View Single Post
Unread 04-01-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Guessing is fun - better to use a trusted and reliable ancient method known as the Trutine of Hermes aka The Prenatal Epoch to verify ascendant of a natal chart

check out the in-depth info at http://www.rosicrucian.com/zineen/pamen034.htm as its valuable for rectification - particularly if the birth in question was one that occurred without surgical intervention
Thanks for your response!

I'm trying to figure out this epoch thing. If you are saying that my ascendant would be the placement of the moon at the time of conception then wouldn't I need to know when exactly I was conceived? If you just go 273 days back, the moon will always be in about the same place it was when you were born (28 day moon cycle). Plus the moon moves about 12 degrees a day. So you'd need the time of conception too.

I looked at some algorithms for determining conception time based on placement of the ascendant, but isn't that circular logic? Wouldn't I need to know my ascendant to get my conception time, to calculate my epoch, to get my ascendant?

That being said, I calculated it for my daughter and it came out pretty close.

Maybe I'm not understanding. Can you explain?

Thanks for your response!

Last edited by LoneMars; 04-01-2013 at 05:41 PM.