Random Thoughts, strictly Text

JUPITERASC

I freaken love complicated thickettexts! It brings me alive!

Y

Electromagnetic radiation affects People (all mammals).

gamma rays: cause cancer and mutations
gammas were the driving force behind Evolution on Earth
as Natural Background Radiation (gammas and x-rays) has decreased
so too has the pace of Evolution

X-rays: damage to cells

Ultra-Violet (UV): damages surface cells (including skin cancer) and causes blindness

Visible Light: Our beautiful colors cause increased rates of premature skin aging and skin cancer

Infrared: skin burns

Microwaves: internal heating of body tissue, memory loss, cancer

Radio waves: harm body cells, prevalence of migraine, headache disorders, insomnia, frequent nose bleed, increase in white blood cells, tinnitus

Note how in particular, Radio Waves attack the Head/Brain.

When we say Radio Waves, we're talking about wave-lengths larger than microwaves, which are...

FM Radio - includes portable phones, cell-phones, tablets, laptops et al

VHF Television
UHF Television
Short-Wave
AM Band
and at the far end of the AM band is VLF (Very Low Frequency)
ELF (Extremely Low Frequency)
and ULF (Ultra-Low Frequency).

So putting it altogether
in Traditional Astrology, there are multiple sources generating electromagnetic radiation
including the Sun, Moon and 5 Planets
plus multiples sources reflecting electromagnetic radiation
and even fine-tuning that electromagnetic radiation through aspects
like the sextile (60°), square (90°), trine (120°) and opposition (180°)
and that affects Humans.

That's the science part.

All of you do know and understand that the photos you get from Hubble or all digitally enhanced with computer software to make them pretty, right?

'.......since pluto's discovery - currently 84 years ago -
telescopes have gotten much more powerful
and astronomers much more clever.
They have found there are 50-100 objects orbiting the sun that are exactly like Pluto.
Some of these, like Eris, are bigger that Pluto.
There are objects that are more like planets than Pluto is
and if we were to include Pluto as a planet
then we would have to include the 50 other insignificant hunks of rock floating around our sun.
There is literally nothing separating Pluto from the 50 other ‘planets’ that we have discovered.
And that would be assigning equal weight to their importance.
Because as harsh as it is, there is not much that is interesting about these dwarf planets.
They are just lumps of rock and ice that are indistinguishable from their moons of rock and ice.....'

Putting it all together....

The Traditional System is very simple:
Celestial bodies which have sufficient mass to produce electromagnetic radiation
and also to reflect electromagnetic radiation from the Sun and from the other Planets to Earth
and produce a noticeable affect proven by Science are used.

Celestial bodies that do not have sufficient mass to produce electromagnetic radiation
or to reflect electromagnetic radiation
or are sufficiently distant as to not interfere with electromagnetic radiation on Earth are ignored.

Telescopes are immaterial and irrelevant.
Telescopes do not cause Planets to produce electromagnetic radiation;
telescopes do not cause Planets to reflect electromagnetic radiation
and finally, telescopes neither enhance nor degrade electromagnetic radiation.

Regarding the Transfer of Light (and Collection of Light):
these are key concepts used in all charts in Traditional Astrology.
In fact, what people think of as influence by the Outers are actually Transfers/Collections.

The number of threads on the Horary Forum on Collection/Transfer are too numerous too count.

Those concepts are critical to correct interpretation of Mundane and Mundane Event Charts (especially Forensic Charts).

The Deception: Traditionals use Bounds/Terms & Faces which are not visible to the naked eye
and therefore the Traditional view fails and they should accept Pluto.

The Reality: Traditionals claim that Bounds/Terms & Faces modify the Planet
but have no affect on People.

The Deception: Traditionals use House Cusps which are not visible to the naked eye

The Reality:
Traditionals never claimed that House Cusps have power.
House Cusps are an arbitrary system (at present) assisting in delineation by showing where certain Topical Matters spill over into other Topical Matters.
Traditionals never claimed House Cusps affect affect People.

The Deception: Traditionals use Arabian Parts which are not visible to the naked eye

The Reality: Lots/Parts are mathematical calculations possibly originating from Lagrange Points.
It is also possible that Lots/Parts are rooted in Planetary Ascendants.
Traditionals have never claimed that Lots/Parts affect on People.
The Lots/Parts only provide additional information on a Topic.

