The Saturn-Uranus Opposition: Opening A New Era Into The 2010s

Are You Prepared for the Saturn-Uranus Opposition?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blueheron

Theo said:
I do feel empathy for baby boomers, more than you know with what is just ahead for this generation and their transits in the 2010s. However, I do have views as well. I am not a robot. You shouldn't confuse my objective astrological predictive work with me being non-human, or non-feeling about what I see happening ~ to all generations, including the baby boomers.

My problem with the generation as a whole has been their many failures to respect younger generations behind them, and the boomers' denial of aging, at the expense of other generations. This is very serious, and has not been addressed honestly by the boomer generation.

The Saturn-Uranus opposition will expose to the surface what the entire boomer generation has not been facing ~ the need to change in this new century. The ways of the 20th century are coming to an end, and a new generation is rising to lead, and Uranus is forcing boomers to realize that times are indeed changing... again.

I have been very aware of the need for boomers to face their aging, and to come clean about the denial of aging that is affecting all generations in these challenging times. It is essential that baby boomers face up to the music and confront the denial of what has been going on within their generation for decades, and to not weigh down the younger generation with massive debt and the unresolved issues that the baby boomer generation has failed to address. This is very important, and time is running out...

Oh... this is rubbing me the wrong way... very wrong way. Younger generations take for granted the personal freedoms for which we fought and many of us didn't make it. Before the 60s, people were so conformist and conventional even the use of the word "sex" was taboo. The boomers blasted these walls of consensual conformity with so many holes they came tumbling down. It wasn't easy. Many were disowned by their families, many had to run on empty throughout the 60s and the 70s.

Some boomers went back into society, and became mainstream members. Others did not, and remained anti-establishment. Today, these remnants are called "creative culturalists" by sociologists, and "extreme counter-culture," by Mainstream Media.

So, don't lump the boomers all into one batch, and don't criticize what you can't understand. We're not in diapers yet.

Theo

Banned
blueheron said:
Oh... this is rubbing me the wrong way... very wrong way. Younger generations take for granted the personal freedoms for which we fought and many of us didn't make it. Before the 60s, people were so conformist and conventional even the use of the word "sex" was taboo. The boomers blasted these walls of consensual conformity with so many holes they came tumbling down. It wasn't easy. Many were disowned by their families, many had to run on empty throughout the 60s and the 70s.

Some boomers went back into society, and became mainstream members. Others did not, and remained anti-establishment. Today, these remnants are called "creative culturalists" by sociologists, and "extreme counter-culture," by Mainstream Media.

So, don't lump the boomers all into one batch, and don't criticize what you can't understand. We're not in diapers yet.

I understand it very well. I've observed Baby Boomers all of my life, and know this generation very well indeed. You may say it "rubs you the wrong way" but that is your personal choice. When I write about Baby Boomers, I write about them as a generation, which is appropriate, and I am not the only one that has this observation of this generation's denial of aging. The facts are there, and will be exposed in the next decade under the coming world transits. For boomers who are in denial about becoming senior citizens, the 2010s will be a very rude wake-up call, hence, my warning about the world transits of that time to come. The baby boomers that do "get it" had better be making preparations for the transits of the 2010s, because as a generation, they are getting older, and those who've been in denial about aging will not do well in the 2010s ~ not with those global transits.

Regarding "personal freedoms" ~ the boomers of the 1960s were not the first to fight for these freedoms. The Civil rights era was not started by Baby Boomers, but fought by African-Americans of an earlier generation. It was only the Vietnam War, and general military conscription that activated the protests of baby boomers against that war.

Prior to this, very few boomers were a part of the civil rights movement, which African-Americans had shed blood for decades building and participating in before the heightening of the Vietnam War by the late 1960s. American history is full of earlier generations that suffered even more than Boomers, who, as a generation, have had the best of all things in life than any other generation on the face of this planet.

The boomers' effect was on popular culture, and this was a result of pure numbers, since 77+ million U.S. boomers, who paid attention to anything in high numbers, sex, drugs, rock-n-roll, the Beatles, the Stones, designer jeans, disco, etc., transformed popular culture mainly because millions of boomers simply followed their own generation's trends. This, of course had its downsides too, as boomers turned their attention to other, more important areas, like government, banking, Wall Street, insurance, the dot.coms, and real estate, and we all know just how wonderful these areas are doing right now.

As for the younger generation, you must be talking about the generation that has observed baby boomers all of their lives, and this would be Generation X, as any one younger than 35 would not have the context to make observations on the boomer generation; moreover, many of those younger are actually the children of baby boomers themselves, and so would not have the experience of knowing what it was like in the late 1960s, 1970s, or 1980s.

Last edited:

flea

All life is shades of grey, the baby boomers took us through majpr change and to some extent the separation of community in order to loose the chains of conformity. People tend to live insular lives, that old sense of community is not as strong as it was yet we have more freedoms. There are now small pockets of people wanting to re-engage in community life, to remeber the art of living in community without the heavy dependence on central organisations, such as corporations and governments.

Maybe the "failures" that Theo talks about are more to do with the consumerist bubble and the neglect of the myriad ways in which we live. This is also a lesson we all have to learn, the excesses of Jupiter can cause more waste and desertion than saturn with its steady slow building of form.

We are all here learning about life the good and the bad. Each generation has its black white and greys. Not all good not all bad, mostly grey and not better or worse than anyother.

I strive to move beyond judgment that is duality, and move to a more creative more of judgment that looks at all as experiment, to learn how to work better with this essence we call life.

I have moved into tertiary teaching just as the uranus neptune generation arrived at that place. I have been blessed to see how open and generous there are, and appreciative of the support whereby they can be more of who they truely are. Maybe it is a self possession that I admire (sat pisces in 10 here). There is an awareness of what they will change.

I also have a sense that the revolutions and transformations of the 60's will be paled by those to come. Not saying the 60's were any less or any more. But the uranus square pluto transits will come in a time when people born with pluto uranus conjunct are in positions of influence. I do wonder about what the earth herself will say about the continuing growth of her desecration. We talk about enviro stuff yet the sad fact is the pact of destruction is increasing.

jen

Awakened_Pisces

In truth, we will not move forward. We will not move forward until we accept our differences. I don't just speak of the obvious differences. I mean, our different capabilities. And the different sights that we bring as generationers. Whether it be the Baby Boomers. Or Generation X. Or even Generation Y.

All of these different views can come together in a positive light, and we as a human race can evolve and move forward and live longer. And the one to help bring that about is the Generation X leader, Barack Obama.

Theo

Banned
blueheron said:
Well, it's very clear that you were not there, and however much you may think you know... you were not there.

And just where is "there?" You know, I've heard older boomers say the same thing to younger boomers back in the day. It was considered rude, since by a person stating "that you were not there" assumes that "there" is somewhere that is better (and where you say you were) than "where" the other (who you say was not there) happens to be. Just what does that mean, I was not there? I certainly remember being alive at the time, and being there, so, just how would you know I was not?

Awakened_Pisces

No, he isn't implying that the time that he existed in was better then this one. What he's implying is that because you didn't "exist" in that time, you don't know their struggles. Of course, as you've said that he was wrong and that you did in fact exist at that time.

For these people, existing during those hard fought times. They constantly want to be admired for the production. For the change that they've brought about. Little do these limited vision people know, that they've been admired. They were admired during their time and they are admired now.

However, as the times changed. Their limited vision was exposed. And much to our harm they continued to make decisions, and continue to imply that they are right. When they don't realize that they were right only during a certain time. It's not their fault. It is a limitation bestowed upon them that they could not work around or recognize.

What is most harmful about the Baby Boomers generation, is how they continue to undermine other generations. Such as Generation X. and Generation Y. They are unwilling to give the controls to their offsprings. Not just because of "age". But because of desire. They still want to be admired. If other people are making the decisions, and creating the change. They won't be admired anymore.

The truth is Theo, the Baby Boomers Generation was a generation of greedy, corrupted people who had a vision as limited as their own ideals. Perhaps God the Creator foresaw this. That is why Barack Obama is the President of the US. Perhaps that is why as you've mentioned, the Generation Y kids have a Uranus-Neptune conjunction in Capricorn. Perhaps he created these generations to off-set the balance.

Last edited:

eedwards

blueheron said:

BlueHeron, you have every right to be upset by all of this. I am amazed that some people on this board constantly blame everything on racism and go on to preach love and acceptance. They then turn around and point fingers\blame the state of affairs on the baby boomers!

Some of the baby boomers have done terrible things but everything that is terrible has not been done by a boomer. It is also quite upsetting to lump a whole generation under a title such as "boomers" or "generation X", etc.. It is dehumanizing. It is easier to place blame on a title. My mother is a baby boomer...would I blame her for the state of things in our world? Absolutely not. We need to remove these "titles" and "labels" and realize that the generation was made up of individuals...our mothers, fathers and grandparents. It is quite different when we bring human back into the equation.

There will be horrible things that will happen in the future due to INDIVIDUALS from "generation x" and "generation y" as well. They will also have the same "ME" mentality as some of the INDIVIDUALS who were in power as a "boomer." We can not place blame on a generation but we must hold individuals accountable for their personal actions.

If you have not heard of it read "The Boomer Bible" by R.F. Laird. I consider this book to be one of the greatest pieces of literature in the last century. I also have suspicions that some members have read this book and have been "swayed" by the writings. The book will cause a lot of anger in many people but the true brilliance is in the ending. The whole blame game and anger that the book builds up is suddenly turned on the reader. Genius...and ironic. I don't believe that everyone who has read the book understands the true message. I do know that a lot of the blame towards the boomers on this board has been taken almost word for word from the book.

Awakened_Pisces

No, I haven't read nor heard of the book. I just recall my experiences with my so called "superiors" who said, as he said that I didn't "experience" it, therefore I am some helpless child to be fed. This "stature" that they give me will exist so long as they want their attention.

blueheron

Theo said:
And just where is "there?" You know, I've heard older boomers say the same thing to younger boomers back in the day. It was considered rude, since by a person stating "that you were not there" assumes that "there" is somewhere that is better (and where you say you were) than "where" the other (who you say was not there) happens to be. Just what does that mean, I was not there? I certainly remember being alive at the time, and being there, so, just how would you know I was not?

"There" isn't a physical place. "There is an emotional place, a spiritual place, a gut-wrenching place. I will never forget the pain, nor the way it altered the rest of my life. Walk in the boomer shoes first... then see if the critical perspective still holds.

On the other hand, Theo, we were merciless in our criticism of the WII generation. So, maybe these boomer punches are karmically due.

Guilty.jpg

In any event, I'm still here, fighting the same old fight, and there are other boomers who have not sold out, and have a lot of experience to offer.

Don't toss the baby out with the bathwater, is all I'm saying, as well as, please understand that it was serious hell during those years.

eedwards

Confusedpisces said:
No, I haven't read nor heard of the book. I just recall my experiences with my so called "superiors" who said, as he said that I didn't "experience" it, therefore I am some helpless child to be fed. This "stature" that they give me will exist so long as they want their attention.

We can not have "superiors" unless we give them that power. We also do not have to accept "statures" from others if we refuse to give power to others who impose them.

I assume that this person was from the boomer generation? If so, do we blame the individual for his actions or the entire boomer generation? What if this person was from "generation x"?

Racism is extremely wrong. Is discrimination against an individual or generation any better? I am from "generation x" and I certainly don't blame anything on the generations before me.

I accept that I am here due to the choices that I have made in my life. If I am unhappy it is because of the wrong choices that I have made and is in no way a reflection of my forefathers. I have learned to "fix" what is wrong...if I am not happy...and make choices and decisions to make it better. It is too easy to point the finger at the boomers, (or anything for that matter), for my unhappiness. I would then become stagnant and refuse to change as I would not have the power to do so...after all "they" made me who I am and "they" are the only ones who have the power to make it better.

