What are you learning from COVID?

david starling

It will be enlightening for us to watch and see. In Vedic, they don't use the outers, but she did in her example, and it seems the study she did brings the number or percentage down signficantly - (using outers)

n Vedic Astrology, Kalasarpa Yoga occurs when all the planets except for outer planets (Uranus, Neptune and Pluto) are placed between the Nodes. It is said the head (Rahu) and tail (Ketu) of the snake tie up the planets – like a nodal bind. It has many variations, but generally speaking it is said to cause afflictions to countries, leaders, people, etc., and especially significant in Mundane Astrology.

Bringing this concept to tropical astrology by including all the ten planets (including the outer planets). the nodal bind occurs roughly 3% of the time.

Does it matter which half of the bowl pattern the planets are on? One would have the NN leading, the other, the SN.

aquarius7000

I knew this one Vedic astrologer from the South of India, and I have unfortunately lost his contact during my last move to America (which really frustrates me), who was actually an engineer by profession and more of a hobby astrologer and used to read only the inner planets. His readings were so mind-blowingly accurate that he predicted my move from Germany to the US exact to the month and year and this when I had zero plans to move like 5 years ahead of the move itself. He would even predict things to a tee like how a particular travel/ trip would be for me - with small incidents during the trip. For instance he predicted once that I would lose my wallet during a trip, but would find it later and on another trip that the same would happen to my suit case on my way back from London to Hamburg and that is exactly what happened. He even told me that I would lose the suit case after I landed back in Hamburg.

To date, I am yet to meet even one Astrologer practising Sun-based Western Astrology able to predict half as accurately. Most Western astrologers give like psychology based advice, which of course is useful, but with little predictive Astrology involved, which actually proves one's astrology skills. During my discussions in the past with some astrologers, some even here on this forum, they sort of hide their inability to predict the future under the garb of... oh well that is too deterministic or too negative. Well, that is what predictions are all about and you answer only if one asks and if one is an adult. I say that though I do Western Astrology myself.

leomoon

Regarding Vedic vs Tropical Astrology? I've always felt that Vedic is far more proficient in determining future events then western astrology is. I reasoned that its probably due to not changing over many thousands of years, not diverting with various charts, always honing just those 10 planets and of course the culture in India - calls for importance in 1)careers 2)money gained from the career 3) Health 4) Family

In the west, we tend to read charts based on personalities first. Except of course horary and mundane, but our proficiency is not in the same place as the Vedic astrologers.

But even with them I do caution too. When my youngest daughter was very ill and I ventured into a forum that practiced only a certain type of Vedic Astrology on Yahoo forums back then; it was with an urgency I felt so I offered her chart to be read by a group who studied together (more or less) to tell me if she would live much longer. This was urgent for me to know.

As it turned out, only 1 was the most correct, and he was banned from the group because he didn't follow the "lead" or for lack of a better term, "leader"....He was more uranian then not. So he saw things that they did not which gave me more exact precision as to how long she had left on this earth and how we might prepare for the worse yet to come. But even he was off by a few months time.

She had her ups and downs so I reasoned he tuned into a down time.

As it turned out of course, when you lose a child, even an adult child, no amount of preparing keeps the pain at bay. But it did help me understand more about her natal chart and what she was had to cope with.

But YES, I do by and large agree with you as to "timing" of events for Vedic Astrologers. Perhaps exact timing and their stickiness when it comes to a tob (everyone is first rectified by them as to questions and answers the person gives i.e. date of marriage, date of birth of 1st, 2nd child if any, deaths in the family and in what order and whom....the questions go on, but they want to correct the time their way for this type of honing skills.

leomoon

Does it matter which half of the bowl pattern the planets are on? One would have the NN leading, the other, the SN.

That's a good question. If I talk with Manda again, I'll ask her, because I don't know that answer. It seems that she was just trying to get across to be on the lookout for this type of grouping, and it occurred to her when Covid19 was growing in numbers to look at what she heard of in childhood. She has such a grouping in her natal chart I think she said...so it piqued her interest again just thinking back.

Are you thinking of covid 19 as it being a virus and the houses might tell us more? I think its too broad of a subject however.

I recall telling her about my twin granddaughters born with such a yoga, (with the exception of both Sun in Aries & Mercury) barely outside of the rest of the planets which all otherwise, are within the two Nodes.
I said, this image is how I envision them....their father the gatekeeper in this story- who doesn't allow them "out of the castle" so to speak. With Manda, she too felt this way when younger..and with the U.S. and actually the entire world now, we all probably can identify with this feeling, waiting to be rescued, :)

Manda said it was a very good representation of the feeling one might have during the Kalasarpa. I'm hoping they'll break out in time from their pent up lives and see the world as it really is someday because their Mercury gives me that hope.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Reuters reported there's no quatrains in Nostradamus' writings about a Covid19 pandemic in the year 2020, but there were books about this prediction you can find online mentioned this "In the twin year, a plague from the Orient-China, the queen named Corona". Nostradamus was also thought to predicted "the return of Arabs from North Africa in South France, this time to stay forever"- a reference to North Africans from former French colonies Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia settled in metropolitan France after the countries' independence wars. And he predicted women becoming similar to men (and I guess vice versa) both supposedly in the late 20th-early 21st century period, about 50 years from 1970-2020. Remarkably accurate, but there was no evidence of Nostradamus wrote anything about the current global Covid19 pandemic, esp. his constant references to northern Italy (Lombardy) not far from his home region Provence in France, where he used Occitan (Provencal dialect) languages in his writings.

aquarius7000

Reuters reported there's no quatrains in Nostradamus' writings about a Covid19 pandemic in the year 2020, but there were books about this prediction you can find online mentioned this "In the twin year, a plague from the Orient-China, the queen named Corona". Nostradamus was also thought to predicted "the return of Arabs from North Africa in South France, this time to stay forever"- a reference to North Africans from former French colonies Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia settled in metropolitan France after the countries' independence wars. And he predicted women becoming similar to men (and I guess vice versa) both supposedly in the late 20th-early 21st century period, about 50 years from 1970-2020. Remarkably accurate, but there was no evidence of Nostradamus wrote anything about the current global Covid19 pandemic, esp. his constant references to northern Italy (Lombardy) not far from his home region Provence in France, where he used Occitan (Provencal dialect) languages in his writings.
I think we humans look for exactitude to lend credibility to a claim or what's been said. What Nostradamus wrote was many moons ago, so his expression was influenced by his times, so we have to be mindful of that.

Btw, in The Bhagavad Gita, without making such dire prophecies for the whole mankind, and in keeping with Sanatana Dharma (eternal order or duty), it is said to the effect (since I do not have the book in front of me right now), which is all about making mankind aware of the consequences of one's actions (Karma) and hence very logical to make one understand (instead of rigidit instructions or commands): if man loses his way and indulges in destroying other sentient beings, he will bring upon himself great maladies and suffering. (when I look at covid and sars, etc, this is exactly what has been happening

leomoon

found this:
The majority of Nostradamus’ quatrains were penned in his 1555 Magnum Opus Les Propheties.

In one of his quatrains, the 16th-century prophet warned of a plague striking a number of cities in Italy.​
Century III, Quatrain 75 reads: “Pau, Verona, Vicenza, Saragossa,
“From distant swords lands wet with blood:
“Very great plague will come with the great shell,
“Relief near, and the remedies very far.”

I visited Lucca twice, once off a ship tour and the other a land-tour some years later. I found out you can never really "go back" in that your experiences will not be the same. Porbably the weather is the biggest factor.

Its very near driving distance about 15 minutes to the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Lucca is a unique fortress -walled Medieval town which still looks like the remnants of yester years. The last time I went there, was not as exciting as the first time because it was Christmas holiday extreme cold, and there was a huge Santa Sleigh with Santa live going down the street. That was cool! The first time we went was spring time and there were singing minstrels in the street and town square. I think it was Jazz they played however.

There are very nice little stores one can shop in - and even get a "real" hot chocolate (in the winter) - with real dark chocolate, quite thick, quite hot and it really warms you. The town square has a Museum created from opera singer Puccini's house and a huge statute in the square dedicated to their town's modern day hero.

The streets are narrow - and once wandering off, is harder to find your group again as sounds tend to deaden there.

NOW I'm curious just how little Lucca fared during that terrible virus that plagued so many Italians. :sad:

For those wondering what it might look like, here are a few of my photos -

Vehicles are not driven other then bicycles in Lucca - people park their cycles outside the city walls:

The entrance, (may be others, but we went in here): ....ancient door

Their favorite past resident: Puccini -

Santa in the winter time: (we drove up from the Amalfi Coast - to Florence and here)

a bottle of water is more expensive then a glass of wine:

CapAquaPis

Anti-CCP Alternative media from Taiwan: NTD, The Epoch Times, China in Focus and China Uncensored, are asking questions the WHO is also asking: How many actual infection cases and deaths occurred in China? An estimated 50,000 died out of 300,000 in Wuhan and a million deaths out of 5.0 million in China were exposed to SARS-CoV-2, considering the heavy population density in the world's most populous nation. However, the Chinese government case numbers stands at 85,000 cases and 5,000-some deaths. It's understood the lack of social distancing but a whole lot of wearing masks is common in China and East Asia, which is the best way to prevent viral transmission? I recommend both, but the USA only started to take up wearing masks in public places in April based on CDC recommendations, a month after we were informed and alerted about a Covid-19 pandemic in our country.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Leomoon, that's a different quatrain Nostradamus wrote up. The hardest hit in the Covid-19 pandemic was Northern Italy were Bergamo, Brescia, Milano and Vo in addition to mentioned cities in that quatrain. While Italy partially eased its lockdown and restrictions, the most infected place in Italy which was under an earlier lockdown from Feb 22-May 3 (Codogno and Lodi) shows locals are weary of a second wave in their community and again, it could spread all over Italy, Europe and the world. Stay safe, everyone...the USA could learn from Italy and China on handling a tough time they dealt with first or earlier in Jan and Feb. - to virtually disappear in Mar. and Apr. by the lockdown's effect on viral transmission.

CapAquaPis

This could mean that although the epidemic subsides in May 2020, there could be a second and third wave of COVID-19, or some other event possibly that binds us apart,
The good news is that if we survive, the next nodal bind only occurs in 2036!

[/QUOTE]

The asteroid Apophis could strike the earth in middle of 2036, the most likely place of collusion is off the coast of California (my home state), and the 1-5% chance of a near-approach with earth closer than our moon (normally, 250k miles away) and artificial satellites is a concern for the next decade. Apophis will approach the earth in a similarly close position in April 13, 2029 which isn't under any nodal binds, we know when's the most possible time it could collide with the earth when you're going by astrology. The lunar nodes then are in Leo (true)/Aquarius with the planet Saturn in 2 months in Leo and Mars in Leo in the later half of the nodal bind (52 days from May 20-21 to July 11-12, 2036), although the sun is in Gemini and Cancer in the later half. And the moon is in Leo on May 30 and June 26. However, late March 2036 is Apophis' closest approach to the earth before the nodal binds occur when the sun is in Aries.

david starling

I see this pandemic as evidence of the United States as the foremost world-power.

We unfortunately, as a nation, elected what amounts to a political virus infecting our Constitutional Democratic-Republic. And now, there's a biological virus infecting the entire world.

This isn't a mere coincidence, it's a bona fide correlation.

david starling

Red Korean Ginseng is the reason South Korea has been so successful in limiting the spread and deaths from the Covid-19 epidemic.

Last edited:

leomoon

Whatcha got on ginseng?

The success of Taiwan, Hong Kong, S Korea and Japan (no particular order because they all are different in key respects) seems to defy prevailing logics.

The political virus, it seems to easy to pretend Trump is the cause. He is like what you would call a classic symptom, like coughing blood from the lungs is a symptom of TB.

Your last paragraph made me think of this blog's post again:

https://www.julienaklei.com/2018/06...FcfliVbMMZyvAVx3yMKhYyw2Wfc0-sbzWLi19ID8G361c

• Although Neptune won’t officially enter Aries until 2025, we should start feeling the effects trickle in earlier. In a sense, each sign is just a natural response to the excesses of the sign that came before it. The more people in society play a victimized Piscean role, floating through an inner world of pain, the more others are compelled to seek something brisk and capable. Perhaps Donald Trump is the first piece of the Aries forces that are to come. If so, resistance to him is futile, because he represents a course correction which is as necessary as it is inevitable.
  • Wherever Neptune goes, it reawakens forgotten values, but also tends to take ideas to ridiculous extremes. Neptune in Aries is certain to bring us lots of crazy fads and notions just as Neptune in Pisces did. I only hope it does not bring danger. It is no comfort that the last time Neptune entered Aries was the start of the Civil War.

leomoon

Leomoon, that's a different quatrain Nostradamus wrote up. The hardest hit in the Covid-19 pandemic was Northern Italy were Bergamo, Brescia, Milano and Vo in addition to mentioned cities in that quatrain. While Italy partially eased its lockdown and restrictions, the most infected place in Italy which was under an earlier lockdown from Feb 22-May 3 (Codogno and Lodi) shows locals are weary of a second wave in their community and again, it could spread all over Italy, Europe and the world. Stay safe, everyone...the USA could learn from Italy and China on handling a tough time they dealt with first or earlier in Jan and Feb. - to virtually disappear in Mar. and Apr. by the lockdown's effect on viral transmission.

I think I posted the wrong quantrain - But the rest of it doesn't seem to fit on line 3 - (war, famine and drought) along with plague.....
Actually when I checked my pdf of his complete quantrains, it seems he said a LOT about Lucca & Pisa. Makes sense, I suppose, a neighboring country to France 296 miles of land, mostly the Alps I think from my one travel to see the Black Madonna some of the ranges of the French Alps are entirely in France, others, such as the Mont Blanc massif, are shared with Switzerland and Italy https://www.viator.com/tours/Barcel...uding-Cog-Wheel-Train-Ride/d562-2140JTEBA07PM

In Lucca it will come to rain blood and milk,
Shortly before a change of praetor:
Great plague and war, famine and drought will be made visible
Far away where their prince and rector will die.

Last edited:

david starling

Whatcha got on ginseng?

The success of Taiwan, Hong Kong, S Korea and Japan (no particular order because they all are different in key respects) seems to defy prevailing logics.

The political virus, it seems to easy to pretend Trump is the cause. He is like what you would call a classic symptom, like coughing blood from the lungs is a symptom of TB.

Ginseng has been widely used, in Korea especially, for many centuries, more by men than women. And there's a much higher % of women compared to men in S.Korea catching the virus than in other countries. The elderly have been using ginseng as an overall tonic their entire lives.

I had thought it was only for physical energy and male potency. Turns out, it's a genuine immune system booster which is particularly effective against flu viruses, according to many scientific studies.

wan

Ginger and garlic are also very good for protecting against viral infections. If they are consumed raw, it's even better.

leomoon

Ginseng has been widely used, in Korea especially, for many centuries, more by men than women. And there's a much higher % of women compared to men in S.Korea catching the virus than in other countries. The elderly have been using ginseng as an overall tonic their entire lives.

I had thought it was only for physical energy and male potency. Turns out, it's a genuine immune system booster which is particularly effective against flu viruses, according to many scientific studies.

This is the official (now) Cayce homeopathic retailer although I go elsewhere except for a few things I can't get otherwise then from him. He charges obviously a premium, due to being authorized by the A.R.E. to use the EC name in his brands. :annoyed: Some things I have no choice like the mixtures (almost all have Gingsing in them too) called #236, #545 & #636, all tonics good for issue with digestion. etc. Some will be advertised on Amazon too. Often with shipping you pay the same...if you can get them.
I use to get them all from a place in Va.Beach called "Heritage" which is still around, BUT, sold their trade name & closed the store. They aren't supposed to be licensed anymore for the Cayce brands. :( They were cheaper. Some stuff is still around however.

https://www.baar.com/digestive-aids

https://www.baar.com/wild-american-ginseng-fluid-extract

Google ad:
Cayce Health Care Philosophy: Edgar Cayce preferred American Ginseng. He called American Ginseng "the essence of the flow of the vitality within the system itself. It is an electrifying of the vital forces themselves.". The main active ingredients of Ginseng...

Seems this one is discontinued, but like I said Cayce's remedies often included American Gingseng - just check the ingredients on the bottles -
Wild American Ginseng, Fluid Extract
Panax quinquefolius
  • Wild American Ginseng
  • Herbal Adaptogenic
  • Stimulates the Vital Forces of the Body
  • Cayce Health Care
American Ginseng has been traditionally used by the American Indians as a demulcent, general tonic, as a botanical restorative for the weak and wounded and to help the mind. American Ginseng is now valued for its "adaptogenic" (tending to bring the body to normal) properties. Research suggests it may increase mental efficiency and physical performance, aid in adapting to high or low temperatures and stress.*
Cayce Health Care Philosophy:
Edgar Cayce preferred American Ginseng. He called American Ginseng "the essence of the flow of the vitality within the system itself. It is an electrifying of the vital forces themselves."
The main active ingredients of Ginseng (American and Korean) are the more than 20 saponin triterpenoid glycosides called "ginsenosides". A major difference between American and Korean Ginseng is that the American Ginseng is rich in the Rb1 group of ginsenosides, which have a more sedative and metabolic effect on the central nervous system. American Ginseng (Rb1 ginsenosides) also increases stamina, learning ability, and has been used for stress, fatigue characterized by insomnia, to enhance immune functions, poor appetite, nervousness and restlessness.
In geriatric use, Ginseng is being researched for its benefits in supporting healthy mental functions. Ginseng may help by directly affecting the adrenal-pituitary axis, the result of which is manifested by an increased resistance to the effects of stress. This herb also supports healthy mental function through its benefits to circulation. Animal studies have clearly demonstrated Ginseng's ability to help the learning process.

Last edited:

david starling

I have a few planets retrograde, including Merc, and have been trying to get a handle on how the "Retrograde-state" compares to that of Direct. When looking at the manifestations of the permanently, constant, Retrograde-state of the sidereal Ages through the millennia, I noticed that they aren't as starkly obvious as those of the Direct-motion tropical Ages.

Now I see that the word "Direct" is the key to understanding the term "Retrograde" as meaning the opposite term, "Indirect". Instead of going directly from A to B using the shortest, most direct route possible, Retro is about meandering, and using a series of approximations prior to reaching the most correct version of the desired goal.

So, rx Saturn is more subtle than frontal-assault Saturn direct, but still the same old Grim Reaper.