The Deception: Traditionals use the Moon's Nodes, which are not visible to the naked eye;

The Reality: The Head (North Node) and Tail (South Node) modify a Planet's condition,
but they do not modify People.

The Deception: Traditionals use Signs, which are not visible to the naked eye;

The Reality: Signs modify a Planet's condition, but they do not modify People.

The Deception: Traditionals use Degree Points such as Azieme (for disease),
Pitted, Fortunate, Eminent, Empty, Dark, Shadowy and Bright,
none of which are visible to the naked eye;

The Reality: Degree Points modify a Planet's condition,

I hope we're clear on that now.

Fixed Stars modify a Planet or Chart Point, but do not affect People.
As it stands, the output of electromagnetic radiation in all forms from Algol,
whether it be x-rays, gammas, ultra-violet, the color spectrum, infrared, microwave, radar, short-wave or long-wave
is 10 times that of the Sun.

Signs and Triplicities modify a Planet...but not People.

How a Planet functions depends on whether the Planet is Exalted, Domiciled, in-Sect Triplicity, Peregrine, in Detriment or in Fall.
Those conditions are determined by Signs.

It is illogical and incredibly unscientific to claim that some Celestial Bodies are modified by Signs, and some are not.

Quote:
nearly 100 objects like QB1 have been found. They are thought to be similar to Pluto in composition
and like Pluto, many orbit the sun in a 3:2 resonance with Neptune.
This swarm of Pluto-like objects beyond Neptune is known as the Kuiper Belt
after Gerard Kuiper, who first proposed that such a belt existed and served as a source of short period comets.
Astronomers estimate that there are at least 35,000 Kuiper Belt objects
greater than 100 km in diameter
which is several hundred times the number (and mass) of similar sized objects in the main asteroid belt.
This points out the main flaw in Modern Astrology.

Moderns arbitrarily choose to accept or reject the use of other Planetary Bodies without any basis in fact, logic, reason or science.

Traditionalists do not arbitrarily reject the use of other Celestial Bodies, instead,
Traditionalists universally apply science, logic and reason,
based on whether a Celestial Body has the mass to generate electromagnetic radiation,
and the ability to reflect light,
and that it affects Earth and the People who inhabit Earth.

There is a Cause-and-Effect Relationship.
The Cause is Electromagnetic Radiation, the Effect is how it interferes, relates, intones, conditions,
or otherwise affects the Human Brain.
Due to similarities in brain structure,
it could affect all mammals,
or at least those mammals that are "higher order"
(whales, dolphins, porpoises, sea cows, sea lions, dogs, cats, horses etc).

Science can barely explain how the brain works,
much less determine external or extrinsic factors that might affect the brain.

In spite of the fact that the Traditional View has been fully explained
ad infinitum ad nauseum,
it is put forth by some that our view of the Solar System is outmoded....it is not.

We acknowledge the existence of the Outer Planets
(and Asteroids and such)
because they exist.

However, based on the aforementioned scientific evidence
there is no proof they impact People.

moonkat235

I don't want to detract from the fate vs free will thread with non-astrological posts, but I have a few thoughts that I just wanted to share.

I disagree that I like certainty in my life and therefore believe in fate. I disagree that free will choice-centered modernistic astrology is for people who can live with uncertainty and who enjoy exploring possibilities. I view it more in terms of control. I believe in determinism and acknowledge that I have no control and even what I will has been determined outside of myself. I think people who are very into free will are disturbed by the prospect of lack of control.

Further, life is not any less fated from a sociopolitical standpoint now than it was in 'ancient times'. The concept of social mobility is largely a myth. In times with less technology, it was harder to keep track of people or 'keep an eye on them'. I mean, helloooo NSA.

Google ads are generated based on your search history and cookies on your computer. The constant barrage of media advertisements is a form of brainwashing. There's still racism and classism and sexism and really every ism you can think of. There's gerrymandering and the 1%.

We may have more access to knowledge in some sense, but the type of information we choose to consume vs what information is thrown at us shows a huge discrepancy. We are highly influenced by mundane things we barely notice.

I also think that free will is not clearly evident. Even the things we want in life, the things we find beautiful or attractive are outside of our control. I don't think a little bit of both free will and fate is obvious.

Last edited:

ynnest

Electromagnetic radiation affects People (all mammals).

gamma rays: cause cancer and mutations
gammas were the driving force behind Evolution on Earth
as Natural Background Radiation (gammas and x-rays) has decreased
so too has the pace of Evolution

X-rays: damage to cells

Ultra-Violet (UV): damages surface cells (including skin cancer) and causes blindness

Visible Light: Our beautiful colors cause increased rates of premature skin aging and skin cancer

Infrared: skin burns

Microwaves: internal heating of body tissue, memory loss, cancer

Radio waves: harm body cells, prevalence of migraine, headache disorders, insomnia, frequent nose bleed, increase in white blood cells, tinnitus

Note how in particular, Radio Waves attack the Head/Brain.

When we say Radio Waves, we're talking about wave-lengths larger than microwaves, which are...

FM Radio - includes portable phones, cell-phones, tablets, laptops et al

VHF Television
UHF Television
Short-Wave
AM Band
and at the far end of the AM band is VLF (Very Low Frequency)
ELF (Extremely Low Frequency)
and ULF (Ultra-Low Frequency).

So putting it altogether
in Traditional Astrology, there are multiple sources generating electromagnetic radiation
including the Sun, Moon and 5 Planets
plus multiples sources reflecting electromagnetic radiation
and even fine-tuning that electromagnetic radiation through aspects
like the sextile (60°), square (90°), trine (120°) and opposition (180°)
and that affects Humans.

That's the science part.

All of you do know and understand that the photos you get from Hubble or all digitally enhanced with computer software to make them pretty, right?

'.......since pluto's discovery - currently 84 years ago -
telescopes have gotten much more powerful
and astronomers much more clever.
They have found there are 50-100 objects orbiting the sun that are exactly like Pluto.
Some of these, like Eris, are bigger that Pluto.
There are objects that are more like planets than Pluto is
and if we were to include Pluto as a planet
then we would have to include the 50 other insignificant hunks of rock floating around our sun.
There is literally nothing separating Pluto from the 50 other ‘planets’ that we have discovered.
And that would be assigning equal weight to their importance.
Because as harsh as it is, there is not much that is interesting about these dwarf planets.
They are just lumps of rock and ice that are indistinguishable from their moons of rock and ice.....'

Putting it all together....

The Traditional System is very simple:
Celestial bodies which have sufficient mass to produce electromagnetic radiation
and also to reflect electromagnetic radiation from the Sun and from the other Planets to Earth
and produce a noticeable affect proven by Science are used.

Celestial bodies that do not have sufficient mass to produce electromagnetic radiation
or to reflect electromagnetic radiation
or are sufficiently distant as to not interfere with electromagnetic radiation on Earth are ignored.

Telescopes are immaterial and irrelevant.
Telescopes do not cause Planets to produce electromagnetic radiation;
telescopes do not cause Planets to reflect electromagnetic radiation
and finally, telescopes neither enhance nor degrade electromagnetic radiation.

Regarding the Transfer of Light (and Collection of Light):
these are key concepts used in all charts in Traditional Astrology.
In fact, what people think of as influence by the Outers are actually Transfers/Collections.

The number of threads on the Horary Forum on Collection/Transfer are too numerous too count.

Those concepts are critical to correct interpretation of Mundane and Mundane Event Charts (especially Forensic Charts).

The Deception: Traditionals use Bounds/Terms & Faces which are not visible to the naked eye

The Reality: Traditionals claim that Bounds/Terms & Faces modify the Planet
but have no affect on People.

The Deception: Traditionals use House Cusps which are not visible to the naked eye

The Reality:
Traditionals never claimed that House Cusps have power.
House Cusps are an arbitrary system (at present) assisting in delineation by showing where certain Topical Matters spill over into other Topical Matters.
Traditionals never claimed House Cusps affect affect People.

The Deception: Traditionals use Arabian Parts which are not visible to the naked eye

The Reality: Lots/Parts are mathematical calculations possibly originating from Lagrange Points.
It is also possible that Lots/Parts are rooted in Planetary Ascendants.
Traditionals have never claimed that Lots/Parts affect on People.
The Lots/Parts only provide additional information on a Topic.

The Deception: Traditionals use the Moon's Nodes, which are not visible to the naked eye;

The Reality: The Head (North Node) and Tail (South Node) modify a Planet's condition,

The Deception: Traditionals use Signs, which are not visible to the naked eye;

The Reality: Signs modify a Planet's condition, but they do not modify People.

The Deception: Traditionals use Degree Points such as Azieme (for disease),
Pitted, Fortunate, Eminent, Empty, Dark, Shadowy and Bright,
none of which are visible to the naked eye;

The Reality: Degree Points modify a Planet's condition,

I hope we're clear on that now.

Fixed Stars modify a Planet or Chart Point, but do not affect People.
As it stands, the output of electromagnetic radiation in all forms from Algol,
whether it be x-rays, gammas, ultra-violet, the color spectrum, infrared, microwave, radar, short-wave or long-wave
is 10 times that of the Sun.

Signs and Triplicities modify a Planet...but not People.

How a Planet functions depends on whether the Planet is Exalted, Domiciled, in-Sect Triplicity, Peregrine, in Detriment or in Fall.
Those conditions are determined by Signs.

It is illogical and incredibly unscientific to claim that some Celestial Bodies are modified by Signs, and some are not.

Quote:
nearly 100 objects like QB1 have been found. They are thought to be similar to Pluto in composition
and like Pluto, many orbit the sun in a 3:2 resonance with Neptune.
This swarm of Pluto-like objects beyond Neptune is known as the Kuiper Belt
after Gerard Kuiper, who first proposed that such a belt existed and served as a source of short period comets.
Astronomers estimate that there are at least 35,000 Kuiper Belt objects
greater than 100 km in diameter
which is several hundred times the number (and mass) of similar sized objects in the main asteroid belt.
This points out the main flaw in Modern Astrology.

Moderns arbitrarily choose to accept or reject the use of other Planetary Bodies without any basis in fact, logic, reason or science.

Traditionalists do not arbitrarily reject the use of other Celestial Bodies, instead,
Traditionalists universally apply science, logic and reason,
based on whether a Celestial Body has the mass to generate electromagnetic radiation,
and the ability to reflect light,
and that it affects Earth and the People who inhabit Earth.

There is a Cause-and-Effect Relationship.
The Cause is Electromagnetic Radiation, the Effect is how it interferes, relates, intones, conditions,
or otherwise affects the Human Brain.
Due to similarities in brain structure,
it could affect all mammals,
or at least those mammals that are "higher order"
(whales, dolphins, porpoises, sea cows, sea lions, dogs, cats, horses etc).

Science can barely explain how the brain works,
much less determine external or extrinsic factors that might affect the brain.

In spite of the fact that the Traditional View has been fully explained
ad infinitum ad nauseum,
it is put forth by some that our view of the Solar System is outmoded....it is not.

We acknowledge the existence of the Outer Planets
(and Asteroids and such)
because they exist.

However, based on the aforementioned scientific evidence
there is no proof they impact People.

That was an intelligent answer indeed, thank you. I now see the logic in the traditional viewpoint of astrology and based on your premises its hard to find any errors in it.

But that again is a conclusion I make within the framework of the current information available which is true for my conclusions about modern astrology as well in the sense that I make conclusions about it within the framework of the current information available.

Y

ynnest

I don't want to detract from the fate vs free will thread with non-astrological posts, but I have a few thoughts that I just wanted to share.

I disagree that I like certainty in my life and therefore believe in fate. I disagree that free will choice-centered modernistic astrology is for people who can live with uncertainty and who enjoy exploring possibilities. I view it more in terms of control. I believe in determinism and acknowledge that I have no control and even what I will has been determined outside of myself. I think people who are very into free will are disturbed by the prospect of lack of control.

Further, life is not any less fated from a sociopolitical standpoint now than it was in 'ancient times'. The concept of social mobility is largely a myth. In times with less technology, it was harder to keep track of people or 'keep an eye on them'. I mean, helloooo NSA.

Google ads are generated based on your search history and cookies on your computer. The constant barrage of media advertisements is a form of brainwashing. There's still racism and classism and sexism and really every ism you can think of. There's gerrymandering and the 1%.

We may have more access to knowledge in some sense, but the type of information we choose to consume vs what information is thrown at us shows a huge discrepancy. We are highly influenced by mundane things we barely notice.

I also think that free will is not clearly evident. Even the things we want in life, the things we find beautiful or attractive are outside of our control. I don't think a little bit of both free will and fate is obvious.

I view fate as a higher self free will choice commitment before incarnating that then can be altered by ones free will choice as embodied either completely or with nuances to adapt to an ever changing complex world where the original higher self commitment may or may not be relevant or in between or sideways, or not altered at all.

Y

Last edited:

david starling

I find it interesting that some Traditionalistic astrologers have a felt need to disparage Modernistic astrology. It's similar to a fundamentalistic religious mindset.

