Neptune, I hate you

neptuner

Wow, I can relate to this. I have Neptune in the 12th house natally and now it's progressing my ascendant (which it will continue to do for a long time..). No sugarcoating things, I have struggled with numerous 12th house/Neptunian issues; anxiety, depression, addictions, death of loved ones, grief, chaos, dissolution, confusion, ETC.

I think on a coping level. 1. embrace more positive Neptune energies as much as possible, embrace getting a lot of sleep, relaxation, watch films, take baths, make art, in essence learn to enjoy the isolation and lack of sense of time. Also 2. embrace Saturn, literally the antidote to Neptune. I find Saturn type things whether decluttering and organizing, organizing finances, paperwork, lists etc these things make me feel more grounded. It's very hard for me to motivate to do these types of things, but it really helps me when I manage to do things that are constructive. I think when you're a very Neptune afflicted person anything you can do to make yourself feel more grounded is a gift. Obviously, none of this alleviates the effects of Neptune entirely.

I know for me as a Neptunian, I cannot go near alcohol, drugs, destructive people or things go downhill asap bc of Neptune's propensity for addiction and escapism. Can you see a therapist? Periods of treatment for depression and anxiety have really helped me pull myself out of the fog.

I'm so sorry to hear about your stage fright. In the past I have dealt with intense panic attacks which prevented me from living my fullest life. Perhaps you can practice music more privately? Youtube channel? Recording your music? Don't beat yourself up about having to take a break from performance. I am also so sorry about your partner. Take care of yourself.

AquarianRising

OP, I can't see your chart, but I can sympathize with Neptune problems. I was born with Neptune extremely conjunct the Sun in the 12th house (with Uranus and Mercury also in the 12th house and Saturn barely in 11th house, apparently interpreted as being in 12th house) and had much the same issues as you throughout life, though in your case replace "music" with "writing". Struggling writer, etc., fear of failure, inability to straighten out muddled thoughts, difficulty overcoming self-loathing and fearful tendencies to achieve the things I want/am compelled to do.

Also struggled with addictive/obsessive tendencies, from struggling with addictions/obsessions with fantasy, to video games, to food, to alcohol. Also difficulty with overactive, often dark imagination and separating that from reality, projecting the inner world onto reality.

But I've also learned to love my Neptune placement for the inner life, imagination, spirituality, sensitivity and inspiration it brings. I also was born with a 3rd House Tauran moon that is also trine to the Sun, Mercury, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune, which I think has been a large boon in bringing out positive Neptune aspects.

Also, a strong Neptune placement doesn't mean you can't ever change. Last year I started seeing a therapist for the depression and anxiety and it helps. Knowing that it will always be something of a problem is something to learn to live with, but also knowing it doesn't/won't always have to 100% shackle your life is something to learn too.

#NeptuneProblems :biggrin:

david starling

From the Neptunian perspective, this life is but a Dream, and the higher spiritual levels deserve the most attention. From the Saturnian point of view, this life is the only Reality there is, and you're to be penalized and rewarded for how well you function on the Material level. Strong Neptune placements make it difficult to please Saturn, and there are immediate consequences for that, which can be a real cause for depression.