Gemstone : Too many afflicted planets

jonkil

I seem to have a number of afflicted planets. I have been advised to wear all of the benefic gemstones.

Pearl : I am currently in the Mahadasha of Moon
Coral: my birthstone
Ruby: To strengthen 5th Lord Sun debilitated in 7th house
Diamond: To strengthen debilitated venus
Yellow Sapphire: To strengthen afflicted Jupiter
Blue sapphire: As I am about to enter Sade Sathi

I have spent several thousands of pounds on gemstones and I am not sure whether they are working. Is anyone able to comment on whether the above list is appropriate?

Thanks

Attachments

• Vedic charts_astrologyweekly.jpg
    Vedic charts_astrologyweekly.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 53

dhundhun

I seem to have a number of afflicted planets. I have been advised to wear all of the benefic gemstones.

Ruby: To strengthen 5th Lord Sun debilitated in 7th house
Diamond: To strengthen debilitated venus
Yellow Sapphire: To strengthen afflicted Jupiter

I have spent several thousands of pounds on gemstones and I am not sure whether they are working. Is anyone able to comment on whether the above list is appropriate?

Thanks
Do you know, whether they are compatible in their full strengths? Who suggested?

If there is real need of conflicting gems, use of "navratna ring" suggested

Navaratna Ring:
Gents Style: http://www.astropeep.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Navratna-ring-2.jpg

Ladies style: http://pimg1.bluestone.com/BIVS0012R01_YAA18NAV2DIG6RUBY_ABCD00-pr-original.jpg?version=2

For people, who can't afford much

"astadhatu" rings are suggested - combination of gold, silver, copper, zinc, lead, tin, iron and mercury.

OR "panchdhatu" rings are suggested - combination of gold, silver, copper, brass & bronze

Again WARNING: Conflicting full strength GEMS might harm.

Last edited:

Larxene

Hello Jonkil,

What is more important is what problem you are trying to solve. I do not study Vedic or Jyotish astrology, so I don't know which planets are afflicted. What I do know is that you should determine your current goal associated with using the gemstones.

For example:

- Do you want better sexual relationships? Better friendships?
- Do you want promotion in career? Or get a job?
- Do you want to lessen certain personality weaknesses? Or improve on certain strengths?

Fix one or two things, but not all at the same time.

Larxene Xenohart

kshantaram

Premium Member
I seem to have a number of afflicted planets.

I have been advised to wear all of the benefic gemstones.

moon good in 9th for luck, strong in the navamsa, elevated in taurus,

good to wear, but optional

mars over 6th for health-disease, better not to wear,
elevated in capricorn navamsa-9th harmonic, not much to worry

offer 1.25kgs red masoor dal-red lentils at mata durga temple every birthday.

or keep mars yantra in the pooja and worship regularly,
prayers to lord kartikeya-asc lord.

mars virgo 6th critical, aggressive with opponents, accident prone
mars-venus virgo passionate prone to mere attractions.

Ruby: To strengthen 5th Lord Sun debilitated in 7th for marriage

sun 7th house separative, strong in navamsa, better not wear.
sun libra good for public relations.

sun-sat-mer airy libra 7th, could perform japa for these planets.
saturn badhaka-inimical for aries asc. mer as lord 3/6 akaraka-malefic.
sun-sat conj great stress.

Diamond: To strengthen debilitated-weak/neecha venus

venus lord 2/7 for family-finances-relationship, debilated.

lord mer over 7th quadrant, debilation cancelled, slow growth.

mars-venus passionate prone to mere mutual attractions in relationships.
venus over badhaka acq navamsa.

may wear 0.25carat diamond over platinum
over a pendant touching heart.

Yellow Sapphire: To strengthen afflicted Jupiter/pendant

jupiter lord 9th for luck over scorpio 8th negating luck,

jup-ketu scorpio occult-research aptitudes,
prone to urological-liver diseases/pain-surgery etc
jupiter debilated/neecha in navamsa-capricorn

jup trine aspect own pisces 12th for moksha, foreign lands
trine elevated aspect over cancer 4th for domestic comforts
lord 12th over 8th success amidst adversity.

jupiter karaka-significator for luck-learning-growth-wealth-marriage-children

light cow ghee diya-lamp daily mornings,
prayers to saint of your faith say Shirdisaibaba,
yellow flowers thurs mornings. jup 8th sudden gains.

may float 1.25kg white til over flowing river tues late evening,
around birthdays, prayers to Mata Mahakali enroute offering kumkum

for sat scorpio 2.5yrs sadesathi transit 8th

for chronic diseases etc, impacting career-gains,
transit jup-ketu scorpio, good for research-occult aptitudes,

float 1.25kg whole black urad-dal tues late evenings,
once every month, prayers to Mata Mahakali enroute offering kumkum.

I have spent several thousands of pounds on gemstones
and I am not sure whether they are working.

Is anyone able to comment on whether the above list is appropriate?

Thanks

hope above remedial review-recommendations help-appeal,
faith permitting.

since several planets are involved and you are inclined,
could recite navagraha mantra daily 9 times during pooja-prayer time.

perform navagraha pradakshina at a temple once a week.

donate navagraha daana/dhanya 1.25kg each on birthdays
at Lord Kartikeya temple/Shivalaya as convenient with Shraddha-Saburi,
with faith and patience.

wishing well,

kshantaram

Last edited:

jonkil

Thanks all,

So far, I have been wearing them all together, but will have to reconsider. My objectives are:

1. Improved wealth and career
2. Better luck with love and marriage.

Does anyone have a view on what these factors look like in my chart either from a Vedic or KP perspective?

Would any of the above recommended gemstones help particularly with these objectives?

kshantaram

Premium Member
Jon,

appreciate your belated pm, and advice for improvement.

could seek specific clarifications if needed,

may be there are people who follow astrology while participating here,
may be not. the idea is to help to the best of one's ability.

thanks for the consolidated time saving thanks here!
and asking for more. dil mangta more!

hope the note on remedial measures was useful,
could have shared specific feedbacks on this, useful insights, etc

the sentences are complete, though presented in two three lines
for fast reading, not getting lost in long full scale sentences.

astrological logics are briefly mentioned for appreciation of why
certain interpretation is being done, or remedy suggested, etc

not off the shelf readings forum, nor scholarly discussions on my part,
more of sharing opinions, information, mutual help.

hope remedies suggested have helped and you are following the same,
hopefully. mere recommendations ofcourse! freewill.

may be not YES/NO answers. sorry for the explanations, bad tendency!
may be in shorthand, as people mention sometimes.

suggest one could see what is being said rather than get lost
in technicalities mentioned for astrological consumption and ref.

appreciate the PM, feedbacks valued,

best wishes,

kshantaram

Last edited:

jonkil

So here's my feedback specifically on my experimentation with gemstones. My charts are attached further up in the post for reference.

I have not been able to follow all the advice here due to lack of time and unavailability - bad excuse I know!

On Gemstones specifically,

I had worn pearl and felt the effect. It certainly helped with my meditation. I felt more connected to my inner self for longer periods of time than without it

On Red coral, I certainly get more energy, can feel its effects in the gym particularly. It also helps with illnesses like cold and back pain.

Diamond - I have not been able to determine the exact effect. Not saying there isn't any, I just haven't been able to figure out what it is

Ruby - I wore one for a while but it was poor quality and had many inclusions. I am not sure what effect it had. This is one I am confused about. I have had conflicting view on whether I should wear one. Also, Indian astrologers advice wearing 5 carat, but such large stones have many inclusions. Astrologers abroad and some Indian ones say it is better to wear a very high quality 1.5 carat. In summary, there are conflicting views on both whether I should wear and of what size. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated?

Yellow Sapphire - I am not sure of what effects it had. Again, not saying there wasn't any. I relocated after wearing this and the pearl, so maybe that was something

Its very tricky as some may have an effect, but you cannot link it to the gemstones. Others have a good effect that you can feel, but I am not sure if there are other things that I am losing out on because of it. For example, the coral and ruby give me more energy and passion, but that comes with heightened anxiety too. I may have unknowingly ruffled feathers due to it.

Mantras

They help me only when I do it with great concentration and dedication, otherwise they don't quite work for me. Sometimes, level of concentration is outside of my control. Also, the effects are subtle.

Other remedies

I do not mean to offend anyone, but I find the lal kitab type remedies illogical and baseless. Also very impracticable. There is at least some science to gemstones and mantras, if not an exact science.

kshantaram

Premium Member
So here's my feedback specifically on my experimentation with gemstones.

My charts are attached further up in the post for reference.

I have not been able to follow all the advice here due to lack of time and unavailability - bad excuse I know!

On Gemstones specifically,

I had worn pearl and felt the effect. It certainly helped with my meditation. I felt more connected to my inner self for longer periods of time than without it

MOON OVER 9TH FOR LUCK-SPIRITUALITY, LOWER DEG, ELEVATED TAURUS IN NAVAMSA/DHANAMSA. MOON FOR ARIES ASC AS BENEFIC LORD 4TH KENDRA CONSIDERED WEAK, AND CAN BE STRENGTHENED- ok

On Red coral, I certainly get more energy, can feel its effects in the gym particularly. It also helps with illnesses like cold and back pain.

MARS ASC LORD OVER 6TH VIRGO FOR DISEASE ENEMY SIGN WITH DEBILATED VENUS ? MARS 8TH LORD OVER 6TH ACCIDENT PRONE, COPING WITH ENEMIES ALL THE WHILE, SUCCESS AMIDST ADVERSITY. MARS ELEVATED NAVAMSA GOOD/RELIEF.

MARS ASPECTS OWN ARIES ASC PROTECTIVE OVERALL. BUT MAY NOT BE GOOD FOR GENERAL HEALTH.

MAY BE SHOULD AVOID DURING MARS DASAS.
BETTER PRAYERS-DONATIONS TO MATA DURGA.

1.25KG RED MASOOR DAL ON WED EVENINGS
ONCE A YEAR AROUND THE BIRTHDAY, OR AS PER NEED.
MARS EARTHY VIRGO 6TH.

Diamond - I have not been able to determine the exact effect. Not saying there isn't any,
I just haven't been able to figure out what it is

WEAR 0.25 CARAT ONLY OVER PLATINUM PENDANT, NOT FINGER.
VENUS DEBILATED OVER VIRGO 6TH FOR DISEASE.
VENUS-SAT OVER BADHAKA ACQ NAVAMSA MOREOVER.

Ruby - I wore one for a while but it was poor quality and had many inclusions. I am not sure what effect it had. This is one I am confused about. I have had conflicting view on whether I should wear one. Also, Indian astrologers advice wearing 5 carat, but such large stones have many inclusions. Astrologers abroad and some Indian ones say it is better to wear a very high quality 1.5 carat. In summary, there are conflicting views on both whether I should wear and of what size. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated?

SUN LORD 5TH FOR EDUCATION-ROMANCE ETC DEBILATED OVER 7TH FOR MARRIAGE WITH SAT ENEMY PLANET, SUN SEPARATIVE MOREOVER ELEVATED ARIES NAVAMSA BECOMING STRONGER MALEFIC FOR 7TH HOUSE, THOUGH SUN LIBRA COULD BE GOOD FOR PUBLIC-SOCIAL RELATIONS.

BETTER PERFORM JAPA FOR SUN AIRY LIBRA DEBILATED 7TH.
JAPA ALSO FOR MER AKARAKA LORD 3/6 OVER AIRY LIBRA 7TH.

Yellow Sapphire - I am not sure of what effects it had. Again, not saying there wasn't any. I relocated after wearing this and the pearl, so maybe that was something

JUPITER LORD 9TH NEGATING TO 8TH, NEGATING LUCK,
DEBILATED-NEECHA CAPRICORN NAVAMSA/DASAMSA FOR CAREER.

BETTER WEAR OVER PENDANT, JUP-KETU 8TH ACCIDENT PRONE ETC
APTITUDE FOR OCCULT-ASTROLOGY! RESEARCH APTITUDE.

Its very tricky as some may have an effect, but you cannot link it to the gemstones. Others have a good effect that you can feel, but I am not sure if there are other things that I am losing out on because of it. For example, the coral and ruby give me more energy and passion, but that comes with heightened anxiety too. I may have unknowingly ruffled feathers due to it.

Mantras

They help me only when I do it with great concentration and dedication, otherwise they don't quite work for me. Sometimes, level of concentration is outside of my control. Also, the effects are subtle.

JAPAS ARE NORMALLY GOT DONE ELABORATELY BY A QUALIFIED PUNDIT
FOR LONGTERM WHOLESOME EFFECT, ELIMINATING THE WEAKNESS.
CAN BE REPEATED ANNUALLY OR DURING DASAS-TRANSITS AS NEEDED.
DONE WITH ALL SUDDHI.

DOING IT BYSELF IF POSSIBLE WITH FULL CONCENTRATION
COMPLETING THE JAPAS AT A TIME OVER A FEW DAYS IS OK.

BETTER IF PUNDIT DOES IT AT OUR OWN HOME AND GIVE TIRTHA DAILY.

Other remedies

I do not mean to offend anyone, but I find the lal kitab type remedies illogical and baseless. Also very impracticable.

There is at least some science to gemstones and mantras, if not an exact science.

REMEDIES SUGGESTED ARE NOT LAL-KITAB REMEDIES,

SUGGESTED BASED ON AIRY-FIERY-WATERY SIGN PLACEMENTS.
DONATIONS OF GRAINS, FASTING, WORSHIPING YANTRA, ETC,
SPECIAL PRAYERS-STOTRAS, VISITING TEMPLE, ETC
ARE PART OF VEDIC REMEDIES.

NOT HIDING-THROWING COINS ETC ETC AS PER LAL KITAB.

appreciate for caring to share your experiences coming with elaborate feedbacks, appreciating the inputs provided, but not accepted, having asked for - good to make own considered judgments, but seeking clarifications/discussing, adopting better or complete measures could help.

best wishes!

kshantaram

Last edited:

Crystalpages

Tamaso ma jyotirgamay:

The darker the corridors of karma are, the more there is first and foremost the need for *light*. Without the latter, even the most precious mani shall remain ineffective for it has no light of its own...

Like one of those laser torches without batteries...?

jonkil

Tamaso ma jyotirgamay:

The darker the corridors of karma are, the more there is first and foremost the need for *light*. Without the latter, even the most precious mani shall remain ineffective for it has no light of its own...

Like one of those laser torches without batteries...?

Please can you elaborate? How do you receive light? I don't understand!

Crystalpages

You can think of those as catalysts that hasten/simplify a chemical reaction without getting transformed/altered or participating in the reaction itself. The 'light' is the praana, just for ease of description.

Sagii

Gemstones do not work. You could be intensifying the condition of your planets by wearing them. No planets are good and none are bad, planets within your chart are placed in that order for you to go through karmic lessons. If you don't face those challenges in this life, you will carry those onto the next birth. Remember the one above us, as he is controller of our lives. Do meditation and shower love to God by remembering him :)

Crystalpages

Gemstones do not work. You could be intensifying the condition of your planets by wearing them. No planets are good and none are bad, planets within your chart are placed in that order for you to go through karmic lessons. If you don't face those challenges in this life, you will carry those onto the next birth. Remember the one above us, as he is controller of our lives. Do meditation and shower love to God by remembering him :)

Your first two statements are mutually contradictory, are they not...?

jonkil

I would partially disagree. Gemstones do not work in the way most people think they do. I totally get that just by wearing gemstones you cannot pay your karmic debt - that would be too easy and perhaps not enough of a deterrent for bad karma!

Also, agree planets have been placed consistent with one’s karmic lessons. But also, human beings have been given the ability to discover means to go through these lessons – including ones that accelerate your spiritual journey. For example, suffering from an illness or condition could be a karmic lesson. That does not mean, I refuse to take medicines saying that I have to suffer to burn my karmic debt- or just meditate and pray. There are some Confusians (I think) who actually believe in such principles. That is being delusional right?! Gemstones are like medication, they help ease the suffering, but you’ll still have to put in effort by eating healthy, exercise, lead a disciplined life etc. to recover.

The way I see it, gemstones can potentially support your karmic efforts and objectives. For example, if someone has difficulty in relationships, it means he has either ignored or worked to his detriment this area of his life in the past. To improve it, he should consciously make efforts in this direction. The gemstone would potentially help him by increasing his charisma etc. so as to boost his efforts.

I have personally felt the effect of gemstones, albeit, not necessarily always in a favourable way! I also agree that meditation, charity and personal development efforts are even more important than gemstones.

kshantaram

Premium Member
any feedbacks to ack the notes!

REMEDIES SUGGESTED ARE NOT LAL-KITAB REMEDIES,

appreciate for caring to share your experiences coming with elaborate feedbacks, appreciating the inputs provided, but not accepted, having asked for - good to make own considered judgments, but seeking clarifications/discussing, adopting better or complete measures could help.

best wishes!

kshantaram

ps : system not able to repeat the whole quote and comments?

Sagii

Your first two statements are mutually contradictory, are they not...?

I was meant to type intensifying negative aspects of the planets, as we will never know whether the gemstone we are wearing is for that particular cure. There is no harm in meditating, however there is harm in wearing the incorrect gemstone. But I will still go with my first statement that gemstones do not work. There is no way escaping karma that you have to pay for.

jonkil

ps : system not able to repeat the whole quote and comments?

Noted kshantaram, I am not in a position to donate grains, and I am not sure of fasting, but I agree with the others.

I pray and meditate quite often, say beej mantras and used to visit Shani temple on Saturday (when I had access to one!). I also try to have one meat-free day a week. All of these definitely help. Someone said my chart indicates anxiety/ nervous disturbance and hence I should meditate / practice yoga. And it does help! Unfortunately, the effects are quite short-lived, so I am always looking for other means too!

jonkil

I was meant to type intensifying negative aspects of the planets, as we will never know whether the gemstone we are wearing is for that particular cure. There is no harm in meditating, however there is harm in wearing the incorrect gemstone. But I will still go with my first statement that gemstones do not work. There is no way escaping karma that you have to pay for.

When I was in my late teens, I had turned violent, aggressive, and lost interest in any productive activity. You will appreciate that a person in such a situation is least likely to believe in astrology, gemstones or any similar occult practice! However, my parents somehow convinced me to wear a bunch of gemstones. I had a coral, amethyst, emerald, zircon, and ruby. Within a month, there was a radical change in my circumstances, and everyone noticed it. I suddenly became extremely calm and docile. However, the change was too intense and brought about its own set of problems! On balance, I cannot tell if I was better or worse off, what I do know is, prior to the gemstones, in my aggressive nature, I was not in a position to indulge in meditation or prayer of any sort! A more radical solution was required and for better or worse, it happened to be gemstones in this case.

That is when I started believing that gems have some effect. And that is why I agree wearing the wrong gemstone can harm.

Having said that I do not know if the combination, strength or quality of the stones caused some of the negative effects. Since then, I have been searching high and low for the right combination and experimented with different strengths and combinations as indicated above. I also read somewhere that the ancient saints in India actually advised against gemstones and instead suggested mantras etc. I do not know the reason why, perhaps its for the reasons that you mention. But the changes I personally experienced were so radical, I feel compelled to give it a fair chance!

Some astrologers say my chart is complicated with too many afflicted planets, some even cancelling each other's effects, so it's not the easiest chart to read and interpret; and hence not easy to prescribe gemstones. I also keep getting conflicting recommendations. My knowledge of astrology is limited, you guys can comment from my chart if this is true.

As mentioned above, I continue to do other things to improve myself, but this is also an important part of me.

Long story there I know! Feel free to comment / challenge of course.

Last edited:

Crystalpages

If gemstones do not work, then they should not produce either good or bad effects. :)

Unless you meant to say that gemstones do not have positive effects BUT do have negative effects!

One should also be aware that mind and auto-suggestions (belief) are very powerful and this becomes rather obvious when one studies what is called placebo effect. It is a real, frequently encountered (in clinical trials, for instance) and measurable-demonstrable effect!