Chrysalis

I wish these transiting planets would leave me alone this year....my soul is so drained.

If these transits are supposed to be "life/soul lessons" then okay....ive learnt how to be alone, ive learnt how to be strong, ive learnt to not trust no-one but myself....like what else can i possibly need to learn. Hurdle after hurdle its none stop.

Last edited:

david starling

I wish these transiting planets would leave me alone this year....my soul is so drained.

If these transits are supposed to be "life/soul lessons" then okay....ive learnt how to be alone, ive learnt how to be strong, ive learnt to not trust no-one but myself....like what else can i possibly need to learn. Hurdle after hurdle its none stop.

Which transits are most troubling?

david starling

For me, this Saturn/Pluto matchup is a total bummer. Mercury is supportive of Pluto, and immune regarding Saturn. Pluto is extremely vulnerable to Saturn, especially in Saturn's own Domicile-sign, and needs Mercury's help. Which is why the disconnect due to the Opposition is especially unfortunate.

JUPITERASC

That was an intelligent answer indeed, thank you.
I now see the logic in the traditional viewpoint of astrology

and based on your premises its hard to find any errors in it.
But that again is a conclusion I make within the framework
of the current information available which is true for my conclusions
about modern astrology as well in the sense that I make conclusions about it
within the framework of the current information available.
Y
great :smile:

Chrysalis

For me, this Saturn/Pluto matchup is a total bummer. Mercury is supportive of Pluto, and immune regarding Saturn. Pluto is extremely vulnerable to Saturn, especially in Saturn's own Domicile-sign, and needs Mercury's help. Which is why the disconnect due to the Opposition is especially unfortunate.

I think anyone who has planets in mid cardinal signs, are feeling the effects. Roll on December.

"Mercury is supportive of Pluto, and immune regarding Saturn."

Why is this ?

david starling

I think anyone who has planets in mid cardinal signs, are feeling the effects. Roll on December.

"Mercury is supportive of Pluto, and immune regarding Saturn."

Why is this ?

It shows up in 12/12, but there are other reasons. Mercury served Pluto by transporting souls to the Underworld. More importantly, the Egyptian version of Pluto, the original version, is far more accurate [IMO]:
Thoth/Mercury restored Osirus/Pluto to life, after Set/Saturn cut him into pieces. The Osirus/Pluto archetype represents eternity, and the Set/Saturn archetype is about the rule of linear time, which cuts the concept of Eternity into measured parts, antithetical to its nature.

Alchemy, ruled by Thoth/Hermes/Mercury, defies Saturn's rules against immortality. To be an Alchemist is to believe in immortality.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I also think that free will is not clearly evident. Even the things we want in life, the things we find beautiful or attractive are outside of our control. I don't think a little bit of both free will and fate is obvious

clearly despite APPARENT freewill to have posted this comment on the other thread
in REALITY the "freewill" to do so is merely theoretical :smile:
because your comment would have been deleted as "off-topic"
thus illustrating the obvious lack of "freewill" to act
because of the fatedness for comments that are deemed "off-topic" for some threads
but ok on chat threads

david starling

In the 12/12 pattern, Mercury is the Exalted-ruler of Capricorn. Both Capricorn and Saturn are in-Service to Mercury, whether Saturn likes it or not.
[edit]Forgot to mention the Greco-Roman story that Cronos/Saturn swallowed his son Pluto with the intent of devouring him. Zeus/Jupiter freed him. The Earth-mother Gaia had previously prevented Saturn from swallowing Jupiter.

Last edited:

david starling

clearly despite APPARENT freewill to have posted this comment on the other thread
in REALITY the "freewill" to do so is merely theoretical :smile:
because your comment would have been deleted as "off-topic"
thus illustrating the obvious lack of "freewill" to act
because of the fatedness for comments that are deemed "off-topic" for some threads
but ok on chat threads
our forum allows that comment on chat but not on the fate thread :smile:

It was a pretty loose thread, actually. Most of the OP's own posts, as well as those of at least one other poster, we're totally off-topic, in an attempt to disparage Modernistic astrology and extoll the virtues of Traditionalistic. None of those, or my responses to them, were deleted.

david starling

Traditionalistic astrologer Christopher Warnock's stated attitude is, in so many words, that Fate conquers all, so let us all surrender to Fate. And, that to do otherwise is both futile and egocentric, and leads to unhappiness and dissatisfaction with life.