Masturbation and me

Govind

Hey. I know this is an awkward topic but after looking though this forum I have not seen anyone broach this topic so I thought I might as well go ahead and do it.

I'm 22 years old and I've masturbated daily ever since I was 12. It was also around that time that I started developing social anxiety, depression and a stutter...I think it may be related to excess dopamine levels in the brain.

[deleted non-astrologically-related comments - Moderator]

Anyway I'm not here for a debate about the scientific aspect of it, I would just like to see if you can see my looking at my natal chart if there is any link. I would have no idea about how to go about this chart interpretation. I think I have Pluto in T-square with Moon and Venus in my chart which could indicate such a link (again my knowledge is limited).

Any help would be much appreciated.

(By the way I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by bringing up this topic. If so, I'm sorry)

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_govind_hp.3664.20724.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_govind_hp.3664.20724.gif
    50.6 KB · Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator:

Govind

Thanks for the reply.

I was actually more concerned with whether there is a link between my 'addiction' and my depression, anxiety etc. I know it may seem kinda ridiculous that there would be a connection, but I have read some reports about the link relating to excessive dopamine levels in the brain that excessive masturbation may cause. Is it possible to look at a natal chart to find this or would it be better if I asked a horary question instead?

stillatlarge

I think these things are simply co-occurring but unrelated. You're an adolescent male. Don't they all do it daily? LOL. However I do think it causes low energy and possible depression. Your chemicals need to replenish and build for a while. That's why boxers aren't allowed to have sex for a month before a fight. It keeps the senses on edge and the tension and energy at peak. It can also cause you to be introverted and not as active in seeking relationships because you're filling too much of that role yourself. Maybe that's why the bible and the catholics forbid it-because that energy is supposed to go back out into the life force instead of "on the ground" as it says in the bible. Just a thought.

MSO

I'd like to comment on this. I have the exact same thing happening with me, and this gentleman is actually older than me by 2 whole days haha. And someone said Mars/Neptune would take his sexual energy and mix with fantasies. Try having a Pisces moon with all that :p And while technically you are a Virgo, though we're both on the cusp, only our houses (I'm a Leo asc) and Moon are any different on a major level. That being said:

Excessive Dopamine levels are more related to right brain placements, like Neptune on ones ascendant, or pisces ruling the 3rd house as far as I know. Having venus in the 8th in a square with Pluto and opposite your moon in Aquarius in the 2nd does point to sexual tension in my opinion, after all these are tension aspects! You might want to investigate how sexual energy is used for spiritual purposes, your Aquarian moon is receptive to "waves", when you receive "sexual waves" through tension aspects you will no doubt feel tense. Try eating licorice for a few days, it tends to tone down ones sex drive! If you don't masterbate for 3 days/nights then you have virtually "kicked" the habit, and won't be so inclined to experience an orgasm for pleasure seeking purposes. You probably need to experience pleasure in another area of your life in order to replace the sexual pleasure!

Explain how I have the same thing with Neptune nowhere near my ascendant? Lol

Also, check his square between Mars and the Uranus/Saturn conjunction, its 10 degrees, which is very wide.

But Govind, do you also have problems with allergies as well, particularly ones that started in puberty? And along those lines, acne too?

I'd be willing to put money on it being a retrograde Mars square Neptune causing it. I don't think Sun being opposite Mars has much to do with it, but I do think the Sun's square to Neptune does. Leaves us with an already reduced energy level, which would make us prone to staying inside more, where the retrograde Mars could work its magic.

And no, stillatlarge, they don't (I was shocked too). But that thing about boxers is true (not sure about the one month thing) and it really does affect you physically. I'm sure being clean for 14 days would return all of your systems to perfectly normal though. :)

Virinchi

Its just your Rahu dasa between 2000-2018 which will make you do this
Rahu being aspected by saturn and rahu giving results of 6th house placed jupiter(rahu on star and sub of jup) will not give you control over mind till you enter 30.

after 2018, saturn dasa will help you gain more control over mind as its results are controlled by ketu and by that time you wont need to do this as you will be married

chatcheetah

Hi All,

I read ur comments on astrolgy and side effects on sexual mods.Am literally dying with its sideeffetcs such as anxiety,depression..etc.

I am 26 yrs old and i too have the same problem of masturbating .i dont know what to do..my moods keep changing frequently especially when iam alone.

I heard that am in ketu dasha...till 28 yrs...!!! every day am dying with its side effects..!! please help..!!!! god bless u all!!!!for discussing such things with more broader mind and perspective.!!

let me know if u need more details on my astro..!

chatcheetah

Hi Govind,

I am just wondering, for educational purposes, have you tried to "kick your habit" for a week or so? If yes, were there any effects on your mood/stutter etc? Also, would you describe this self-pleasuring as a compulsion in addition to an addiction, or just an addiction? Lastly, what treatments are you receiving (medicinal/alternative) for your anxiety etc?

"Thank u so much..!! for responding so quickly.!! much appreciated.!
yes i tried to stop it for week.. all my problems were getting better..! i regain my normal life and anxitye free time..!!

but againg suddenly due to mood swings i get back to the habit again..!! also the problems..!!! strat again....it has become just an addiction ...as u said..!
i do yoga and diet chances for my anxiety..!!! i take flax seeds,spinach and few other from anxiety diet also..!!"

miquar

Hi. I haven't read through all the responses properly so apologies for any repetition. I'm not sure I have anything useful to add to what Caprising has already said.

Depression and anxiety are linked because depression tends to happen when we are afraid to express some parts of ourselves. It could be that you have become kind of dependent on the dopamine released through orgasm to keep the anxiety at bay. But this also may prolong the depression because the scary energies are being pushed back all the time.

That angular Mars in Aries has a lot of drive, and because the angle involved is the one which begins a water house, its not so easy to consciously control the way it manifests. The tight T-square which Mars makes with Neptune and Chiron makes it very difficult for this Mars. Both Chiron and Neptune can bring a sense of being a helpless victim in the face of life's hardships, and also a need to find a redeemer (or redeem oneself through sacrifice to another.) With Chiron and Neptune across the horizon axis, you perhaps have always felt pretty let down by the people around you. My general sense of this T square is that your Mars has been kind of castrated by your experiences of the people around you, starting at a very early age. It may feel safer for you to keep your sex life in fantasy where you can't be manipulated, humiliated, or let down in any way.

Your Mars may be carrying a lot of bottled up anger which you may or may not be aware of and which is probably a large part of the cause of your depression and anxiety. This kind of Mars is also prone to addiction, and perhaps your daily dopamine fix is an example of this. I would be very careful not to get into using to any substance for comfort, such as alcohol, etc.

This possible castration could have been quite subtle, and therefore all the more difficult to pinpoint and deal with. You might have been smothered because of the emotional needs of those around you, and as a result perhaps you felt too guilty to assert your needs, and you perhaps didn't feel validated as an individual. These are just speculative suggestions of course for you to consider and dismiss where appropriate.

Moon exactly square Pluto is another indicator of possible anxiety. Moon in Aquarius has an instinctive need of freedom, and may feel threatened by emotional undercurrents when in close hard aspect to Pluto. The Moon, Jupiter and Mars all make a 'talent triangle' and all fall in restless signs. There is a need to be free to explore life, and perhaps this was something that was true also for your Mother. But the square from Pluto suggests that she did not feel sufficiently in control of her life to take risks, and so something went wrong in her meeting of her needs, and this issue maybe got passed onto you through the way she has related to you. Mixed messages may have confused you as to what is good and safe to do in life.

Sun square Saturn Uranus, with Mars in Aries on the IC suggests that your solar role model - probably your father, has issues with authority (including how satisfied he is with his own sense of having become an authority in some way in his own right) which may have affected his way of relating to you. With the Sun widely forming a Grand Cross with the Mars t square, perhaps he felt victimised, so this may also be part of the picture. You may have somehow got the message from him that its not safe to just do your thing.

It might be an idea for you to start to explore any suppressed desires and resentments, at some point when you feel ready. Then when you feel safer to feel these energies you can start to maybe masturbate less often so that the lessening of dopamine levels allows this energy to flow more freely. You may need to find a safe way to explore and express any anger that begins to bubble up. Martial arts can be good for Mars Neptune.

Don't know if this will help - feel free to discuss further, as it can take a few exchanges to pin down how the chart is being reflected in actual experience.

Best wishes

wilsontc

Staff member
please get back to astrology

All,

While explicit sexual talk is not permitted on the AW Forum, discussing sexual astrology and keeping the focus on ASTROLOGY is permitted. As long as the discussion does not become graphic and the focus is on looking at the issue astrologically this discussion is permitted. I have and will continue to delete any off-topic postings.

Back to astrology,

Tim

chatcheetah

Hi Miquar,

Thanks for explaining things to me..!!!so nice of u..!

initially i got anxiety and mood swings due to my childhood asthma..!!
i still remember every time i get asthma attack my moods will swing slightly to sexual side..!!!! also when i don have an attack i will feel normal..!

Asthma leads to IBS(irritable bowel syndrome) and IBS leads to anxiety & depressions...and alongside u get mood swings and get sexually aroused..!

moods are triggered especially after a meal mostly lunch and dinner..! as ur bowel is irritated during that time..and anxiety is triggered.!

i understand i get less moods,anxiety when my stomach is empty..!

i slowly started contrlling my asthma...by natural ways..and i started to feel litlle less anxiety day by day..and moods started to diminish as well..! but slowly..!!

i dont masturbate or fantasise things in such way as i did few years i ago..!!!where i did very frequently and was more serious addict..!

i still am not comletely free..!! only the frequency has reduced but not stopped..!!! if i give a stop for a week then it increase my moods suddenly again i fall a prey to this tricky cycle..!!!it traps me very easily..!!

Now astro part: my family went o astrolger last yr( i nevr told abt my bad habit but told them i have depressions) came to know that i am under Ketu dash (south node)/ cats eye..!! till 28 yrs..!!!
but one thing is cleear ...i.e on digging a cure to this problem ...i have found a great skill in observing my own body and slowy curing asthma by my own learnings..!which infact is the cure for anxiety and its sexual side effects! i hope in very short time ill cure theses problems..with all ur help!!! thanks,!!!!

my DOB april 8th 1986! in case if some one uses this to picture my astro..!!
my father has two wives.! my mother is second! if u need my birth time or any details kindly let me know ill give u shortly..!!!

kittybaby

As a mental health worker I don't believe masturbation is a sexual addiction unless it interferes with your relationships/career. Once a day is relatively normal.

Sun in 9th Scorpio opposes Mars in Aries on the 5th I think it is not your masturbation but your fear of your sexuality creating anxiety.
You have a powerful imagination with Neptune in your ascendant very sensual and earth think smell, taste, touch. Cooking and gardening would be good for you and could be a diversion.
Pluto in Scorpio in the 11th squaring venus in 8th in leo could indicate finding it hard to form relationships with women hanse self-service. Sort out pain with your mother could help you chiron in cancer in the 7th. Moon opposes
Also moon in aquarius opposes venus in leo.
Saturn and Uranus in 12th in Sag maybe philosophy can help you.

aquarius7000

Hi,

First off, many people masturbate, yes, even at that early age. Whatever one may think, it is not an issue (anymore) that raises eyebrows.

Govind, you have Mars (sexual energy) in an aspect to the rulers of your 8th and 5th. Mars is rx, so the energy is more 'internalised', but it's still quite active being in Aries (fire and ruler of Mars) and on an angle. Its aspect to Nep shows that there is some fear related to the functions of Mars, so we may conclude also to sexual activities. A typical Nep-Mars fear maybe of 'not being able to perform adequately'. Nep and Sat often relate to fear of rejection.

On a different note, I am pretty sure, despite an Aries Mars that is angular, due to Nep-Mars that is rx, you are still not one to rashly hit your fist on the table when irritated/ angry, or become violent either. You'd rather sit in your room and brood. The outer planets (Ura, Nep, Plu) ALWAYS overpower the inner planets. Hence, your Mars is in Nep's shadow, if you so will.

:)AQ7

Last edited:

miquar

Hi Chatcheetah. Thanks for all the background information. Please take anything I say as potential food for thought, rather than an explanation of anything. My post was in response to Govind's original post - I hadn't read through all the other posts before I posted.

It sounds as though you're doing really well at finding a way through all this stuff. I'm not sure astrology can add anything to the self awareness that you've come by through your own diligence and effort. 26 is a young age to expect the urge to masturbate to fall away, unless you make a conscious decision to abstain in line with a spiritual or other developmental path. You'll have your Saturn return soon, and that will be a good time for taking stock of your progress and direction along your path.

retinoid

I just turned 23 (this month) and had the same issue as you. I began masturbating when I was around 7 and I did it everyday (on average around 2-3 times a day). I do it for the drug high that I get. I am still trying to figure out why I am doing it, along with binge eating. For me it, I think it is not accepting the things in my life and feeling 'bored'...

Some similarities between our charts are that we have Saturn (uranus and neptune as well) in a water house. I have them in the 8th house, you in the twelfth, also the north node is in the 3rd house and mine is in the 9th (which is switched). Your venus in the 8th squaring pluto and supported by mars says you are trying to find some sort of passion that can transform your life (be it a close sexual encounter, spiritual experience, or whatever) but the square to pluto is leaving you feeling stale. I think venus is something to research and learn about more in your chart. For masturbation is a 'symptom'...just stopping that will not make you feel better.

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
I listened to an interview with a psychologist recently who said that if masturbation continues into mid/late twenties and the person doesn't have significant relationship experience, then there is often a problem - the reliance on masturbation (so common in males) removes the need or responsibilities of a relationship. With this in mind, I'd consider the psychology of the chart too.

The ruler of the 5th, Venus is prominent in the 8th house, houses of sex and personal enjoyment, Venus being sensual and was more regarded for sexual matters in much older astrology. If you're a modern reader, Venus aspects Pluto, a square. The Moon, Venus and Pluto are in a T-square too - the matters and areas raised by these planets are strong psychological motivating factors.

The ruler of the Sun is Mercury, which is angular in the high house of the 10th. This is a thinking individual, combined with the imaginative eminence mentioned by others.

Also, Mars is more than notable being in Aries, a sign of it's rulership and is angular, in the 4th, Rx and opposing an angle - the MC.

retinoid

OP if you think it is purely biochemical, perhaps taking an SSRI will help as antidepressants dealing with serotonin down regulates dopamine. For myself I find I do it due to sexual frustration and a lack of pleasure in life. Sexual frustration in the sense that any sexual experience I have had was boring to me and unsatisfying and I seek out an intense experience which I NEVER got and cannot find...I also have Saturn, Neptune and Uranus in the 8th house and Mars in the fifth house :)...

I would have no idea about how to go about this chart interpretation. I think I have Pluto in T-square with Moon and Venus in my chart which could indicate such a link (again my knowledge is limited).

It doesn't appear like you've broken any rules by the way, and this is the exact aspect I looked at before I read your entire post. Feelings, like anxiety, are associated with the moon, and will take on a social tune if venus is aggravated too. Pluto looks for power and control- masturbation (if successful), does leave one with a feeling of power and control over their own body (for better or for worse, as is the nature of Pluto). I am inclined to say, since the Moon is most powerful, that YOUR feelings about your masturbation may be what sets off the anxiety and stuttering issues. I don't think the masturbation has CAUSED it but your feelings about masturbation. It may be making you feel insecure. Scientifically its highly unlikely its dopamine, as THAT would make you feel content, happy, and secure (its the mechanics behind the well-known pharmaceutical drug wellbutrin, to raise dopamine). Dopamine has to do with feeling satisfied. So much masturbation could indicate a LACK of dopamine. A Moon square Pluto struggles with feeling that deep sense of personal satisfaction, and Moon opposed Venus means you may feel alienated and alone in your struggle (probably why you focused on an "alone" activity like masturbation as the source of the problem), with Pluto squaring both of them you are inclined to feel insecure about something sexually (Pluto-Venus) and like you haven't done the right thing for whatever reason (Pluto square Moon). The key is looking at the sign your Moon is in to understand where this anxiety is coming from.

sethi

Hey. I know this is an awkward topic but after looking though this forum I have not seen anyone broach this topic so I thought I might as well go ahead and do it.

I'm 22 years old and I've masturbated daily ever since I was 12. It was also around that time that I started developing social anxiety, depression and a stutter...I think it may be related to excess dopamine levels in the brain.

[deleted non-astrologically-related comments - Moderator]

Anyway I'm not here for a debate about the scientific aspect of it, I would just like to see if you can see my looking at my natal chart if there is any link. I would have no idea about how to go about this chart interpretation. I think I have Pluto in T-square with Moon and Venus in my chart which could indicate such a link (again my knowledge is limited).

Any help would be much appreciated.

(By the way I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by bringing up this topic. If so, I'm sorry)

Hello everyone.

As per my interpretation, the 8th house in his chart is affected quite a bit.
The opposition with the moon also does not help things. You have a vivid imagination.

I don't really see you as getting control of your habit even after marriage, it may go down, but it will start up again.

Also another important point, no person is alike, so some people may be able to eat a whole chicken at one time and for the others they may be able to eat only a quarter chicken at one time.

So what you may be capable of, other people may not be.
But I would say to cool down a bit, and to start, start taking sundays off
icon7.gif

Too much is bad for your health, this may not affect you now but most probably you will start to see its effects after your 40's. So if you want to have a good sex life late into your 60's also, cool down now.

However, I can see that it may be difficult for you especially with the moon in the formula. So take at least one day off per week and look after your nutritional requirements. A good multi vitamin will help your body in recouping too. Try to go for liquid vitamins instead of tablet form. Don't skip breakfast if possible.

Another good idea is to take Cod liver oil tablets. This is also available in capsule form (fish or shark) Chinese brand, which is cheap. Also start weight lifting / bodybuilding seriously. Once you see your muscles grow, then you will be hooked on it (bodybuilding). Spend your time in physical activities more. This will make you tired and more keen on sleeping than anything else.

Remember what I have said, this will not effect you now at all but as you pass the ages of 40, you will start seeing its effects.

Let me tell you a joke (which happened in reality). I was sitting with some of my senior friends (he was 54) and he was joking that whenever I reach home and if I see my wife wearing lipstick , my legs start shaking
icon7.gif

But let me tell you that this is more preferable to then , say, having pre marital sex (and with the result if you are unlucky, getting her pregnant) or catching hIV, or herpes, or raping someone or having same sex etc.

So I would say that self abuse (the abuse word is something on which I don't agree on ) is thousands' of times better then getting involved in the above mentioned.

Post your right palm print in the proper section , as I would like to see it for your health effects, in the proper section, or send the same to me by private email if you would like to .

Okay

Edward

According to John Frawley masturbation is signified by the 12th house/its ruler and Venus.

There is some logic behind this assumption: The 12th is the house of our own self-undoing, the house of sin, shame and fear, the house of isolation and loneliness - whether voluntarily or involuntarily. Therefore it is very appropriate to give masturbation to the 12th: Masturbators seek isolation in order to indulge in their act, and the more they do so, the more they tend to become shamefaced loners. Masturbation is addictive and "fun" (Venus!), but in the long-run always destructive.

In Govind's nativity we can see that Saturn - as ruler of the ASC and significator of Manners - is placed in the 12th house, while Jupiter as lord of the 12th is weakly placed in detriment and cadent in the 6th. Though I wouldn't count this as necessarily indicative of excessive masturbation, the native is disposed towards (voluntary) loneliness, which makes masturbation more likely. Venus on the other hand is placed in the 8th house, being with no major dignity. The Moon is applying to an opposition of Venus, while Venus is placed in the wild, feral sign of Leo.
There's another problem behind Saturn in this nativity: It's the separative square to the Sun in the 9th house. The Sun commonly signifies the spirit and spirituality, while the 9th is the house of religion and faith. Therefore Govind could have problems with his spiritual life and the religion he was brought up with (Hindi?). He seems to lack in his faith, which is confirmed by the rather weak placement of Jupiter, natural ruler of faith.

Hence my advise to Govind would be to reconcile with his religion, which will certainly help him in overcoming masturbation. Then again, he should take his parents' advice, esp. his father's, and listen to their words, since Mars is well placed in domicile and in the 4th house, separated from the sextile of the Moon and applying to the sextile of Jupiter. Another advice would be to engage in sports (Mars!), fitting the choleric side of this native's temperament. Likewise friendships with martial men could prove useful (Mars as ruler of the 11th house), e.g. sportsmen and athletes, soldiers, or people that work with either fire or iron.