View Single Post
Unread 01-25-2012, 03:41 AM

Send a message via MSN to kennedyrosewhith
Re: Sidereal vs tropical

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
The Images or 'constellations' may well be regarded by some as simply 'imaginary constructs' - nevertheless the stars themselves on which those 'Images' are based are as real as our sun and therefore clearly do have effect to astrology

Furthermore, a Tropical zodiac natal chart is composed of only 360 degrees but there are 365.25363 days in the solar year.

Therefore Tropical astrology cannot accurately state the position of the sun on any given day

Obviously, since a Sidereal zodiac natal chart is also composed of only 360 degrees but there are 365.25363 days in the solar year - then Sidereal astrological natal charts cannot accurately state the position of the sun on any given day either
I can't speak about sidereal, but tropical astrology does accurately state the position of the sun. It has to, or else after enough years, we'd have Aries starting in February instead of March. If you follow the position of the Sun in an ephemeris, it's not like it starts out the year at 10 degrees and 20 minutes of Capricorn, and then every day at the same time it's exactly one degree further. Every day, the Sun is one degree and a minute or two ahead of where it was 24 hours previously. I imagine over the year, this adds up to make up the extra 5 degrees or so.

I'm thinking sidereal works the same since it's the same Sun, but I don't study it so i don't want to say for sure.

EDIT: Actually, now that i'm scrolling through more pages of an ephemeris, it fluctuates. Some days it's a degree and a minute further, some days it's a degree and seconds further, some days it's at the next degree, but a minute behind what it was at the previous day, etc. Either way, my point still stands. Those degrees *have* to be made up at some point during the year.

Last edited by kennedyrosewhith; 01-25-2012 at 03:46 AM.