ruler of 4th house in 9th house

Kitchy

Banned
I have Venus ruler of 4th - it sits 3 minutes on 9th house cusp.

I have only lived in the Western U.S., California, Oregon and Nevada - each is a 'foreign domestic land' to the other, in my mind. I have traveled to other parts of world, imagined living there, but prefer comfort of homeland (Mars in Cancer in 11th)

Every city/town I've lived in, however have been college towns with major Universities, history of immigrant's from far off lands, international food stores, restaurants, cultures and ways of life surrounding. All have been towns with many immigrants from other countries.

I have learned a lot from foreigners - even in national domestic ways.

Last edited:

oriel

Thank you Kitchy for sharing.
I haven't traveled abroad but moved from different houses in my birth city.I don't have a permanent address hehe.
I also am fond of foreign stuffs be it tradition or culture as it widens my understanding of how things go and why people do the things they do.

Kitchy

Banned
One interesting side note, as I was thinking about this question after my first response.

Venus rules both my 4th and 11th house - and though Venus is posited on 9th cusp, many of my friends have been foreign born, lived and/or educated abroad, well traveled, advanced degrees and speak a variety of foreign languages. Through them, as well, I have learned much about other countries and cultures.

oriel

Interesting Kitchy,I have uranus and saturn in saggi in 4th and the ruler jupiter is in 9th.I love learning and studying eccentric stuffs.My friends don't get it why I am like that.For example I love the occult and metaphysical stuffs.
I have some friends who have half foreign blood in them, altho they grew up here in my native land.

cindystubbs

There is a book about this I purchased believe it was Alan Leo may be name. Good book. Natal chart and rulerships important always

Arena

Anyone has this placement?
Did you settle or live far away from your birth land?
I have lived many years far away from my birthland - but not more years than I lived in birthland. I've lived in 4 different countries and am now moving to a new place/country. I've travelled extensively.

There are a few things astrological to consider for that.
Ruler of 1st placed in 9th. Ruler of 4th placed in 9th. Uranus on angles.

I do not have ruler of 4th in 9th. But using a system for northern high latitudes when I put EP on 1st in sidereal zodiac, I do have that ruler in 9th and I do have Uranus angular.

oriel

Thanks Cindystubss.

Thanks Arena,
Ehere is the ruler of your 4th then and what sign does your 4th house have?
May I ask,do you feel more comfortable with foreign stuffs as well?

Arena

By this system that I told you, with EP as 1st house (not ASC) and the sidereal zodiac, then my 4th house would be in Gemini and it's ruler, Mercury, is in 5th house by this chart.

Yes I do feel comfortable with things foreign and I am eager to see the world and experience living in more foreign countries.

But I am not sure that it has anything to do with house rulership and placement of planets in 9th... I think it has most to do with the Uranus in my chart.

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
I am a firm believer that house rulerships are more important than planets contained within houses - the way the planets are allowed to express themselves in a house is completely dependent on the house ruler and it's location. This is not so popular thought with some astrologers - but imagine you are a host to people in your home. You will determine what is acceptable and not acceptable or what is graciously allowed or not. A house ruler can essentially shut down a planet or planets in a house - and the fun thing of it all is that the house ruler occupies a house somewhere else usually - so it's an ongoing thing. The strongest planets in a house are those who have rulership of that house.

fran92

The ruler of my 4th is in my 9th. I have Jupiter in my 4th and Sun in my 9th. Yes I live abroad. I moved from my birth place when I was 9. I’ moved so much as a kid it was crazy. I moved to the US in 2014. Jupiter is opposite my MC- so big house, big property-family oriented (despite being 29, and single) lol 😂. I’m thinking of getting a second home 🤭and perhaps a 3rd 😳. I like to move around- no doubt. My jupiter is exalted. I also have Venus (10th) opposite Jupiter. Jupiter square Ascendant.

IleneK

Premium Member
Anyone has this placement?
Did you settle or live far away from your birth land?

I have Jupiter in Sagittarius in the 4th and my esteemed astrologer told me in the one natal reading I ever had that I would never be really happy until I moved far away from my home. About 20 years later, then I was 66 I moved hundreds of miles away from the region I had lived in all my life. And I have never been as happy in my entire life. Like really love it!!

Not exactly the same as you mention, but similar.