View Single Post
Unread 08-14-2017, 04:10 PM

Re: Critical degrees- 29 degree planets

I'm not sure these degree markers are "nothing like" each other, as the wheel is cyclical. Like the Fool and the World in tarot, these markers herald the cyclical nature of lifetimes. The late markers and beginning markers represent the beginning and end and blending of energies and worlds, whether those worlds and knowledge are accessible (to the rational, knowing, "grounded-in-this-lifetime") mind or not. Also, Pisces carries with it the embodiment of ALL the signs before it, or at least aspects of them. That's what makes Pisces universal in its concerns...it's already learned the spiritual lessons of the signs before it--a journey beginning with Aries--and it brings that energy full circle, back to the next beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldOrFold View Post
That's a misconception. The signs next to eachother don't blend into each other. For instance 0 degrees of any sign is considered the strongest embodiment of that sign. It doesn't have elements of the previous sign or vice-versa. 29 Pisces is nothing like 0 Aries, they are as different as you could imagine. Signs next to each other are inconjunct eachother, i.e. they have little to nothing astrologically in common, like a quincunx.

Signs of the same element sort of blend into eachother with decans. For instance, 0-10 degrees of Aries is the Aries decan of Aries, 10-20 is the Leo decan of Aries and 20-30 the Sagittarius decan. You'll often notice people of different signs but the same element sometimes looking like eachother, I believe this is a manifestation of the decans.