has just saturn and jupiter in gemini, her moon is in aries and sun, mercury and mars in leo. Venus is in virgo.
An opposition between Mercury/Uranus.

I just have mercury/mc conjunction,
mercury/uranus sextile
Mercury/neptun sextile
Mercury/Saturn sextile
uranus/ascendant opposition.
I mean that I also had an mercury/ascendant trigon but I'm not sure.

Than I just have two planets in an airhouse, my Uranus neptun Saturn and mercury are all close to the angles.

But I think that I just desperatly try to find something what gives me a bit more air :'(

You are really quite funny! You want affirmation that you are smart or could be - but you won't post your chart because you are afraid and certain that your chart is terrible. Yet, you are asking us to comment when we don't have your chart! Why is IQ so important to you????

IQ can change over time. People can develop their intelligence. It isn't like you're born with a set IQ.

AIR isn't necessary for intelligence. I have zero personal or social planets in AIR signs and only one planet in an air house (Jupiter in 7th). I have only one planet in an air sign - Neptune. That's it. Yet I'm very smart - maybe not the highest IQ (I've not ever been tested), but a straight A student when I was in school. I went to university and had high marks there too and got a graduate degree. Anyway, you're fretting over nothing if you think you have to have more air than you have in order to be smart.

What is the point of fretting about your intelligence? Why not develop yourself and be the best YOU you can be? Isn't it better to be happy than to be smart or smarter? You can have a very high IQ and be miserable. Just seems like you are focused on being miserable. Most certainly, worrying about it won't give you a better IQ. Love yourself and enjoy your life! That is the smarter choice!

Last edited:
For you it might be funny but for me it is really an hell.
All this selfloathing, this feeling that my full existence is useless etc.
This unending pain what torments me.
It is an absolut hell.
Yes, I really have an extrem panic about posting my birthdates but of course I know that it is necessary for you to give me some advice.

I'm aware of all of this but fears are often irrational yet influence our lives fully.
I want to give you my dates of birth and I will do it but it just makes me extrem panic.

No, I don't want believe that I'm terrible. The thing is that it is my reality just as for an girl which suffers from anorexia perceives herself as fat.

That what I know about iq is that it is constant but of course I could be wrong. I just read a lot that air means intelligence, quick thinking and understanding etc. therfore I thought so.
What are honorclasses?

I'm always reflecting on myself and are doing my best to developing myself.
The thing is that I'm suffering from childhoodtrauma and need professional help. I'm on an waitinglist by an psychtherapist but it still takes some time.

Intelligence is for me personally an really valuable property, a tool with witch you can help others and help to make the world a better place.
Furthermore do I really love to engage in a lot of fields such as mathematics, science, psychology, philosophy, technology, music, art etc.
For a lot of these fields is a good iq really helpful to excel good in them and of course to understand them because they are abstract.

Sure, you can also be miserable if you have an high iq,I know that.
I never don't believe that if I would have an good iq that than all my life would be perfect, of course not.
The cause of my mental health problems lies in my childhood

It takes a lot of work to love yourself, this isn't something what is an instant thing but I will do all what I can to get close to this goal.

I unfortunatly can't post an picture from my birtchart.
There for I give you my dates of birth, hope that is ok.

Month: March
Day: 16
Year: 1989
Time: 11.23 am (forenoon)
In Germany in Kichen/Sieg 50n49, 7e53

Thank you all for your help.

Harmelia

For you it might be funny but for me it is really an hell.
All this selfloathing, this feeling that my full existence is useless etc.
This unending pain what torments me.
It is an absolut hell.
Yes, I really have an extrem panic about posting my birthdates but of course I know that it is necessary for you to give me some advice.

I'm aware of all of this but fears are often irrational yet influence our lives fully.
I want to give you my dates of birth and I will do it but it just makes me extrem panic.

No, I don't want believe that I'm terrible. The thing is that it is my reality just as for an girl which suffers from anorexia perceives herself as fat.

