Does anyone have Neptune conjunct IC- How was your childhood??

astrology02

Hi everyone,

I am studying the effects the planets have when they are conjunct the IC. They seem to have information regarding the sun & moon, but not the outer planets?

I was wondering if anyone had neptune conjunct their IC?

What was your childhood like? was it confusing? Was there a missing parent?

Thanks for any insight- I really appreciate it :)

Shadowflash

Yup. Neptune at 01 Scorpio conjunct 28 Libra IC. Neptune as part of a Fixed Grand Cross, with Moon 10 Taurus near 28 Aries MC/Uranus 05 Leo conjunct 10 Leo ASC/Chiron 06 Aquarius conjunct 10 Aquarius DESC.

Never knew my father. Mother physically present but pretty much inaccessible emotionally.

Never have been able to post my chart here, birth stats FYI are 11/16/56, 10:47 PM, South Haven, MI, USA.

Hope this helps!

Lin

Of ALL the placements of Neptune, this is the one I dislike to see the most. It's bad enough that it signifies some dysfunctionality in the original family, but also secrets, lies, codependence....so many negative connotations both of events and daily circumstances....so much so that the native may begin to unconsciously "forget" or sublimate them and either discount them or make excuses for the people responsible.

But the worst of this is this: Neptune on or near or even into the 4th house can represent a person who is having an "identity crisis lifetime." And only powerful transits of heavy planets over time can effect a change. AND this also means that the native must be willing to be honest and aware of these issues and to work on them honestly.

This is really hard to do, because he/she was not taught to be open, honest and conscious...or even honest in the feelings, as he/she was taught by example, by threat, by punishment or just by random event that he/she has NO POWER.
One comes away with the feeling of being powerless to change anything, and feeling the only thing to do is to continue to bury the feelings and the events of the past.

And this burying is often accompanied by the use of addictive behaviors.

Yes, I don't like seeing that position of Neptune.
LIN

Shadowflash

Wow, Lin... Came back here to elaborate on my brief post last night, found yours and, dingdingding! lol Arrow to the bullseye, as they say.

I've attributed many of the following issues to my grand cross involving Neptune, as well as my later-degree Scorpy stellium (plus 04-Sagg Saturn) in the fourth, all square first-housed Pluto...but yes, I see how just Neptune on the IC can account for lots of it, all by itself.

As I said, I never knew my father; he impregnated my mom on one of their few dates, her one and only intimate experience, promised to marry her, came and met her family, then abruptly left. (So much I could say here. lol) He was a hardcore alcoholic and druggie, very charismatic/brilliant, very dishonest. My mom was the youngest of eight, in a totally British/Victorian/Fundamentalist family. Yeeha. :surprised: I was essentially tortured into toilet training at the age of nine months, by mom's sister-in-law who was entrusted with my care while mom worked. This same sister-in-law did her best to make a case, to mom and her siblings, to take me away from her and with she and my uncle to CA when I was three, claiming my mom's hyper-religious family would only ***** me up totally. :D Somewhere during her last few years on Earth Mom confessed to me that the only reaason she didn't abort the pregnancy (possible even in 1956) was because she was tired of having so many siblings as "bosses," and she thought if she had "this baby," she could be the boss of someone. Bless her precious heart. lol Little did she know I'd turn out to be someone who gave no quarter to external authority of any kind, even as a toddler.

I found out just a few years ago that my father died of cirrhosis and tuberculosis about five years after I was born, around 1961. His family was old Philadelphia Quaker; his ancestors bought land from Wm. Penn...then later generations had much to do with the founding of PA's biggest educational/penal institutions. So. Bigtime religious sublimation of authentic feeling in both genetic lines.

Having chosen the cosmic-enema Plutonian/Scorpionic emphasis I have this time around, it's been Transform or Die most of my life. Still walking that razor's edge, with some help chomping my heels from a late-stage cancer diagnosis in 2009. :whistling: Pretty intense self-aware spiritual path since early 70's; ended up as an astrologer/soulgrowth counselor for some years, until I found few people interested in exploring the shadow/egoic realms that's always had to be my focus.

Thanks so much for nailing this so well, Lin, and thanks to you, astrology02, for starting the thread...

Love to everyone!

greybeard

I have Neptune at 3 degrees conjunct IC, in 4th, Rx last degree Virgo. It is the only powerfully angular planet in the chart. Mercury, lord of Neptune, is rx and combust in the Aquarius 8th, and generally badly aspected, beholds the chart's first perfecting square, a mutually applying square to Saturn -- his ruler. So, not only Neptune is Rx in the 4th, tightly angular, but the lord (and co-significator too) of the 4th is sorely afflicted.

Dysfunctional parental family, constant uprooting in childhood leads to nomadism as an adult; instability in residence and career, inability to establish firm foundations. No identity crisis discernible to yours truly. Alcoholism created problems (both mother and self). Delusion or deception never an issue (strongly Fixed chart, with Air preponderant too -- the tendency is to accept responsibility for self and actions), dissolution of all family ties over time.

With regard to "no power," that is difficult of interpretation---the Ascendant of my chart brings a strong personal will. The relationship with society at large displays powerlessness (there is no interest in that sort of power), and the personal life pitted sellf against self -- there was no power to control unseen forces guiding the life from within.

Strong mystical orientation....mysticism to be understood as having to do with presence of God in all things, direct communication with God, openness to seeing/sensing invisible forces at work or present in surroundings (while keeping one foot firmly planeted on Earth -- strong Earth emphasis), but not losing self in so-called "world of spirit."

Delineation of the position demands that we pay attention to chart preponderances, condtion of ruler, supporting aspects. To read any planet solely on its position, without taking all of the modifying conditions of the chart into account will lead to misinterpetation, often in important ways.

The negative expressions of Neptune in earlier years have led to postive expressions in the later years. We should keep in mind that what is experienced as evil today often leads to good tomorrow.

The original sin was to have eaten of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. That was our downfall, and few people understand what that means. It is not so much what happens to us in life that matters, but what we do with it.

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Cayce,_Edgar

http://www.librarising.com/astrology/celebs/edgarcayce.html

Midheaven in Taurus with Moon, Neptune, and Pluto is his image as a sensitive or psychic especially in connection to Earth changes. With five planets in Pisces(if we include Eris), Edgar Cayce was extraordinarily sensitive and compassionate and no doubt intuitively or psychically talented. ..........SNIP......... The Moon in mid-point conjunction to Neptune and Pluto connects Cayce's individual soul to the collective soul, hence his ability to read the Akashic records or Book of Life.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/natal-charts/edgar-cayce.php

MC to Neptune around TEN DEGREES....Close but how accurate is the data map is from?

http://www.samsara-fr.com/theme-uk.htm

astrology02

First off let me say a huge thank you to everyone who answered on this thread...you gave me exactly the explanation I was looking for. :) The reason I started this thread is that I have a friend with Neptune conjunct IC and her family life is a huge contradiction. It's as if she wants so bad to appear to be close to her family.

Lin you hit the nail on the head when you say "secrets, lies and codependency...it's as if the native may subconsciously forget them or make excuses for them" . That is my friend to a tee. Her mother was emotionally absent and her father I don't really know what the issue is with him, but it's as if she just keeps making excuses for them. It's as though she doesn't want to give up that image of the perfect family. People who just meet them would say they are the closest family, but it's not the case at all. Neptune has to deal with delusion and "rose coloured glasses" so maybe that is why she is she has a hard time accepting the truth about her family. Your definition was very accurate!!! Thank you so much.

Shawdowflash- I feel for you, it sounds like you have some challenging placements in your chart with neptune being on the IC and both your parents failing you as a child. And especially because some of the planets are in scorpio it would make it that much more intense. + squaring pluto in the 1st AND part of a grand cross...I really feel for you :( I bet with a lot of planets in the fourth and below the horizon of your chart you are a very introverted person who keeps to themselves, but at the same time values family so much. So with the planets in the 4th being afflicted it would be that much more painful. But sometimes it takes the hard stuff in life to get us on the right path, and lead a more spiritual type of life. It's not easy, but over time it can get better. Don't give up hope. You should look into meditation- I have been doing that and it really helped me with the harsher aspects in my chart. Thanks again for sharing your personal experiences...I appreciate it! :)

Greybeard- It sounds like you have had a rough time with neptune on your IC. I found that planets that are so close to the angle are that much stronger...so I can imagine it can be painful at times. Also with neptune being Rx that doesn't help things either :( I have that in my chart and it makes you want to constantly escape from life somewhere far away from reality (at least for me). I like your quote "the negative expressions of neptune in our younger years lead to positive ones in the later years" . I guess with your fixed chart it caused you to be very honest about the events that have happened and worked on them. With my friend I worry that she has subconsciously blocked any unhappy memory from her childhood and wants to pretend everything is okay in her family. Thanks for your input greybeard- I really appreciate it, because now I have a better understanding of what goes on when Neptune is close to the IC :)

greybeard

Gee....I have never cried too much about my fate.

Neptune is Neptune...Life is what it is.

A long time ago I attended an astrologers' convention, and in one of the presentations the theme was "Planets on the Angles." I sat anxiously awaiting "Neptune on the Fourth Angle."

And it came. The lady astrologer giving the presentation, who was dressed very much like some gypsy fortune-teller, said....

"Momma was a space cadet."

I about fell out of my chair laughing. My Momma was decidedly different....

She went on to tell us that both of her sons had Neptune in the 4th... this very outre gypsy lady.

Neptune is one of the most difficult planets to describe, and its effects in the 4th or any house depend on what the overview of the chart (things like preponderance,) that are predominant forces in any chart and incline the expression of individual planets this way or that, depending their own meaning, may indicate.

My chart has preponderances in Fixed signs, in Air signs (with Earth strongly represented), in houses originating at the 4th angle (the dark houses), with succedent houses, retrogradation, preponderance of squares......etc. All of these chart factors blend to produce a general tone or theme that everything else in the chart will follow, will be subservient to. These general or universal themes in a chart predominate and set the stage for the roles played by the individual planets.

Before attempting to read an individual planet, such as "Neptune at the IC", one must first read the general or universal statements of the chart, for they create the theme or inclination of the chart generally, they set the stage and determine how the more specific expressions of the planets are most likely to unfold.

The fact that I have 7 planets in Fixed signs tells volumes about me....and 7 planets acting in concert (as a preponderance by Quality in this case) are far more powerful than any single planet, regardless of its accidental or even essential dignification. Therefore, before I can accurately delineate Neptune at the IC, I must very carefully examine and understand the import of the preponderances present in a chart (and also other factors that exercise broad influence over the chart as a whole.)

Also, the ruler of a planet is determinate in the expression of that planet's energies. Before Neptune at the IC can be read confidently, it will be necessary to fully understand the implications of Mercury in this particular chart (Neptune is in Virgo, ruled by Mercury.) The expression or manifestation of any planet is dependent on and determined by a multitude of factors that hold precedence over it.

In Bradley Manning's chart we find a preponderance of the Fire element (Sagittarius stellium, Fire preponderance, the pivotal Jupiter in Fire, and the disposition of the chart resolving to the fiery planet Mars.) If I wanted to know about his "relationships", I could not form a good picture by simply consulting "Venus in Capricorn", reading a couple of paragraphs regarding this position, and declaring that his relationships have such-and-such a quality. The pre-eminently Fiery nature of his chart overwhelms any reading of Venus in Capricorn taken on its own, and the Fire preponderance tells me much more about his relationships than Venus taken alone ever could.

Last edited:

Lin

This is an excellent thread. I've got a LOT of experience with Neptune on the angles both personally and professionally....natally and transitory.

If one studies addiction, you cannot help but come upon the Neptune connection.
Shadow: you said,
"found out just a few years ago that my father died of cirrhosis and tuberculosis about five years after I was born, around 1961. His family was old Philadelphia Quaker; his ancestors bought land from Wm. Penn...then later generations had much to do with the founding of PA's biggest educational/penal institutions. So. Bigtime religious sublimation of authentic feeling in both genetic lines."

With this in the dna so to speak, one can either emulate the person or become the rebel-renegade. The latter is definitely better..lol

"The Razor's Edge." yes. The path to enlightenment IS narrow. No room for too much baggage.

I hope your cancer is in permanent remission. HOw Neptunian is that disease....

Grey, I do cry sometimes for the waste of precious time and life....with both my parents...who were very narcissistic...but if anyone had said this to them....yikes...lol.
When my mother died in '96 I just kept thinking...why could she not have let me be her friend instead of always seeing me as the enemy.

She had Neptune in the 4th opposing about 6 planets. She thought she was enlightened because she read all the book on the NY Times bestseller list.
That is hyperbole...I know...because when I think back I know there were NO NON-fiction books on that list ....spiritually or psychologically centered..which never made it home from the library....lol
LIN

Last edited:

ounceler

Very interesting thread, my favorite musician of all time had Neptune right on the IC. Jeff Buckley, I don't know if any of you have heard his music but it has a deeply spiritual feel to it, very mystical. He indeed only met his father one time as he died at a young age. Jeff himself also died in a very neptunian way he drowned. So I guess that echos what you guys have said so far about having neptune on an angle. My question is do you any of you benefit artistically from this placement? Perhaps it can indicate someone who feels most "at home" while being artistic.

LeoCassandra

I have Moon and Neptune (north node) conjunct IC. Planets from 3rd house, node from 4th. I did have happy childhood, no problems with money, with health, loving parents :cool::tongue:

Lin

Not all the passengers die in a car crash.

So....I would love to see your chart, Leo Cassandra (that's a fascinating polarity of symbolic names) and see how you escaped the Neptune curse...so...could you show your chart?
LIN

LeoCassandra

Not all the passengers die in a car crash.

So....I would love to see your chart, Leo Cassandra (that's a fascinating polarity of symbolic names) and see how you escaped the Neptune curse...so...could you show your chart?
LIN
Ok. In my chart Neptune curse works different . I still don't know what to do in my life (work related) and i don't mind spending time alone:wink:

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_hy.25726.61940.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_hy.25726.61940.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 146

Lin

LOL....I think Neptune is hindered in a way..in a couple of ways...by ...wow...so many modifications...
first, the moon being closer to the IC and then the n.node being right there supporting your IC.
Saturn opposing the Sun may not be "great" in itself, but it provides more identification... as Saturn rules the 4th and is in the 4th.
And the strong 4-10 polarity helps weaken the Neptune....

as do the sextiles from Pluto to Uranus, Neptune and Moon. Pluto is the only planet that can effectively modify Neptune directly.
So when Neptune acts up it has to "get by" both the moon and Uranus before it can do damage.

Then there are the trines...so Neptune has perameters....he can only act very badly when there are squares to him...as there will be by Uranus, over the next couple of years.
BUT....because Pluto is in Neptune's sign, again, there is a limit to the damage.
However it may exhaust YOU to be the theater of war in this clash of the titans. (Transit Pluto sq. transit Uranus)-
However, All the time this is happening, Pluto will be sextile its natal placement...so again...you have protection.

I think Saturn is the trouble maker in your chart. As you get older and have more responsibilities you may find that making decisions is harder and harder.

Saturn inconjuncts Venus which in turn rules your Libra Asc, which has a bad rep for "fence sitting."
And it doesn't help that Mars is conjunct the Venus.
None the less, there will be parts of your life which are very lucky.
I think relationships will be where you come to realize that you have some work to do.
LIN

LeoCassandra

LOL....I think Neptune is hindered in a way..in a couple of ways...by ...wow...so many modifications...
first, the moon being closer to the IC and then the n.node being right there supporting your IC.
Saturn opposing the Sun may not be "great" in itself, but it provides more identification... as Saturn rules the 4th and is in the 4th.
And the strong 4-10 polarity helps weaken the Neptune....

as do the sextiles from Pluto to Uranus, Neptune and Moon. Pluto is the only planet that can effectively modify Neptune directly.
So when Neptune acts up it has to "get by" both the moon and Uranus before it can do damage.

Then there are the trines...so Neptune has perameters....he can only act very badly when there are squares to him...as there will be by Uranus, over the next couple of years.
BUT....because Pluto is in Neptune's sign, again, there is a limit to the damage.
However it may exhaust YOU to be the theater of war in this clash of the titans. (Transit Pluto sq. transit Uranus)-
However, All the time this is happening, Pluto will be sextile its natal placement...so again...you have protection.

I think Saturn is the trouble maker in your chart. As you get older and have more responsibilities you may find that making decisions is harder and harder.

Saturn inconjuncts Venus which in turn rules your Libra Asc, which has a bad rep for "fence sitting."
And it doesn't help that Mars is conjunct the Venus.
None the less, there will be parts of your life which are very lucky.
I think relationships will be where you come to realize that you have some work to do.
LIN
Wow. It's amazing how much skilled person as you are Lin can read from chart. It's very good description of me/my life.Yes, i did notice that relationships aren't my strongest point. People are always jealous of what they don't have. We don't appreciate what we have...so yeah Lin you are one of the best:tongue::kissing:

Bearen

Hi everyone,

I am studying the effects the planets have when they are conjunct the IC. They seem to have information regarding the sun & moon, but not the outer planets?

I was wondering if anyone had neptune conjunct their IC?

What was your childhood like? was it confusing? Was there a missing parent?

Thanks for any insight- I really appreciate it :)
I have Neptune on IC, but Mars is there, too. Mom was in a world of her own, dad was at work or out doing his hobby of farming on his tractor, or watching tv after he got sick. Everything was confusing due to a couple learning challenges and a major head injury, but I didn't know it wasn't just my personality/character. The hazy addiction was tobacco, killed my dad, his dad, his sister and brother, his oldest daughter, 3 grandkids (exposed to tobacco in utero and infancy, died of lung issues in infancy), and has 2 more of his kids disabled by it. It's hard for me to pick Mars out of the picture and just look at Neptune. For instance, I was planning a revenge suicide at the age of 10 when a vision hit that revamped my life to an astonishing degree. See how inextricably they both seem to be part of it? It didn't get less confusing until some time after that, though.

Lin

So this thread has been resurrected!!

I think it's a good time for it too.... Neptune is very influential right now....esp. since it was it its 2nd decanate (moon's decanate).

It is hard to know how to attribute which events and feelings to which planet when there are conjunctions or stellia.

This same issue is on a bigger scale with asteroid placements (and dwarf planets) when they are positioned in the midst of other planets.

But Mars represents the ''man'' in the male.(or visa versa). And in a woman's chart it represents the male love image.** And it is not hidden or secretive. It's obvious. Neptune works surreptitiously and one does not even know sometimes that is IS operating. It represents deception and distortion....vague and foggy thinking. Ambivalence. Mars is rarely ambivalent. Neptune however, can confuse Mars. But when that happens usually you know it.

**if you are a woman you could be drawn to men who are Neptunian....whether in a positive or negative way. Of course I don't believe there is ONLY positive Neptunian influence. It's a see-saw.

LIN

Last edited:
I am an Astro consultant, having a fair amount of experience & knowledge in this filed. I have been working since 2011. I have been handling clients across India and abroad as well.

Neptune in one zodiac for 14 years. Therefore, it is not necessary that all the people born in these years have the same tendency. Due to the combined vision effect of other planets, there is a modular variation in the result. Despite being crooked, these planets show the opposite effect and even if they are in different nature, their results vary. This rule applies to the statement of the results of all the planets. Here, we are giving the results of each planet in every zodiac, which usually happens. In the next lesson, what is usually the result of each planet in each house will be given. After this, a detailed description of the nature, form, quality, etc. of the person born in each Ascendant will be explained by the results of the sight on each locality of each planet. The result of the gathering of the planets at one place will be told. Information about the main planetary yogs will be given. And after analysing how the conclusions of all these combined results are concluded, it will be said to make a result statement. It all depends on your admissibility, memory, intelligence, discretion and how well you draw conclusions. Therefore, you should keep the basic principles and the main core rules at heart, remembering on tongue as much as possible. When needed, information related to the lessons can be seen from where it is known so much.