Transforming but what is it?

Neptune Rising

Hello

With this chart, synastry and composite, I would like some help understanding the nature of this relationship. It is also a long distance interaction. I don't know if it can ever be something committed, or is it just meant to be a brief meeting every now and then for mutual transforming?

I am involved with a man that I've known and liked for some time. Just recently, I've spent more time with him that I ever have, and have had some very deep revelations about me, him, life. It has been really hard, but I am not used to spending a lot of time with romances. I've had my shield up and not many people can get past this, except this man, which is also why I feel so vulnerable around him.

I know and feel that being with him helps me to transform myself, through looking deeply inside myself, and I feel he also gets something from his interaction with me. When he steps out of the room, eg, to go to work, I miss him. He has infuriated me and I have him, but I also love him and see his sweetness.

He has made me look also look at my life and where I want to go, and I truly feel totally lost now. It seems, everything in my life is about to turn upside down. My mum's health is deteriorating and she is the only family I have. My work situation in my country is poor, trying to make it self employed but on the breadline, home I am just in lodgings that some people would call a shoebox. This interaction with this man has opened my eyes to where I would like to be, in myself, alot more successful in my life.

In the composite chart, the most noticable aspect is Sun Moon Venus, opposite Pluto. That is pretty intense. I have read different things about it, both its bad and good sides. This is one of the most honest relationships I have been involved in, even though its not that long we have been close. It seems to be a situations where, for me at least, we open and bear each others souls, which can be traumatic. It has made me realise though, alot of my interactions up until now, have been very false and my way of hiding behind my invisible wall. With this guy, the wall is being knocked down.

The Venus/Sun is sextile Saturn/Jupiter which may suggest some permanency. We have known each other for a decade. Jupiter is a happy aspect. Venus is also trine to Neptune, which is idealistic. We both have natal Venus/Neptune aspects, we are both compassionate and idealistic, though there is realisim to see through this. The Neptune is opposite Saturn which is errosive.

There is one of those rectangles in there with Pluto trine to Jupiter/Saturn and sextile to Neptune, Venus/Sun trine to Neptune and sextile to Jup/Saturn. Though, I don't know much about the rectangles.

Synastry

We both have natal Venus trine Pluto in our individual charts, and our Suns interact with each others, making a Venus Pluto Sun grand trine in both our synastry. My Venus trine my Pluto, his Sun trines them both - grand trine. His Venus trines his Pluto and my Sun trines them both - grand trine. I find this lovely and I have always experienced him as a 'sunny summer day'.

His Mars and Nessu is conjunct my south node and opposite my Neptune. This is him finding me a bit 'out there' at times, and me finding him much more direct. Though I find his directness very appealing, his Mars is trine my Venus/Mercury and my Pluto, but its also square my Moon, so its a mixed bag of feelings.

We are both having a Neptune hard transit in our individual charts. For him, transiting Neptune is square his Sun/Mars midpoint. For me, I have progressed Sun conjunct natal Moon, with Neptune conjuncting these. The ultimate softening transit.

His ascendant in my 9th house, we have had experience abroad together.

About asteroids, he has a Venus Lilith conjunction on Algol, with Persephone, just near his Sun. My Hades conjuncts these. My Pluto also is opposite his Moon. He finds me sometimes a bit harsh when I retaliate to his joking taunts. His Pluto Uranus is also on my Pandora Persephone. His Pandora is also opposite mine. He tends to wake me up to the harsh realisites of the world.

If anyone has any more insight into this, I would very much love to hear ideas. Thank you.

Composite

rahu

Banned
hi NeptuneRising,

in composites i tend to have negative feelings anytime pluto is very strong. the composaite shows the moon/vensu midpoint conjunct the sun so there is a primal and steady emoti9nal love. but with pluto oppoed to this stellium the spectre of selfisness is very strong.pluto usually shows a selfish nature to the relationship that rarely ends up well. intially it can had a very strong sexual energy to the relationship but this sexual attraction is so carnal that real intimate love does not follow. often in a marriage the sexaul chemsitry lessens to the point of no sex. or their can be a sexual connection that raises emotional isseue that preclude furthur sexual liassons.

lith opposed to uranus shows a strong psychic connection but it makes the relationship so instable that a long term hookup is very unlikely. here with chiron conjunct to lilth, there often is a highly critical nature to the psychic connection. it shows incessant criticism.chiron can give a emotional healing energy to the relationship but with uranus also paert of the mix, this aspect is usually overly critical and unconcerned with your feelings.