Lapis

It's obvious from what some of you have said here that you haven't a deeper level clue as to who many, not all of course, but many of the Baby Boomers really are and what they really did in the 1960s and are still doing today...not that it matters one tiny little bit. Also, just how do you think that Obama was able to be the President NOW anyway? But please, carry on. :D

By the way...how old are you Theo?

Last edited:

eedwards

Lapis said:
It's obvious from what some of you have said here that you haven't a deeper level clue as to who many, not all of course, but many of the Baby Boomers really are and what they really did in the 1960s and are still doing today...not that it matters one tiny little bit. Also, just how do you think that Obama was able to be the President NOW anyway? quote]

Exactly! Thank you Lapis...

flea

this conversation is a mirror of the uranus saturn energies for me.......I love the way some conversations directly parallel the aspects of astrology we are discussing. So tuned, and I was about to complain we were going off topic and then I caught myself and well, drama is more fun than straight facts so cool....All power to us all individually.

FleaXX

Theo

Banned
Generational Change

Lapis said:
It's obvious from what some of you have said here that you haven't a deeper level clue as to who many, not all of course, but many of the Baby Boomers really are and what they really did in the 1960s and are still doing today...not that it matters one tiny little bit. Also, just how do you think that Obama was able to be the President NOW anyway? But please, carry on. :D

By the way...how old are you Theo?

Old enough to know what it is that I am saying Lapis. I've been a keen observer of the baby boomer generation for a long time, and my observations are neither flippant, nor in error. I am very much aware, and versed in what is happening on the generational level, and my eyes have always been open.

The world transits and those just ahead:

Saturn oppose Uranus
Pluto entering Capricorn
Saturn square Pluto
Jupiter oppose Saturn
Jupiter square Pluto
Uranus square Pluto
Neptune in Pisces

I have been warning the baby boomer generation to look ahead ~ not back ~ for some years now. What I've seen about this particular generation is that, as a whole generation, they have to moving towards the future with their backs turned. Nothing more than exemplifies this than the falling apart of the world economic health with the collapse of Wall Street, and the complete mess the world is in right now under the leadership of the baby boomer generation. This is not my opinion, nor something I've ever wanted to see, but I do not hide from the truths of the matter, and frankly, considering the world transits to come, it will get worse before it gets better, and that will happen under the leadership fo Generation X ~ not the Boomer generation.

The baby boomer generation has failed to live up to their own philosophies, and they know it too. It is a failure of faith, honesty and vision. This generation, with its obsession with "looking young" and being "young" ~ "70 is the new 50" and "60 is the new 40," and all that junk of "living forever," "eternal youth" with its generational and highly negative and cynical behavior and the massive, and outragous misuse of wealth along with fighting constantly confrontational battles of the late 20th century while ignoring the future ~ has GREATLY mortgaged the future of other generations ~ including that of their own children and their grandchildren. It is unforgivable and some boomers already have stated this while others continue to attempt to not face this truth.

Look at what is happening: nearly every economist is making references to "FDR" and the "Great Depression" in this first decade of the 21st century. There is a estimated loss of over $100 TRILLION worldwide, with cities, states, and whole countries seeing their entire economies shrink with millions of losses in jobs, the collapse of the investment banking industry on Wall Street, the destroyed industrial bases, the failed and backrupted commercial banks, the freezing of credit, the failing companies, and huge amounts of foreclosures forcing families out of their homes with housing prices collapsing. We have critical infrastructures falling apart, bridges, roads, public schools failing on a wide scale, students unprepared for new occupations, and a destroyed healthcare system.

USA in Recession
Japan in Recession
France in Recession
Germany in Recession
Iceland in Recession
Asia in Recession
Europe in Recession

Just where is the success of the Baby Boomer generation?

This is a time of major generational change ~ and it is time for the boomer generation to move on ~ and global transits will certainly make this happen ~ because it is happening right now.

Moreover, I do not subscribe to some of those who would like to close eyes to the truths emerging about the boomer generation at this time, because I find that ignorant. It closes off the light from what has gone down, and makes a mockery out of what the Baby Boomer movement called for as a "generation for positive change" for decades, but failed misrably to deliver once they were in power as a generation. This power has been used by the generation to horde and destroy wealth, and to maintain a "status quo" while helping to do little to nothing to upgrade and progress every area of public and private institutions and society to safeguard the future.

Rather, the boomer generation has failed miserably to progress the world into this new century, and now, the world is looking more like the mid-20th century, than the 21st century. Just where did all that excitement of the year 2000 go when boomers celebrated the 21st century as their time to effect change since they've been in power since the mid-1990s?

I am very saddened by this, and know boomers who are also upset by their generation's destruction of nearly every area of public and private life in this country and others. Look around, and you will see the nearly every public and private organization that has been controlled, led, and managed by boomers ~ from education, to economics, to government, etc., is in horrible shape.

For the boomer generation, time is running short because of the coming transits of the 2010s. I have been trying to help some of my baby boomer clients to open their eyes, and to prepare for their retirements so they can survive, rather than to fall prey to the world transits of the 2010s, which will be very hard on this generation.

It is ESSENTIAL for Baby Boomers who have not been totally taken in by the "70 is the new 50" propaganda, and who want to have a healthy, safe life as senior citizens, and clearly recognize the generational shift that has begun, to take charge of their lives to put into place those things they will require in their senior years that their own generation has failed to do over the last 15-25 years.

All of this has to be accomplished within a short 3-4 years, and there will simply not be enough time; therefore, those who are aware of the global transits of the 2010s as they apply to the boomer generation, must begin to end the fantasy of "eternal youth" and get real ~ this generation will grow older, as every other generation of the past has, and it will not be all roses; especially in this current and coming global economic climate.

Last edited:

flea

Re: Generational Change

Just a quick one which has some relevance I think to this thread. I was talking to a palm reader yesterday. They can be quite interesting esp the older ones who have seen thousands of palms as they see changes to many hands at certain times. between the thumb and fore finger there is a fleshy bit of palm that is indicating many many people are angry with the world as it is today. I mention it becasue it is very much what this thread is about. Last year I spoke to another palm reader who was quite exaserbated by all the complicated pamls he was reading, he was lamenting the passign of the straightforward life palm.

FleaXX

skywatcher1221

eedwards said:
BlueHeron, you have every right to be upset by all of this. I am amazed that some people on this board constantly blame everything on racism and go on to preach love and acceptance. They then turn around and point fingers\blame the state of affairs on the baby boomers!

If you have not heard of it read "The Boomer Bible" by R.F. Laird. I consider this book to be one of the greatest pieces of literature in the last century. I also have suspicions that some members have read this book and have been "swayed" by the writings. . . . I do know that a lot of the blame towards the boomers on this board has been taken almost word for word from the book.

And used without quotation marks? Shame on them! :38:

Theo

Banned
eedwards said:

Some of the baby boomers have done terrible things but everything that is terrible has not been done by a boomer. It is also quite upsetting to lump a whole generation under a title such as "boomers" or "generation X", etc.. It is dehumanizing. It is easier to place blame on a title. My mother is a baby boomer...would I blame her for the state of things in our world? Absolutely not. We need to remove these "titles" and "labels" and realize that the generation was made up of individuals...our mothers, fathers and grandparents. It is quite different when we bring human back into the equation.

There will be horrible things that will happen in the future due to INDIVIDUALS from "generation x" and "generation y" as well. They will also have the same "ME" mentality as some of the INDIVIDUALS who were in power as a "boomer." We can not place blame on a generation but we must hold individuals accountable for their personal actions.

If you have not heard of it read "The Boomer Bible" by R.F. Laird. I consider this book to be one of the greatest pieces of literature in the last century. I also have suspicions that some members have read this book and have been "swayed" by the writings. The book will cause a lot of anger in many people but the true brilliance is in the ending. The whole blame game and anger that the book builds up is suddenly turned on the reader. Genius...and ironic. I don't believe that everyone who has read the book understands the true message. I do know that a lot of the blame towards the boomers on this board has been taken almost word for word from the book.

I've never heard of the "Boomer Bible" Eedwards, however, I do know what is going on with this generation, and what is to come for them as well in the next decade, and it isn't pretty. Much of the serious problems facing the world now is a result of this generation's excesses, which is something you will notice about the boomer generation throughout it's history: excess.

Setting "blame" does not mean it is not always valid. Sometimes it is, and other times it is not. In this case, it is fully valid. There are many people talking about this, and they are angry, including members of the Baby Boomer generation who've said they are ashamed of the immense problems and huge debts they are leaving the younger generations.

The word 'blame" is another misnomer that been used by some boomers when these problems are addressed. It's been noted some years ago, and crops up everytime anyone brings the Boomer excesses out into the open.

See ~ http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-op-daum25-2008may25,0,4227776.story

Generation X will come into leadership roles having to spend more than 80% of their time and energy cleaning up after the HUGE mess left after the excesses of the post-WWII generation. This is a fact. It isn't "bashing" and it sure is not wanted, but the truth is there, and it is sad, and makes many people angry, as they should rightly be.

I am always surprised at the audacity of some to not want to assign "blame" as if it is a bad thing. If we do not when it is called for, then just how are we in the future to know the difference? This is part of the propaganda of negative boomer generational blindness, as if all things are ok if one can just avoid blame when it comes to them, and label it the "blame game" as easily as some in the generation uses the term "race card" when trying to evade their responsibilities of racism. I've never seen a race card, what does it look like? This is another of the boomer terms that was created to evade responsibility, while demanding that others do so when it comes to the boomer generation getting their attention.

The reason why it is very important to face this now is because of the coming global transits of the 2010s. If this is not faced, in 2009, and by 2010the anger at the mess and the forthcoming revelations of what the Boomer generation has left the world will grow and will become locked in the upcoming Uranus/Pluto square that lasts most of the next decade.

The way to neutralize this is to open up with sunshine and truth, and to seek ways to end the pressures of the lies, and the propaganda. We have to give future generations a fighting chance, and the baby boomers have run wild, and consumed everything to the point of leaving nearly nothing behind but MASSIVE DEBTS and multiple failing institutions behind them. Sunshine on these matters must come forth. If this is not done, then boomers surely will see "reality TV" expressed directly in their own households, in their own streets, and it will not be pretty.

No one is "bashing" boomers here; that is not what this is about, and to presume that it is means that one continues to evade the truths of the matter of this generational problem. It is huge, and will be faced, one way or another. The sooner better than later, seeing the global transits just ahead.

Last edited:

blueheron

Theo said:
Setting "blame" does not mean it is not always valid. Sometimes it is, and other times it is not. In this case, it is fully valid. There are many people talking about this, and they are angry, including members of the Baby Boomer generation who've said they are ashamed of the immense problems and huge debts they are leaving the younger generations.

Generation X will come into leadership roles having to spend more than 80% of their time and energy cleaning up after the HUGE mess left after the excesses of the post-WWII generation. This is a fact. It isn't "bashing" and it sure is not wanted, but the truth is there, and it is sad, and makes many people angry, as they should rightly be.

There you go again, dumping it on the "all" boomers. The elite have been in "control" at least since 1913 in this country. We were born into their many attempts at world domination. We did what we did to bash it in as many ways as we could. And it hurt.

Trying to be nice isn't working with you Theo, so... try this one: ... you don't know what you're talking about. You think you do, but you do not. You have fragments of truth here and there. But you've missed the overall.

And you're here, talking about these things precisely because we were "bashing boomers," and you're failing to understand how close this country came to a full on militant revolution in the 70s. If Nixon hadn't pulled out of Saigon when he did in a very messy evacuation, you would not be writing anything at all. And that deployment operation took place precisely due to the constant pounding protesting of the boomers. Humble down Theo, humble down. It's good for your character.

That consumerism took a strong hold during the 80s is tragic. But it's hardly the single factor that has led us into the current mess, and not confined to a single generation, nor to the effects of any single generation.

Getting back to Uranus opposition Saturn... which took place during the Roaring 20s, and now returns, it is clear that there is going to be a lot more (unexpected) upsets in the status quo.

Last edited: