The role of the most exact aspect in the chart

IntoAstro

astro.teacher said:
Jupiter has both a Triplicity and a Term in Aries (assuming that its placed in Aries since that is your Ascendant). The Part of Fortune is like a second Jupiter, so joined together makes things very benevolent. Assuming Mars is conjunct your IC(4th House) and weak, therefore the POF is also weak being its dispositor. However with the conjunction of Jupiter, it "rescues" it from misfortune. As for its interpretation, the Ascendant and first House rules over the body and life of the individual. Jupiter in the first gives a long and very prosperous life, a strong body and quite handsome, somewhat larger. Hope that answers your question!
Hi Astro Teacher,

Can you explain the reason why you would consider the POF to be like a second jupiter?

I learned about it from a Hellenistic perspective, where it is used in timing and for bodily matters because it is the Moon's lot. I do recall that it has to do with things that befall the native due to no real action of his or her own, however my understanding was that it is activated under certain conditions/timings, and that it is important to watch the transits to/by the ruler of fortune, particularly when it's activated by profection or other timing techniques.

Thanks in advance, I'm very interested in the parts and their many uses.

astro.teacher

The part, as all parts are activation places as you mentioned, however I have found that their location in the chart can be viewed as a second Jupiter like placement. Since they combine both the Sun Moon AND Ascendant into the calculation it exclusively ties into the person on all levels. Where this planet is placed they will have the best chances of expressing their will and gaining their desires from. The POF acts much like Jupiter, for instance if it is found in the first House and its dispositor is found in second, it, like Jupiter, denotes riches come easily to the person without labor. It is usually a benevolent spot unless in one case that its dispositor is ill dignified in that location. A well aspected, placed, and dignified POF I view as a second Jupiter in that spot. The weaker it gets, the more the benevolence of it sinks. I can tie in as well that Jupiter is seen as the "Greater Fortune". Fortune is fortune, the placement describes it.

The same goes for the North and Sode nodes, I tend to interpret these as another Jupiter or Saturn. However I use this reference for teaching purposes. Once you get well versed in understanding the strength and weaknesses of these points it will be easier to interpret it. I hope that answers your question.

IntoAstro

Thank you astro.teacher,

Do you use transits to the lots or solely focus on their natal strength?

I've been following transits to my own lots and I could write a long disposition on it, but what I've been following more closely over the past six months are the transiting lots and wonder if you have ever looked at that?

Perhaps this can only be researched on astrologers because who else would think to notice the exact times when out of the ordinary or downright miraculous things happen?

astro.teacher

Do you use transits to the lots or solely focus on their natal strength?

I dont do predictive Astrology yet simply because it is quite a lengthy process and there are many charts to analyze in this. So I focus on Natal for now until im prepared to take some time out to work on it.

I've been following transits to my own lots and I could write a long disposition on it, but what I've been following more closely over the past six months are the transiting lots and wonder if you have ever looked at that?

There are many predictive techniques, transits are only one of them. What have you noticed through your analyzation of the transits hitting your parts? As for my practice with Transits, I certainly understand how to use them & etc. I just havent taken the time out to apply them yet.

Perhaps this can only be researched on astrologers because who else would think to notice the exact times when out of the ordinary or downright miraculous things happen?

Good Astrologers can predict anything that will happen, when and where it will happen. However there is quite a lack of "good astrologers" (in fact this has been a problem all through history). People prefer a quick buck to actual work and see Astrology as the way to do it. They dont know or even offer anything that can help students or even their clients progress and understand why they say the things they do.