The Jupiter yod of Dec 2012, what are the lessons?

Neptune Rising

Hi

I haven't read much about the various predictions for 2012, just about the Jupiter yod from Saturn sextile Pluto. I don't know whether it is the energies of this, or is it the double Moon/Chiron hard aspect transits and progressions that are making me feel so down at the moment. I mean, rock bottom. I am in tune with, it seems, the wounds of the world. My mother is in pain, she had a stroke in the summer and she cries, though she trys to be strong. I see and feel the pain of the underdogs in society moreso than ever. Maybe because I am feeling my own inner wounds too, so I relate to theirs. I wrote about this in another thread so I am sorry for repeating myself, just looking for some answers. I also know that meditation usually helps me, I just haven't been able to do it lately. I am at the point where the only things that keep me going are my mum and the people that rely on me. I sometimes don't know how I can go on, or why, or how I can cope with everything. I wonder if its the Chiron/Moon in Pisces transits (I also have Chiron in the 4th house in Aries) that are making me feel so weakened and helpless. When I need to be, I somehow find strength inside and I carry on. But the moments of despair I've been having lately have shocked me and I don't know where they are coming from, though I use what I learned during meditation to try and observe what is happening. I also realise this, looking back, will be a time of immense growth, probably.

The Jupiter and Lilith are currently on my south node. The south node is also conjunct the star Aldebarran, and it is trine my natal Pluto. Saturn sextile Pluto, the Pluto is square my natal Pluto, and the Saturn is trine my natal Moon and approaching square to natal Mercury/Venus.

I suspect there is something to do with this Jupiter yod, as its square my natal Moon now, maybe exaggerating and expanding all the pain there is already there. With natal and progression, I have a Moon opposite Mars/Sun both in square to natal Chiron, t-square to Chiron - I don't think that is helping any, but maybe its just a really rough path for the moment.

What does this yod ultimately want us to learn?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Zarathu

Account Closed
Could you be a little bit more direct in what you are asking? Are you talking about your own chart or something broader? I'd like to help but I'm not sure where youa re going with this.

Zarathu

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Thanks for your reply Zarathu

Lol, I guess that is what happens when I post when in despair, I wasn't being too logical about my question. I think partly I was trying to find a 'key' to what I am going through at the moment.

I think it may be partly to do with emotions and allowing them to flow. I saw a spirit animal a few days ago, just a shape that a tissue on the floor of my room made, a dolphin. I tend to see shapes in various things and animals, maybe its to do with my Piscean Moon and Piscean energies in my chart. The Dolphin as I looked it up through the perspective of Shamanism is related to emotions and flowing, allowing them to flow. I've been resisting the flow lately, worrying about various things and loosing people. But today, I saw a river and the flow of water going past, reminded of that dolphin message of allowing emotions and life to flow, which I then went on to teach in the yoga class.

Lol, I still worry what to do when I this feeling of despair comes up again, I was wondering if the Jupiter yod would somehow give a lesson about that, maybe I'm learning it anyway right now.

Sorry to be vauge about it.

kimbermoon

Here is my assessment:
the Yod, or Finger of Fate, is an interesting dynamic of energy; the two planets in sextile shows the potential for an eventual harmonization of the energies. The two legs represent the need for some form of adjustment or adaptation; often these configurations create a degree of frustration or anxiety as we have not yet realized what needs to be adjusted, both within ourselves, and in our relationships with others. The resolution relates to the planet at the apex, in this case Jupiter in Geminiwhich basically represents an expansion of consciousness: we need to raise our awareness from the level of instinctive and habitual actions, to a higher level of intellectual and spiritual understanding. Jupiter relates to religion, philosophy and education and we are being guided to step away from our prejudices, judgments and gross misunderstandings about humanity and brotherhood. We are in need of changing our perspectives to a higher level of equality and balance. We need to reinforce our foundations of faith and trust; renew our attitudes of gratitude, generosity and justice: see the bigger picture of what is unfolding all around us; and to seek the truth, rather than maintaining our illusions about life and love.
In spiritual terms, Jupiter represents the mentor, or Guru; and we still have a long way to go in our search for deeper meaning and purpose. With Mercury in Sagittarius, this also represents the spiritual warrior: much of the New Era will involve a return to the true meaning of spirituality, a return to innocence, and a reconnection with our own divinity within. Again the Yod is about adjustment, compromise and adaptation. It also represents the Trinity; that which must be brought in balance. On a higher level, 'Pluto represents spiritual growth and development of the Soul'...but first we must be tried and tested as to our individual integrity and the right use of Power and Influence. In the words of Edgar Cayce: Beware of wrath and grudges, and stay attuned to the love force. Pluto tells us that in order to transform the ailments of the world, we must first change from within. With Saturn involved, through the sign of Scorpio, we are about to experience many secrets and mysteries which await a more accurate investigation. We must attend to our perceived limitations and examine our personal boundaries as to what represents 'reality', which is created by consensus, yet is highly malleable; this is where the need for adjustment and adaptation may be felt the most. Saturn also tests as per our responsibilities and accountability for our own action. In Scorpio, more mystical or metaphysical influences may arise to make us more aware of the Law of Cause and Effect. This is but one interpretation of the Yod, but of course others will see things differently; I am interested in what others might have to say about it. Happy Winter Solstice to all. :lol:

Flowergirl

Thank you so much for your insightful post on the YOD, kimbermoon. Today I logged on to the forum for the first time in a long time, hoping for many threads on the YOD, only to find two (so far). Your post was very interesting. I do find that I am being asked to let go of old, warped attitudes and perceptions towards mankind (also family and my partner and neighbours). To accept and bestow acceptance. To let go and be happy and joy filled. This song has been on my mind all week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrYUlQTUYQo

I am interested in this thread because like Neptune Rising, I have the Jupiter apex on an angle at 8*Gem on my IC, aspecting Asc, MC and DC. I was hoping there would be a discussion on here somewhere about the YOD aspecting natal planets. If I've missed it, please, anyone, direct me to such a thread.

thanks

To Neptune Rising: I hope you are feeling better. :smile:

Neptune Rising

Very interesting and thank you Kimbermoon for your interpretation.

Makes sense. I think I've been feeling something building up lately, probably a combination of things. The Saturn/Pluto makes my north node/neptune/ascendant the midpoint. From my despair, I've learned a huge lesson and feel a shift within me. I can't quite articulate it probably at the moment though.

Thank you Flowergirl, yes I'm learning how to go through what I need to go through. I have some kind of spirits, I don't know what or who but I know something is helping me. Especially that dolphin essense/spirit guide I saw the other day.

I'm not sure if there is any other threads on this, there may be earlier threads buried a few pages back...

Joz

You may also find it helpful to read up on Chiron, the wounded healer. It's transiting near your Moon, and of course transiting Neptune is close as well, an especially important planet for you. Barbara Clow has written extensively about Chiron. Maybe you've checked out her books already?

Sometimes the most challenging events in our lives are the ones that push us forward the most.:smile:

Neptune Rising

Thanks Joz, yes I've read some of Barbara Clow's books a few years ago, but maybe time to come back to them with another perspective. Definitely as also the Chiron is approaching midpoint of my Moon and Jupiter, which is square to my natal Neptune. Could be a way for me to let go (more) of illusions I may have about various things. Though, I think I'm finding a new way to approach these things in my life. Partly learning to let go, there is only so much I can control and me holding on causes me pain. Though what scares me the most is 8th house issues, and my progressed Moon is now in there. But, one thing I've learned from briefly dipping into a book about Shamanism, is to laugh in some way, as this helps to heal and helps the other person as well.

Neptune Rising

Thank you so much for looking Caprising, yes I would appreciate if you have time if you see anything else.

I have found one friend through this, he was there when I heard that my mum had had her stroke. Another friend I thought was a good friend hasn't been there at all, which upset me but I'm taking a different view of that now, no one is perfect.

Funnily enough, I went to my doctor about a back problem, but I told him more about what was wrong than he actually could tell himself, thanks to my Pilates training. Mid/upper back stiffness as well, I'm now re-training, probably came about due to years of stubborn thinking. Yes, I do have thoughts of death. Stroke took my mum's sister last year, and her mum. So I've been releasing alot of emotional issues lately, but so intensely it shocked me.

Ha, yes that is true of the Neptune! I do feel like I'm in a weird sea and I've kind of surrendered to it now. Just have to float on the raft for the time being and foreseeable future, or maybe I'm treading water in the sea.

I am worried about the progressed Moon opposing my natal Sun next month. The new Moon in January will also trigger this. Maybe that is nothing more than a tax rebate (2nd and 8th house axis) and meeting a nice chap.

Agh that transiting Neptune will be around for a long time, inbetween my progressed Sun and natal Moon, I'd better get used to swimming in this strange sea.

Neptune Rising

I just remembered as I was thinking of my mum, I had a dream last night, I woke up scared. I went back to the town where I grew up, it was just me and my mum as I was growing up in this town in real life. In the dream, there was a bridge crossing over what in real life was a train track. I was exploring the town and eventually came to this bridge. I first couldn't find the way up the spiral staircase, then I found the right stair to step on and came to the top, but the bridge across was a thin metal bridge that looked a bit weak and rusty. I am scared of heights in real life, but in the dream, this fear became a full blown phobia and even though I wanted to cross, I couldn't. That bridge would lead me closer to my childhood home, but there as another way of getting there around the bridge, though I didn't get that far.

So symbolic, probably just reflecting how I feel and my fears about the things happening around me.

Last edited:

kimbermoon

I think of dreams as being a hologram that plays out as created by our psyche. We often dream of our fears as a way of psychically 'de-sensitizing' ourselves. It is important to pay attention specifically to the feelings and emotions we experience in the dream. Symbolically, the reference to your mum is clear. The town was about going back to childhood; perhaps the train track represented a your current 'train of consciousness'. The spiral staircase: the stairway to heaven, depicting our soul's evolution, which does evolve in a spiral motion. The right stair: making the right decision. 'the bridge looking weak and rusty'; you did not trust trying to cross it, suggesting you may need to heighten your trust in things. Crossing the bridge [a connector] may have provided a short-cut to your destination, but instead you went around the problem. Thanks for sharing your dream.:sleeping:

Neptune Rising

I think of dreams as being a hologram that plays out as created by our psyche. We often dream of our fears as a way of psychically 'de-sensitizing' ourselves. It is important to pay attention specifically to the feelings and emotions we experience in the dream. Symbolically, the reference to your mum is clear. The town was about going back to childhood; perhaps the train track represented a your current 'train of consciousness'. The spiral staircase: the stairway to heaven, depicting our soul's evolution, which does evolve in a spiral motion. The right stair: making the right decision. 'the bridge looking weak and rusty'; you did not trust trying to cross it, suggesting you may need to heighten your trust in things. Crossing the bridge [a connector] may have provided a short-cut to your destination, but instead you went around the problem. Thanks for sharing your dream.:sleeping:

Thank you very much Kimbermoon
A lot to think about, thank you for giving me another perspective.:) Yes the trust is true, I've lost some trust in things, life I guess, moreso recently. I imagine its part of me loosing some of the illusions I am holding onto, which maybe part of this Neptune transit, and I like my illusions, me and my Pisces Moon/Jupiter Neptune etc.

Neptune Rising

My mother had a stroke earlier this year too, and I am having major back problems as well. I wasn't too suprised when my mother became ill, probably because she is getting on in her years. Luckily she can still live independently with my father, she just can't speak as clearly as she used to. My mid back/neck stiffness originates from the lower back, so keep that in mind! next year your prog. moon will change signs to leo (you will feel this change in pulses before then), and will be forming a trine with prog. venus who will have completed a change of signs into Aries, a great time to meetNeptune can be so.....confusing!, on the upside watching movies becomes so intense yet interesting as you can put yourself in the shoes of the characters, music also becomes an intense emotional experience....put your headphones on and try someone elses reality....like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpSBUlrsV58 make sure you have tissues handy! I believe that moon/jupiter contacts allow you to expand your awareness of other peoples emotional reality's, we both have a natal moon/jupiter conjunction, not exact but close enough to expand ones empathy somewhat! While this can be agonising at times it is a great tool to have in an astrologers/healers toolbox.

I would be looking at prog. moon opposing mars as well as the sun too, you are going to be reactive emotionally (you're probably feeling this already), even if you hide this emotional reaction from others it will still be there, it's a normal reaction for the planets involved so don't stress about it, just be aware of it so that you don't project the emotional reaction onto other people (like the tax office for example).

Thank you Caprising, I am sorry to hear that your mum had a stroke too. My best wishes to you and her and a healthy recovery.

I study and teach Pilates, fascinated by the body and came to it to heal my own body structure. It works wonders once you know what is wrong. I'm working on my back issue, a hypermobile section (around the solar plexus/ego are) in one part but stiffness and a bit flat in another (thoracic or heart area), so trying to balance them out.

You have Moon/Jupiter too, it can be lovely and I agree its a gift for someone who helps others. Can be tough too, I guess that is part of the lesson. My Moon/Jupiter in Pisces, I feel and sense my mum so much. She is Pisces Sun sign, and south node. I found out today, she was taken to hospital in an ambulance because she couldn't catch her breath recently. She is ok, I think it was just the stress of everything she is feeling. Strangely, I've been having this breathlessness too recently, but I know how to handle it though yoga breathing, or just deep breathing.

I honestly never realised that the transiting Neptune is conjunct progressed Sun which is conjunct natal Moon. Ha, but that is always the way with Neptune transits, they creep up on ya! I guess it will be major as the Sun and Moon of my chart are involved. Eek, and its only done one hit so far to the progressed Sun. At this stage, I can say, I have no idea how I will get through it. Perhaps the lesson is to let go, or that sounds like Pluto too! I have though indulged in those activities you mentioned. I've been a bit addicted to TV soaps recently, and good films. Though watching the same soap twice in one day, lol, maybe that is also the Pluto square Pluto compulsion coming out. Shopping centres, just strolling around, are quite therapeutic. I love to sit in a cafe in the centre and watch everyone so busy shopping. Music I've always loved, playing and listening and journeying somewhere in the mind. Lol, also indulging in wine, an coffee, which may not be so good! Maybe a little bit.

In my early 20s, I had the Neptune transit conjunct natal Sun. Chiron was also in hard aspect. That was a really tough time, I was so lost and too young to handle those energies. My senses heightened so much but I didn't know what I was sensing, how or why. It should be different this time, older and more cynical! :tongue:

I will watch that video as soon as I get to a proper internet connection, can't wait now, sounds interesting :)

Sorry for the rambling, I do go on sometimes!

Last edited: