My Solar Return 2009/2010

Sunshine2

Hi All,

Would anyone care to take a look and let me know what you see?

Sun is in the 10th and is very important to me and I love my job (but work always has been important).

Moon in the 3rd house which concerns. Another reason for concern in this is that Mercury (in the 10th) is opposite Neptune in the solar return chart- Yikes.

Venus is opposite, Pluto is in the 2nd house- ugh. I am in critical financial shape due to getting ******* out of a large commission last year and am working on a couple of projects (new sales) that could save my situation and turn it around but there are no guarantees- this year will either be okay or very, very bad.... Venus is trine mt Asc in the chart, but there's that opposition issue. Another concern is that Mars is in the 8th house and square to Saturn. There is also Venus in the 9th......

On relationships.....Venus - Pluto can also suggest a rather compelling relationship and I haven't been in a relationship in a couple of years (make that 3 years) after going through a very deceptive breakup and friendship (s) (confidence and trust really, really rocked since 2005)- so anything you see in the relationship arena would be helpful...

My chart is attached....thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• Solar 2009_2010 final.jpg
    Solar 2009_2010 final.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 36
  • natal chart.jpg
    natal chart.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

starlink

Hello Sunshine! Welcome to our Forum, I see that you are new here.
The chart you posted is the Solar Return for you right? So your birthday is on the 2nd of August. Would it be possible to also upload your birthchart, taking out all the personal details (you can do this in astro.com. but I see that you are using another programm, so maybe there is a possibility to post an anonymus chart? I tell you this because this forum is public and the whole world can "look in", so when you put up private things like your name and birthplace, people can recognize you.)

I always look at a Solar Return in combination with the natal chart. See for this also my article in the Education Board: "how to interprete a Solar Return".

Will wait for your next post.

STarlink

Sunshine2

Hi Starlink,

Thanks so much....I added my natal chart above....to be clear my actual birthday is August 3rd

Please let me know if you need anything else :)

starlink

Sunshine,you said:

to be clear my actual birthday is August 3rd

The Solar Arc you posted is for August 2, so that is wrong. It must be for August 3, specifically because of the Moon placement which is very important.

Now after that, take that article and go step for step, starting where the SR Ascendant falls in your chart. Where is the SR Sun in the SR chart, which house (in the natal chart it always falls in the same house of course.)

This will give you the focus for this year. Then look at the Modes. Is the Asc. Fixed but the MC Mutable? Is everything fixed or Cardinal or Mutable? things like that.
Read what is written in the article so you get an idea how things could go.

See how far you get, then someone else can hopefully fill in a bit as well.

starlink

PS: Solar Return by itself will not tell you much, unless the major themes are further confirmed by transits and/or progressions... To be honest, when I want to read a Solar Return, normally I open and study all three windows parallel, and try to find correlations or repeated patterns between the three... Just an idea from my side, does not have to be that way though

Aahhh Vinyasa, thanks for mentioning this! Very often a Solar Return does not show anything at all happening in that year, just small normal day occurrences. So transits and Progression to natal chart, very important.

Yes, you are right it is technically possible to get a chart for an earlier date due to the time/reference place. I actually thought (because you cannot see her birthdate on the chart) that she had erected one for the 2nd of August.
So the chart could be OK.
I usually do a chart for the place I live in all year round, even though I had my birthday in the Malediven or other place abroad. So I only do relocation when in fact I have effectively moved from one place to another (Country).

Thanks for mentioning this as well.

Starlink

Sunshine2

Thanks guys....my birthtime is 10:12 am and the SR is accurate for today, 8/2.

I do understand that the chart by itself may not appear to be that strong throughout the year though I have to say that in looking back at SR's after the fact over the years they do prove to play out very closely to the themes of those years (LOL, not that I necessarily predicted accurately what they meant at the time, but after the year had gone by I could look back and say oh so that is what that was about and better understood what it meant).

As mentioned this is a critically important financial period for me-
I've not been in a relationship for too long

I am curious to know how you would read this chart...I have posted in my original message all that I understand from the chart.

I will look at Starlinks article as well.

Thanks for jumping in...

Sunshine2

which chart on astro do you use? SR only
Solar return/natal
or
Natal, solar with house?

here's the natal, solar with houses if that is easier for you...

Attachments

• astro natal solar with house.jpg
    astro natal solar with house.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Vinyasa

Hi Sunshine2,

I cannot give you a prediction, first because I am a learner too second because I don't believe that this is what to expect from a Solar Return, I can only tell you on which points I would mainly focus my attention from my prospect. However the most important prospect is always your own, because you have the power to shape your life, and this is what you must remember. I am just a spectator.

So:
Your 2/8 Axis is rising: focus on finances and joint finances.
The first planet to pass the Asc is Neptune: attention to illusions, delusions, unrealistic plans, deceptions. On a more positive note, Neptune may indicate long trip over water/air.

Most personal planets are over the horizon, showing a more outward/interactive year.

Your SR Asc is Scorpio, Scorpio is often connected to powerful feelings, to obsessions, to intense sexual life, to regeneration, to hightened intuition, to money matters (good chances to receive ought money, inheritance or money from legal judgements, if applicable)... Think how you encapsulate Scorpio traits in your life.

Scorpio is ruled by Mars and Pluto. Mars is now in your SR 8th, focusing again on joing finances etc. Pluto however I see as major force, not only for this year. In terms of Solar Return, Pluto is on the cusp of your SR 3rd, together with Moon. If for Pluto one key word is "transformation", for SR Moon the key word is "fluctuation". Furthermore, you have NN right in the same house. So Pluto + Moon are on the cusp of SR 3rd opposing Venus on the cusp of SR 9th, and conjuncting your IC/MC axis: think what each of this houses represents and try to figure out the interplay (in your own personal terms) between them.

Your SR MC is almost conjuncting your Sun, showing your ambition and will to strive for your career. Most probably will be an important year career-wise. SR Moon in Capricorn again focuses on work and in the 3rd deals with communications and short trips. The conjunction with Pluto may indicate some kind of loss but re-confirms anyway the intense emotions.

Ok, surely there are deep changes in structures in your life, and this is further confirmed by Saturn transiting now your 12th. Actually, a lot of changes may be imposed and are at the moment culminating. Other changes, related to Pluto just crossing your IC, are more slow and subtle and could refer to repressed memories and feelings. Uranus is in the last degrees of your 6th house and next year will cross your DC, bringing disruptions and surprises in the partnership sector.

As you have at the moment 3 major forces (Saturn, Pluto, Uranus) playing with the 3 Angles of your chart, I think it is a good moment to study deeper what these Angles represent for you, how you work together with these forces in your life, what lessons Saturn in the 12th, Pluto in the 3rd, Uranus in the 6th have taught you. A lot of weight will be shifted now in other departments of your self, I think it is the right moment to study them.

Final thought: all four Angles of the SR are fixed, this normally shows reluctance to move on, sometimes even stubborness. My advice would be "let go", don't strive too hard, if you see that some structures are collapsing let them do so, or else with all these fixed Angles and SR Asc in Scorpio you may put yourself under extreme stress and lose the forest for a tree. With the three major forces crossing the three Angles, in the couple of years to come you may see a new self if your let yourself have a refreshed vision. Try through the daily difficulties to see the broad picture and don't spend your full energy in trying to maintain things as they are.

Hopefully I helped a little bit, please keep in mind I am not a professional astrologer.
I wish you all the best for your year to come!!
:smile:

starlink

[QUOTE by Sunshine]
but after the year had gone by I could look back and say oh so that is what that was about and better understood what it meant).

[/QUOTE]

This is in fact the best way to get a feel for Solar Returns, by looking back. Same for transits of course. Best way would be to write it all down in a booklet, but that often proves to be too timeconsuming.

cassanra

The only thing I would add to the great interpretations above is the opposition of venus and pluto/ moon signifying some interpersonal power struggles. As Venus occupies the solar 9th this could lead to legal issues or some form of situation in which an outside expert is consulted of the 9th house persuasion. Also could mean a desire for long distrance travel struggles with financial changes. Ad noted before, the major players in this chart include pluto, as chart ruler, it conjunction with the moon leading to transformation and powerful emotions and changes, the sun in its very prominent position conjunct the MC indicating your ego and self very much in the public and work/career sphere and the rulers of the 2nd (pluto again) and 8th which looks like venus. This is your beginning to the story.
It also helps to do a precessed chart (which you can not do on astro.com but astro.win software has it easy to download). And the precessed chart I use now to get confirmation and 'more to the story'. As an example my non precessed solar chart for the year shows the chart ruler venus in the 12th with the 12th house ruler mars natural ruler of surgeons. I wanted to think it meant an affair....(might still;) ) But the precessed chart has the sun in the 6th indicating health as a major focus thus these two together confirm the story. Sure enough right after my birthday had to have double hernia repair and now will go in for twp patches of skin cancer on my face (the precessed chart has Gemini on the cusp of the 6th).
Hope this helps.