Saturn & Uranus

piscesascendant

I don't know how I missed this, and I'll try to find the source of where I read it (it's in one of my astrology books so it shouldn't take too long), but I stumbled upon the interpretation that Saturn is said to ruled the left brain, and Uranus the right brain. For some reason that I don't recall, I had thought that the Sun ws the left brain and the Moon was the right brain. This new information makes so much more sense. Why? Because when I "plugged it in" to the signs the planets are in and currently transiting, I hd a HUGE "AHA!" moment where years of frustration and mental blockage suddenly released. Granted, someone might say, "I've never heard of that." Well, I wouldn't know how else to repond to them.

Interestingly, both my Saturn and Uranus are in retrograde, which I've read means strongly individual. That also makes sense for me, as--compared to people around me I know, I have a very strong sense of individuality (as do some other people I know but not many).

So, left brain in Cancer on the 5th house cusp, right brain in Scorpio in the 8th house.

What are other people's experiences with their right and left brian?

Last edited:
I've heard that Mercury rules the left or rational mind and the Moon rules the imagination or right side of the brain but I am not familiar with Saturn and Uranus in terms of right and left. I'd be interested to hear more responses to your post. Thanks

cindah

I think that makes a lot of sense when you consider the nature of the planets. Saturn is so "in the box"...restrictive and analytical...a left brain function while Uranus is freedom loving and creative...the out of the box right brain. Uranus happens to trine Saturn in my chart...one of the few flowing aspects I have. I believe it enhances my art...as Saturn doesn't take over but lets Uranus have the reign once an awhile.

Attachments

• Cindy Chart.gif
    Cindy Chart.gif
    27.2 KB · Views: 24

dreamtimez

mr.hyde said:
Uranians(people with an strong Uranus) very often are very good at Math/Algeba and that kind of stuff

Who are Uraniuns people ... with Uranus in ascendant ? What houses are good for Uranus ?

dreamtimez said:
Who are Uraniuns people ... with Uranus in ascendant ? What houses are good for Uranus ?

People who have a lot of Aquarius in them are Uranians. They usually have an different interesting take on things that most people miss. But I read that in the past Aquarius was thought to be ruled by Saturn (along with Capricorn). I think Aquarians can have a serious, orderly side too. But they are very original people.

piscesascendant

Uranian are People who have Uranus in an prominent position in their charts this means this a lot of planets in Aquarius / 11th house / or Uranus making a lot of aspects( trines/sextile) or negative aspects(square/opp) or for example in an highly visible position Conjuction Asc/MC. And to the question which Houses are good for Ura, i like it in the 3rd / 8th / 9th 11th House :D:D click here for more information @@ http://www.astrologyclub.org/article...ius/uranus.htm

Given that information, I'd say I'm quite Uranian--Sun, Moon, Merucry all Aquarius, Mars in the 11th house (although in Capricorn), and Uranus in the 8th (in Scorpio) , although I think my Saturn singleton tends to stabilize things. I look at it as, my Uranus in Scorpio in the 8th house experiences periodic transformations, even explosions, of insight and energies, and after all bases are covered, my Saturn singleton tends to "iron it all out."

piscesascendant

One thing I would like to get back to is... given that Saturn rules the right brain and Uranus the left, what are people's experiences, including the signs they're in, the house placement (specifying the house system used), and any aspects?

piscesascendant said:
One thing I would like to get back to is... given that Saturn rules the right brain and Uranus the left, what are people's experiences, including the signs they're in, the house placement (specifying the house system used), and any aspects?

My Saturn is in my third house, in Scorpio while my Uranus is in my 11th House in Cancer. ( I think Saturn rules the left brain: logic, verbal ability etc, and Uranus rule the right: artistic ability, free association, but you might have gotten them mixed up because of all that Aquarius in your chart.:D )

I find when I am with good friends, (11th House is House of Friends) I am very right brained, also my best friend is Aquarian. My Saturn in Scorpio - makes me very logically and anally suspicious and secretive!

piscesascendant

Oops, I just mixed them up in my post. Sorry, lol.

I remember back when I was in high (or maybe it was before then), testing very highly in spatial intelligence, which I would perceive to be right brain activity. Those sorts of test fascinated me. Multidimensional thinking in general exhilarates me.

One of my closest friends is an Aquarius, and he and I just click. In terms of worldviews, etc., we really don't always see eye-to-eye (I know quite a few groups of friends that do and they don't have boring friendships just because they agree on everything), but we still click.

piscesascendant said:
Oops, I just mixed them up in my post. Sorry, lol.

I remember back when I was in high (or maybe it was before then), testing very highly in spatial intelligence, which I would perceive to be right brain activity. Those sorts of test fascinated me. Multidimensional thinking in general exhilarates me.

One of my closest friends is an Aquarius, and he and I just click. In terms of worldviews, etc., we really don't always see eye-to-eye (I know quite a few groups of friends that do and they don't have boring friendships just because they agree on everything), but we still click.

The reason I was laughing about Aquarians getting things mixed up is because they do! (My Mom was Aquarian and she always opened the milk carton backwards!) Actually the planet Uranus rotates in the opposite direction all the other planets. I think Aquarians as a whole are very right brained people, because they think differently than most "logical people". That makes for a certain genius quality. They are also very beloved as leaders. The most beloved Presidents of the US were Aquarians: Lincoln, FDR and Reagan, and when you think about what original and unusual methods they used to govern.

piscesascendant

Actually the planet Uranus rotates in the opposite direction all the other planets.

From what I understand, it isn't the opposite direction, it's perpendicular--Uranus rotates on its side (although it may also rotate backwards, I'm not aware of that, but I do know it rotates on its side.

One other thing I HAVE to share that I uncovered at NASA's website about the planets. Astrologically-speaking, Saturn has the reputation for being an "icy planet". I found out on NASA's site that Saturn is actually quite warm, and that the ice is found in Saturn's rings. Now, I'll research again to confirm, post and link the source, etc. But my theory on it is, given that Saturn is associated with Saturn, is that Saturn is simply a stabilizing energy, not always a cold one.

But, say we were to work with the notion of Saturn being "icy", whenever Saturn touches upon a water sign, cold makes water expand, not contract, so it creates structure as far as "limiting" water's form, but it doesn't limit it in terms of size and expansiveness.

I'll close here before I ramble too much, lol.

Claire19

piscesascendant said:
I don't know how I missed this, and I'll try to find the source of where I read it (it's in one of my astrology books so it shouldn't take too long), but I stumbled upon the interpretation that Saturn is said to ruled the left brain, and Uranus the right brain. For some reason that I don't recall, I had thought that the Sun ws the left brain and the Moon was the right brain. This new information makes so much more sense. Why? Because when I "plugged it in" to the signs the planets are in and currently transiting, I hd a HUGE "AHA!" moment where years of frsutraytion and mental blockage suddenly released. Granted, someone might say, "I've never heard of that." Well, I wouldn't know how else to repond to them.

Interestingly, both my Saturn and Uranus are in retrograde, which I've read means strongly individual. That also makes sense for me, as--compared to people around me I know, I have a very strong sense of individuality (as do some other people I know but not many).

So, left brain in Cancer on the 5th house cusp, right brain in Scorpio in the 8th house.

What are other people's experiences with their right and left brian?

Which side of your brain was trying to type "frustration". Mars rules the brain and the aspects to it also the first house. Saturn is not an individualist influence, rather it is doing things in the proper way, abiding by the rules and being mindful of public reputation. Your Uranus would point to your individuality and breaking of society's rules.

Claire19

piscesascendant said:

Where did you get the idea that Saturn and Uranus rule the brain at all????. Perhaps if they are connected to Mars and Mercury for instance that would influence the intelligence and the senses. The Sun and Moon are our yin and yang side, male and female, if you like. OUr father and mother.....
Saturn is the old world and Uranus is the new world.

piscesascendant

Mars rules the brain and the aspects to it also the first house.

Okay, I can see that since Aries rules the 1st house, the head, etc, that internally, it would logically rule the brain. But from what I read (and trust me, I'm digging through my books to find and quote the lines) it read as if the author was saying that Saturn ruled the left hemisphere, and Uranus ruled the right hemisphere.

And about that typo earlier (which I fixed above)....sheesh! Other typos existed in other people's posts along this thread, but I managed to let them go, lol!

Also noticed that at least one other found the Saturn/left, Uranus/right brain model to make "perfect sense", as they put it. Not out to prove anyone wrong, just start a great discussion. Guess that'll happen when I find the source. LOL!

Claire19 said:
Where did you get the idea that Saturn and Uranus rule the brain at all????. Perhaps if they are connected to Mars and Mercury for instance that would influence the intelligence and the senses. The Sun and Moon are our yin and yang side, male and female, if you like. OUr father and mother.....

Everything in the universe has an influence on our brains, I believe. Our brains are how we perceive things as humans. For example, Neptune probably rules our dreams, but our dreams are in our brains too. I like the right/left half brain analogy. Whats wrong with it?:confused:

Shokk

Claire19 said:
It's interesting to me how you put it that way, since mythologically, Uranus was the old world and Saturn (Kronos) was the new world, in a sense. Because in Greek Myth, Uranus (the sky) would come every night (excuse puns here) to violently plow Gaea (the earth) and from this perpetual cosmic coitus came several children,the titans, that greatly displeased Uranus, who cast the children off into Tartarus, within the earth, which caused Gaea much pain, so Gaea fashioned a sickle and asked her sons to castrate Uranus with it. Only her youngest, Kronos, came forth to do the deed. And thus, Kronos (whose name the Romans bastardized into Saturn) castrated his own father, hailing in the Golden Age with he and Rhea as king and queen of the world.
(I know, the myths aren't necessarily to be 100% congruent to astrological interpretation, I just like making these connections and pointing out the differences here)