What sign/s give the native a "prankster" type of personality?

JUPITERASC

Like maybe someone heavy on Gemini or Saggitarius?

I have 4 planets in Leo and Mars in Gemini and I used to troll message boards. I wonder if this was due to my mars in Gemini.

What do you guys think.
'pranksters' are usually youngsters who eventually change their ways
once they realise the impact of their pranks on others
although there are some who seem oblivious

Mercury is a planet associated with
YOUTH

and

MISCHIEVIOUS behavior

in ancient times
HELLENISTIC astrologers considered that

Mercury’s NATURE is to contest and to destabilize :smile:

april-9.jpg
PLANET WAVES

planet-mercury.gif
http://wordinfo.info/unit/3814/ip:6/il:M

Zarathu

Account Closed
The kind of pranking I had been doing did NOT involve hurting other people's feelings. I don't know where you got that from. I don't think we are even talking about the same thing.

[deleted overly-sexual content - Moderator]

This scenario was highly unlikely, and almost everybody could tell he was joking/being silly. And indeed I really laughed at his little joke/prank. And I was pretty sure nobody got their feelings hurt.

If you used that little "JOKE" in an office most anywhere in the USA, you could be charged with a Title 9 sexual discrimination suit, in making an uncomfortable office environment, and have to go to training. This is inappropriate language here on this forum, and in most places. Using that kind of comments here on a regualr basis will get you banned. If you don't understand this kind of thing, you are skating on thin ice.

I will not be communicating anymore about this with you, but I will be watching you.Clearly you don't understand the effect that your "Pranking" has on others. You remind me of my dad. He didn't either.

Last edited by a moderator:

athenian200

Again... the determination is made by the person at the receiving end, not the person at the dishing out end.

Well, if someone is offended by a joke, then obviously you shouldn't joke about that subject or in that way around them again.

But I do think there is room for people to get offended unintentionally because of their mood or how seriously they take a given subject. One person might take offense to something that wouldn't offend anyone else in the world.

I think that it becomes trolling once you become aware that it gets to them, and then you keep doing it. That kind of behavior is pretty much inexcusable.

However, I have seen people "playing the victim" before, trying to get people in trouble by feigning offense at something that normally wouldn't bother them, simply because they dislike someone. I consider that equally unacceptable.

I don't believe that the person on the receiving end of a joke should have the absolute and final authority to brand someone a bully or a troll, and then assign consequences. There should be someone impartial with the authority to decide that on a case-by-case basis.

I mean, certainly an argument could be made that no one should ever joke, that people should be completely serious and literal about everything because there's a risk of offense. But frankly, I'd rather not have to word all of my interactions with people like legal contracts.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
I think that it becomes trolling once you become aware that it gets to them, and then you keep doing it. That kind of behavior is pretty much inexcusable.

Our forum has rules. We don't wait until people are offensive. From the FAQ:

"Ethical rules to observe

"Your participation on this forum is allowed and welcomed as long as you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, harmful to young people, hateful, racist, deliberately offensive, homophobic, threatening, defamatory, damaging, or otherwise violative of any laws. Respect of other members is expected at all times. No talking down to, being rude, dismissing of people, trying to shut someone down if they don't agree, or passive aggressively drawing people out to respond negatively.

"Flaming, spamming, or trolling is basis for immediate banning from the forum. Please do not post angry messages (flaming), post the same message over and over across the forum or post non-astrological advertising (spamming), and do not post messages for the sole purpose of angering other people in the forum (trolling).
"

wan

If you used that little "JOKE" in an office most anywhere in the USA, you could be charged with a Title 9 sexual discrimination suit, in making an uncomfortable office environment, and have to go to training. This is inappropriate language here on this forum, and in most places. Using that kind of comments here on a regualr basis will get you banned. If you don't understand this kind of thing, you are skating on thin ice.

And wouldn't you say that charging people with sexual harassment suits for making a little joke a bit excessive? And how on earth did that joke make anybody uncomfortable? I really think people in US need to relax a bit more. Sometimes, people just feel like cracking jokes, they don't mean to harm anybody's feelings. And if someone gets offended and runs to the boss to complain, the maybe the problem lies with him/her (the person on the receiving end of the joke). Maybe he/she is too uptight to enjoy a little harmless joke.

I will not be communicating anymore about this with you, but I will be watching you.

Is this supposed to be threatening?

Clearly you don't understand the effect that your "Pranking" has on others. You remind me of my dad. He didn't either.

I DO understand the effect of my pranking. And I say it is harmless. If people get their panties in a wad over some innocent, harmless fun, maybe the problem lies with THEM, not me.

JUPITERASC

A 'prank' is culturally dependent

i.e.
keep in mind that
a comment considered a 'prank' and amusing in one part of the world
may be considered seriously offensive in another part of the world
:smile:

JUPITERASC

Like maybe someone heavy on Gemini or Saggitarius?

I have 4 planets in Leo and Mars in Gemini and I used to troll message boards. I wonder if this was due to my mars in Gemini.

What do you guys think.
MERCURY the planet of YOUTH and MISCHIEVIOUS BEHAVIOR OF YOUTH
is with several other natal planets in Leo
thus complicating the delineation of natal MERCURY
:smile:

HOW TO PROCEED WHEN TWO OR MORE PLANETS OCCUPY A HOUSE

'…....When many planets occupy same house,
The most powerful action on house significations
is from house ruler
then, from exaltation ruler
then from planet with closest natural analogy with the house meanings.
When, among many planets occupying same house,
some correspond by their analogy to meanings attached to the house,
whereas others are contrary to them
then ascertain which of these two groups is most powerful.
If the former, the affairs indicated will be achieved
if the latter, their realization will be impeded or prevented........'

'….When planets occupying the same house are all benefics,

they anticipate fulfillment of good fortune
and suppression of misfortune indicated by the house.
If they are malefics, the contrary will occur,
unless they are in good zodiacal state in a favorable house.
If some are benefics, and others malefics,
examine with care which of the two groups are most powerful,
and judge according to the result of this organization
If, in a fortunate house,
a benefic planet is followed by another benefic,
this indicates that the good produced by the house affairs will be stable.....'

HOWEVER

'…..If the benefic is followed by a malefic, the fortune acquired will be lost

In an unfortunate house,
a benefic followed by another benefic indicates that the misfortune will not be realized,
or if it is,
in an extremely limited way.
If this benefic is followed by a malefic, however,
the misfortune signified by the house will certainly occur,
but the native will escape it.
But if a malefic is followed by another malefic,
the misfortunes caused will be very serious and the native will never escape them....'

source of the above information http://www.forumonastrology.com/foa/newmain.html

BENJAMIN DYKES INTERVIEW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP7LwIA9yMY

Matrix1

Wan, you're saying you like pranking in terms of making fun of people and insulting them or? Sorry I didn't read the whole thread. But I myself like trolling and pranking other people, for example like zarathu said "If you are pranking people without any concern for THEIR FEELINGS then its insensitive Trolling, no matter what you call it." that would be me, have you meant trolling like that or? Flamming others. When I prank others it's usually flamming them and insulting them, whether it's online or in real life, my friends too.

wan

Wan, you're saying you like pranking in terms of making fun of people and insulting them or? Sorry I didn't read the whole thread. But I myself like trolling and pranking other people, for example like zarathu said "If you are pranking people without any concern for THEIR FEELINGS then its insensitive Trolling, no matter what you call it." that would be me, have you meant trolling like that or? Flamming others. When I prank others it's usually flamming them and insulting them, whether it's online or in real life, my friends too.

No matrix, I did NOT mean flaming people, or hurting their feelings intentionally. I meant to play innocent, harmless little pranks, and not even on any specific, targeted posters. The intended could be the whole forum, or even including any lurkers. I repeat, there is no malicious intent in the kind of pranking I am thinking of.

Matrix1

i.e.
MERCURY 'the mischievious trickster' planet

childish and playful are traits of the very young
and simply the young,
you did say that you have changed however
that you USED to do this previously

Sry I don't get what you mean by that I changed that i used to do this previously? :unsure:

JUPITERASC

Sry I don't get what you mean by that I changed that i used to do this previously? :unsure:
At the commencement of this thread
the OP said THE OP used to
previously play mischievious hramless pranks
but
not flaming

i.e.

No matrix, I did NOT mean flaming people, or hurting their feelings intentionally.
I meant to play innocent, harmless little pranks, and not even on any specific, targeted posters.
The intended could be the whole forum, or even including any lurkers.
I repeat, there is no malicious intent in the kind of pranking I am thinking of.

JUPITERASC

'prankster' is very different from 'flamer' :smile:
i am notorious prankster
scorpio
for OP to potentially discern any 'prankster' elements to their natal chart

then
a delineation of Rising Sign/1st House are essential

because

Main Rulerships of 1st House:

'....Life, vitality and health.
Stature, colour, complexion, form and shape of body.

Older sources note its influence upon the intellect
the way the mind works
and
speech.

In general, first house represents the focal point for the personality
and manner of expression.

As well as describing the physical appearance,
the condition of this house
and
that of its planetary ruler indicates the level of personal vitality and strength.....'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html

SO

since OP has PISCES ascendant

then

JUPITER is ruler of the 1st House

and

natal JUPITER is located in 6th Whole Sign House
CONJUNCT
SUN
MERCURY
and
VENUS

all in the SIGN of LEO

hence
a complex mix of planetary influences on the personality

miquar

Hi. You do seem to have some of the chart features one would expect. The Gemini Mars is quincunx the Scorpio Moon. Uranus looks to be closely semi-square the Sun/Moon midpoint. The Leo emphasis brings the playfulness, and suggests that the trolling was partly a means of attention seeking.

Pisces rising with Neptune culminating is also relevant I think, though I'm struggling to put my finger on why this is so.

Hi. I think this post got overlooked. Having read further posts, I think that the combination of Leo and Pisces/Neptune brings an enhanced need for attention in the same way it can do in a 'celebrity'. I wonder if it is a fantasy of yours to host one of those TV shows which involves playing practical jokes on people.

You may need to be careful to remain mindful of the feelings of others since the Pisces/Neptune emphasis seems to be expressing as lack of boundaries, but not in an empathic way (perhaps because of the emphasis on the two northerly most yang signs - Gemini and Leo.)

So when you come across someone like Zarathu, who has been programmed by early experiences to get wound up by pranksters, you need to be able to adjust your behaviour accordingly.

Zarathu

Account Closed
So when you come across someone like Zarathu, who has been programmed by early experiences to get wound up by pranksters, you need to be able to adjust your behaviour accordingly.

This is an extremely offensive statement. I was simply making the point that trolling in inappropriate here. Your comment itself is exactly what I am talking about, and is a put down and as such violates the rules of this forum. It appears specifically designed to bait me into an argument with you. Trolling or threatening to troll tends to bring out all kinds of rude behavior, often in people that one would never believe it of. And yes, I am very sensitive to offensive behavior, both as a former astrology forum owner, and as a professional counselor who had to deal with children who were bullied by just the kind of put-down statement that you, Miquar, have now added to this thread.

Re: The FAQ: No talking down to, being rude, dismissing of people, trying to shut someone down if they don't agree, or passive aggressively drawing people out to respond negatively.

Gee Whiz!!!

Last edited:

tikana

This is an extremely offensive statement. I was simply making the point that trolling in inappropriate here. Your comment itself is exactly what I am talking about, and is a put down and as such violates the rules of this forum. It appears specifically designed to bait me into an argument with you.

Re: The FAQ: No talking down to, being rude, dismissing of people, trying to shut someone down if they don't agree, or passive aggressively drawing people out to respond negatively.

Gee Whiz!!!

"you need to be able to adjust your behaviour accordingly." i would have added or Miquar will spank anyone who acts like Zarathu.. naughty naughty naughty :devil:

Miquar wants to spank Zarathu.. KINKY!!!!
lol

miquar

It was nothing of the kind. You mentioned that you felt that your father was too much of a prankster for your needs, and so I used this as an example of why the op needs to be aware that some people are more sensitive to such behaviour than others. I seem to have really pushed a button, and for that I apologise, but there was no intention to have a dig at you.