the node and reality

rahu

Banned
looking at transits to the natal nodal position is the slowest way to understand the node. node transit on natal planets give much more predictabilty and significance.

again the endemic astrological milieu to obscure the node.

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]
rahu

Last edited by a moderator:

anjelik

How would natal Jupiter conjunction transiting NN but opposite transiting SN play out? NN in 9th house and SN in the 3rd. Do they cancel each other out??

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
the nroth and south node are endpoints of an axis so they can't cancel each other out.

with the node transiting jupiter, ones professional life could be advanced. but theplacement of jupiter needs to be considered.this transit shows a general expansion of intellect and knowledge .it can bring greater control of one's life thru financial advantages. but as the node can bring altered realities, this aspect can show you are beining influenced by a superior. often this brings relationsips in to focus and can be associated with commitment and marriage. but on the negative side it can bring powerful antagonist against you.conversely , you can become a tyrant if the nodal energy overwhelms you personality structure or if you lean that what already.this transit can give "power trips" and resulting confrontations.
again the placement of jupiter will define the exact nature of your experience.
sudden intellectual insights are possible as well as an expanded understanding of fundamental principles.
it is overalla favorable transit but again,it can an bring altered sense of reality.
nodal trasitsare quuite regular so you might check to see what occurred during the previous trnasit of when the south node transited jupiter. with the south node, real power is more obvious whereas the northnode tends to be more cerebral, thouh both briing and "altered reality" around you.

rahu

anjelik

the nroth and south node are endpoints of an axis so they can't cancel each other out.

with the node transiting jupiter, ones professional life could be advanced. but theplacement of jupiter needs to be considered.this transit shows a general expansion of intellect and knowledge .it can bring greater control of one's life thru financial advantages. but as the node can bring altered realities, this aspect can show you are beining influenced by a superior. often this brings relationsips in to focus and can be associated with commitment and marriage. but on the negative side it can bring powerful antagonist against you.conversely , you can become a tyrant if the nodal energy overwhelms you personality structure or if you lean that what already.this transit can give "power trips" and resulting confrontations.
again the placement of jupiter will define the exact nature of your experience.
sudden intellectual insights are possible as well as an expanded understanding of fundamental principles.
it is overalla favorable transit but again,it can an bring altered sense of reality.
nodal trasitsare quuite regular so you might check to see what occurred during the previous trnasit of when the south node transited jupiter. with the south node, real power is more obvious whereas the northnode tends to be more cerebral, thouh both briing and "altered reality" around you.

rahu

Placidus system puts the NN and Jupiter in my 9th, but in the 11th whole signs. Transiting Jupiter is in my 6th or 7th at the moment, depending on house system.

Not to sound like an idiot, but it is 18 months per sign, correct? So that would put me at approximately 13 the last time I experienced this transit. Haha I can't really think of anything significant that occurred during the winter of 1995 besides being a top player for both my Middle School and Parish's basketball team. I mean at the time I clearly felt pretty proud of myself, but in hindsight isn't very significant in terms of my life!

rahu

Banned
hi

a node return is 18.61 years, though the time is variable when using the true node.
the atheletic prowess makes sense as jupiter does give physical strengths. if this is a correct ransit, i would expect ta you might have been involved in student government also.

rahu

anjelik

hi

a node return is 18.61 years, though the time is variable when using the true node.
the atheletic prowess makes sense as jupiter does give physical strengths. if this is a correct ransit, i would expect ta you might have been involved in student government also.

rahu

I was never involved in student government - I've never really been drawn to popularity contests or being in the limelight even as an adolescent. I did fairly well in school. Mostly As and maybe a B in science or math. It wasn't until I was about 15-17 that I rebelled heavily and my grades slipped as a result of that. But years later.

rahu

Banned
The node is defined as the points where the moons orbit crosses from northern and southern latitudes on the ecliptic. Technically this is not the case as it is the passage north and south in relationship to the earth’s equator or the celestial equator. It is a moot point because the earth is the only planet that does not leave the ecliptic. The minimum Range is about 1.5 degrees as Uranus varies. Pluto and orcus go from 18 north to 18 south or so…but the earth varies by just a minute or two of latitude. The earth actually vibrates as can be seen by the suns apparent movement in the sky. Though it seems to be a straight rise and fall. The path in the sky has a slight undulating movement in it’s orbit reflecting the earth’s bobbing on the ecliptic.
Though traditionally the ecliptic is considered a mathematical point, the ecliptic actually has a physical presence. Some decades ago a series of satellites called the helios series were put in high orbit around the sun .
A one point they turned the cameras away from the sun and into the solar system. what the satellites recorded was the sun’s ecliptic extending as far as could be detected. It was described as golden “tutu” around the suns and extending from the sun’s equator.so there a plane of visible energy making up the ecliptic.
The moons nodes are there fore insync with the sun’s ecliptic. This is why the vertex, which is the real position of the ecliptic in one natal, possesses forces as strong as any in the zodiac.
As the nodal axis is associated with the basis of physical/spiritual/historical reality, the vertex provides energy to these manifestations. The node ties life/death, love/hate, and decadent/divine all together. It gives the affects of karma and the pursuit of the future, whereas the vertex energizes these images without a structural affect.

rahu

The Ram

Good thread.

I have SN, moon, uranus, jupiter, neptune and my vertex all parallel each other, plus most of them make other aspects (mostly conjunctions) to each other as well.

When i was younger it was hard fpr me to figure out where I ended and others began. I stopped hanging out with ppl i dont know, unless its 1 on 1 because of this. Im a psychic sponge and emotions from others can have the same effect on me as the person feeeling them, if not even stronger. Just the other day I met a friends gf and she was having a bad day and i couldnt stop shaking and felt really uncomfortable. So i started drinking and then it went away(though it took several drinks until it actually stopped). Neptune parallel and semi semi square (22'30 deg asp) my SN.:lol To be clear I was planning on drinking that day anyway.

Since it wouldn't be a good idea to get drunk all the time I mind my surroundings and choose the ppl i associate with very carefully. Im about 30 now and the other day I was feeling those vibes more intensely than i ever have and i always felt them intensely. I guess my interest in magick lately has enhanced my abilities a bit. I still can't control them though, i think i need to commit more fully to meditation and breath work.

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
Ram

i have not research parallels very much.

you might look to see if when the transitting dragonhead is parallel to your parallel stellium.

thanx for your input. you have broaden my knowledge of parallels and the node.

rahu

Alice McDermott

The node is defined as the points where the moons orbit crosses from northern and southern latitudes on the ecliptic. Technically this is not the case as it is the passage north and south in relationship to the earth’s equator or the celestial equator. It is a moot point because the earth is the only planet that does not leave the ecliptic.

Just to clarify: The ecliptic is the path of the Earth as it orbits the Sun; from the viewpoint of Earth it is the path of the Sun as we observe it moving across the sky each day. This is why the fixed stars that are on that path have such a strong effect.

All planets in the Solar System will have their own ecliptic path as they orbit the Sun, which will be different to that of the Earth.

A one point they turned the cameras away from the sun and into the solar system. what the satellites recorded was the sun’s ecliptic extending as far as could be detected. It was described as golden “tutu” around the suns and extending from the sun’s equator.so there a plane of visible energy making up the ecliptic.

This sounds like the Sun's energy field or aura, which encompasses all the planets in our solar system and then some. Living planets have energy fields as well; tropical astrologers call the Earth's energy field the zodiac.

The Sun's ecliptic path is probably defined by its orbit around a central Sun.

Alice

The Ram

Ram

i have not research parallels very much.

you might look to see if when the transitting dragonhead is parallel to your parallel stellium.

thanx for your input. you have broaden my knowledge of parallels and the node.

rahu

Yeah, i think ill check that out. It should definitely activate them.

I didn't really use parallels until recently either. I have my moon and Uranus conjunct my Sn natally, yet I always felt as if I had all the charactisterics of neptune and jupiter conjunct those planets and points as well. It didn't make sense to me until I first used parallels, now it makes complete sense to me, since they act the same as conjunctions. While the contra parallels work moreso like oppositions.

rahu

Banned
Just to clarify: The ecliptic is the path of the Earth as it orbits the Sun; from the viewpoint of Earth it is the path of the Sun as we observe it moving across the sky each day. This is why the fixed stars that are on that path have such a strong effect.

All planets in the Solar System will have their own ecliptic path as they orbit the Sun, which will be different to that of the Earth.

This sounds like the Sun's energy field or aura, which encompasses all the planets in our solar system and then some. Living planets have energy fields as well; tropical astrologers call the Earth's energy field the zodiac.

The Sun's ecliptic path is probably defined by its orbit around a central Sun.

Alice

the ecliptic is the sun's ecliptic. all planets do not have their own ecliptic. they have equators and celestial equators but they do not have their own ecliptic.

you might reread my post.
the earth is the only planet that does not leave the ecliptic. hence the earths celestial equator is congruent with the sun ecliptic . the earth is the only planet that follows the ecliptic "path" other planets do not have their equators on the ecliptic all the time

my point being that the ecliptic is a energy dynamic and not simply a mathematical point

rahu

[deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

Alice McDermott

to clarify: the ecliptic is the sun's ecliptic. all planets do not have their own ecliptic. they have equators and celestial equators but they do not have their own ecliptic.

you might reread my post.
the earth is the only planet that does not leave the ecliptic. hence the earths celestial equator is congruent with the sun ecliptic . the earth is the only planet that follows the ecliptic "path" other planets do not have their equators on the ecliptic all the time

my point being that the ecliptic is a energy dynamic and not simply a mathematical point

rahu

No Rahu , that is not the case.

The ecliptic is the path of the orbit of the Earth around the Sun. This is the path of the Earth so it naturally cannot leave it.

Each planet in our Solar System has an orbit around the Sun and the path of this orbit is that planet's ecliptic.

I agree with you that the ecliptic is a massive energy dynamic precisely because it is the path of the Earth's orbit around the Sun.

The Earth's celestial equator is just the equator of the Earth moved out into space. It is not particularly congruent with the ecliptic of the Earth (which you call the Sun's ecliptic) as the only time the two come together is when the Sun moves to 00NS00 declination on the Equator, which is 0 Aries and 0 Libra respectively in the zodiac.

For further clarification perhaps these articles on my website might be helpful: http://aliceportman.com/what-is-out-of-bounds/ http://aliceportman.com/what-is-the-difference-between-northern-and-southern-hemisphere-astrology/

These partially describe the dynamics of both the ecliptic and the equator.

Alice

rahu

Banned
[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

The ecliptic, by definition is the apparent path of the sun across the sky. It has nothing to do with planets .

the earth does move on a ecliptical path ,but all other planets move on a elliptical path ONLY when they are at 0 degrees lat. Pluto which moves between 18 degrees north to south and spends little time at 0 lat. And therefore rarely is moving in a elliptical orbit.

the plane of the orbit of the earth is always on the elliptic because the earth is on the ecliptic. and therefore the orbit is on the elliptic
The plane of Pluto’s orbit when at 18 degree north, is not anywhere near the ecliptic.
At that degree lat , one could not have the vertex on the ascendant on chart cast on Pluto as the vertex is the real position of the ecliptic in a person’s chart. On Pluto the sun would never be near enough to be on any ascendant of Pluto at 18 degree N lat.
My intention was not split hairs with uniformed opinions but to point out the uniqueness of the earth always being on the ecliptic . coupled with the construct of the elliptic being an actual radiating energy source with associated systems , it works with the moon’s nodes to create the conditions we call life in this time/space/continuum.
And there is definetly a “system” between the sun and earth
Recently scientist have found that the solar wind penetrates the earth’s magnetic field every 8 minutes and discharge in the atmoshe/ground.http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2008/30oct_ftes/
What is really interesting is that the solar radiation forms “worm” like packets of energy that either penetrate the ionosphere or travel laterally over the ionosphere to plunge down at a different site.
This matches a time period specilified in the velokovsky/einstein letters

http://www.varchive.org/bdb/week.htm

"A few notes about our last conversation on April 8th, 1955

1. The difference in voltage—100 volts for 1 meter altitude near the ground—indicates that the Earth is charged by 450,000 coulombs, which is very little for the globe of this size. (It is calculated that Earth must lose its charge in 8 minutes, but some unidentified mechanism replenishes the charge)."

so scientist have found the “unidentified mechanism” that replenishes the charge.

So this is another unaccounted energy dynamic. Maybe this has to due with Science’s inability or refusal to discuss what force keeps the earth’s axis rigid so we can have an ecliptic orbit ?
The cultural magicians choose to keep the knowledge of both science and astrology incomplete.
rahu

Alice McDermott

Oh rahu, I don't want to go on with this argument!

You don't understand. The Earth orbits the Sun and this orbit is the path of the ecliptic, but from the point of view of the Earth, the Sun is orbiting the Earth along a specific path. It is the same thing, just seen from the perspective of the Earth.

I gave you an astronomical link and you give me Wikipedia!! Notice that even Wikipedia says it is the 'apparent' path of the Sun i.e. from the viewpoint of the Earth. In actual fact it is the path of the Earth's orbit around the Sun.

I do recommend you check this out properly, but from my point of view I have done my best to explain it so will leave it at that.

Alice

wilsontc

Staff member
stop the arguing

All,

Please stop the arguing about what is and what is not an ecliptic. At some point each person simply has to accept that the other person has a different point of view and that point has now arrived. Any further "discussion" simply becomes "attacking" the other's view point. I have deleted the "clarifications" on this point since they don't contribute to the topic of "nodes".

Moving on,

Tim

rahu

Banned
the energy emanating from the ecliptic and bounded by the nodes is the 3 dimensional representation of the energy system that your time/space spheroid clings to. alice bailey wrote that the moon is a dead planet, it’s force comes from a energy behind the moon. From my experience, this can only be the energy of the nodal axis. And pertaining to the sun, native American spiritual beliefs have the sun as only a hole in the sky with that primal energy of world shine through . this is the energy of the ecliptic and both sun and moon are but fixations of the underlying spiritual(quantum) matrix .
the magnetic fields lead to the higher vibrations that give access to the ribbon of time and destiny on the astral plane.
it is your image of reality that is cosmically reflected back at you .as in tai Buddhism, reality is a thought form that expands to reality and then is quickly replaced by another as the first dissipates. a continuous flow that is binary. Quantum experiments show that what you see and think directly affects the nature or your reality. other quantum theories see the universe as being made for the sole purpose of sending information…….thoughts.
the scientific model is deductive and material, the actually connection the node has to your chart and the phenomenal world is obscured by the construct materialism.
If one does not have a concept, one cannot see the concept functioning. So it is with the node. Of course it doesn’t help that the node’s energies are ignored as the standard model ignores the source of the energy keeping our axis stable and allowing life there by. The deceptive ignorance of the dynamics of the earth’s rotation allows other omissions to be implanted in the culture’s consciousness. this conscious omission, actually deception, by the editors of history , allows other scientific theories resting on faulty foundations, to be accepted as “Truths” when in fact they are cultural/politically motivated propaganda.
With the lack of explanation for the firmness of the ground we walk on ignored, all other scientific theories are accepted even though they are based on falsity.
To understand the node ,one must learn to look for the true dynamics.
rahu