Retrograde planets and karmic/past life influence

theoddone

I've been doing some reading lately regarding how retrograde planets on the natal chart can be indicative of past life issues that are carried over into this lifetime. I have two retrograde planets in my own natal chart, Venus and Jupiter. It said that having Venus retrograde on a person's chart is indicative of having many selfish love affairs in past lives and because of that, love does not come easily for us or we don't find love until later in life. Some readings state that having Venus retrograde also means we have a higher chance of meeting our twin flames :biggrin:. And Jupiter retrograde in the chart is indicative of having been persecuted in past lives for religious beliefs or that we abused privileges in regards to faith, wealth, and power.

Anyways, I thought the subject was fascinating.

ashriia

I've been doing some reading lately regarding how retrograde planets on the natal chart can be indicative of past life issues that are carried over into this lifetime. I have two retrograde planets in my own natal chart, Venus and Jupiter. It said that having Venus retrograde on a person's chart is indicative of having many selfish love affairs in past lives and because of that, love does not come easily for us or we don't find love until later in life. Some readings state that having Venus retrograde also means we have a higher chance of meeting our twin flames :biggrin:. And Jupiter retrograde in the chart is indicative of having been persecuted in past lives for religious beliefs or that we abused privileges in regards to faith, wealth, and power.

Anyways, I thought the subject was fascinating.

When I first began studying astrology all i was interested in was Karma/Past Life indicators.. because it's fascinating.. what I've come to realize through the years is that our Entire Charts are karmic and indicative of our past life issues and accomplishments. It's not just Saturn, Pluto, the nodes and nodal axis.
Natal Retrograde planets..become super interesting when they go direct by progression too! and you could study your solar return chart for the year a natal retrograde planet goes direct, because that is also fascinating.

I can see retro Venus being tied in with twin souls. But south node transits and vertex conjunctions are equally important. ( South Nodes indicate the past. Vertex is the open doorway in our charts in which people walk in) :smile:

Etchasketch

I have Chiron retrograde conjunct my S.Node. Both in Taurus and 7th house, though Aries takes up most of my 7th. Could this be an indicator of sexual abuse?

unique_astrology

I looked at your chart because of another thread and after investigating it thought that you might be an abuser. Seeing this post I think you very likely were sexually abused.

Bob

I have Chiron retrograde conjunct my S.Node. Both in Taurus and 7th house, though Aries takes up most of my 7th. Could this be an indicator of sexual abuse?

Etchasketch

It's not uncommon for those who have been abused to become an abuser. Fortunately for me, I have never pursued any relationship where those energies are present. I have, however, had other people who were abused in one way or another, either want to take out their hurt on me or relive their role as the victim with me.

What configurations in my chart suggest I could be an abuser?

unique_astrology

All positions are in right ascension (true body positions in space). You can look at the picture of your chart and get close by using the positions in longitude.

Natal MC 102°54'

Mars-Pluto midpoint rises at 102°05'.

Square to MC is 192°54' ( 102°54'+ 90° = 192°54').

Your Mars at 192°51' sits on your Saturn-Neptune midpoint at 192°28', the whole thing in an exact square to the MC.

Venus at 194°44' is on the Mars-Pluto midpoint at 194°39'.

All of the aspects very strong and all associated with sexual or psychological inharmony or possible abnormality. Aspects usually accompanied by psychological difficulties - some of the reasons people take psych courses are the same or similar as to why people take an interest in astrology. This may explain your situation for the past 7 years or at least play a significant part.

Last edited:

Etchasketch

My renewed interest in astrology was quite sudden and obsessive for a couple of weeks coinciding with a 3 week stoppage of acupuncture treatments. I already have a degree in psychology which doesn't do much since "Dr. heal thyself" can easily lead one down the wrong path. Anyway, my acupuncture has resumed and coupled with my breathing exercises my need to satisfy obsessive intellectual whims has begun to wane. Thank you for your replies, they are much appreciated.

Claire19

If your 7th house is ruled by Mars then you need to look to see if there is a challenging connection to Pluto. Then there may be spousal abuse. Chiron and the South Node in Taurus is no indicator of that. Without a full chart loaded, we cannot make an analysis based on two aspects that you have cited.

Etchasketch

I am not concerned with spousal abuse as such since I'm not involved with anyone and my last relationship - which had nothing resembling abuse on any level - ended years ago.

Attachments

• astro.jpg
    astro.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 45

ashriia

All positions are in right ascension (true body positions in space). You can look at the picture of your chart and get close by using the positions in longitude.

Can you explain in greater detail this technique please? I am trying to understand how this is done and what you mean, but it's going over my head.

unique_astrology

Find out what right ascension is, then click on this link. It will take you to my account on Photobucket and open an album which has a step by step example of how this technique can be done using Solar Fire. On the right side of the page, under "ACTIONS", you can click on "Download album" to download it to your computer so you can study it without being on the internet.

It seems that I forgot to post the link. Here it is:

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/unique_astrology/library/1%20Set%20up%20and%20Betancourt?sort=6&page=1

Using a commercial program will save you from having to compute the risings and settings by hand (like I had to do long ago), or even with a calculator (I bought a 500 step programmable scientific calculator in the 80's and put the steps into it, saving a lot of time). The steps are shown in this image. The calculations shown are for precession corrected positions but they are essentially the same as for non-precessed positions.

Bob

a-Risings.gif

Last edited:

Mfroyer

I believe that yes, your entire chart can be a makeup of all karmic matter.. but I also believe that there are many many layers to that as well..
..in Martin Schulman's words
.. retrograde planets tend to break the time barrier. The individual brings memories of prior lifetimes into the present incarnation. There may be feelings of a “blending of lifetimes” characterized by the person attempting to resolve issues that still appear to be unfinished. The memories can be so vivid that the person does not recognize them as “memories.” The individual is living in a dulled phase of another time zone whose irresistible magnetism seems even more important than his current life. The individual keeps re-living the experiences that relate to the particular retrograde planet.

So in essence, retrogrades operate through multiple dimensions at the same time. Someone who's a retrograded individual in their natal chart can often feel similarly to living multiple lives and personalities at once maybe?

On Venus retrograde "indicative of having many selfish love affairs in past lives"... I think that really depends on other aspects within the chart. What I do believe in a more general stance is that that your soul carries memories of past life painful relationships and a great misunderstanding about the nature of love with Venus Retrograded. (how this was manifested, probably not just as simple as the planet itself being in retrograde, where is the south node placed and how is it aspected with mars?)

..the reason you may find that "love does not come easily or until later", in my opinion, is simply the law of attraction. You naturally fear (whether subconsciously or what have you) the same emotional pain your soul still recolonizes through past traumas...and in the present this will manifest as blocking one from truly experiencing free love.

JUPITERASC

I believe that yes, your entire chart can be a makeup of all karmic matter..

but

I also believe that there are many many layers to that as well..
..in Martin Schulman's words

Quote:

.. retrograde planets tend to break the time barrier.
The individual brings memories of prior lifetimes into the present incarnation.
That's simply unvalidated speculation :smile:
given that
time itself is relative

any such hypotherical "the time barrier"
may or may not exist

There may be feelings of a “blending of lifetimes”
characterized by the person attempting to resolve issues that still appear to be unfinished.
The memories can be so vivid that the person does not recognize them as “memories.”
The individual is living in a dulled phase of another time zone
hypothetical, speculative, unvalidated
whose irresistible magnetism seems even more important than his current life.

The individual keeps re-living the experiences that relate to the particular retrograde planet.
hypothetical, unproven
So in essence,
retrogrades operate through multiple dimensions at the same time.
so in essence,
the comment is based on hypothetical, unproven, unvalidated speculative theorising by another individual
and furthermore
EXCLUDES by INFERENCE other planets

and isolates retrograde planets as
planets exclusively having an ability to
"operate through multiple dimensions at the same time"

whereas there is no reason to exclude any planets from "operating through multiple dimensions at the same time"

Someone who's a retrograded individual in their natal chart
can
often feel
similarly to living multiple lives and personalities at once

maybe?
in the context of the comment - the words "CAN" and "MAYBE" underline the extremely speculative nature of the statement
i.e.
maybe
and
maybe not

can
or
cannot

it depends on some unstated factor

plausible
but
unvalidated
unverified

JUPITERASC

On Venus retrograde "indicative of having many selfish love affairs in past lives"...
I think that really depends on other aspects within the chart.
given that much of life is based on "selfish" motives
such as the inclination to survive and so forth
the chances of an individual "having many selfish love affairs in past lives"
is a statement that is plausible for many :smile:

thus
someone is told
they may have had "many selfish love affairs in past lives"
based on Venus retrograde
depending on other aspects within the chart

BUT
it is also possible
that an individual with Venus direct

may also have had "many selfish love affairs in past lives"

and so
speculation regarding Venus retorgrade is unvalidated, unverified

however
obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion
no matter how speculative

What I do believe
in a more general stance
is that that your soul carries memories of past life painful relationships
and a great misunderstanding about the nature of love with Venus Retrograded.
(how this was manifested, probably not just as simple as the planet itself being in retrograde,
where is the south node placed and how is it aspected with mars?)
given that
- judging by forum threads on relationships as well as general READ MY CHART threads
not only on this forum
but also on a multiplicity of other online forums
it is a fact that
large numbers of people experience
"painful relationships"

and so
the likelihood of vast numbers of people "having memories of past painful relationships"
would appear extremely likely

BUT
that inference
is not necessarily based on astrological placements or aspects

..the reason you may find that
"love does not come easily or until later",
in my opinion,
is simply the law of attraction.
You naturally fear (whether subconsciously or what have you)
the same emotional pain your soul still recolonizes through past traumas...
and in the present this will manifest as blocking one from truly experiencing free love.
there is however no evidence
that the "natural fear" you mention

'is'

or

'is not'

based on emotional pain experienced when very young

meanwhile

the following are interesting documented cases of reincarnation
REINCARNATION IN AMERICA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19SwRpJz0I :smile:

Luke Ruehlman is a healthy 5-year-old boy who has convinced some that he lived a past life as Pam Robinson
an African-American Chicago woman who died in a fire at the Paxton Hotel in 1993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ESrd3mMop0

MOMMY WHY AM I NOT A BOY THIS TIME?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQJXCBknbtQ

five-year-old son said he was Hollywood actor reincarnated.
Speaking to US programme Today, mum Cyndi, from Muskogee, Oklahoma, said:
"He said mom, I used to be somebody else - travelling the world, working with stars like Rita Hayworth, and dancing on Broadway"
Cyndi - raised as a Christian Baptist - was not taught to believe in reincarnation.

BUT
"We found the picture, and it changed everything,” Cyndi said.
The photo - found in a Hollywood memorial book, showing a shot from a 1932 film called Night After Night.....
Ryan said: "She turns to the page in the book, and I say ‘that’s me, that’s who I was.'"
The actor was an extra in the film, with no lines.
A film archivist identified the unknown actor as Marty Martyn
a former movie extra who later became an agent in Hollywood.
The former actor died in 1964.
Ryan regularly talked about two sisters, trips to Paris, five wives and living on a street with the name Rock in it.
and how much he missed an orange soda called “True-ade.”
This information wasn’t on the Internet.

While close, it seemed Ryan was wrong about a very important detail.
“Since then, I’ve gotten information that the death certificate was incorrect, which would have made Marty Martyn 61 when he died.
Ryan was right all along.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGdqAzdH_ZE

Julia Karmic Astrology

A retrograde planet is asking you to re-work the energy of that planet.
And yes there are issues from past lives that keep coming up for you.
Venus works with love issues, Jupiter with issues around values and morality.

We can see the issues, but most times it is not possible to identify whether a person was victim or persecutor. Typically it doesn't matter, as we flip roles over many lives, as we try to really understand an issue and learn what we need to learn.

Also, it is thought that more advanced souls take on retrograde planets, more of a graduate school level course. :)

You might want to read Schulman's RETROGRADES AND REINCARNATION.

ashriia

Also, it is thought that more advanced souls take on retrograde planets, more of a graduate school level course. :)

Interesting, never heard that one before.

My understanding of retrograde planets in a natal chart has been that there was abuse of that planets energy in past lifetimes, and therefore in this life since the retrograde planet works at an internal level by the time the planet leaves it's retrograde period via progression, the native is permitted to finally use that planets energy to it's full capacity. As they are more apt to use it wisely, this time around.

Julia Karmic Astrology

When the natal chart gives you the same message in about three ways, it really wants you to pay attention to that message!

It is quite clear that you are meant to re-work your karmic wound,
Chiron Retro conjunct SN. This karmic wound may be holding back your personal growth, and the goal would be to heal the wound and integrate
the karmic pattern.

Chiron in Taurus indicates a wound to the body, inner security, or self worth.
Chiron in 7h indicates that this wound takes place in the context of relationships. This soul has not been able to balance the needs of self with the needs of others.

7h Taurus SN is a soul who in past lives who valued material security over the self, and towards that end put the needs of others first, to the exclusion of its own needs.

The goal in this life is to be secure, but then move on to a spiritual security.
To balance self and others.

To answer your question, I am not seeing necessarily sexual abuse, but more physical or emotional abuse. Which you tolerated for material security.

But with Chiron retro on the SN it is possible you are getting some flashbacks, so if you are feeling sexual abuse, I would not rule it out.

Hope this helps.

Julia

Julia Karmic Astrology

Interesting, never heard that one before.

My understanding of retrograde planets in a natal chart has been that there was abuse of that planets energy in past lifetimes, and therefore in this life since the retrograde planet works at an internal level by the time the planet leaves it's retrograde period via progression, the native is permitted to finally use that planets energy to it's full capacity. As they are more apt to use it wisely, this time around.

Yes I would agree with this basically, but I would tweak it a bit.
I have noticed several people posting along the lines that retro planets in the natal chart are the result of misuse of the planet energy in past lives. That may or may not be the case for an individual soul. It is possible that someone has just chosen to learn more about a planet's energy for soul growth and has chosen a higher level strategy so to speak via retro. As you indicate it is a more complex and sophisticated learning strategy, and a marker for a more advanced soul.