Morbid interest in death - any indication in chart?

Gemini888

No, I'm not suicidal in any way. It's more of a strange fascination, like the feeling of curiosity you have when you just discover something new and you want to explore more of it.

I suppose this is Pluto conj Jupiter in 8H's doing, but that's not enough. My other placements are too light for that kind of interest.

It may have something to do with my traumatic experience with rejection as a teenager, but I notice that the interest is something that has its roof way further back. I wasn't scared of violent movies and games that terrified kids my age. I wanted more of them instead.

Recently the interest has expanded to suicide. I did a crazy amount of research into it. I have no plan to carry out anything bad. It's just that I can't help my curiosity.

Am I turning into a monster?

my chart.jpg

ricca91

No, I'm not suicidal in any way. It's more of a strange fascination, like the feeling of curiosity you have when you just discover something new and you want to explore more of it.

I suppose this is Pluto conj Jupiter in 8H's doing, but that's not enough. My other placements are too light for that kind of interest.

It may have something to do with my traumatic experience with rejection as a teenager, but I notice that the interest is something that has its roof way further back. I wasn't scared of violent movies and games that terrified kids my age. I wanted more of them instead.

Recently the interest has expanded to suicide. I did a crazy amount of research into it. I have no plan to carry out anything bad. It's just that I can't help my curiosity.

View attachment 78203
No, you are not, don't worry. As long as you have empathy and understand that you don't have to kill people, it's ok to be fascinated with death.

You are plutonian, or at least Pluto is strong in your chart, as is Mars.

Sun-Pluto, Mars-Pluto, Pluto in domicile by sign and house and retrograde. Jupiter in the 8th wants to have knowledge about 8th house themes, including death.

You have a very powerful chart, use it for the good, meanwhile do all the research you want about death and maybe use all the knowledge to help heal other people!

waybread

You have a super-strong Jupiter in the 8th, domiciled in its own sign of Sagittarius, And a domiciled Pluto. These planets aspect a lot of the rest of the planets in your chart. Pluto quintile moon suggests obsessive thinking.

Had you thought of a career that involves death? Funeral home director, pathologist, forensic anthropologist, paramedic, hospice worker, or a combat position in the military?

Or is your interest mostly vicarious?

magnolia8

You have a super-strong Jupiter in the 8th, domiciled in its own sign of Sagittarius, And a domiciled Pluto. These planets aspect a lot of the rest of the planets in your chart. Pluto quintile moon suggests obsessive thinking.

Had you thought of a career that involves death? Funeral home director, pathologist, forensic anthropologist, paramedic, hospice worker, or a combat position in the military?

Last edited:

david starling

View attachment 78203

Saturn in H12 can mean a morbid imagination. And, it's Trine Pluto, Domicled in Scorpio, which is about life-after-death. Mercury, Domicled in Gemini, was conductor of the dead to Pluto's underworld kingdom.

Last edited:

Gemini888

I think it's both. I have never thought of being any of the job. I'm working as a teacher and I want to be a writer. But the kind of books I want to write involves death of some kind.

Witchyone

I think it's both. I have never thought of being any of the job. I'm working as a teacher and I want to be a writer. But the kind of books I want to write involves death of some kind.

I'm also extremely interested in death and morbid things, and I also write about death. I wanted to be a forensic scientist, but I didn't do it because I hated math classes. lol

I'm not worried about becoming a monster although I did worry some about that when I was younger, and I wasn't sure how the obsession would play out over time. I'm actually more sensitive to fictional depictions and real accounts of violence now than I used to be, which is a major pain in the *** because I used to love horror films, and now I sometimes have to turn them off, and sometimes a story in the news will haunt me for months. I don't like this new delicacy, but it is what it is. The positive side of that, I suppose, is that I'm forced to explore the concept of death in a more spiritual way, which is ultimately better for me, I think.

Anyway, I checked to see what we have in common just in case there's an explanation there. At a quick glance, we share Gemini sun, Pluto sextile Neptune, and Moon square Neptune.

Have you ever read this book? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stiff:_The_Curious_Lives_of_Human_Cadavers
It's brain candy for a person fascinated by death.

waybread

Gemini, just as a gratuitous piece of advice that you already know, if you're not already leading a strictly bi-modal double life as a teacher, I'd recommend it. You don't need to get into difficulties with your school board over an abiding interest that they might view as distinctly unwholesome. And please, nothing involving minors, unless it is suicide prevention.

You might think about devoting your spare time as a hospice volunteer. No, this isn't the violent death crowd, but it is psychologically very demanding work that is a benefit to the terminally ill and their families.

Or try your hand at writing murder mysteries.

But if your "hobby" interferes with your work and social life, I hope you will seek counseling, as some trauma from your childhood that is emotionally incomplete for you may be at the root of your obsession.

I imagine one could simply Google how to get into the funeral home business.

Gemini888

I'm also extremely interested in death and morbid things, and I also write about death. I wanted to be a forensic scientist, but I didn't do it because I hated math classes. lol

I'm not worried about becoming a monster although I did worry some about that when I was younger, and I wasn't sure how the obsession would play out over time. I'm actually more sensitive to fictional depictions and real accounts of violence now than I used to be, which is a major pain in the *** because I used to love horror films, and now I sometimes have to turn them off, and sometimes a story in the news will haunt me for months. I don't like this new delicacy, but it is what it is. The positive side of that, I suppose, is that I'm forced to explore the concept of death in a more spiritual way, which is ultimately better for me, I think.

Anyway, I checked to see what we have in common just in case there's an explanation there. At a quick glance, we share Gemini sun, Pluto sextile Neptune, and Moon square Neptune.

Have you ever read this book? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stiff:_The_Curious_Lives_of_Human_Cadavers
It's brain candy for a person fascinated by death.

My taste of death changed over time too. But unlike you, I'm not turned off by violence one bit, they just bore me instead. Gory films don't do much to me like they used to. I'm more disturbed by the kind of horror that could happen in real life, like a realistic film about child abuse. I think I'm gearing toward a more mature interest instead of the childish unreal shockers.

Gemini Sun sure likes to write about its interest huh? We both want to turn our interest into writing. I wonder if Neptune has anything to do in the mix too.

Witchyone

My taste of death changed over time too. But unlike you, I'm not turned off by violence one bit, they just bore me instead. Gory films don't do much to me like they used to. I'm more disturbed by the kind of horror that could happen in real life, like a realistic film about child abuse. I think I'm gearing toward a more mature interest instead of the childish unreal shockers.

Gemini Sun sure likes to write about its interest huh? We both want to turn our interest into writing. I wonder if Neptune has anything to do in the mix too.

Yeah, not all Geminis are big talkers, but most I've met enjoy writing. Do you have lots of obsessions you cycle through, often death themed, or do you have tropes that you've been attracted to all your life? I have some of each, but mostly the former. I feel like the reason I'm interested in death is less about the violence that sometimes precipitates it and more about the psychological experiences. Of course, I'm curious about what happens during and after death, just like most people, because it's unknowable. It's the ultimate unknowable, and I'm nosy. :whistling:

Neptune sextile Pluto would cover a lot of birth charts, but Neptune square moon...maybe? Neptune is not very often associated with death, but it is associated with dissolving boundaries. What is death if not the ultimate dissolving of a boundary?

The obvious answer is your 8th house stuff. My north node and Neptune are in the 8th house if I use whole signs, but I've never really felt connected to that version of my chart, so I'm resistant.

Edit: I also just noticed that we share NN in the 7th house.

Last edited:

david starling

In the 12/12 pattern I'm working on, with the rulership additions of Asc as "Native-ruler" of Sagittarius and the Age-indicator as Native-ruler of Taurus, there are other types of rulership which include: Native-ruler, Regulator, & Motivator.

Gemini:
Native-ruler, Mercury
Regulator, Neptune
Motivator, Venus

In addition, Gemini is "In-Service" to Pluto.
Other in-Service relationships include Taurus in-Service to Venus, Scorpio in-Service to Mars, and Aquarius in-Service to the Moon. Jupiter is Regulator for Sagittarius, with Mars as Motivator.

So, whatever you write about Death, as a Gemini, don't leave Venus out of the equation! :biggrin:

The Motivating rulers are grouped by Elements:
Gemini's Motivator--Venus, Native-ruler of Libra
Libra's Motivator--:uranus:, Native-ruler of Aquarius
Aquarian Motivator--Mercury, Native-ruler of Gemini

So, Mercury/Gemini are a connecting link between Scorpio/Pluto and Venus/Libra, since Mercury/Gemini are also in-Service to Pluto/Scorpio.

Last edited:

Gemini888

In the 12/12 pattern I'm working on, with the rulership additions of Asc as "Native-ruler" of Sagittarius and the Age-indicator as Native-ruler of Taurus, there are other types of rulership which include: Native-ruler, Regulator, & Motivator.

Gemini:
Native-ruler, Mercury
Regulator, Neptune
Motivator, Venus

In addition, Gemini is "In-Service" to Pluto.
Other in-Service relationships include Taurus in-Service to Venus, Scorpio in-Service to Mars, and Aquarius in-Service to the Moon. Jupiter is Regulator for Sagittarius, with Mars as Motivator.

So, whatever you write about Death, as a Gemini, don't leave Venus out of the equation! :biggrin:

The Motivating rulers are grouped by Elements:
Gemini's Motivator--Venus, Native-ruler of Libra
Libra's Motivator--:uranus:, Native-ruler of Aquarius
Aquarian Motivator--Mercury, Native-ruler of Gemini

So, Mercury/Gemini are a connecting link between Scorpio/Pluto and Venus/Libra, since Mercury/Gemini are also in-Service to Pluto/Scorpio.
Does aspects count in this? My Venus is in Taurus and in 1H. But it's the least aspected planet in my chart, with only a quincunx to Jupiter. Two trines with MC and Chiron if you counts 9 deg orb. How do you think it plays out?

Starsareround

Mrs_Angemi

Hopefully that link will work. She’s a pathologist who believes the living have much to learn from the dead, and posts fascinating gore on instagram.

Gemini888

Makes you feel isolated. Are you with anyone special, romantically speaking?

Yeah, I do feel isolated sometimes :sad: Sometimes I have that Uranus feeling of being an alien to this world :alien:

I'm not in any romantic relationship. I only have some platonic partners that I care deeply, and I'm happy with that. I prefer having platonic relationship anyway. I have someone to care about while still maintaining my independence.

@Starsarearound there is no link here.

And to @waybread, I do maintain a double life. No one irl knows about my obsession with death. I only present my bright Sun sign to the world and I do my best to hide the Pluto side. I also have no interest in harming anyone because what for? So until my book comes out, my dark side is going to stay hidden for quite a while :devil:

waybread

Good thinking, Gemini.

On astrology threads we encounter all kinds of people, so I don't personally find your interests shocking. Obviously, a lot of people like horror movies and books-- they make a lot of money for their producers. I'm merely thinking of the world of principals, school boards, and parents.

I do hope you'll think about volunteering in some capacity, like suicide prevention or hospice work. It's possible to live that Plutonian life in a way that truly benefits people; and emotionally, not everyone can do this sort of work.

Tryalchemy

I'm the same way and you've seen my chart. I know for me it has to do with my lovely Pluto conjunct Mercury in Scorpio lol. Venus plays no part in that mix. More horrific and traumatic the better! And obviously my strong Mars. I really really like violence and death. I especially love the psychology of murderers and what causes them to choose the method of killing and victims. That sounds so awful but it's true. I love dateline and all those shows. I get so excited. I love murder. And documentaries about serial killers. Even those shows where animals fight each other in the wild, I can't help but be drawn to it. You should look into criminal astrology and whatnot, you'd probably be good at it and it would hold your interest in death and investigation. I like to watch dateline and then try to find the killers and victims birth data and look up the charts on the day of the murder! Try it!! Wow I sound crazy. I'm a little too excited about death eh? I think it might just be your sun as well. Gemini are pretty cool cause nothing is off limits when it comes to intellectual stimulation. Gemini I notice are not one to shy away from darkness. They use dry humor to make it less off-putting but they seem to crave a certain level of darkness and taboo. If you think about it, how else does one expand the mind unless it's open to even the most unspoken topics. Society tries to set a norm for what we should and shouldn't find interest in...if only more people weren't afraid to explore the dark side, maybe we'd all be more enlightened ha!

conspiracy theorist

Count me in.

Both death dealing planets (Saturn,Pluto) are prominent in my chart. Strong and prominent Mars too, for gore and bloodshed. There have been a couple of professional options shared on this thread that I'm giving serious thought in pursuing.

Last edited:

BlackLioness87

I also have Jupiter (Aries 29°) in 8H, but it's not retrograde, Pluto (Scorpio 7°) squares my Sun (Leo 10°) and my moon is in Scorpio. I always thought I could be a very good criminal investigator, but someway I'm too emphatic or sensitive. I used to like a lot to watch crime investigation tv shows and even dr. G Medical examiner, but some cases made me feel very sad. Now that I have children I'm more emphatic with cases where the victims are mothers or children.

I hate gore movies (I cannot even watch medical procedures on video, nor when a nurse is drawing a blood sample out of me lol) but I really enjoy movies about human race extinction and catastrophes, ekpyrosis and so on. I always talk about hypothetical catastrophes and how I will find a way to survive. Some people think death doesn't scare me or that I don't "respect" the dead. My Anubis (Virgo 8°) is conjunct Eros (Virgo 9°) in 12H, sextile Pluto and Trine Neptune.

P.S: I wonder where are your Anubis (1912) and your Eros (433). Asteroid Amor (1221) may also indicate what we love to do. Asteroid Ophelia (171) is related to suicidal tendencies. Mine is tightly conjunct Amor and Chiron in my 10H :/ Fortunately they all are in Gemini.

Last edited:

Gemini888

I'm the same way and you've seen my chart. I know for me it has to do with my lovely Pluto conjunct Mercury in Scorpio lol. Venus plays no part in that mix. More horrific and traumatic the better! And obviously my strong Mars. I really really like violence and death. I especially love the psychology of murderers and what causes them to choose the method of killing and victims. That sounds so awful but it's true. I love dateline and all those shows. I get so excited. I love murder. And documentaries about serial killers. Even those shows where animals fight each other in the wild, I can't help but be drawn to it. You should look into criminal astrology and whatnot, you'd probably be good at it and it would hold your interest in death and investigation. I like to watch dateline and then try to find the killers and victims birth data and look up the charts on the day of the murder! Try it!! Wow I sound crazy. I'm a little too excited about death eh? I think it might just be your sun as well. Gemini are pretty cool cause nothing is off limits when it comes to intellectual stimulation. Gemini I notice are not one to shy away from darkness. They use dry humor to make it less off-putting but they seem to crave a certain level of darkness and taboo. If you think about it, how else does one expand the mind unless it's open to even the most unspoken topics. Society tries to set a norm for what we should and shouldn't find interest in...if only more people weren't afraid to explore the dark side, maybe we'd all be more enlightened ha!
Hi Tryalchemy! Where have you been? I thought you were gone forever :lol:

I seem to notice that people with Pluto/Mars aspects and have suffered from some form of depression are the ones who like to discuss about death in an uncensored fashion. I used to be interested in murderers, but these days my interest has shifted to suicide victims. Maybe it's because my Gemini gets bored and wants something new. Nevertheless, I still want to use my knowledge of death to guide people toward life. To do that I need to learn more about death, so you can say it forms a circle :smile:

And I think you are dead-on about Gemini. It's ironic how Gemini is stereotyped as carefree and childlike. This is the last sign that people unfamiliar with astrology associates with death. They don't even think Gemini is capable of thinking about something so deep like that at all!