Random presidential thoughts

JUPITERASC

Re: Romney next US President?

You didn't ask all the Canadians.
Just because the leader welcome them...

doesn't mean everybody in Canada want them there.

They need to compromise... give up the traditional... and just go for change.

Everyone in Canada may want them there

I don't know why Syrians are bring their religion with them into another country...
Their religion is the cause of all the problem they are having

The Pilgrim Fathers brought their religion with them :smile:

20151119_syria2.jpg

Dubyadude1986

Lol. That is a funny group of memes but it took me a long time to realize an opinion can't really be wrong, just different. Now i have learned to appreciate it.

At first Jupiter, I thought you were just smiling because you were trying to be smug, but I got to know you better and realized you were just being nice. I guess there is no tone and stuff like that on the internet. I got to thinking about that, I bet I make a lot of people mad on accident without even realizing it. Good post and good point.

As far as Canada goes, I have fought alongside them before and I can't imagine they would mind helping the refugees. I also can't believe they would be told to vacate their barracks to make way for the incoming refugees.

Unlike U.S. troops who would probably get very mad, the Canadian troops won't even say anything about it more then likely... If they even mind.

I always liked that about the Canadian troops, they were always very good soldiers and yet still very humble .

They may not say anything and I am not Canadian, but I don't want them thrown out of their barracks.

Especially since they probably won't say anything.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/troops-clearing-space-at-cfb-kingston-for-syrian-refugees-1.2670111

Last edited:

PatAstro

my post went missing. Oh well.

I guess I am not wanted here... gone on back to Yahoo Answers.:unsure:

JUPITERASC

Lol. That is a funny group of memes but it took me a long time to realize
an opinion can't really be wrong, just different.

Now i have learned to appreciate it.
Another sobering thought is, often ones own opinion changes
and
so does the opinion of those one discusses with
which makes for interesting situations if one changes ones mind in mid-thread
:smile:
At first Jupiter, I thought you were just smiling because you were trying to be smug,
but I got to know you better and realized you were just being nice.
I guess there is no tone and stuff like that on the internet.
I got to thinking about that, I bet I make a lot of people mad on accident without even realizing it.
Good post and good point.
Thanks dude - internet chatter is interesting due to the lack not only of tone
but also the lack of visual cues
so it's subtle

As far as Canada goes, I have fought alongside them before and I can't imagine they would mind helping the refugees. I also can't believe they would be told to vacate their barracks to make way for the incoming refugees.

Unlike U.S. troops who would probably get very mad, the Canadian troops won't even say anything about it more then likely... If they even mind.

I always liked that about the Canadian troops, they were always very good soldiers and yet still very humble .

They may not say anything and I am not Canadian, but I don't want them thrown out of their barracks.

Especially since they probably won't say anything.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/troops-clearing-space-at-cfb-kingston-for-syrian-refugees-1.2670111

Lets keep in mind that
these Canadian troops may be provided with improved living quarters
:smile:
so
keep us updated

junoisuppose

They need to fight, not run away.

There was an interview with a Syrian refugee on BBC news today. The interviewer asked him why he didn't stay to fight and he said that nobody knows who the "good guys" are in Syria, it is just a lot of different groups of "bad guys" fighting each other. His problem was he didn't agree with any of the sides so he didn't want to give up his life to fight for them.

Oddity

Word is, especially with young Syrian men, is that either one side or the other wants them as cannon fodder, and saying 'no' is likely to get you dead even quicker.

junoisuppose

They need to compromise... give up the traditional... and just go for change.

I don't know why Syrians are bring their religion with them into another country... Their religion is the cause of all the problem they are having.

We can't stereotype all Syrians as being the same, just as all Americans are not the same. There are some liberals among them, some moderates, some who are religious and will stick to their religion because as they practise it it is not harmful to other people, there may even be some fundamentalists, and undoubtedly some atheists.

In Syria there are Alawites (Assad's bunch), who are a sect of Shia, not accepted by other Shia (generally, because again we can't lump everyone together as having exactly the same opinions), then there are other Shia, both of these are considered infidels by ISIS, there are other Sunnis who don't think the same as ISIS, there are Druze, Yazidis, Christians, Jews and people who believe in old folklore spirituality https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Syria. Anyone who doesn't agree with ISIS is treated badly by them, and anyone can be an innocent bystander caught up in the bombing or sniper fire from any of the many sides.

On the question of whether they need to give up their religion, maybe after a few years in another country with different influences some refugees will, but so long as it doesn't harm others then my opinion is let people do whatever they want to do and follow whatever traditions they want to. There are many people who have different opinions from mine about which political party to vote for, what kind of food to eat, what to wear, what music to listen to etc and I wouldn't want them to dictate to me what I should do so how can I be so bossy to others?

Dubyadude1986

Well, Trump's recent MC transit we talked about a few days ago doesn't appear to be impacting his campaign in a negative way, yet anyway.

That was in the thread specific to Trump though. Sorry for mixing it up but at least we're still on astrology I guess.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Well, Trump's recent MC transit we talked about a few days ago doesn't appear to be impacting his campaign in a negative way, yet anyway.

That was in the thread specific to Trump though.
Sorry for mixing it up but at least we're still on astrology I guess.
I just highlighted Fixed Star REGULUS Rising influence on that thread specific to Trump :smile:

Even more interesting is the Fixed Star REGULUS connection :smile:

If REGULUS is Rising: Great honor and wealth
but violence and trouble
sickness, fevers, acute disease
benefits seldom last
favor of the great
victory over enemies
and scandal
http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Stars_alphabet.htm
regulus.JPG

The 145th Consideration of Guido Bonnatus is as follows: -

" Diurnal Nativities - Cor Leonis in the Ascendant,
in the Oriental Line
or
above it one degree
or
below it three degrees
without the Conjunction or Aspect of any of the Fortunes
- this alone signifies that the Native shall be a person of great note and power
too much exalted
and attain to high preferment and honors
although descended from the meanest parents.

but.....the Native shall die an unhappy death
or at least that all his honors, greatness and power shall at last suffer an eclipse and set in a cloud". [Robson*, p.195.]
http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Stars_alphabet.htm

JUPITERASC

WHY PEOPLE MISTRUST HILLARY http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cody-cain/hey-hillary-heres-why-peo_b_9206424.html

HILLARYS CAMPAIGN JUST GOT BUSTED IMPERSONATING UNION NURSES IN NEVADA

Hillary Clinton’s campaign is attempting to trick Bernie Sanders supporters in Nevada into voting for Clinton
by disguising themselves as nurses affiliated with the National Nurses United union (NNU),
which has thrown its support behind Sanders.
NNU executive director RoseAnn DeMoro caught Clinton staffers red-handed
changing from blue Hillary Clinton campaign shirts
into red shirts of the same shade as the red shirts NNU members are wearing,
in an apparent attempt to confuse voters
http://usuncut.com/politics/clintons-campaign-just-got-busted-impersonating-union-nurses-in-nevada/

CbrY__bUsAA6CF9.jpg

CbrMt5uVAAAuV5Y.jpg

| February 20, 2016

The shirts Hillary’s campaign workers are wearing are nearly identical to the shirts NNU nurses wear on the campaign trail with Bernie:
The t-shirt dupe was reported just after precincts opened for today’s Nevada caucus,
which may very well shape the entire trajectory of the remaining Democratic primaries and caucuses.
The stakes for Bernie Sanders couldn’t be higher, as a win in a state like Nevada,
with prominent Latino representation, would prove his viability with voters of color.

Osamenor

Staff member

*Since I don't believe in absolute pre-determination, I will say that this outcome is predicated upon his decision to run. *Otherwise the same indications could suggest an extrordinarily successful business venture.

In particular I want to point out that in 2016, he will be in a 10th house profection year starting on his birthday in March. *Later in the summer (July) he moves into a 10th from fortune spirit period. *Since the onset of these periods is a bit late for nomination, it could be that he runs as an independent against both democrat and republican nominees. *In a 3 way race between Jeb Bush, Hillary Clinton and Mitt Romney, voters might opt finally for "independent" (though he will be anything but) due to being sick of the obvious deja vu of the other choices.

The medieval variant of the annual profection pointer also points to his natal Sun on election day. *I'm using a slightly rectified birth time of 9:55 am because the lot of exaltation would then be in Cancer (which was activated when Romney became governor of Massachusetts.

Notice where the transiting south node is though.
Setting aside all the political debate in this thread, I notice something interesting: Romney is definitely not running, but within the last few months, he's suddenly big on the Republican primary scene, traveling the country to urge Republicans to vote for anyone but Trump. So this is his big project, and he's certainly gained the public eye (tenth house).

If Election Day looks good for him, maybe it will play out as Trump going down in defeat--success for Romney!

Perhaps July will be when the nominees are established for good. The nomination race is already so close that states with June primaries actually have a shot at having a say in who the nominees are. Usually, by this time, it's so clear who the front runners are that even big states like California can't change the outcome. That could result in Romney having even more of a spotlight in July.

If Trump wins the Republican nomination, Romney will probably be even busier working against him, and even more in the public eye. If Trump doesn't win, it's less clear what Romney will be up to, but maybe he'll play a big part in restructuring the Republican party.

noraleader

Banned

love it.. explains so much. ur pic is the wrong way up mate

I don't know why Syrians are bring their religion with them into another country... Their religion is the cause of all the problem they are having.

only alighted on the last page of this thread, re: we black people.. i was born in oz and travelled around the globe twice by the age i was two. raised here and here and here and here and spending most of my life in tucson (bordertown) while eg. spending periods on the WMAT apache res,

i kinda figure, like, i have some perspective more intercultural or polycultural than alleged to one vantage.

i mean, jupiterasc's oz piccie above is *funny* but at the same time, it's "funny" because it's still a significant issue in "erudite" cultures!

always, the underdog generally has the greater perspective on cultural incongruity, because they're the one getting the shaft. yet it amazes me how ready people are to shaft someone else.

"their religion is the cause"

look - in my signature, there is a link to a post which discusses *epistemology* which is the study of knowledge.. where we discern *what knowledge is* so we can have a better perspective on *how valuable it is* before we go around applying it.

by cultivating a greater sense of consideration isntead of certainty, perhaps, eventually, one day, we can stop taking a dump on people because we think we know something about them.

for one thing, all people, correct me where i'm wrong, are individuals. no single person is a "people" and each single person has their own perspective. each single person may be "religious" to a greater or lesser degree, even if we "did know something about their religion".

i really don't know anything, and if i ever did, i wish i didn't, because knowledge, instead of consideration, is the most lethal, toxic substance in the entire universe. i especially don't want to know anything about other people, and hope i can get through life iwhtout ever having to know anything. may i remain perpetually in uncertainty, perpetually in a state of pure absolute consideration, with all things in a liquid, confluent state.

never do i wish to know things! and i hope other people, should there be such a thing, i don't know, can cultivate some appreciation for this notion, "stop me before i know again" type of thing.

everything you "know" about the world - ask how you "know" it - this is epistemology. "when the foot touches the ground, the foot feels the foot" - solipsism is a logical fact that is absolutely inconvenient for a culture that wants you to be certain about things so it can point you around. and most academics won't even acknowledge it because the logical proof that it is impossible to know anything but the self puts them out of the job.

"them syrians" i tell ya. like "them" anything else in life. i wonder, how anyone can even tolerate such opinions.

Dubyadude1986

Trump won Romney's state of Mass. To sum up Romney:

You Mad?

Lol...

I'd look, but I it's pretty obvious that the Rep. primary will be one of the two, Cruz or Trump. This contested convention is just them kidding themselves or perhaps trying to feel better about it in the moment.

Bernie may catch Clinton, especially if the base is energized by his recent victories the other night in the Democratic primary.

The election charts should all show some type of rebelliousness that isn't linked to parties... :)

Good on AW astrologers for recognizing the prominence of activity in Romney's chart and saying "he isn't a candidate, this makes no sense." You were right! Now we see why he impacted the primary (maybe..) even though he isn't in it. Although what he did backfired. ;)

I mean, nothing like hearing from the guy who just lost the last time when the person he is contesting won their own state. Crazy times we live in!

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member

Good on AW astrologers for recognizing the prominence of activity in Romney's chart and saying "he isn't a candidate, this makes no sense." You were right! Now we see why he impacted the primary (maybe..) even though he isn't in it. Although what he did backfired. ;)

What he did just now may have backfired just now. But what's going to happen next? Romney seems to be on a roll. If Trump wins the nomination, I can't imagine Romney will stop working against him. If Trump wins the presidency, Romney probably won't stop working against him.

I've said it before, and I still think it's so: if Trump is the nominee, that will hand the election to the Democrats. Trump may have a very vocal and visible following among a certain contingent of Republicans, but all the Democrats, and nonpartisan or third party voters who lean Democrat, and a significant contingent of Republicans, plus at least some of those who lean Republican but are not registered as such, are all against him.

Trump might win the nomination because only Republicans vote in Republican primaries and caucuses. Once he's on the national stage, he'll have to face all the non-Republicans out there, plus the set of Republicans who don't like him and didn't vote for him in the first place. All together, those votes are probably going to be enough to sink him.

Dubyadude1986

What he did just now may have backfired just now. But what's going to happen next? Romney seems to be on a roll. If Trump wins the nomination, I can't imagine Romney will stop working against him. If Trump wins the presidency, Romney probably won't stop working against him.

I've said it before, and I still think it's so: if Trump is the nominee, that will hand the election to the Democrats. Trump may have a very vocal and visible following among a certain contingent of Republicans, but all the Democrats, and nonpartisan or third party voters who lean Democrat, and a significant contingent of Republicans, plus at least some of those who lean Republican but are not registered as such, are all against him.

Trump might win the nomination because only Republicans vote in Republican primaries and caucuses. Once he's on the national stage, he'll have to face all the non-Republicans out there, plus the set of Republicans who don't like him and didn't vote for him in the first place. All together, those votes are probably going to be enough to sink him.

He has to improve his rapport with women... I want to see a chart of the announcement of the nomination.

Osamenor

Staff member

He has to improve his rapport with women...
Do you mean Romney or Trump?
I want to see a chart of the announcement of the nomination.
We don't know when that will be until it happens, so no chart can be drawn for it until it happens. We don't know how the remaining primaries will go. We don't know if anyone's going to concede before all the primaries have happened. We don't know how the caucus delegates will vote. So that's one future that can't be predicted ahead of time.

Dubyadude1986

Do you mean Romney or Trump?

We don't know when that will be until it happens, so no chart can be drawn for it until it happens. We don't know how the remaining primaries will go. We don't know if anyone's going to concede before all the primaries have happened. We don't know how the caucus delegates will vote. So that's one future that can't be predicted ahead of time.

I was talking about Trump.

That's a good point. He has not clinched the nomination yet. You don't see any value in the chart of when he announced his campaign in June 15? That was what I meant by past-tense. If you are way ahead of me on this, I apologize.

Osamenor

Staff member

I was talking about Trump.

That's a good point. He has not clinched the nomination yet. You don't see any value in the chart of when he announced his campaign in June 15? That was what I meant by past-tense. If you are way ahead of me on this, I apologize.
You wrote the announcement of the nomination, not the announcement of his candidacy. Those are two different things. I took what you said at face value and thought you were talking about the time when the nominees are announced. Which won't necessarily happen at the same time for both parties.

It would be interesting to cast a chart for his candidacy announcement. There was an interesting article in the Mountain Astrologer a couple issues back, that made an astrological case for Hillary Clinton winning both the Democratic nomination and the presidency, and it sounded like a case for Trump winning the nomination on the Republican side but losing to her in the general election. Sanders hadn't entered the race yet when the article was written, so that could be a missing detail... I remember something about a sudden shift on Election Day in transits to the US chart, from masculine and business oriented to a much more "feminine" orientation.

I'll see if I can find the article. The online version isn't available to non-subscribers, but I have a print copy somewhere, that I could look back over.