Indicators of Musical Talent in a Natal Chart

Artemisdaughter

Taurus to me is sensual especially voice.
Leo is creative and loves the stage being the STAR.
Pisces is otherworldly very good for dreamy music or composing (many musicians see their music as channeled/the muse, inspiration).
Libra can be great for working in partnerships and ascetics of music.
Gemini great for communicating (short like songs are gemini creates articles not books).
Cancer songs of mother/home.
Capricorn can be ambition this on the 5th to me would be someone working in creativity or very ambitious toward creation.
Saturn can bring in needed discipline required to practice, or a stage parent forcing one to preform.
Venus love bug thing in music obviously love of music or love of another-which most songs are about.
Sun identity.
Mercury ability to write including music (Hermes flute).
5th House creativity
2nd House (money and values-for example valuing music over money vs preforming only for money)
10th House career i.e Taurus on tenth
4th family tradition someone who learns to sing from family.
9th House foreign travel like touring and adventures.
11th House if part of band or preforms for friends only.
12 dreams,emotional pain, subconscious desires.

I think when we talk to someone about Why they do music you see many different motives in many different ways, one person might do it because of family another talent another passion, all indicated in the chart very differently. Each chart tells its own story and feeling the way is part of that. Definitely each artist has own story in their chart.

Last edited:
Oh boy, this is an incredibly contentious issue. Everyone's gonna have different opinions on what gets music in terms of astrology and usually give a disproportionate amount of credit to one thing or the other, usually Venus, one of her 3 signs (I'm including her exaltation Pisces and its ruler Neptune), but I really disagree with this.

IMO, I wouldn't give it to any one sign, planet or house, music is just too big and complex, every sign and planet has something to contribute to music, even sad Saturn can help you appreciate the blues! Saying one thing alone rules music is like saying the Moon rules emotions when every planet has some emotional nature like Venus is romantic, Mars angry...

I'd say the biggest musical planets are Jupiter, Venus, Mercury, the Moon and maybe the asteroid Pallas. Venus obviously because people tend to regard music as beautiful (not that rock and roll is probably her thing, we know who gets that ♂), Mercury because music is a form of communication, the Moon because music is ALWAYS emotional regardless of genre, Jupiter because music is inspiration and often grand, Pallas because music involves skills and placement. Performers probably belong to the Sun..

So I wonder, if Pallas, since I'm not disagreeing with YOU here :love:, just offering my own interpretation of what you're saying, maybe if Venus has always been traditionally seen as sort of the "centerpiece" for where we have always sort of connected music too, perhaps one could also say that when other planets touch Venus, it can really amp up the musicality associated with Venus, characterize it in these other ways.

AMyOhMy

please interpret my chart to see if there are any musical talents indicated in my natal chart. ive been very fond of singing and music since childhood with passionate thoughts of pursuing it as a career choice

Attachments

• astro_2gwgw_02_s.47614.6026_1.jpg
    astro_2gwgw_02_s.47614.6026_1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 41

PiscesBoy

Banned
I have been told that I by many that I have an "exceptional" and also "incredible" singing voice... but am too shy and fearful to take it any further:pinched:

Just wondering if my chart tell's anything.

daisy13

Athene

Greetings to all you musical enthusiasts, it's so nice seen how much of us share the love for the most beautiful of all arts :love::love::love::love:

I'm researching into the singers field and woder do anybody has a contact base or statistic source that could be seen and studdied ?

Would mind anybody give a try at my chart and in particular, this 3d House Neptune ? I'm searching for imputs on it but didnt find anything substantial . . mute oblige i guess :bandit: :biggrin: . . . .

virgo18

Musical talent divides in two:
The one which is academic, and the other which is naturally gifted.

There are people who cannot play a song without reading notes. And there are people like me and my cousin who can play piano without reading notes. We even don't know how to read musical notes. Just the feeling.
Perhaps I admire people who are academic musicians. I desire to learn to read music some day.

According to the book "The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus Christ" Musical ability that you have right now comes from past lives. i.e. house definitely 12th, maybe 8th, and could be the 4th also. This will be for the people who are naturally gifted.

For example: Both, me and my cousin have Venus in Scorpio....My cousin is Libra Sun with Mercury in Scorpio, and I have Mercury in Libra and my Venus rules my Mercury. Also in the whole house system I have Venus and Pluto in the 12th.

But I also have to give credit to people who are academic musicians:
I will have to say that academic musicians may have strong Air and Earth in their charts which give them a more sharped and analytical mind. And musical natural talent will be more of Fire and Water which are more ruled by feelings. adding 12th, and 8th houses
Example my bf can plays piano awesome reading notes.He is academic. But he cannot play anything without them. He is prominent Earth,stellium in virgo, and Mercury in Aquarius.

As a random fact: I have seen lot of musicians who have strong Libra influence. Most of the time the Sun or Mercury.

tsmall

Premium Member
Musical talent divides in two:
The one which is academic, and the other which is naturally gifted.

There are people who cannot play a song without reading notes. And there are people like me and my cousin who can play piano without reading notes. We even don't know how to read musical notes. Just the feeling.
Perhaps I admire people who are academic musicians. I desire to learn to read music some day.

According to the book "The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus Christ" Musical ability that you have right now comes from past lives. i.e. house definitely 12th, maybe 8th, and could be the 4th also. This will be for the people who are naturally gifted.

For example: Both, me and my cousin have Venus in Scorpio....My cousin is Libra Sun with Mercury in Scorpio, and I have Mercury in Libra and my Venus rules my Mercury. Also in the whole house system I have Venus and Pluto in the 12th.

But I also have to give credit to people who are academic musicians:
I will have to say that academic musicians may have strong Air and Earth in their charts which give them a more sharped and analytical mind. And musical natural talent will be more of Fire and Water which are more ruled by feelings. adding 12th, and 8th houses
Example my bf can plays piano awesome reading notes.He is academic. But he cannot play anything without them. He is prominent Earth,stellium in virgo, and Mercury in Aquarius.

As a random fact: I have seen lot of musicians who have strong Libra influence. Most of the time the Sun or Mercury.

As another bolster to your example, I have Sun conjunct Murcury in Libra in 12th, strong Air (5 planet stellium and South Node in 12th, Libra ASC.) I am learning, slowly, to read music, but am a (power) Alto singer (harmony, ya know. :cool:) and rely on my "ear." Been singing with a group for 15 years, but don't ask me to sight read music, lol.

danashock

I have yet to check your chart. But artistic talent has many indicators,the most important ones are having lots of trines,or even a grand trine.
(particularly in water if you ask me).

Another indicator is the midheaven. If it was ruled by an artistic sign with planets like venus and jupiter there thats a great indicator,these signs are libra,taurus,pisces,leo. but i feel that libra is a stronger indicator than the rest of these signs.

A busy 12th house can indicate an a person that may have the idol and larger than life capacity that can make them into an archetype in the collective consciousness. A busy 5th,on the other hand is also artistic but more on the light hearted side of creativity,though quite powerful as well.

Ofcourse,a venus ruled chart is another clear indicator. And while youre at it,check what planets is venus aspecting. venus aspecting neptune (and venus in pisces) show a genuine artistic ability.

tsmall

Premium Member
I have yet to check your chart. But artistic talent has many indicators,the most important ones are having lots of trines,or even a grand trine.

Another indicator is the midheaven. If it was ruled by an artistic sign with planets like venus and jupiter there thats a great indicator,these signs are libra,taurus,pisces,leo. but i feel that libra is a stronger indicator than the rest of these signs.

A busy 12th house can indicate an a person that may have the idol and larger than life capacity that can make them into an archetype in the collective consciousness. A busy 5th,on the other hand is also artistic but more on the light hearted side of creativity,though quite powerful as well.

Ofcourse,a venus ruled chart is another clear indicator. And while youre at it,check what planets is venus aspecting. venus aspecting neptune (and venus in pisces) show a genuine artistic ability.

I have Venus (chart ruler, with ASC in Libra) in an Earth grand trine (Venus in Virgo, Saturn in Taurus, and Mars in Capricorn.) Alto seems "earthy" and robust, no? Esp. compared to say, Soprano...more "airy" and light. Venus squares Neptune in Scorpio (water) and semisextiles the Sun/Mecury conjunction in Libra. Absolutely zero planets in 5th, but 5th cusp is Sagittarius (Jupiter rules.) Midheaven in Cancer, ruled by Moon...mine in Pisces in 6th. Venus in Virgo/11th in Fall, Moon in 6th, Cadent house..."Now I know why the caged bird sings..."

Greetings to all you musical enthusiasts, it's so nice seen how much of us share the love for the most beautiful of all arts :love::love::love::love:

I'm researching into the singers field and woder do anybody has a contact base or statistic source that could be seen and studdied ?

Would mind anybody give a try at my chart and in particular, this 3d House Neptune ? I'm searching for imputs on it but didnt find anything substantial . . mute oblige i guess :bandit: :biggrin: . . . .

What I suggest you do is go over to astotheme.com where they have loads of celebs charts and do the research there, to see if there is common demoninators.

piscesboy,
I have been told that I by many that I have an "exceptional" and also "incredible" singing voice... but am too shy and fearful to take it any further:pinched:
in that case you may only be a bathroom/shower singer :andy:

piscesboy,
I suggest your start your own thread in vocational posting your chart from astro.com with progressions and transits please?

progressions and transits on same wheel found in extended chart selection. Reduce the ratio of orbs to 80%, select smallest image size 63% on picture,then choose house system (my personal preference is for Equal house rather than the default of placidus), right mouse click and select 'save target pic as' and save to hard drive then upload here
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24043
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24042

the above threads are 'how to' get, select and post the correct charts.

Amyohmy,
please could you possibly do the same?

Artemisdaughter,
Capricorn can be ambition this on the 5th to me would be someone working in creativity or very ambitious toward creation.
Saturn can bring in needed discipline required to practice, or a stage parent forcing one to preform

We need to remember wherever saturn sits is where we 'lack confidence' and have to put in extra effort, the aspects shows if that will be easy or hard. But I feel saturn ruling 5th (without looking at planets posited there) will suggest delays, frustrations and limitations, well renowned to be saturnian qualities...

jur11

Hi, I found this forum, and this thread because I googled what indicates musical talent in a chart.. I am a keen astrology buff, but limited in knowledge. I wondered if I could hop on and post my chart - with the same sort of question, are there indicators of musical talent/what direction this might take shown in my chart please?
Would be much appreciated, am at a bit of a major turning point it feels in life (could be age related too of course..!) and am looking for clues...

I hope I have posted the link to my chart correctly. Having said that I've tried unsuccessfully to post a link to my chart on Astrodienst - so I have put my DOB below. If anyone would be able to let me know how best to provide link to chart I would be grateful.

Thank you in advance.

D.O.B 08.04.62 11.05 a.m British mean time.

Last edited:

bubuza_dulce

I can give some examples here.

I have a Grand Trine in water (as part of a kite) and I never considered myself talented in music. But... I studied piano 8 years (until high-school) and I knew lots of people more talented than me. I would like to show you the chart of two of my ex-colleagues who were the most talented in my class.
I erased all their data and I named them A and B (both girls).

So A was very good at piano playing, a true natural talent and was also very ambitious. Over the years she grew more and more ambitious (I think it consumes her!) and she chose to use her voice instead of her hands. She treasures her voice, she studied the Conservatory, sings in a band and easier Opera parts and tries to make her debut on TV. I personally don't enjoy her voice, it's a bit squeaky (?), but I'm amazed as I remember the huge talent she has and it doesn't show since she uses only her voice and many people just like me fail to see a great talent. I hope she'll find a use for that talent and be happy someday!

B was even more talented at piano-playing, I don't know much about her, she studied the Conservatory and the last time I heard she taught piano lessons. I hope she'll find a way for her huge talent to manifest.

So what do you think about their charts?(I don't know the hour in any of them, I put noon).

Attachments

• A.gif
    A.gif
    47.3 KB · Views: 46
  • B.gif
    B.gif
    50.7 KB · Views: 44

Have to add here, my bf is a pro musician and gets to do what he loves for a good living/ tours the world, plays on well known albums etc...he has Virgo mc! He is known for his intense work ethic and precision...IN MUSIC. Be careful not be generalise here.

saggy rising as well...but chart ruler is in 12th and venus is conjunct neptune.

rahbani89

So glad I came across this topic, tons of information and ideas I would have never figured out on my own. Thank you for that! I feel a lot of the ideas presented here apply to my chart but would love to get a closer examination from more qualified people. Any comments or help would be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

• natal.jpg
    natal.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 37

DoubleDare

I too ran across this discussion on a google search for musical talent in astrology. I've had a few people say that singing would be a good focus on my need for communication and I've always been highly conplemented on my voice in theatre auditions (not so much the acting I'm afraid!).Would you please take a look at my chart?

August 13, 1994- 9:28 am (Miami Dade, Florida)

rahban and doubledare,

You will probably get more responses IF you both create your own threads and give out more details and information..

How to find your career- sticky in Vocational Forum
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32775
please give some background ie: education, aspirations, options

I would also mention that in *this forum* you are expected to give your own astrological interpretations, or the thread will be moved to Read My Chart forum. If you cannot do this I suggest you post in RMC forum