12th house is the 1st house

Arijana

I had an ex boyfriend of mine who was a brilliant astrologer, a brilliant one. U could say one physical detail about yourself and get give you your whole natal chart in detail just like that. Anywho,he had a theory he recently developed, about reading the 12th house like the 1st house,the 11th like the 2nd etc. everything reversed...He had many explanations as to why he did so but back then I was kind of oblivious to astrology and didnt really understand what he said but one of reasons were that he viewed every house from 1st to the 6th as '' below the sun ''', so as the sun rises it rises from the west the 1st would be the 12th ( subconcious ,dreams) and as the sun rays go up you begin to awake ( going to the first house , which would be the 12th ) since from the 12th to the 7th is ''above the horizon,in view of the sun '' .
He gave scary truthful interpretations using this method,so I thought it would be interesting for people to read their charts upside down. Maybe there was something that wil make perfect sense but before u couldnt just put your finger on it?

Give it a go:biggrin:

Claire19

I had an ex boyfriend of mine who was a brilliant astrologer, a brilliant one. U could say one physical detail about yourself and get give you your whole natal chart in detail just like that. Anywho,he had a theory he recently developed, about reading the 12th house like the 1st house,the 11th like the 2nd etc. everything reversed...He had many explanations as to why he did so but back then I was kind of oblivious to astrology and didnt really understand what he said but one of reasons were that he viewed every house from 1st to the 6th as '' below the sun ''', so as the sun rises it rises from the west the 1st would be the 12th ( subconcious ,dreams) and as the sun rays go up you begin to awake ( going to the first house , which would be the 12th ) since from the 12th to the 7th is ''above the horizon,in view of the sun '' .
He gave scary truthful interpretations using this method,so I thought it would be interesting for people to read their charts upside down. Maybe there was something that wil make perfect sense but before u couldnt just put your finger on it?

I have and it doesnt work. Many have tried that also... THe basic principles remain.... He was using some other techniques I would suggest... My Sun for instance is below the horizon in my chart for instance. Just jesting on that one....Changing the house cusps and rulerships is not sound, time of birth is crucial for the 1st house cusp and the tone of the whole chart..

Mark

Well, I have heard of an idea that may or may not make sense out of it. Essentially, the idea is that the whole world is evolving "back to the Garden." If that is the case, then perhaps an individual's chart could be thought of as a "count down" rather than a "count up." In that scenario, the birth chart could be treated as the person's state of development at death, rather than at birth, and so progressing forward in time from birth would be analogous to regressing backward through time from death. It seems this reasoning would be most useful in progressions, transits, and other measurements which depend on the passing of time. As for reversing the house order, I have no idea how to make that work, although there may still be a way.

this idea is quite common practise. If you want to see/describe your marriage partner you put your 7th house as Asc and read the planets in the houses, would describe your partner...

What most books don’t tell you is that the Seventh House rules the First marriage. If there is another marriage, it is shown by the Ninth House. How about a third marriage? A description of your third marriage (if any) is found in your Eleventh House. You see how this works? Start with the 7th House as the 1st marriage and go counterclockwise around the wheel, skipping every other house, to see all other marriages. Some people (like Elizabeth Taylor who has eight marriages) have to go completely around the wheel!
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/AngularHouses.htm