Looking for a personal chart reading

I've relied far too long on computerized reports. I'd love to have a personal interpretation.

I'll be honest though, I don't know what I am looking for with my chart. I work in IT for a publishing company, but i'd like to eventually run my own business and not have to help people anymore! I guess some interpretation as to the "right path" I should be taking would help.

Here's my chart!

Last edited:

waybread

Welcome to the forum. Asking for an entire chart reading (of a bunch of mostly amateurs) is a pretty big order. However, let's look at the basics: Scorpio rising, 9th house sun in Cancer conjunct Mercury in Leo, Moon in Aquarius in the third house conjunct your north node of the moon. (BTW, for a normal chart reading, leave out all of those little bits and bytes-- the planets plus your Part of Fortune and perhaps Black Moon Lilith and the vertex are sufficient. The chart is hard to read when it gets too crowded.)

Your post actually seems very efficient, in describing your chart. The sun is your identity or sense of self. Conjunct Mercury (your thinking and communicating function) you identify with your intelligence. Cancer and Scorpio are water signs, meaning you primarily perceive the world through your emotions; but the 9th house and Mercury in a fire sign (Leo) means that you have a bit of the philosopher in you. You don't just want to understand the world through petty emotions. I would go so far as to say you want to be inspired in the life you choose.

The 9th house deals with activities that expand our mental horizons in some way, be it through foreign travel, theology, developing a life philosophy, or being inspired by great books. In the latter capacity, the 9th house also includes publishing, so it is interesting that you work for a publisher. (Who says astrology doesn't work?)

But there is a bit of a conflict here, because the moon is the primary indicator of one's emotional nature, and yours is in an air sign: Aquarius. Planets in air signs tend to operate more intellectually. So many people might find you to be a rather cool, aloof sort of person, yet paradoxically, I believe that you have a lot of friends.

The third house also deals with communications (as well as siblings, neighbours, and short-distance travel) and Aquarius (and its modern ruler Uranus) deal with modern inventions and electricity. So you may really be in the right field of work, after all.

You might see if there's a way to expand your career in a more international direction. In your spare time, you might wish to consider the philosophical underpinnings of IT, or see how it is fundamentally changing the nature of business, information, society, and relationships, as well as communications.

If you are unhappy with your current employer, think about applying for a different job in your field. This will help you gain sufficient experience and knowledge of your field to strike out on your own at some point. I don't see any reason why you can't do that, other than to caution that your money house (#2) shows some capacity to make money in a modern electronic-related field such as IT (Uranus in the 2nd) but that Uranus can also indicate sudden changes in your financial state, for both good or ill. Saturn in this house suggests the need to think very soberly and cautiously about your income, whereas Neptune there is not such a realistic planet, and you may be tempted to try a financial scheme that later turns out to be illusory. (I'd listen to Old Man Saturn.)

With Scorpio rising, you may strike other people as very intense. That's not intrinsically problematic, just that you may unintentionally scare off a few light-hearted souls from time to time-- especially women.

Interesting Waybread. Thank you for your interpretation and time.

I figure, why not mention this here as well. I've become very active in a local church and quite recently I had a really spiritually intense moment a few weeks ago where I felt really compelled to go to seminary.

And on a side note about my past, even though I work in publishing, my past is really littered with connections to the entertainment industry. I ended up giving up on that because of the impractical nature of such a career. There isn't any money in it!

I have also had a really intense interest in journalism growing up too. It's a bit of a dream of mine to run a TV network with a really cut throat news show that doesn't spare anyone.

I've re-attached a smaller chart. Pardon the newbie in me for requesting a whole chart reading. I hope it is easier to read. Thanks for your time waybread!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Interesting Waybread. Thank you for your interpretation and time.

I figure, why not mention this here as well. I've become very active in a local church and quite recently I had a really spiritually intense moment a few weeks ago where I felt really compelled to go to seminary.

And on a side note about my past, even though I work in publishing, my past is really littered with connections to the entertainment industry. I ended up giving up on that because of the impractical nature of such a career. There isn't any money in it!

I have also had a really intense interest in journalism growing up too. It's a bit of a dream of mine to run a TV network with a really cut throat news show that doesn't spare anyone.

I've re-attached a smaller chart. Pardon the newbie in me for requesting a whole chart reading. I hope it is easier to read. Thanks for your time waybread!
Welcome to our mixed-ability astrological learning forum where many of us are complete beginners
and almost totally ignorant of astrology, whereas others of us such as dr. farr
have more than fifty years of astrological study completed and we learn from an exchange of opinion :smile:

There are a number of alternative branches of astrology, including ancient, traditional, modern, vedic,
sidereal, tropical, Chinese and so on. A traditional guidance delineation of profession that may be of interest to you
is viewable at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48463

33kc45s.png

Lets now look at this person's chart.
Lets first examine her profession.
We will start from examining the 1st (as Ascendant shows the Primal Motivation of the person) and 10th. Then we'll look at some Lots.

Almuten of the Ascendant is Venus in 6th in Leo which first suggest that the person is lining toward performance (Leo).
Jupiter is the domicile ruler of the 1st and 10th (also Almuten of the 10th).
Jupiter is in the 2nd Aries with the Moon. Moon is giving an emotional (the Pisces Ascendant too) note to that Jupiter's functioning.
Moon's last aspect was trine with Sun in Leo in 6th and the next aspect is conjunction with the 1st-10th ruler Jupiter.
Jupiter and Moon are making Trine with the MC which suggests that the career of this person would be of high importance for her.
From the other side Sun and Venus are also giving trine to the MC.

Pars Hyleg is showing the Life Purpose of the person and in this chart it is in 13 Taurus which would suggest that the person is probably musician (because of Venus) and probably Singer (because Taurus = throat).
Venus is domicile ruler and Almuten of the Pars Hyleg and being in Venus is leaning toward performance again. Venus is seen the Pars Hyleg by square signs which is good (the seeing!) for the pars.

The triplicity rulers are all afflicted.
Jupiter by Retrogradation (and Saturn too plus being cadent). Sun is cadent in 6th.
But the term ruler Mercury (the Divisor of the MC) is quite strong in 7th in its own domicile which would also suggest that the person would be famous and related to the public.

Part of Fortune is in the 5th (performance, entertainment?), the ruler Mars is in the 4th (angular) from Fortune which is strong placement.

Lot of Exaltation is at 25Pisces in 1st. Strong placement, angular and Jupiter being its Lord, Venus its Almuten.

To summarize, we would say that this person is high performer, probably singer and musician, and is very good at it, popular but maybe having problems with career in the later years suggested by Retrograde/Cadent Saturn in 12th participating ruler of the MC.

Remember, we are looking at the profession of this person not her whole life.
Well, this person is Whitney Houston. So, can the chart show success and profession type beforehand? I think it can.

sasa62

last moments are more important for the progress of the work they could be in the 2012

If the then any progress on the job, the next important period in 2019

JUPITERASC

I've relied far too long on computerized reports. I'd love to have a personal interpretation.

I'll be honest though, I don't know what I am looking for with my chart. I work in IT for a publishing company, but i'd like to eventually run my own business and not have to help people anymore! I guess some interpretation as to the "right path" I should be taking would help.

Here's my chart!
A Water Element sign on the ascendant indicates a need for emotional security

The Ruler of Ascendant's house location indicates in which field the native will seek to fulfill their Primary Motivation

In this case since Ruler of Ascendant is located in 9th
so

then the native will seek to fulfill their Primary Motivation through long journeys and philosophy
and the native enjoys journeys and philosophy, or religion :smile:

The type of Delineation I'm giving here is a mix of medieval techniques with those of the Hellenistic authors.
Robert Zoller played great role in my traditional astrology education and this is obvious for those who are familiar with his work.
I need to mention that even though Zoller was initially very fond on Arabia authors, his basic delineation techniques are taken from the early reneissance French astrologer Morin. Zoller studied with Zoltan Mason who introduced Morin and his basic natal delineation to Zoller. Zoltan was also one of the first translators of Morin.

Here are some tips for delineating the chart in this manner.

1. The good or bad signified by a house emanates from the ruler of the house.
This is the basic rule. The ruler of the house is giver of the material of the house.

Zoller gives the example of his own chart where he has Combusted Mercury in 11th, ruler of 4th. He comments that this kind of placement brings adversity to ones home and dwellings.

2. Benefit in one area of life can be produced by adversity, or even conflict, in another.

Again Zoller gives example from his own chart.
Jupiter in 9th in Scorpio disposited from Mars in 11th: Wisdom coming from conflicts.

3. The delineation tells you the what. The
predictive techniques tell you the when.

4. The Elemental Quality of the Sign of the Ascendant indicates the type of Primary Motivation of the native.

The Water signs need emotional security

Fixed signs are centripetal, they need center. They are very successful in Acquisations.

5. Examine the planets which most closely aspects the Ascendant. These planets add to the whole Primary Motivation thing.

Planets aspecting the Ascendant represent powers the native can use in the world.

The aspecting planet's local determination will be added to the Primary
Motivation.

The aspect between the aspecting planet and the Ascendant tells you how the being of the planet and its local determination are linked.

6. The Ruler of the Ascendant by its house position tells you where (what area of life) the native will seek to realize his/her Primary Motivation.

The Ruler of the Ascendant by its nature and zodiacal state shows the methods the native will use and the success or failure of the drive.

This is great quote by Zoller:

Quote:

"This little trick is of great practical value. By means of it, we may understand what the native wants. All other wants and desires are negotiable, but not the Primary Motivation. If you interfere with another person's ability to realize their Primary Motivation, they are gone."

The primary motivation is great deal of what we unconsciously and often consciously seek for. Once that motivation is broken or someone interrupt it, we seek to fix that in the every possible way we can do that.

I will continue with the tips in my next post.

A Water Element sign on the ascendant indicates a need for emotional security

The Ruler of Ascendant's house location indicates in which field the native will seek to fulfill their Primary Motivation

In this case since Ruler of Ascendant is located in 9th
so

then the native will seek to fulfill their Primary Motivation through long journeys and philosophy
and the native enjoys journeys and philosophy, or religion :smile:

You guys are pretty good at this :lol: Thanks a ton!

Edward

L1 Mars conjunct L7 Venus in feral sign Leo, opposed by Moon. ==> Strong Libido? Troubles with women? :love: :tongue:

However, church activities or some spiritual occupation could actually suit you according to William Lilly (CA III, p. 631). :innocent:

JUPITERASC

L1 Mars conjunct L7 Venus in feral sign Leo, opposed by Moon. ==> Strong Libido? Troubles with women? :love: :tongue:

However, church activities or some spiritual occupation could actually suit you
according to William Lilly (CA III, p. 631). :innocent:
FREE
PDF
WILLIAM LILLY CHRISTIAN ASTROLOGY :smile:

BOOK 1
http://www.worldastrology.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/CA-I.pdf

BOOK 2 http://www.astrologiepraktijk.nl/wp-content/uploads/lilly_ca_2.pdf

BOOK 3
http://www.worldastrology.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/CA-III.pdf

However, church activities or some spiritual occupation could actually suit you according to William Lilly (CA III, p. 631). :innocent:

Ding ding ding you get a prize! Check out a post of mine in the spiritual forum. You've kinda hit it dead on the forehead! How did you see that?

Last edited:

Edward

Well, at least that Mars/Venus conjunction in Leo could explain your nickname I guess. Just kidding of course. :joyful:

(P.S. Thank you Jupiter! :wink: You could be a savior, too.)

Well, at least that Mars/Venus conjunction in Leo could explain your nickname I guess. Just kidding of course. :joyful:

(P.S. Thank you Jupiter! :wink: You could be a savior, too.)

I'm confused a bit here, why should I be thanking Jupiter? I think it is in house 8 gemini if i recall correctly.

And a savior of what?

kshantaram

Premium Member
Adam,

scorpio asc, secretive-sentimental-reserved, occult-research aptitudes.

mars being asc lord as well as 5th lord over 9th with 7th lord venus/taurus over the 9th for luck-higher education etc, venus also lord 11th for gains - passionate, artistic aptitudes, tend to prosperity, luck after marriage.

sun lord 9th over 9th sensitive cancer, admin-managerial aptitude. sun-mer conj intellectual, oratory-teaching skills.

sun highest planetary deg personality profile, sensitive, perceptive, etc.

mer lord 10th negates to 9th, retired attitude towards career, seeking ease in career, teaching-learning-advisory environments. mer lord 8th over 9th impacting luck-under stress.

ketu leo 9th, individualistic, high self-pride, sudden decision making, tending to distant lands, distancing from father. 9th stellium tending to detached attitude, mars 9th spirituality through service of mankind,

movable cancer 9th inimical for the fixed scorpio asc, stress-delays in matters of luck-higher education, etc.

moon-rahu acq 3rd, airy, uncertain, mystique, reformist, innovative attitude, singing aptitude perhaps, moon-mars opp volatile emotions and finances, prone to risk taking-initiative, could have acting skills able to hide one's personal emotions. tends to rise and fall.

ancestor worship could be suggested for moon-rahu, especially respecting-gifting grandmothers, could light camphor monday late evenings.

sat own cap 2nd good for finances, safe investments, tending to earn distant lands. sat cap ambitious, hardworking, practical, conservative, event management.

jupiter lord 2nd for finances over gemini 8th, aspecting own sag 2nd protective of finances,

jup 2nd highest planetary deg factor for vocation, jup gemini 8th, research orientation through information processing/publishing, etc, trine moon.

taurus 6th preference for creative-energetic work environments, over 9th, luck calling for some extra efforts, gains venus lord 11th too.

chart inclined to higher learnings, research, knowledge management, information processing, communications, arts aptitudes, passionate, admin-managerial aptitude, sensitive-perceptive, tending to initiative-risk taking, reform, innovation..

wonder whether inclined to admin-management of businesses related to research publications, art publications, etc through information processing/digital technology, as CEO, consultant-advisor-trainer thereof.

mer-venus lords 6/8 over 9th impact luck-higher education etc under stress, while mer negates 10th negating career, sun negates leo 9th negating luck factor while over inimical cancer prone to stress-delay. moon-rahu could rise and fall, ketu leo 9th tending to detached attitude the stellium. asc scorpio secretive-reserved.

jupiter now moves to leo 9th for luck over mars-venus promoting arts, relationship-marriage, transit 7th from moon.

while saturn come christmas moves to sag for 2.5yrs trine transit jupiter leo tending to be philosophical, suitable for teaching-advisory roles 11th for gains from the moon.

rahu transit libra 11th trine moon-rahu gains through foreigners-foreign travels perhaps, while ketu impulsive aries 5th 3rd from moon tends to seeking change and anxiety thereof coming 1.5yr.

hope generic observations-inputs-suggestions enable reflect further and pick as relevant, and find useful.

could share specific feedbacks in agreement-disagreements.

wishing luck and prosperity jupiter transit mars-venus leo 9th over the year trine saturn sag come christmas,

kshantaram

Krewster

Interpretation of your Ven/Mars oppo Moon would be incomplete without drawing in its triangulation by Sat/Nept (being 45 from your Moon and 135 from your Ven/Mars). You could read up as if those three personal planets are square to Sat and Nept and then tone down to taste.

Your Sun 30 Jup is a mere 11 min tight orbed (so it may be as strong as a tight orbed 120 for indications of eventual success, as you define it);

though your Sun also lies zero-orbed, tri-septile to Uran (probably indicating geographic or other environmental instability).

Lots of other goodies in there...

Adam,

scorpio asc, secretive-sentimental-reserved, occult-research aptitudes.

mars being asc lord as well as 5th lord over 9th with 7th lord venus/taurus over the 9th for luck-higher education etc, venus also lord 11th for gains - passionate, artistic aptitudes, tend to prosperity, luck after marriage.
I've seen this before. What does the luck after marriage mean?

sun lord 9th over 9th sensitive cancer, admin-managerial aptitude. sun-mer conj intellectual, oratory-teaching skills.
Always was a good public speaker.
sun highest planetary deg personality profile, sensitive, perceptive, etc.

mer lord 10th negates to 9th, retired attitude towards career, seeking ease in career, teaching-learning-advisory environments. mer lord 8th over 9th impacting luck-under stress.
Very correct here, I don't want to work a day to day job. I would prefer to have the freedom to do whatever I want all while having gobbles of money to do so.

ketu leo 9th, individualistic, high self-pride, sudden decision making, tending to distant lands, distancing from father. 9th stellium tending to detached attitude, mars 9th spirituality through service of mankind,

movable cancer 9th inimical for the fixed scorpio asc, stress-delays in matters of luck-higher education, etc.Higher education was always difficult. I felt that professors always held me back or limited me. I never was able to get an A in any writing subjects.

moon-rahu acq 3rd, airy, uncertain, mystique, reformist, innovative attitude, singing aptitude perhaps, moon-mars opp volatile emotions and finances, prone to risk taking-initiative, could have acting skills able to hide one's personal emotions. tends to rise and fall.
Hit this very well on the head. I'm a trained tenor and have an excellent stage presence despite never attempting theater.
ancestor worship could be suggested for moon-rahu, especially respecting-gifting grandmothers, could light camphor monday late evenings.
Lots of respect for my family on both sides. Can't really say much here, but lets just say they're accomplished.

sat own cap 2nd good for finances, safe investments, tending to earn distant lands. sat cap ambitious, hardworking, practical, conservative, event management.
Just started getting into investing and day trading.
jupiter lord 2nd for finances over gemini 8th, aspecting own sag 2nd protective of finances,
Very true

jup 2nd highest planetary deg factor for vocation, jup gemini 8th, research orientation through information processing/publishing, etc, trine moon.

taurus 6th preference for creative-energetic work environments, over 9th, luck calling for some extra efforts, gains venus lord 11th too.

chart inclined to higher learnings, research, knowledge management, information processing, communications, arts aptitudes, passionate, admin-managerial aptitude, sensitive-perceptive, tending to initiative-risk taking, reform, innovation..

wonder whether inclined to admin-management of businesses related to research publications, art publications, etc through information processing/digital technology, as CEO, consultant-advisor-trainer thereof.
Hehe, a dream of mine is to run a television network. I've gone so far as to find some friends of mine who want to write screen plays. I'd also love to be editor in chief of a news show. As much as I hate to say it, Rupert Murdoch is roughly what I aspire to be with way more of a humanitarian bent.
mer-venus lords 6/8 over 9th impact luck-higher education etc under stress, while mer negates 10th negating career, sun negates leo 9th negating luck factor while over inimical cancer prone to stress-delay. moon-rahu could rise and fall, ketu leo 9th tending to detached attitude the stellium. asc scorpio secretive-reserved.

jupiter now moves to leo 9th for luck over mars-venus promoting arts, relationship-marriage, transit 7th from moon.

while saturn come christmas moves to sag for 2.5yrs trine transit jupiter leo tending to be philosophical, suitable for teaching-advisory roles 11th for gains from the moon.

rahu transit libra 11th trine moon-rahu gains through foreigners-foreign travels perhaps, while ketu impulsive aries 5th 3rd from moon tends to seeking change and anxiety thereof coming 1.5yr.

hope generic observations-inputs-suggestions enable reflect further and pick as relevant, and find useful.

could share specific feedbacks in agreement-disagreements.

wishing luck and prosperity jupiter transit mars-venus leo 9th over the year trine saturn sag come christmas,
I saw this in some transit forecasts for me. Do you have any other advice on this?

kshantaram

Very spot on interpretation. My comments are bolded.