That what I know about iq is that it is constant but of course I could be wrong. I just read a lot that air means intelligence, quick thinking and understanding etc. therfore I thought so.
What are honorclasses?

I'm always reflecting on myself and are doing my best to developing myself.
The thing is that I'm suffering from childhoodtrauma and need professional help. I'm on an waitinglist by an psychtherapist but it still takes some time.

Intelligence is for me personally an really valuable property, a tool with witch you can help others and help to make the world a better place.
Furthermore do I really love to engage in a lot of fields such as mathematics, science, psychology, philosophy, technology, music, art etc.
For a lot of these fields is a good iq really helpful to excel good in them and of course to understand them because they are abstract.

Sure, you can also be miserable if you have an high iq,I know that.
I never don't believe that if I would have an good iq that than all my life would be perfect, of course not.
The cause of my mental health problems lies in my childhood

It takes a lot of work to love yourself, this isn't something what is an instant thing but I will do all what I can to get close to this goal.

I didn't mean "ha ha" funny, like I'm laughing at you. I was saying, funny as in "odd" that you wanted us to comment on your chart without giving us your chart. I'm truly sorry for all your troubles. I hope you find some peace.

Last edited:
For this case and thread I indeed mean the pure iq.
No, it was just the question if people with low or no air don't be so intelligent but you shared your point of view with me. Thank you.
But more detachment wouldn't be a bad thing.
Of course you can become good in something with training, never denied that.

But my point was that for some of this fields you need a good intelligence because she gives you abilitys which you need for some and which you not really can train.

Do you mean iqtests from the Internet? Don't know if they are reliable.

So, you say that the ability of abstract thinking isn't always an prove or hint for intelligence?
OK, if you can train to get better scoores does this mean just for this iqtest or does this training really improves your abilitys?
What is the limit for improving your abilitys?

"Witness so-called geniuses who have invented bombs or led armies."

However, I just don't know if I'm intelligent and good in abstract thinking.

Kite

Hello,
I just registrated on this forum because there is a thing about my natalchart which makes me really desperate.

There is a lot of water in my natal chart with moon, sun, ac, mc, mercury, venus and northnode in this element.
In my twelft house are two planets and chiron, the other waterhouses are empty.

I unfortunatly doesn't have one thing in the firesigns.
Just my moon and pluto are in firehouses.

My saturn, uranus and neptun are in capricorn.
In the earthhouses are uranus, mercury, venus and sun.

In air I just have mars and jupiter in gemini.
I have also just saturn and neptun in an airhouse (7).

So, my problem is that I'm afraid of being unintelligent because of this low air.
Can people be intelligent in terms of iq without or with low air?

I like to learn new things and to engage in them but I have a lot of and varied interests. I have an insatiable inquisitiveness.That makes it difficult for me to stay by one object and to become really an expert in it.
I really have problems to start with my projects and to end them because there are a lot of other ideas and projects where I want excel in. So, I regulary change the topic of focus :(
I'm openminded (I think) and I would say I'm adaptable and open to change.

But I doesn't know if I'm good and quick at thinking and in quickly grasping abstract ideas and concepts.
Can you just be quick in understanding and grasping ideas with a good emphasis in air?

I didn't think good about me and does always see me as unintelligent and untalented.

So it makes me really sad to have so little air.
Don't I have the ability to good thinking, understanding and intelectual pursuit?

Sry for my bad english, it isn'my native language.

Thank you for reading :)

With best regards,

Janina

I have no air except for my Aquarius ascendant. If anything, I've overcompensated for the lack of air by being in my head too much. I wouldn't worry - we all find ways of dealing with imbalances.

Kite

Attached is the Chart

Attachments

• Sensitive.jpg
    Sensitive.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 25

Kite

Attached is the Chart

I don't see the lack of air as the issue. I think the main issue is that Mercury is in Fall and Detriment but it is in mutual reception with Jupiter helping out. The problem is Jupiter is in the 12th so you might not be aware of the mental powers you have available to you. With Jupiter ruling the 9th of higher mind/education - I sense you can train yourself to tap into your mental capabilities. There are plenty of free online courses you could take for instance through Coursera. I would check some out and see what is of interest to you. Mercury is conjunct your Midheaven so it picks up dignity there and indicates that you can rise to the occasion.

Harmelia

Your chart is very interesting to me. In the Placidus house system, your Jupiter conjunct Mars is in the 12th house in Gemini, but Gemini is intercepted. That means, Gemini does not fall on the house cusp. I've noticed that this can truly make a person feel stuck.

Your Jupiter and Mars is square your natal nodes as well - putting a lot of pressure on Mars and Jupiter to develop. Gemini is about thinking and is ruled by Mercury, which is in Pisces conjunct MC. Taurus is on the 12th house cusp and Venus rules. Venus is conjunct Sun in Pisces, 10th house. So, Pisces again. North Node is in Pisces.

To me, all roads lead to Pisces. The answer is actually Pisces. Your South Node Virgo conjunct your IC, is the part of you who worries, frets and is very anxious. The IC is the most private, personal part of oneself. The remedy is its opposite - your North Node in Pisces - which is about letting go of worry, self-doubt, self-criticism, etc. and simply having faith in God or whatever you believe in - a higher power. It's letting go of responsibility for everything - for having to be perfect and helpful and of service. Virgo wants to save the world. I have a Virgo rising with South Node and Saturn in Virgo in the first house, so I totally get Virgo and how it can be relentless in self-doubt and denigration. It feels terrible. I'm older now though and have had time to work through it is all.

You know, we all have a big wound - represented by our South Node. It takes a while to heal it, but we can. We just have to hang in there and keep working at it. The thing about Pisces is that it isn't focused on thinking. It's more about feeling inner peace - that everything is okay - that we can "let go" of perfectionism and everything Virgo. It provides a perfect balance to Virgo - and that's why you have the Sun, Venus, Mercury and North Node in Pisces. You are supposed to go there.

Virgo wants to think. Mercury the thinker, rules it. And it can be obsessive. Pisces prefers meditation, prayer, relaxing, playing music - it loves music, theater, dance, art - anything creative! Pisces is the Muse. It's imaginative, artistic, creative, empathic and intuitive - everything Virgo isn't. So, honestly, you have some real gifts here. I think artistic or creative endeavors are truly more your thing. It doesn't mean you can't make the world a better place. It just means you need to do it in a Piscean way instead of the Virgo way - or at least, you need to use your Virgo to help you do whatever Pisces project you get going. You have a lot of support with your personal planets to reach the peace of mind that is Pisces. When we do a creative project, we lose track of time, we lose ourselves to the task at hand, we zone out or commune with the Muse. That's Pisces.

You have your Moon in Cancer in the first house. You wear your heart on your sleeve. It's a challenging Moon placement. It means that for sure you want to protect yourself - be careful who you trust with your heart. Caution is good. You are compassionate and understanding. That's good. Pisces is also very empathic. You can sense and feel other people's emotions. That's good. But, YES. You are Sensitive Breath. You will need to learn how to set good boundaries around yourself. Some of us are indeed more vulnerable than others. There's nothing wrong with that. It just means that you need to learn some techniques to protect yourself so that you can feel safe. You need time alone. With all that Pisces, you'll need solitude after being with people. You'll need to learn how to nurture your sensitive self.

It doesn't mean that you aren't smart. It means that the focus for this lifetime is more creative in an intuitive instead of a concrete thinking kind of way. It's another kind of intelligence - one, in my opinion, that is more of value than any other. When you can begin to feel less emotional, rise up above emotions, you will access Pisces much easier and experience your mind more like pure consciousness - pure awareness and knowing. It's the Higher Mind in Pisces. Some day you may love your chart.

Anyway, these are the things that jump out at me. I hope it helps a bit.

