View Single Post
Unread 11-22-2013, 01:27 PM

Re: The Quincunx / Inconjunct Factor

Frisiangal, that's a good description. I think I've seen that toy before too. I've been reading some more information on the aspect. I think another good definition would be unconscious friction or discord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Disjunct = Inconjunct = Quincunx

Unless an intermediary can somehow bring the Disjunct planets together
then
because they cannot communicate with each other from their respective locations
they appear to ignore each other
Thank you for mentioning that JA. It's peculiar a minor aspect like this has three different words ascribed to it. Where did you find that definition btw??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdinaz View Post
I've definitely seen transiting objects that make quincunx to natal planets trigger major life events. Usually people only consider squares, oppositions and such as triggering life events but in my own chart many major relationships and other events have been started by quincunx transits. Currently I have transiting Pluto making a quincunx to my Jupiter and there have been many changes. Some of the changes have been uncomfortable but they have been for the better overall. Adaptation is the key.

As for the quincunx != inconjunct except when sun or moon involved or fixed sign, never heard that before. Still don't quite understand the statement.

For transiting planets I always use 2 degrees or less anyway, including quincunx - in natal charts 2 degrees is fine for this aspect, I wouldn't go any higher unless Sun or Moon is involved, in which case I might go 3. The quincunx is the integral part of the Yod aspect which I find very important in charts, and I always stick to the 2 degree rule with those.
I wonder if the quincunx might establish changes that were not seen coming in a progressed chart. Like completely unexpected surprising events for good or bad. If the moon & sun can receive a higher degree maybe that may account for the inconjunct distinction.