Most hot-headed, short tempered sign of the Zodiac?

Tulum

A number of readers chose Aries for the dubious honor, and well...hear, hear!

Don't get me wrong: I was brought up by an Aries mom (who's put up with a difficult marriage to a contrarian, reckless Gemini - not to mention my sorry butt), have had a couple of close Aries friends (megawatt smiles, and sharp as a tack), and even once fell in love with one (that **** smile, again!).

Having said that, I think that what does make them so difficult - mars and so forth aside - is their penchant for taking offense where none was intended. They have supersonic hearing, moreover, and tend to think that every snide remark was uttered "for their benefit." From my experience, then, it seems to be more a problem of trust than anything else.

I'm far from well-versed in all this, but I've also noticed mars-moon squares in a number of people with temper troubles.

I suppose we all have our buttons.

nicolef

I know a few aries with a short temper, but I also know some with scorpio moon with a short temper as well. I have mars in scorpio and mars conjunction Pluto and I've never had problems with a temper...I'm usually the one to calm people down with short tempers...I'm still learning about my chart . I'm a saggitarius sun , capricorn moon with taurus rising.

Aeryn

I know a few aries with a short temper, but I also know some with scorpio moon with a short temper as well. I have mars in scorpio and mars conjunction Pluto and I've never had problems with a temper...I'm usually the one to calm people down with short tempers...I'm still learning about my chart . I'm a saggitarius sun , capricorn moon with taurus rising.
Newbie alert: I would think that Sun Sag makes you concerned with the bigger picture, Moon Cap makes your emotional life pretty grounded and Taurus has that long fuse so even if you're mad you can probably hold it pretty well...
Is there any truth to what I said? :sideways:

Vista

I dated a guy who was Scorpio Sun, Moon Aries with Mars square Uranus and Pluto. Talk about explosive and argumentitive. One of the worst guys I have ever dated.

retinoid

I think it matters on the sun-moon and mars. I am a Scorpio sun-Sagittarius moon and I get angry pretty quickly but I also have a Libra mars (but in the house the Scorpio rules) so I choose my battles...Judge Judy also has a Libra mars.

MTTY05

In my personal experience, I'd agree that Aries is the quickest to anger, though there's obviously way more to it than just Sun sign. I've also observed that Aries often seems to lose the arguments/battles they get themselves into.

Last edited:

divine g

Banned
I've also observed that Aries often seems to lose the arguments/battles they get themselves into. --MTTY05
<----------That's hilarious. Reminds me of my ex. War should always be used as a last resort, you shouldn't just rush into a fight without thinking of the consequences.

Originally Posted by dreamtimez
I feel its the placement of Mars ... and the strength of Mars. People with Mars in the first house can be quick to anger.
I can vouch for this, Mars is my first planet rising, so Im always quick to get angry. But my Saturn conjuncts it, so I'm just as quick to realize I might be ready to do something stupid, so it's best to cool off and control my temper. It's kind of easy once you take some time to think about the consequences of losing your cool.

Mars in 1st can also point to that learned behavior from childhood, maybe from quick-tempered parent. Lord knows, my dad had a quick temper with me when I was a kid, now I tend to have little patience for kids..I shudder at the thought of having kids, but that's another thread..

But yes, Mars in its own first house will mostlikely be a "hot-head", literally, especially if not well-aspected, or controlled by a Saturn conjunction. Saturn trining or sextiling this Mars would allow the native to use their anger constructively.

Last edited:

mizz

In my personal experience, I'd agree that Aries is the quickest to anger, though there's obviously way more to it than just Sun sign. I've also observed that Aries often seems to lose the arguments/battles they get themselves into.

nopes, they win what they fight for

but yeah the only battle they lose is the one with themselves:pouty: