Reached a dead end in life, help?

DumasEXE

OK, so here's the deal. For the last year or so I've been stuck in a rut. I'm currently not in school and every time I tried to look for a job, for some reason or another there's always some reason why I couldn't get hired. I'm pretty much a typical NEET-for those who don't know what that is, is a young person who is unemployed and not in school or some sort of course- and I STILL have no idea what I want to do with my life either so I'm not sure what it is I want to do for a living. All my friends are too busy with school so I barely have anyone to talk with, heck, I haven't seen them go online in months, I only have 1 friend I still chat with, and it's been like that since around August of last year. I feel as though I'm trapped and have no purpose in life; every day's the same thing; just another day of a boring existence. I've just about lost all hope.

So yeah, to sum it all up this is what my life has come to: unemployed; job opportunities are scarce, not in school, barely any friends to talk with, still living with parents; helping around the house, non-existent love life and no clue as to what I want to do with my life; no feeling of purpose or sense of direction, feeling hopeless about the future.

So I ask, can anyone clue me in on what's going on in my chart, please, thank you, much appreciated...

Attachments

• astro_24gw_01_lex_201461_hw.60467.48822.jpg
    astro_24gw_01_lex_201461_hw.60467.48822.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Birch Dragon

Dumas,
I'm not an astrologer... And frankly I think this, for you, goes beyond some relatively superficial advice from an astrology board (not that I'm suggesting you can't get interesting and useful thoughts from here.) I mean, this sounds to me like an existential life challenge. "Who are you going to be?!" In your early twenties, in a time when the market is not kind, you're facing the question of Self Creation. You are making decisions that will establish what you can and cannot become as an adult.
Immediately, outside of astrology, my advice to you is to think deeply but quickly about what path you want to walk as an adult, research what you have to do to get on that path, and then put your life's energy into getting on that path, and see what happens.

Now, your chart: Again, I'm not an astrologer. But I thought to myself as I read your post, before I saw the chart, "This isn't an issue that an astrologer can really clarify for you. This is just an issue of getting up the will and the energy to grab the reigns on your life and make something happen. Unless he has a lot of planets in the 12th house!"
And lo and behold... A whole conglomeration of planets in the 12th house, and in Scorpio.
My sense is that this suggests a theme in your life of transformation via exactly the kind of stifling conditions you're describing for yourself. I think of Gandhi spending days in jail when I think of Scorpio and the 12th house; ruminating, alone, working out his philosophy. It may be that these conditions of doldrums, malaise and even incarceration in a seemingly lifeless life are in some way setting up the environment for your spiritual growth (which may not be even remotely related to earthly success). Somehow.

And yet... I am a firm believer that the lunar nodes are a serious clue to our karmic or spiritual goals in life, and your North Node is in Sagittarius in the 1st house. so I'm not kidding when I say this. For practical advice, I seriously mean this (with the caveat that this is an Internet forum, I know I nothing about you, and you should always take such advice only as it seems worthwhile to you):
I would seriously advise setting yourself a goal to travel before you're 25. Go out and hustle to capture for yourself whatever job you can: good job, awful job, it doesn't matter. Just make and save money. save a few thousand, however long it takes, and then go to India or Europe. Get out of your environment and see the vast diversity and colorful expressions of humanity. Somewhere in there, I wonder, will you start to get a deeper sense of life breathing back into you? And who knows what it will lead to.

That may seem impossible, and I am super-sympathetic to the stark job/market conditions this generation faces... But also be encouraged by knowing that I am 40 years and for at least two decades I've been watching people with no extraordinary skills get awful jobs in their early twenties, save up a few thousands dollars and make for themselves an extraordinary experience by spending a year to their life in Japan or India or Germany.

You might, in your spare time, take up a second language as well...

Again, I'm not an astrologer. Just a voice on the Internet. But if any of it strikes a chord...

Last edited:

Birch Dragon

p.s.
Everything I just write above I wrote under the assumption that you've already decided against going to College and getting a B.A. or B.S., for whatever reason (financially impossible?).
But if my assumption is wrong, the first answer I would ALWAYS give is: if you can, go to college. College can do wonders to your personal and intellectual growth, and to give an aimless life some sense of direction.

Also, it's increasingly a pre-requisite, as a high school diploma used to be, to a decent life in modern countries.

Which is a massive social/structural problem, since not everybody can go get the B.A. But that's another discussion entirely...

lilithofeden

OK, so here's the deal. For the last year or so I've been stuck in a rut. I'm currently not in school and every time I tried to look for a job, for some reason or another there's always some reason why I couldn't get hired. I'm pretty much a typical NEET-for those who don't know what that is, is a young person who is unemployed and not in school or some sort of course- and I STILL have no idea what I want to do with my life either so I'm not sure what it is I want to do for a living. All my friends are too busy with school so I barely have anyone to talk with, heck, I haven't seen them go online in months, I only have 1 friend I still chat with, and it's been like that since around August of last year. I feel as though I'm trapped and have no purpose in life; every day's the same thing; just another day of a boring existence. I've just about lost all hope.

So yeah, to sum it all up this is what my life has come to: unemployed; job opportunities are scarce, not in school, barely any friends to talk with, still living with parents; helping around the house, non-existent love life and no clue as to what I want to do with my life; no feeling of purpose or sense of direction, feeling hopeless about the future.

So I ask, can anyone clue me in on what's going on in my chart, please, thank you, much appreciated...

I had a feeling i knew what was going on in your chart before looking at it, and i was right. Pluto conjunct Neptune, squaring your Moon. I too have a libra Moon and just went through this aspect. It was very hard. I felt isolated, death was all around me, but the most beautiful thing emerged. My spirituality. Please feel free to message me privately if you have any questions. I'm just going back to class and cannot look or touch further on your chart at this tine.

Flapjacks

Hi Dumas,

I second the "ruminating" period suggested by your chart. Saturn is transiting through your 12th house and passing over your Sun. Saturn is challenging you to slow down and think about your life purpose, you goals, how you want to proceed. Saturn structures whatever it touches, which may be difficult if there was no real plan in place to begin with. When Saturn finishes this transit it will be conjunct your Ascendant, and this will likely be the time of reckoning. When it passes into your 1st house, you'll likely feel your life is headed in a new direction, that you've "figured it out". But only if you start the work now!

I recast your chart in Placidus instead of whole sign... you have NN and Mars conjunct your Ascendant, and Chiron conjunct your MC! "Being who you are" is a very karmic lesson for you, is the first thing that comes to mind here. Especially with Sun conjunct Pluto and Mars in the 12th house. This chart looks like one of a great "healer" of some kind, depending on your interests. I also second traveling, gaining a new perspective from foreign places. I get the sense that this actually may be hard for you to step out of your comfort zone and be adventurous (3rd house Saturn in Aquarius square Sun/Mars in 12th).

Friends are probably very important to you, with Moon in 11th house Libra. With all that Scorp influence, you are probably very loyal, but you might want to try reaching out to new people, perhaps ones that will get you involved in groups or organizations that might help you decide what to do or push you in some way (11th house). Your 6th house of daily work and routines is tied to the 11th through Venus and Venus also rules your 11th. Venusian things might also be good to look at (food, art, music, dance, or some other quality of Venus, especially with a Jupiter flavor).

kimbermoon

Indeed with Saturn in retrograde transit your Sun, you are learning to face the 'real' world and in moving through this gatepost you enter an important phase of development as a prerequisite for the ultimate Saturn Return which will occur in about 7 years. This is a complex time for you with both these aspects occurring at the same time. It will certainly test your fortitude and stamina yet it also provides the opportunity for you take action to become the person you want to be in terms of your individuality, independence and also your 'self-reliance'. You are being prepped to be the 'master of your own ship' and all your experiences count as part of your learning. This can be a transition from the negative impacts of your Scorpio Sun, and owning up to the more positive and uplifted energies of Sagittarius; you want to engage yourself in that desire to explore, expand and discover what is so important about your life. The keynote to overcome is this feeling of hopelessness and despair, which is similar to what many others of your age group are undergoing.
Of course your obstacles and limitations at this point are very intense due to the major stellium in Scorpio, and Saturn has been hitting each planet therein in turn...that's a lot of battering...You are obviously being honed for something big in life and you must learn to know what you are made of and how to navigate your way through the life that awaits. You are much to young to be plotting out your future, for it has a way of taking you where you need to go in life, if you are attentive enough and if you know yourself thoroughly [what makes you tick]. Your first goal must be getting the assistance you need for overcoming your depression, for that will color everything in your world with negative overtones. If you want some personal guidance about that issue, you may contact me.

DumasEXE

@Birch Dragon
Hello, thanks for your reply. I think you might've misunderstood me, I wasn't actually asking on help in choosing a path. I know that's up to me to figure out, what I wanted to know was which transits going on at the moment might be responsible for this stagnate period in my life. Still, your comment was still helpful. Feeling trapped by life might be part of my spiritual growth, huh, that's brutal. :/

@Flapjacks
Yeah... I figured Transit Saturn in the 12th had something to do with it. Ever since Transit Saturn started hovering over my Sun last year, there really hasn't been much progress in life, even when I tried to do something about it. :/ I did volunteer work to at least have something to put on my CV a few months back, but ever since around the time Saturn went retrograde again, it's been nothing but a lot of time alone and reflecting. I love my alone time very much, but too much of it does get old after while, especially when life feels blocked somehow. I personally cannot wait until Saturn goes in direct motion again next month. I know it's also supposed to test my self-esteem, but my self-esteem's been pretty high despite the rut I'm in so it almost feels like a waste of time. :/

Well, not just friends but having a partner too is important to me, although sometimes I feel as though life doesn't want me to have someone. I know I'm still young but I can't help but feel that way sometimes. It's actually one of the reasons I hate having my North node in the 1st house. :/ It feels like life wants me to stay single, I swear, just so I can learn some stupid lesson. :/

@Kim
I second what you said, Kim, about learning to face the real world. Thankfully I actually love my alone time a lot so I can manage to deal with it, but a typical social butterfly would've probably lost their minds a little by now.

Now... taking into account how utterly miserable the last few years have been for me emotionally, I honestly cannot imagine how the Saturn Return will be like. It doesn't help that transit Pluto is gonna enter my 3rd house and it'll make a square aspect with ALL of my planets in the 12th house (and also conjunct my Saturn to top it all); one after another at least a year or two after the Saturn Return. But that's something to worry about in the future. :bandit:

I really hope that "something big" you mentioned, Kim, is something positive, cause now you made me curious about what you said. :/

@Lilith
Mmm... I'll have to read more about that aspect then, I didn't know this could also be a contribution to how I'm feeling right now...

Last edited: