What sign/s give the native a "prankster" type of personality?

wan

Like maybe someone heavy on Gemini or Saggitarius?

I have 4 planets in Leo and Mars in Gemini and I used to troll message boards. I wonder if this was due to my mars in Gemini.

What do you guys think.

miquar

Hi wan. Would be interesting to see your chart. Trolling is usually much more antagonistic than playing pranks. Some pranksters are ardent provocateurs, while others are merely playful. This would have to be taken into account when looking for astrological signatures. Mars in Gemini could be in either category, though trolling suggests something else like tense aspects to that Mars or perhaps a Pluto or Scorpio emphasis. Uranus is also potentially provocative.

The term 'trolling' is usually used to describe destructive and anti-social behaviour. But in what sense are you using the term when you say that trolling is not necessarily a bad thing on a forum. If you have some of the chart features mentioned above, you may see reality in such a way that provocation seems better than risking stagnation. Again, it would be interesting to see your chart. If you have tried to provoke others in the past, and did not see anything wrong with this, you could have trines to the Gemini Mars rather than squares.

Last edited:

wan

I'm sorry. I figured that since you said that you were a prankster, that you wanted to know if such a pattern existed in your chart. I can assure you that it does. Your chart is the blueprint of your life. Everything is in there.

However, there are no silver bullets in astrology. What you are asking is not possible.

There is too much involved. There are many different configurations that could cause a potential problem with being a "prankster". Additionally, simply using the word prankster is not good enough. You need a more extensive definition.

And as to a specific kind of prankster, the internet troll, there are many many reasons for Trolling. However, having run an astrology forum myself 10 years ago, I can assure you that I never had a fun troll. They were always horribly disruptive.

Trolls here tend to get banned very quickly, and rightly so.
Thanks for the cordial response, I (almost) thought this thread would turn into a fight. And yes, you are absolutely right.

I think I will post my own chart. I was born on August 2nd, 1979 at 8:25 PM (this was the "wrist-watch", legal time. Not yet adjusted for daylight saving), in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, China. I USED to really enjoy trolling up web forums although I have to say I seem to have grown out of it. I stopped trolling a long time ago. Nowadays I find myself lacking the energy as well as creativity for trolling.

But back when I DID troll, boy oh boy. I ascribed it to my Mars in Gemini. I read somewhere that any planet in Gemini would confer upon the native a "merry prankster" type of energy. Although in my case it was only one planet, so it didn't seem like it would have such a huge impact. So I don't know what was really causing my prankster tendency.

Last edited:

wan

Hi wan. Would be interesting to see your chart. Trolling is usually much more antagonistic than playing pranks. Some pranksters are ardent provocateurs, while others are merely playful. This would have to be taken into account when looking for astrological signatures. Mars in Gemini could be in either category, though trolling suggests something else like tense aspects to that Mars or perhaps a Pluto or Scorpio emphasis. Uranus is also potentially provocative.

The term 'trolling' is usually used to describe destructive and anti-social behaviour. But in what sense are you using the term when you say that trolling is not necessarily a bad thing on a forum. If you have some of the chart features mentioned above, you may see reality in such a way that provocation seems better than risking stagnation. Again, it would be interesting to see your chart. If you have tried to provoke others in the past, and did not see anything wrong with this, you could have trines to the Gemini Mars rather than squares.

See the post #4 for my chart. And yes, I totally agree with you. There are different "types" of trolling, and the kind I had in mind when posting this thread was the more "innocent", more "playful" type of trolling, (think "merry prankster), rather than the more disruptive, anti-social type of trolling that zarathu was probably thinking of.

miquar

Hi. Posting your chart involves you generating the chart and attaching it to a post, so that everyone can see it.

wan

Attachments

• prankster.gif
    prankster.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 27

miquar

Hi. You do seem to have some of the chart features one would expect. The Gemini Mars is quincunx the Scorpio Moon. Uranus looks to be closely semi-square the Sun/Moon midpoint. The Leo emphasis brings the playfulness, and suggests that the trolling was partly a means of attention seeking.

Pisces rising with Neptune culminating is also relevant I think, though I'm struggling to put my finger on why this is so.

Bunraku

Where did you even get the theory that Sagittarius likes to do sadistic things? :andy: Absolutely disgusting!

Anyways, this thread is about you:
Why do you like to make people feel bad for fun? Boredom?
What if it was your daughter? Or grandparents? :unsure: Do you have no morals?

http://www.meganmeierfoundation.org/statistics.html
Cyberbullying has negative effects on victims, such as lowering self-esteem, increasing depression and producing feelings of powerlessness (Anderson, 2014).

1 in 6 online teens say they have been contacted online by someone they did not know in a way that made them feel scared or uncomfortable (Pew Internet & American Life Project, 2013).

Based on the National Crime Victimization Survey (NCES, 2013):

10.3% of bullied students feared attack or harm, versus 1 .2% of non-bullied students.
11.1% of bullied students engaged in a physical fight, versus 2. 1% of non-bullied students.
4.8% of bullied students carried a weapon, versus 1 .6% of non-bullied students.

Should our children live in fear for everyday of their lives? :crying:

http://www.bullyingstatistics.org/content/bullying-and-suicide.html
There is a strong link between bullying and suicide, as suggested by recent bullying-related suicides in the US and other countries. Parents, teachers, and students learn the dangers of bullying and help students who may be at risk of committing suicide.

Moderators: Please close this disgusting thread. :sick:

Last edited:

wan

^you mis-read my posts. "Trolling" is not the same as cyber-bullying. And being mischievous/pranking people does not equate being "sadistic".

I think you need to go over my posts in this thread again to get a better understanding of what I meant by "trolling".

Bunraku

OH sure, "good fun" they call it.

http://www.bulliesout.com/trolling

Sites such as Facebook, online forums, blogging sites and newspapers comments have all become a platform and a stage to bombard people with insults, provocations and insulting threatening language which causes distress to the person the messages are being sent. Supporters of trolling see it has harmless fun but for the majority of people it affects, it is far from fun.

Please do not attempt to trivialize the term.

http://www.cybersmart.gov.au/Teens/How do I deal with/Trolling.aspx

Trolling
Trolling is when a user intentionally causes distress by posting inflammatory comments on a public forum.

wan

OH sure, "good fun" they call it.

http://www.bulliesout.com/trolling

Please do not attempt to trivialize the term.

http://www.cybersmart.gov.au/Teens/How do I deal with/Trolling.aspx

How about this? Instead of calling it "trolling", I call it "pranking people on the internet//being mischievous on the internet"? Would this be better for you?

I really think that you mis-read my posts. When I said "trolling", I didn't mean posting inflammatory comments. I meant it in a more "pranking", or "being mischievous" way.

athenian200

I think I should take some time to point out that English is probably not the OP's native language... he was born in Taiwan. I really think he should be cut some slack here on the definitions.

I don't think he's referring to what most people would call "trolling," but rather people who make jokes and like to poke fun in a harmless way without insults or threats.

I have a Gemini ascendant, and I'm known for making puns and turning other people's words into jokes. Early on in the Internet's history, I might have been called a "troll"... but the meaning of that word has changed as the Internet has grown.

Nowadays, there are a lot of really hateful, insulting people who go around being intentionally disruptive to communities and causing chaos. The connotation of trolling now is more like the online equivalent of "terrorist" or "anarchist."

I would say that Gemini and Sagittarius are both signs known somewhat for playfulness and wit, but online bullying or aggression would probably be associated with different signs.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
How about this? Instead of calling it "trolling", I call it "pranking people on the internet//being mischievous on the internet"? Would this be better for you?

It depends very much on the person on the receiving end of the pranks. This is the key. If the person on the receiving end is uncomfortable, felt talked down to, felt ridiculed, or anything like that, then its trolling. A rose is a rose or a thorn is a thorn no matter what you call it.

I had a father who chose to ridicule his eldest son(me) on a continuous basis through most of my childhood. He said he was just kidding around, and that I needed to develop a thicker skin.

If you are pranking people without any concern for THEIR FEELINGS then its insensitive Trolling, no matter what you call it.

wan

I think I should take some time to point out that English is probably not the OP's native language... he was born in Taiwan. I really think he should be cut some slack here on the definitions.

I don't think he's referring to what most people would call "trolling," but rather people who make enjoy jokes and like to poke fun in a harmless way.

I have a Gemini ascendant, and I'm known for making puns and turning other people's words into jokes. Early on in the Internet's history, I might have been called a "troll"... but the meaning of that word has changed as the Internet has grown.

Nowadays, there are a lot of really hateful, insulting people who go around being intentionally disruptive to communities and causing chaos. The connotation of trolling now is more like the online equivalent of "terrorist" or "anarchist."

I would say that Gemini and Sagittarius are both signs known somewhat for playfulness and wit, but online bullying or aggression would probably be associated with different signs.
Thank you for defending me, good sir. You seem like a very rational, good-natured person. P.s., my mars is in Gemini, so I am drawn to Gemini-like people, and you have a Gemini ascendant!! :D :D

Zarathu

Account Closed

Again... the determination is made by the person at the receiving end, not the person at the dishing out end.

wan

It depends very much on the person on the receiving end of the pranks. This is the key. If the person on the receiving end is uncomfortable, felt talked down to, felt ridiculed, or anything like that, then its trolling. A rose is a rose or a thorn is a thorn no matter what you call it.

I had a father who chose to ridicule his eldest son(me) on a continuous basis through most of my childhood. He said he was just kidding around, and that I needed to develop a thicker skin.

If you are pranking people without any concern for THEIR FEELINGS then its insensitive Trolling, no matter what you call it.
The kind of pranking I had been doing did NOT involve hurting other people's feelings. I don't know where you got that from. I don't think we are even talking about the same thing.

[deleted overly-sexual content - Moderator]

This scenario was highly unlikely, and almost everybody could tell he was joking/being silly. And indeed I really laughed at his little joke/prank. And I was pretty sure nobody got their feelings hurt.

Last edited by a moderator: