View Single Post
Unread 05-31-2018, 11:12 PM

Re: Synastry with my Professor

chasama, I don't know where you live or how closely you have interacted with fellow students. But "Professor Romeo" exists in many universities, and oftentimes he is married.

Generally if he's a repeat romancer, the other older students know about his reputation. Discrete inquiries may be helpful, because I just don't see faithfulness being this man's strength, for reasons I outlined above. Possibly you may want nothing more than a short-term casual fling yourself. But the problem is that if word gets out that if a student and her professor are intimately involved, and s/he is this professor's own student in a class or supervisor relationship, it can cause a lot of resentment among fellow students-- who tend to feel that the love interest is getting special preferential treatment that they don't have. I've also heard gossip years after the alleged incident about female students sleeping their way to professional academic success, and it isn't pretty.

(I'm a retired academic, BTW.)

With your vertex conjunct this man's Libra stellium, I think he is bound to have a very powerful influence over you, and the student-professor relationship will probably seem to have a fated quality. But taking a step into an actual romantic relationship is a different matter, and it may or may not be a good idea.

Best wishes, W.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.