What is your Ascendant in your relocated chart and how does it influence you?

Lion o ness

You know I never really looked at mine.. I moved 3k miles away from my birth place when I was 6 years old... I have lived here since....

My relocation asc is in Aqua... Kinda makes sense I do have aqua qualities, but I also have Uranus in the 7th..

O god...... Since Aqua is my 1st it puts ALL my leo planets in my 7th.. geeezzz.... No wonder relationships are so important.

My Natal Uranus/Pluto moves to the 8th house :whistling::rolleyes:

MC in Scoprio, which also goes with Natal Pluto in the 7th...
5th cusp in Gem... lol Ok I admit to this one..

hummm gives me some things to think about... Im going to look into this more..

noideaaboutastro

If anybody can help me figure out what my IC, DC lines are being crossed by that would be good? Because so far I don't see any planets conjunct these? I think I've talked about this before but my IC is in Cancer here and yes I am very focused on family but I haven't felt very lucky in terms of friendship or relationships here.

Secretly seating here hoping somebody can suggest something to me:eek:. This place and I just ain't gellin'. Still. It's not looking for change any time soon either...

fushiafairy

born with virgo rising. Yes that suites me. but we didn't stay where I was born. Growing up I lived where I had leo rising. I was still very shy and very quiet, but i was more openly dramatic. I was also very involved in dance and music growing up. Especially music. When I left I stopped making music much.:sad: Although I have a leo moon, I stopped getting along with a lot of leo suns(especially men) after I left there. I haven't had one close leo friend since. And my exhusband I met while I lived there. He has a leo rising natally. After I moved here with him, I realized I didn't like that leo rising so much.
Here...I moved here at 20. I have a relocated ascendant of cancer. My moon moved to the first house. My cancer sun conjunct cancer saturn moved to the 12th house and are now conjunct my relocated ascendant...I was always moody and emotional. Plus I always had saturn conjunct my sun so I was always hardworking, serious, and melancholy. I do have more fun when I leave, but they may be because I am on vacation. I did become a mom young here, which I love and is the major focus of my life. Also I got into homesteading and growing my food and nutrition.
Seems like it has brought attention to energy I already had in my chart. Wonder what would happen if I moved somewhere completely different. I have no planets in Aquarius....that could be fun!!!!

FleetingDasein

Interestingly enough, my relocation ascendant is the same as my birth ascendant, just different degrees.

Caguas, PR: 29 Pisces
Toronto, On: 5 Pisces

So I'm still pretty much ruled by Neptune. :cool:

C0rnholio

Secretly seating here hoping somebody can suggest something to me:eek:. This place and I just ain't gellin'. Still. It's not looking for change any time soon either...
Well... you are asking a relocation question, but you are saying that you are not willing to move. How can anyone help you?

Here you do not have any strong aspects with your natal axes. If you do not consider your Virgo Moon inconjunct your relocated ascendant. But your natal axes are all in the "correct" signs and the planets are positioned fairly well.

If you move about 250 miles west, then your Pluto will move out of your 7th house and into your 8th house, which will be better for relationships.

If you move 1000 miles west (if that is at all possible), then your Saturn will be on the MC and Venus on the IC, which will activate your work life and home life even more.

Your issues with relationships may have nothing to do with the relocation. Your natal and also relocated DC are ruled by Venus, which is afflicted by Saturn and Uranus. You should read up on what you can do about this.

If you move about 2000 miles west, and your Moon will be on the DC. Then you will really want relationships. You will not be able to function well without them. It doesn't mean thought that you will have more luck, simply you will be needing relationships more than now.

noideaaboutastro

Well... you are asking a relocation question, but you are saying that you are not willing to move. How can anyone help you?

Here you do not have any strong aspects with your natal axes. If you do not consider your Virgo Moon inconjunct your relocated ascendant. But your natal axes are all in the "correct" signs and the planets are positioned fairly well.

If you move about 250 miles west, then your Pluto will move out of your 7th house and into your 8th house, which will be better for relationships.

If you move 1000 miles west (if that is at all possible), then your Saturn will be on the MC and Venus on the IC, which will activate your work life and home life even more.

Your issues with relationships may have nothing to do with the relocation. Your natal and also relocated DC are ruled by Venus, which is afflicted by Saturn and Uranus. You should read up on what you can do about this.

If you move about 2000 miles west, and your Moon will be on the DC. Then you will really want relationships. You will not be able to function well without them. It doesn't mean thought that you will have more luck, simply you will be needing relationships more than now.

Thanks C0rnholio!

Hmmm...where did I say I wasn't willing to move? I am more than willing to move, it is just that it would be hard to relocate, logistically speaking. I do not see where you have gotten the idea that you just voiced :annoyed:.

There is the possibility of moving to those areas that you mentioned, although I did not think that a Saturn MC could bring much luck - as far as I know Saturn isn't much of a joy bringer. Could you please tell me a bit more about what those relocations would mean? This is where I'm really struggling to grasp relocation astrology, I can't seem to get a "feel" about what sort of differences certain relocations would make.

I was actually thinking of moving somewhere that will change my Venus into 8th house, but one of those areas (the most likely) also puts Neptune on my MC, which I assume shall not be good for my career?

C0rnholio

This place and I just ain't gellin'. Still. It's not looking for change any time soon either...

Go to astro.com, resister if you haven't done so already, go to Free Horoscopes, AstroClick Travel. Click on the map and read:

Saturn/MC Line

With the position of Saturn in Midheaven you are required to deal with your professional and social ambitions. Your personal goals undergo a critical test. You may face difficulties if you have unrealistic expectations or if you have had a tendency in the past to omit and neglect certain parts of your duties.

You may be required to assume greater responsibility and increased performance. Here you are confronted with the situation to either fight completely for a cause or to yield under the pressure of your duties.

Your pride and strong ambition can attract powerful opponents but you meet such opposition with stoic serenity and unflinching firmness. Trusting in your own abilities, you make patience and time a prerequisite to all your endeavours, and this turns out in your favour.

In these regions, there is a good chance of coming closer to finding your true destiny. You divorce yourself from misleading illusions or false ideals, and focus your efforts on solving attending problems. Step by step, you make your long-term projects come true. You are generally admired for the way in which you complete tasks, for which you gain recognition and respect. You are seen as a public role model for independence and discipline.

Flowergirl

What are your experiences of the ascendant influence in relocation astrology?

Natally my ascendant is in Scorpio but where I've lived over 15 years it's in Aries - so a complete back flip on my personality.

My experiences have been confusing so far, just like yours. My natal ascendant is in Pisces and relocated ascendant in Gemini. How different can you get? :crying: It's so different that I've decided to give relocation astrology a rest for now and focus on learning other things.

noideaaboutastro

Go to astro.com, resister if you haven't done so already, go to Free Horoscopes, AstroClick Travel. Click on the map and read:

Saturn/MC Line

With the position of Saturn in Midheaven you are required to deal with your professional and social ambitions. Your personal goals undergo a critical test. You may face difficulties if you have unrealistic expectations or if you have had a tendency in the past to omit and neglect certain parts of your duties.

You may be required to assume greater responsibility and increased performance. Here you are confronted with the situation to either fight completely for a cause or to yield under the pressure of your duties.

Your pride and strong ambition can attract powerful opponents but you meet such opposition with stoic serenity and unflinching firmness. Trusting in your own abilities, you make patience and time a prerequisite to all your endeavours, and this turns out in your favour.

In these regions, there is a good chance of coming closer to finding your true destiny. You divorce yourself from misleading illusions or false ideals, and focus your efforts on solving attending problems. Step by step, you make your long-term projects come true. You are generally admired for the way in which you complete tasks, for which you gain recognition and respect. You are seen as a public role model for independence and discipline.

:eek:

Yeah, that sounds horrible. I think I may look for a place sun as Sun on my Asc or something.......something nice and cheery.

bittermoon

I am not really sure if I'm 'buying' this. My natal AC is Pisces. In 1997 I relocated to a place where my AC 'became' Sag. So what does that mean? I think, if anything, those changes are subtle, internal ones. I definitely did not 'become' a Sag rising.

After that, I lived in a place with Scorpio AC, and now I'm in a place with Cancer AC. Perhaps these last two are close enough to my Natal Pisces AC to not really notice the difference?

C0rnholio

:eek:

Yeah, that sounds horrible. I think I may look for a place sun as Sun on my Asc or something.......something nice and cheery.
Yeah, my place for this aspect is in Dakar in Africa, where they've been having war for the last decade or so.

Whatever your goals are. Saturn on the MC is still very good for professional success, but it does not over overnight and it does not come free.

Last edited:

C0rnholio

I am not really sure if I'm 'buying' this. My natal AC is Pisces. In 1997 I relocated to a place where my AC 'became' Sag. So what does that mean? I think, if anything, those changes are subtle, internal ones. I definitely did not 'become' a Sag rising.

After that, I lived in a place with Scorpio AC, and now I'm in a place with Cancer AC. Perhaps these last two are close enough to my Natal Pisces AC to not really notice the difference?
Often relocation chart is a very subtle thing. But sometimes it is blunt in your face. But your natal chart is still you main one. Also, you have to stay in one place for a while before you start noticing effects. That "for a while" varies, depending on who you ask.

bittermoon

Darfur :)

They also have the option of looking at the aspects. Makes it even more confusing.

I traveled a lot and I experienced places where I wanted to leave as soon as I arrived and also places where I instantly felt really good. I am in a 'good' place now (Melbourne) but there's no lines even close to me so it must be something else.

I like to play around with this, but I certainly wouldn't base a relocation decision on astrocartography.

bittermoon

Often relocation chart is a very subtle thing. But sometimes it is blunt in your face. But your natal chart is still you main one. Also, you have to stay in one place for a while before you start noticing effects. That "for a while" varies, depending on who you ask.

I lived in the Sag place for 12 years... but yeah, you could be right about the changes being subtle. Just because I have not experienced a drastic change in myself when I relocated does not mean it does not exist... however, I tend to believe things when I see/experience them for myself (Saturn opp. Jupiter, perhaps?!).

C0rnholio

I lived in the Sag place for 12 years... but yeah, you could be right about the changes being subtle. Just because I have not experienced a drastic change in myself when I relocated does not mean it does not exist... however, I tend to believe things when I see/experience them for myself (Saturn opp. Jupiter, perhaps?!).
Soft and favorable aspects are often unnoticed. I once lived in a place with Mars on my DC, and I almost had my asset kicked a few times during just the two months that I was there. I also traveled to a place with Uranus in my 6th house, and developed weird health issues. Where I am now the effects are not as obvious at first sight.

Thanks for the "How To" for getting a relocation chart...one quick question tho' - should I use my birth time in my birth time zone or use the birth time in the relocated zone?

I was born in London at 2.45 am GMT and I am interested in relocating to Melbourne so the time zone question is crucial!

Thanks!

C0rnholio

Thanks for the "How To" for getting a relocation chart...one quick question tho' - should I use my birth time in my birth time zone or use the birth time in the relocated zone?

I was born in London at 2.45 am GMT and I am interested in relocating to Melbourne so the time zone question is crucial!

Thanks!
You need to enter whatever time and day was in Melbourne at the moment that you were born in London. Astro.com will do it for you, if you figure out how it works. If you do it right, then your Ascendant will change, but your Moon (the fastest planet) will remain in the exact same degree of the same sign.