Particular issue with oppositions

Ekaterina88

Hi, I am new here, but been reading for some time.
I will try to be short. I am a bit puzzled with interpreting an opposition in certain charts. For example: we know oppositions mean just that- plain negative aspect,even worse with no reception.
But how should I interpret an opposition in a question that goes like "Did he do it?". I asked this question in an utmost important issue for me. What would an applying opposition mean in this situation? He did it? Or not?
To put it short- I got a message from a man I am involved with, but at this moment I doubt it was him who wrote it. I have strong beliefs it might have been someone else writing it from his account. So in this case, his significator is in applying opposition with the message. How should I take it? That indeed he did not write it himself, but someone else?

Last edited:

rafaella

any aspect would suggest yes, opposition suggests something that bring strife and separates. Conflict.

You can post the chart, so we can study deeper.

Ekaterina88

Unfortunatelly I simply lost the particular chart and I don't remember the exact date and hour I made it. It was on another laptop and I simply cannot find it. I just know this aspect appeared very clearly in the chart....

Last edited:

Ekaterina88

Yes! Finally I found it. I thought I lost the chart forever.

So, to put it short.
It's this guy I fancy, we kinda were about to be together, so he's definitely a love interest for me. About a month ago something strange happened; on his social media suddenly he posted a very bizarre and unusual status, totally not like himself, it was so unusual I was shocked. Knowing him for a while, I immediately had this strange feeling it might have not be him the one who posted that thing. It was so -not- like himself at all.

So I made this chart, asking this exact thing: "Is he the one who wrote that on his social media?"
So he's 7th, his social media is his 11th. He is Mercury, retrograde and in detriment (he is indeed very badly aspected for whatever reason), his social media is Venus and Venus is in applying opposition with him (Moon). I gave the Moon to him because I take myself out of the chart because this is really a 3rd party question. The message was not addressed to me, but because he is my love interest, I was shaken (the post in question was scandalous at best). So I really don't matter in this chart, it was rather a concern for him as a human being, rather than as boyfriend-to-be.
So I took this opposition as a red flag that there is, indeed, something wrong about that status, because otherwise why would he be so opposed to it? The reception of the opposition is also bad, so no chance of anything good to take out of t it. If he opposes it, does that mean, indeed, that he is at 180 degrees from it? Like really opposite to it, not him who posted it? In my astrology study I was taught that I should take oppositions as not perfected events unless there is strong reception (by domicile).

So, with this aspects, what do you think? It was him who posted it, or someone else? I mean I suspect it might have been even another girl let's say, posting that from his page. I wouldn't have asked this question if I didn't feel that it was REALLY needed. That wasn't a random status, it was scary. So take it seriously, because he's a man in his 30s, so am I, so no child play....

Waiting for your opinions. I'm really really trying to dot every "i" and cross every "t" before I consider him to have serious mental problems. Which would really hurt me.... And no, I cannot ask him about it for some reasons I don't want to get into right now.... I'm in a delicate position in all these, the guy might be in some trouble.

Attachments

• 48355874_2441303042563948_7947931032441847808_n.jpg
    48355874_2441303042563948_7947931032441847808_n.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Chrysalis

An applying opposition or any aspect for that matter, is a future aspect which has not happened yet, so this aspect will not tell you about something that has already, in the past happened.

For this you want to look at past aspects.

Ekaterina88

An applying opposition or any aspect for that matter, is a future aspect which has not happened yet, so this aspect will not tell you about something that has already, in the past happened.

For this you want to look at past aspects.

I made that chart 1 hour after the event in question. So it was an "active" issue, still ongoing so to say.

Chrysalis

"To put it short- I got a message from a man I am involved with, but at this moment I doubt it was him who wrote it. I have strong beliefs it might have been someone else writing it from his account."

This is something that's already happened.

How can an applying future aspect show something that's happened previously?

Whether its an ongoing situation or not, your asking if he sent the msg, so the msg has already been sent and read by yourself.

rafaella

There is no need to look at the opposition. Opposition here shows your own reaction, you are reacting to the message and this person, Venus here is symbolic of love. Venus also in the 10th, Moon is opposing it.... rejecting it. Pay attention to significators instead... Moon generally shows what happens next.

But was it him you ask? You look to his significator, he is Mercury rx and debilitated and in 12th. Does it look like someone you should trust? There is your answer. Was it him posting it? I'd say yes.

He does seem interested in you, or was at least, because of reception but because of the placement and rx, he is not sure and is retreating. Perhaps rather than say it face to face to you, he is going on social media and writing it there with sinister or hidden purpose (12th house).