Lilith

brainpuddle

A pretty simple query. How would you define its influence?
I have my own ideas, but they're based largely on personal observation. When reading about Lilith in books and online, I've found the interpretations to be all over the place. It's seems difficult to get some consensus on what function exactly it serves in one's chart.

My personal theory: unhealthy coping mechanisms. I've definitely seen this touched on in descriptions of Lilith, but I essentially see it as the whole. It's the negative, reactionary aspects of its sign, which manifest themselves upon the subject feeling threatened. Obviously everyone experiences defensiveness and fear differently, so for some this may mean that the effects of Lilith are a rare display of loss of control in a pressured situation, while for others it may be entangled with their entire lifestyle and/or self-image. But it's fundamentally a defensive instinct.

What do you guys think? What exactly is Lilith to you?

brainpuddle

I meant Mean Black Moon Lilith, but that's the only one I subscribe to. If you want to use this thread to talk about any or all of them, that's fine too.

Frisiangal

A pretty simple query. How would you define its influence?
I have my own ideas, but they're based largely on personal observation. When reading about Lilith in books and online, I've found the interpretations to be all over the place. It's seems difficult to get some consensus on what function exactly it serves in one's chart.

I believe it to be necessary to have a decent knowledge of the meaning of basic astrological symbolism functions working through yourself before attempting to unlock what MEAN Black Moon Lilith can reveal; a natural trait seeking to surface that lies dormant within and can often feel disallowed admittance into self awareness (i.o.w self denial).

Most information on Lilith is taken from its myth. It depends upon how an individual reads and interprets it as to how they see its inward expression within them.

My personal theory: unhealthy coping mechanisms. I've definitely seen this touched on in descriptions of Lilith, but I essentially see it as the whole. It's the negative, reactionary aspects of its sign, which manifest themselves upon the subject feeling threatened. Obviously everyone experiences defensiveness and fear differently, so for some this may mean that the effects of Lilith are a rare display of loss of control in a pressured situation, while for others it may be entangled with their entire lifestyle and/or self-image. But it's fundamentally a defensive instinct.

I hope your negative inference of someone inside you will eventually change, even a possible self-image that has been created through circumstances, and that the active creative instinct of MEAN BML in its sign will make its presence felt in a positive manner. :smile:

brainpuddle

I believe it to be necessary to have a decent knowledge of the meaning of basic astrological symbolism functions working through yourself before attempting to unlock what MEAN Black Moon Lilith can reveal; a natural trait seeking to surface that lies dormant within and can often feel disallowed admittance into self awareness (i.o.w self denial).
I'm not entirely sure what you're saying here. Would you mind elaborating?

I hope your negative inference of someone inside you will eventually change, even a possible self-image that has been created through circumstances, and that the active creative instinct of MEAN BML in its sign will make its presence felt in a positive manner. :smile:
We all have negativity in us. I'm not afraid to look at it.
That said, my observation of Lilith is not specifically of my own, it's been an ongoing logging on the behavioral patterns of others.

leomoon

I meant Mean Black Moon Lilith, but that's the only one I subscribe to. If you want to use this thread to talk about any or all of them, that's fine too.

It is also the only one I keep on my default for all charts. Even though I did buy a few slim books on Lilith, I still don't have a definitive answer that makes sense to me about the reason why this happened when it did. Perhaps you can help explain more precisely?

When my youngest daughter died in August of 2008, (by her own hand) Transiting Pluto was 28° Sagittarius and conjunct my BML @ 27:40 Sag.

the beginning of my 6th house. At the same time, tr BML 15°Sag was conjunct my 5th house P.O.F. 14°Sag.

She left behind twin daughters only 4 yrs of age. Tr BML on this day was over their 6th house and directly opposite their 12th house natal BML @16°Gemini.

There probably is other very important celestial phenomenon here in all the charts, but its too heartbreaking to study too intently for me. What stood out and I never adequately understood, the BML in my chart and it's importance upon her death. I know Lilith was called "baby snatcher" and she did have an event (called a near miss), which is crib death at about 2months old.

Her father's natal however, seemed to reflect mainly tr Pluto over Juno and square his 4th house cusp. Also tr Pluto was quincunx his n. Moon. I also noticed his Arabic "part of necessity & bad luck" is in his 7th house and 18°Gemini.

Any ideas or have you ever seen a similar situational chart?

Frisiangal

Frisiangal

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying here. Would you mind elaborating?.

Planets are physical objects that represent REAL functions within one's self that, due to the sub-conscious Moon influence (REactive feelings) are too often stimulated by (projection of) the actions of others upon one's self. The Sun's conscious self awareness makes those functions work on its behalf.

MEAN BML is a calculated astrological point between Moon's Apogee and Earth. It is not a physical object, and cannot be treated to act as one. It can be likened to an inner active force, sense, instinct, feeling nature, attempting to find integration into one's self. Why it is often referred to as the emptiness, the void, the incomplete Self. How this is felt is according to it natal sign, and where according to house position.

If an individual is not aware of what each planet signifies and how the traits are shown to work through the outer nature, how is it possible to assess what trait it is inside him/her that does not always appear to work outwardly, yet
lives an 'inner life of its own' within?

We all have negativity in us. I'm not afraid to look at it.
That said, my observation of Lilith is not specifically of my own, it's been an ongoing logging on the behavioral patterns of others

Once again, that depends upon one's focus upon his/her character and how (s)he uses the traits with which born. Planetary energy is neutral; no good, no bad. It just is.

Behaviour patterns = Moon. :wink:

:smile:

Last edited: