View Single Post
Unread 11-22-2013, 07:49 AM

Re: The Quincunx / Inconjunct Factor

Hi,
Alice Portman is a visitor to this site, , so may pick up on yourpost to add a personal comment.

I learnt much from the teachings of U.S. astrologer Ingrid Naiman who, although the most genuine 'spiritual' person I have ever met, gave a good practical working explanation of the quincunx/inconjunct.

You probably aren't old enough to be familar with a child's toy that was simply a piece of thin rope tied to sticks at each end. On the string was an object that would go either up or down, according to how you held the sticks and how taught the rope was. When the rope was horizontal, the object could do nothing; it could only move when the rope was vertical.

A quincunx/inconjunct acts similarly. The sticks are the planets, the rope is the 150* aspect and the object is the individual. Sometimes the one stick planet has the advantage, sometimes the other, according to the situation(direction movement). If the string is loose, neither stick planet has any advantage over the other; there's calm and some sort of equilibriuim. As soon as the string is taught, friction and tension arises and there is action. Stress and strain resulting from tension due to change is very much part of the 150* aspect. It isn't a question of choice between opposites; it's a question of having to go with the flow, either one way or the other, which, according to the situation, the planet with the advantage can deal with but the other planet is going to experience difficulty. E.G. Thought and action, substance and feeling, come or go, etc.etc. With the quincunx/inconjunct either can be right for the particular moment, with each helping rather than straining against the other to get a move on.

I've always found it a helpful and understandable explanation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frisiangal For This Useful Post:
byjove (11-22-2013)