Last edited:
@Harmelia

Thank you very much for your help, it really means a lot for me.
I know that in some housesystems my mars/jupiter conjunction is in the 12th house, in some other systems they are in the 11th house.
I never know which one was right :/
Oh yeah, I really feel stuck.

What does the square from mars/jupiter to my mercury mean?
How can I develop my Mars and Jupiter?
Yeah, I have a lot of pisces in my chart :/

Of course, I love music and art but don't think that I'm a creativ, intuitive or imaginative person. I don't have such talents.
As a child I often draw and was in the childrens choir but I haven't painted or doing any creativ stuff in the last years.

Furthermore I never get anything done and I have a low energylevel.
My versatile interests don't make it easier to engage fully into one field because I always switch between them.

I want really get an deep understanding from all of this fields and how they are connect, really are inquisitive about the truth behind it all.
I want to learn why things are the way they are, about all the laws and the mystery what is behind all this. The source.

That also was Einsteins drive :)

I can hide my emotions really good I think.
I don't like it if people ask if anything is wrong or why I'm sad.
Therefor I learned to hide them so that the people don't recognize anything.
Unfortunatly I can't sense and feel other peoples emotions :(

I just always know what is going on in myself, why I act this way in every situation and I'm aware of the cause etc.
So, I think it means that I good in selfreflection.

So, you mean that I'm really are a sensitive person?
I think thats true that I need alonetime after being together with other people.
But I always thought I'm more extroverted because I'm love people and are an very open person but also a bit shy and cautios.

What does it mean that my moon has an opposition to my saturn/neptun conjunction?

Hm, I really love it to think.
There is no intuition in me :(

Oh, that will become hard work to feel less emotional. I really are full of deep emotions, it's exhausting.

Pure awareness and knowing, sounds good :) Is knowing a part of intuition?

I admire Einstein. He was pisces and it seems that his intuition was his tool for his discoveries.
Of course, I think that his iq was very high but he never takes an test. So he was really smart.
He also loves music, art and sailing.

So, you are saying that it doesn't mean I'm unintelligent.
Can I ask you what uranus and mercury on the axes mean?
What means my uranus sextil to mc, northnode and mercury?
An uranus/ac opposition? Mercury/ac trigon?
Neptun/mercury sextile and mercury/pluto trigon?

So, it could be that I have the ability for abstract thinking and that I could have despite this lot of pisces an good or high iq?
Just asking.

I hope I don't annoy you.

With best regards :3

Janina

Harmelia

@Harmelia

Thank you very much for your help, it really means a lot for me.
I know that in some housesystems my mars/jupiter conjunction is in the 12th house, in some other systems they are in the 11th house.
I never know which one was right :/
Oh yeah, I really feel stuck.

What does the square from mars/jupiter to my mercury mean?
How can I develop my Mars and Jupiter?
Yeah, I have a lot of pisces in my chart :/

Of course, I love music and art but don't think that I'm a creativ, intuitive or imaginative person. I don't have such talents.
As a child I often draw and was in the childrens choir but I haven't painted or doing any creativ stuff in the last years.

Furthermore I never get anything done and I have a low energylevel.
My versatile interests don't make it easier to engage fully into one field because I always switch between them.

I want really get an deep understanding from all of this fields and how they are connect, really are inquisitive about the truth behind it all.
I want to learn why things are the way they are, about all the laws and the mystery what is behind all this. The source.

That also was Einsteins drive :)

I can hide my emotions really good I think.
I don't like it if people ask if anything is wrong or why I'm sad.
Therefor I learned to hide them so that the people don't recognize anything.
Unfortunatly I can't sense and feel other peoples emotions :(

I just always know what is going on in myself, why I act this way in every situation and I'm aware of the cause etc.
So, I think it means that I good in selfreflection.

So, you mean that I'm really are a sensitive person?
I think thats true that I need alonetime after being together with other people.
But I always thought I'm more extroverted because I'm love people and are an very open person but also a bit shy and cautios.

What does it mean that my moon has an opposition to my saturn/neptun conjunction?

Hm, I really love it to think.
There is no intuition in me :(

Oh, that will become hard work to feel less emotional. I really are full of deep emotions, it's exhausting.

Pure awareness and knowing, sounds good :) Is knowing a part of intuition?

I admire Einstein. He was pisces and it seems that his intuition was his tool for his discoveries.
Of course, I think that his iq was very high but he never takes an test. So he was really smart.
He also loves music, art and sailing.

So, you are saying that it doesn't mean I'm unintelligent.
Can I ask you what uranus and mercury on the axes mean?
What means my uranus sextil to mc, northnode and mercury?
An uranus/ac opposition? Mercury/ac trigon?
Neptun/mercury sextile and mercury/pluto trigon?

So, it could be that I have the ability for abstract thinking and that I could have despite this lot of pisces an good or high iq?
Just asking.

I hope I don't annoy you.

With best regards :3

Janina

Dear Janina,
Any planet on an angle makes it stronger. Your two Moon's Nodes, Mercury, Uranus, Neptune and Saturn are all strengthened on your angles. I'm actually thinking that you are quite intelligent and this is why you are so frustrated. In the studies I've done on Mensa - I've read many stories where the person is angry and impatient. Your Jupiter conjunct Mars in Gemini could have something to do with that.

I think you may not understand what intuition is. Einstein used his intuition to formulate his theories. Inventive people - people who come up with truly new ideas, are intuitive. I think you just don't recognize your intuition. Having intuition is creative in itself, whether it's used in science, inventing something, or working out any problem - be it psychological, philosophical, mathematical, or something hands on - like solving a construction problem - how to fit a window into rounded wall kind of thing. Here's a quote from Einstein " Logic will get you from A to B, but imagination will take you everywhere". Another quote by him - " The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination".

I think you can develop your Jupiter-Mars by embracing Pisces imagination. You want to think concretely with your Virgo South Node. You want to manhandle information and use it in a concrete way. You are doing what everyone does in their south node - they use the sign negatively. Negative Virgo is self-depricating and self-critical. Positive Virgo is "analyzing to understand". It works to perfect a skill. It can be organized and methodical. These are all good things that can help a Pisces engage in intuitive and imaginative projects.

But as long as you are so emotional, it will be difficult to take advantage of all these gifts you have. The ruler of your Jupiter-Mars is Mercury. The ruler of the sign on the 12th house is Venus. They are both in Pisces. That means to develop them, you need to be Piscean. You need to embrace your Mercury and Venus in Pisces. To do that, you need to work on not doing negative Virgo. You need to challenge your thoughts when you are thinking self-loathing thoughts. You need to stop yourself and say - no, I'm not stupid. No, I'm not thinking this right now. You could really benefit from taking a meditation class or explore meditation techniques online. It can help you observe your thoughts and eventually, you can choose the ones you want to have. When you can stop doing the negative, emotional things, your energy will be freed up to develop your intuitive and mental skills. You'll have more energy overall, because emotions drain our energy.

You ARE a sensitive person, but you truly could lessen this by working with your thoughts. They go together. IF you stop the thoughts connected to the emotion, you will stop the emotion. With meditation, you could choose the thoughts to focus on and watch your energy change.

You could also search the internet for self-protective techniques to make you less sensitive to other people's energies - like surrounding yourself in a bubble of white light that repels other people's energy. There's a lot out there for you to explore along these lines.

You need to pick a Pisces project - just for fun. Anything you want. Could be a science project, drawing or painting, singing - anything that gets you out of yourself and thinking/intuiting. It can just be a little project. Your Mars wants something to do. You need to give it something to do. Together, working with Virgo and Pisces in these ways, you can get out of your stuck place. Jupiter does like changing things up - and perhaps at some point, all the interests could come together in one project. Switching up doesn't have to be bad. You should pick shorter projects where you can complete something. Tell your Jupiter - to wait just a minute and you'll be right with him as soon as you finish this one thing. He may not like it, but he'll wait.

Last edited: