Why Do the Larger Population Areas Tend to Vote for the Democratic Candidates?

david starling

I had hopes the Trump administration would de-escalate the Federal "War on Drugs", since Trump once said that he was in favor of legalization as the only possible solution to the drug wars, and he did release cocaine dealers from Federal prisons. But, no such luck. Even marijuana use and possession is still a felony under Federal law.

waybread

Time for me to ask one question:

... why do democrat-run large metropolitan cities have the highest murder/manslaughter rates per population number?

This includes the top 10:

St.Louis
Baltimore
Detroit
New Orleans
Batoun Rouge

etc.

Some of these are also high in the list in other forms of crime such as robbery, assault, etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate

So why don't the good citizens of these cities vote Republican, presumably thereby stopping murders in their tracks?

Dirius

So why don't the good citizens of these cities vote Republican, presumably thereby stopping murders in their tracks?

You didn't answer my question, if democrats are better at running cities, why do democrats have such a hard time handling these issues?

CapAquaPis

The US Democratic party are historically focused on underprivileged groups in society, historically they were based in the Southeastern USA until the 1930s-60s when the party began to focus first on Jewish and Catholic voters and then African-American and Latino voters. The party's agenda is to increase social and political equality of all groups of people who don't have lots of money, power or privilege. I'm aware the GOP under Abraham Lincoln during the civil war was an abolitionist party, but the problem was their conservatism and their willingness to turn against the concept of social and political equality has brought in many white, rural and traditional voters, esp. in the Southern states to be Republican majority in the past half century after the Civil Rights Movement ended (1970).

CapAquaPis

One thing to check out with counties, as well, as how many voters (not residents, voters) are actually suburban. Have a look. https://www.tulsacounty.org/Tulsacounty/default.aspx

But it's nice to see you looking up data, Dirius.

I have maternal relatives in Tulsa OK who briefly lived in southern CA, my aunt has morphed into a Trump supporter and said some racially charged comments about blacks, immigrants (i.e. Mexican, Arab and Chinese), and even her own Native Americans since my grandpa is originally from Osage county, he came to CA as a child in the 1930s to Kern county and then in WW2, he moved to L.A. where he met my grandma, married and had my Mom, he moved "back" to his home state half a century ago and my aunt became a conservative Republican, but my grandpa was a strong Democrat, an admirer of FDR and Harry Truman when he was a Marine in the Pacific theater of WW2 and later the Korean war.

Tulsa has to be the most reddest place in America, unless the Mormon majority Provo UT and "Nixon-Reagan-Bush country" Orange county CA (I doubt this if they are a coastal location) are more conservative and majority Republican. The reason why Donald Trump held his disastrous rally in Tulsa after 3 months of suspending all rallies during the pandemic, he knew the center of the Bible belt is a hotbed of his kind of following. My aunt is not an Evangelical-Protestant-Christian anymore, she opposes televangelists and religious fundamentalism, what made her a Trump supporter has a lot to do with race relations and her reaction against rising multicultural diversity in the city and county she lives in.

Dirius

The party's agenda is to increase social and political equality of all groups of people who don't have lots of money, power or privilege.

If this is true, how is it that democrat politicians and donors are mega rich, while the average democrat voter is middle-class/poor.

This "social equality" agenda has existed (at least) since the 1960, perhaps more - 6 decades from where we are now.

Yet people like Nancy Pelosi are mega rich, while her voter's and district are extremely poor.

Is it possible this "social conscience" is a facade to rip off the public?

Why do senators earn $250.000 per year (+benefits and free stuff) on taxpayer money - while the average democrat voter earns about 15 times less (or much more less) than that?

Last edited:

waybread

You didn't answer my question, if democrats are better at running cities, why do democrats have such a hard time handling these issues?

Where did I say that "[D]emocrats are better at running cities?

That was David's point, not mine.

The salient question is, why do a majority of urban voters typically vote Democratic?

Or put differently, why haven't Republicans convinced more urban voters to elect them?

david starling

Where did I say that "[D]emocrats are better at running cities?

That was David's point, not mine.

The salient question is, why do a majority of urban voters typically vote Democratic?

Or put differently, why haven't Republicans convinced more urban voters to elect them?

Because Democrats are better at running large cities, and the voters know it.

david starling

Depends on the person.

The populism from the democrats can feel very tempting, but not everyone wants or needs it.

It's not the populism you're blaming the Democrats for, it's the inevitable crime and violence that's the result of the War on (citizens who use and/or sell) Drugs.

Hey, it's a War. What else would be expected?

Republicans are just as much, if not more, to blame for that as Democrats.

Last edited:

blackbery

The Democratic Party used to be the party of slavery. After a major shift in political ideology, they became the party of the minorities & the poor & were a beacon of light. That's all changed now & there's not much difference in ideology with the two parties. The black voters overwhelmingly still vote 90% Democrat but it's changing slowly. Even if Trump peels away 10% of the Democratic vote, they lose. The Democrats cannot win without the black vote but many black people are leaving what they call the Democratic Plantation.
The DNC have not improved the lives of any minority, that's why Trump received a large chunk of the Jewish & other minority votes. I never was a Trump supporter until the riots started & I noticed the Democrats didn't speak out against it but Trump did. He has my vote on this issue alone. I know others from minority groups that will be voting for him this time around.

Many Democrats don't support the Left Wing take-over of the party. They've gone too far in denying the violence & the destruction of the mobs; they've gone too far in supporting Radical Ideas like de-funding the police, allowing gun violence to continue in the major cities for decades and smearing all Republicans as white, rich racists Many working class, blue-collar voted for Trump & will again. They are not the typicial RNC voter.

He's now gaining support from Indian Americans who typical vote Democrat.
They don't like the Biden-Left Radical Extremist Agenda.

Trump Victory Indian American Finance Committee says mass defections from traditional Democratic supporters may prove decisive in November poll.

An Indian American group supporting President Donald Trump believes tens of thousands of voters from the community would defect from Democrats in the 2020 presidential race to help him get re-elected.

Citing Trump’s “Howdy Modi” and “Namaste Trump” rallies with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Houston and Ahmedabad, India, Mason said, “In many ways, the US-India relationship has never been stronger.’’

“Indian American communities in the United States largely credit Trump for deepening the ties between the two countries,” he wrote.

https://www.americanbazaaronline.co...ory-indian-american-finance-committee-441981/

How Black America Can Make Its Second Escape from the Democrat Plantation.

The US Democratic party are historically focused on underprivileged groups in society, historically they were based in the Southeastern USA until the 1930s-60s when the party began to focus first on Jewish and Catholic voters and then African-American and Latino voters. The party's agenda is to increase social and political equality of all groups of people who don't have lots of money, power or privilege. I'm aware the GOP under Abraham Lincoln during the civil war was an abolitionist party, but the problem was their conservatism and their willingness to turn against the concept of social and political equality has brought in many white, rural and traditional voters, esp. in the Southern states to be Republican majority in the past half century after the Civil Rights Movement ended (1970).

Last edited:

blackbery

The gang-bangers are destroying the cities, why can't you admit that?

50-100 shot by black gangstas every weekend in Baltimore, Chicago & other Democrat-led cities. Most survive thanks to modern medicine but the violence is out of control & the Democratic Party won't do anything about it.:andy:

Democrats Control America’s Most Dangerous Cities. So Why Do They Keep Passing the Buck on Gun Crime?

A good start would come from engaging in an honest discussion of the daily criminal carnage playing out in the cities controlled by their own party. Preventing the deaths of today’s black youth would do a lot more good than dwelling on a racist past whose evils can never be undone.

It's not the populism you're blaming the Democrats for, it's the inevitable crime and violence that's the result of the War on (citizens who use and/or sell) Drugs.

Hey, it's a War. What else would be expected?

Republicans are just as much, if not more, to blame for that as Democrats.

david starling

The gang-bangers are destroying the cities, why can't you admit that?

50-100 shot by black gangstas every weekend in Baltimore, Chicago & other Democrat-led cities. Most survive thanks to modern medicine but the violence is out of control & the Democratic Party won't do anything about it.:andy:

Democrats Control America’s Most Dangerous Cities. So Why Do They Keep Passing the Buck on Gun Crime?

A good start would come from engaging in an honest discussion of the daily criminal carnage playing out in the cities controlled by their own party. Preventing the deaths of today’s black youth would do a lot more good than dwelling on a racist past whose evils can never be undone.

An honest discussion about the so-called 'War on Drugs" appears to be impossible. Just admit it: No "War on Drugs"=no gang-bangers.

Dirius

An honest discussion about the so-called 'War on Drugs" appears to be impossible. Just admit it: No "War on Drugs"=no gang-bangers.

Not really - criminals are always going to commit criminal acts, whether you end the war on drugs or not, doesn't change who they are.

Criminals would simply change into another more suitable activity.

For example, human traffick.

By your own logic should prostitution be legalized? human traffick? robbery? rape? I don't think so.

blackbery

So you condone the selling of crack, coke, meth, heroin, fentanyl as that will mean no more gang violence? :andy::sideways::sick:

See what I mean. Democrats won't even admit that gang-banging is the biggest problem in the urban cities today. They allow it to continue decade after decade without trying to eradicate it like Guiliani and Bloomberg did in NY.

It's the women, children & other young black males that are dying & suffering as the result of the Do-Nothing Democratic Mayors.

david starling

Not really - criminals are always going to commit criminal acts, whether you end the war on drugs or not, doesn't change who they are.

Criminals would simply change into another more suitable activity.

For example, human traffick.

By your own logic should prostitution be legalized? human traffick? robbery? rape? I don't think so.

When's the last time there was a drive-by shooting involving the use and sale of ALCOHOL??? Ever heard of PROHIBITION???

Prostitution CAN be voluntary, so that's in another category.

But murder, rape, robberies and burglary are ALL DIRECTLY RELATED to the "WAR ON DRUGS".

Human trafficking is a separate problem, which is EXACERBATED, although NOT CAUSED, by the "WAR ON DRUGS".

Last edited:

david starling

Dirius, here I thought you had at least SOME Libertarian viewpoints. What about supply-and-demand? If a drug, INCLUDING alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine, is in demand, why, in your opinion, can't adults use it, buy it and sell it for a profit? Aren't you a free-market capitalist?

Last edited: