What's the verdict on outer planets being at home, exalted, in detriment or in fall?

MoonlightSonata

I found this on Astrotheme:

Uranus
Rulership in Aquarius, exaltation in Scorpio, detriment in Leo, fall in Taurus.

Neptune
Rulership in Pisces, exaltation in Leo (or in Cancer, depending on authors), detriment in Virgo, fall in Aquarius (or in Capricorn, depending on authors).

Pluto
Rulership in Scorpio, exaltation in Aries (or in Pisces, depending on authors), detriment in Taurus, fall in Libra (or in Virgo, depending on authors).

Is this widely accepted or should we just consider the traditional rulers (i.e., Saturn, Jupiter and Mars)?

Please forgive me if this has already been posted. I didn't see it.

wan

I think it depends on what you are trying to do. For example, for me personally, I look at modern planets for the signs of Pisces, Scorpio and Aquarius when deciphering a natal chart. However, if I wish to look at horary charts, then I go with traditional rulers only. This seems to work for me.

waybread

Like Wan, I use the modern sign rulers together with the traditional sign rulers in natal chart interpretation. I don't think it makes much sense to consider their detriment, exaltation, or fall. I stick with the traditional dignities in horary; but if they seemed especially relevant, I would consider the trans-Saturnians as supplementary data points.