a complicating emotional feeling is that the eros/psyche midpoint is opposed the vertex. this does give a very ethereal almost spiritual emotional attraction. often the love feels like the love between children.naive, in wonderment almost non sexual but very magnetic. the vertex shows that when you are together these feeling are very noticeable but aspects to the vertex are difficult to intergrate into the chart .and with eros and psyche being asteriods their power is to cause strong impulse to kick in and their attractive force does not mean this lovingly feeling will bring you together.

with mercury square to orcus, there is a block in communication and it is unlikely that real deep feeling or ideas will be shared.with persephone conjunct to orcus, there is a sense that he is the "older" more experience partner who will control and lead the relationship. this implies that you are in a inferior emotional position and look to him for guidance .coupled with the mercury/orcus square it seems he has ideas about your situation but will not share his feelings or motives.

mars is square to nessus( i don't know about pando).this shows he has a very cold and ruthless air about himself. it implies he takes what he wants and has a cold if not ruthless attitude to how he treats others

with the mars/psyche midpoint square to neptune/pluto midpoint, he does seem to have a sensitive side but he never allows this sensitivity to affect the relationship, rather he uses the sensitivity to conceal and deceive.

venus square to ceres and psyche is another aspect that shows you have highly idealistic love toward him that includes a strong impluse to take care and nurture him. but he is much to distant and cold for this impulse to manifest.

the sextile trine pattern of neptune opposed to the saturn/jupiter conjunction and these sextile to the pluto/sun oppositin are stablizing aspect and can give educational or professional similarities. it is favorable for finances and commmon economic endeavors but does .it can be favborablke for relationships but ,again ,the pluto opposition tends to exclude real merging of the spirits.

with eros square to neptune, his emotional attraction is likely to be variable and gives hints of infidelity if you were to get together.

rahu

Neptune Rising

Thank you Rahu

That is so accurate its amazing.

It has absolutely confused me just spending this week with him, I really don't understand it as he was and is so keen for me to come to the country he currently lives in. He is even giving me suggestions on how I could try to find work here. Yet, I do sense a real emotional distance from him. He can be very critical which is what I never expected and I've been getting my head around that. The criticism is often justified, but so much of my traits are being brought out and showed their flaws, half jokingly half cuttingly. I can see his point and try not to be too stubborn to not change myself. But I also do feel the need to nurture him and he lets me somewhat.

I sense a psychic connection and I can see his sensitivity which he does cover up with what can be a very harsh exterior. On a few occasions, I have nearly cried with his criticism of my behaviours, but I feel its a test for me to be stronger - I am quite a softie and have been 'protected' from the realisites of the world while growing up, and I think the Piscean nature in my character leads me to escape quite a bit from the more 'blunt truth' of the world. It is almost like he is challenging me to be more logical and not so ethereal but in a rather blunt way. Maybe its the only way to learn such a lesson, it makes me wonder.

I can sense the carnal nature, but we haven't actually been intimate in that way. But he is also the only guy I feel I can be my genuine self with, which is why I am confused as I thought that may be love.

Mars and Nessus, yes he can be cutting towards others but he is also quite compassionate. He also has MArs conjunct Nessus natally in Gemini conjunct my south node.

At times, it has reminded me of a past relationship where I was abused and I feared this happening again, given time, as I don't feel I am strong enough to take on board all the criticism.

Even with all that, I do love him as a person, he also guides me. In some ways, I feel my self confidence being chipped away at, for me to rebuild in a different way.

I appreciate your time very much helping me to understand this.
NR

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
As I said by PM, I am moving toward looking at synastric double chart, you to him and him to you.

What I didn't say is that I would not recommend a composite chart for you. Many people do not know this, but Ivy Goldstein Jacobson noted as many have that composite charts sometimes work and sometimes don't. She researched this and actually found that there was a reason for this circumstance. Ivy found that at least one of these two circumstances must exist:

Looking at the double chart of the birth:

1. The Ruler of the Asc in both charts must be in Ptolemaic aspect to each other.

or

2. Mars in both charts must be in Ptolemaic aspect to each other.

If neither of these exists that you will need to use Synastry, as composite charts, won't give accurate descriptions of the partnership.

Also there was only one type of composite that Ivy used: the Davison Chart which is called a "combined chart" since it is combined for both time and space.

rahu

Banned
davidson composites are not astrological based . the primary calculation is calenderical which is probably why they don't always work.
midpoint composite rarely don't work.
midpoint theory goes back to ptolemy and of course midpoints have generated an entire branch astrological thought ebertin's work.

rahu

Neptune Rising

Hi
I've just got back from travelling overseas, sorry I haven't had the chance to reply properly since the last one.

I am very open to looking at different branches of astrology, I am even now considering studying a relocation chart to move to his part of the world. Well, I have transiting Uranus conjunct the nadir now, tr Pluto square the nadir, and will in the next few years have a series of eclipses in my 4th house.