What are the dominant planets and also dominant signs in this natal chart?

I am curious about the most dominant planets and signs in my natal chart which is attached.

Attachments

• hakan_chart.gif
    hakan_chart.gif
    49.2 KB · Views: 59

Madammaha

Your dominant planets are Mercury and Mars, Mercury is in the 7th in trine to Saturn and sextiles Mars and rules the first and 5th H. where Pluto, Uranus and Jupiter are posited. Mars is angular and conjuncts the M.C. and sextiles the Sun, Moon and Mercury and trines Jupiter, while it rules the 6th H.

isismagdalenne

mercury is NOT the strongest planet as it is peregrine. Has no essentail dignities. It is angular but that does not make up for being peregrine. Mars is also angular and elevated in the chart, its doing a little better since it is in its own terms. However, it is NOT the strongest in this chart. Im trying to decide between Jupiter and the Sun. Jupiter is only in its own face (+1) but it is in mutual reception with venus (+5) its in a succendant house which has some strength to act. Jupiter is in decent shape. The sun, is in its own triplicity (+3) but also must be given credit for being in an angular house. So its kind of a toss up for me to decide, but it is FOR SURE either jupiter or the sun. No WAY mercury.

waybread

With your sun, moon, and Venus in Sagittarius, it would appear to be your most important sign.

In modern (not traditional) astrology, the sun and moon (the luminaries) are generally seen as the most important planets. Beyond that you would look at the planet ruling your ascendant (Mercury), or a planet that is a focalizer in some way or angular. Also, if you have a planet making a close square or opposition, chances are you feel it very keenly.

Madammaha and Isismagdalenne have given you modern and traditional ways of looking at planetary strengths, respectively.

dr. farr

I would have gone with Saturn, except it is retrograde and in the cadent 12th whole sign house (although it is also in an elevated degree, which makes up for everything except Saturn's rx status)

For me, Venus and Jupiter (which are in mutual reception) are co-dominant in this chart, and I'll say that Jupiter is slightly more significant because of being in sect (in the day part of this chart), while Venus-although angular-is out of sect (its nocturnal yet is posited in the day part of this chart) Also Jupiter is in similitude (being a + polarity planet posited in a + polarity sign, in the day/+polarity part of this chart) and Venus is in dissimilitude (being a - polarity planet posited in the + polarity sign of Sagittarius and in the day/+ polarity part of this chart)

Note: the Sun is 12 minutes from the setting line (the descendant) here, so I am looking at the immediate oncoming day/night situation-actually this is very much of a twilight chart, and the day/part night/part allocation of this chart could be reversed from the way I am looking at it; but I believe in such twilight charts it is the oncoming day (or night, as in this case) which casts its influence most significantly, when we are considering planetary sect in allocating influence to the planets...

Last edited:

dhundhun

The Saturn, most dominant in this chart.
These are the points in favor of Saturn.

1. It goes stationary in progression in lifetime of native. Stationary Saturn exerts very strong influence for about 16 years.

2. It is handle of Bucket.

3. It is in 12th house. The influence of Saturn good or bad will be beyond control of Native.

4. Over period of time, in progression, it becomes most elevated in chart.

5. Saturn is strongly aspected with Asc lord.

6. Saturn is MC lord.

Thanks again Dhundhun. May I ask you one more question? If saturn is my most dominant planet in my natal chart as you've said then is capricorn my strongest astrological sign in my chart since saturn is the ruler of capricorn?

dr. farr

Thanks for your explanations. I've finally understood that I'm a Saturnian man, is it true?

For me, while Saturn is very important-indeed (as well brought out by dhundham, above) and what I consider to be part of the trinity of dominant planet in this chart (along with Venus and Jupiter-if I were forced to say which planet dominates, I would still go with Jupiter. Of course I do use certain additional considerations in these matters which are not generally known or credited, and these help support me (in my own mind that is!) in suggesting Jupiter as "king planet" here...

These are the points in favor of Saturn.

1. It goes stationary in progression in lifetime of native. Stationary Saturn exerts very strong influence for about 16 years.

2. It is handle of Bucket.

3. It is in 12th house. The influence of Saturn good or bad will be beyond control of Native.

4. Over period of time, in progression, it becomes most elevated in chart.

5. Saturn is strongly aspected with Asc lord.

6. Saturn is MC lord.
I agree with this being the handle of a bucket chart. But being a modern astrologer I don't agree with it ruling MC/Aquarius as URanus rules MC here... Saturn will mid life become stronger after first saturn return. Being retrograde suggests that father was either missing or simply ineffectual during early childhood years, therefore the male archetypal influences ie: structure, discipline etc were not well defined...
Bucket chart
http://www.myastrologybook.com/Bucket-planetary-pattern-astrology.htm
http://en.mimi.hu/astrology/bucket.html
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natal_astrology#Aspect_patterns
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/funnel.html
http://www.astrococktail.com/planetaryorderIII.html

In modern astrology, as waybread explained, sun, moon and Asc are three most important matters. Chart ruler mercury has two challenging squares to uranus and pluto. But overall the sun moon in Saggi in 7th is where the main focus in life will be ie: one to one relatinships or even poss business partnerships.

Catch me if you can Saggi with Gemini Asc will not be great at making decisions in fact gemini is notorious for sitting on the fence. Libra (7th house) will add indecisiveness, poss argmentativeness (added to mercury square Uranus - natal penchant for arguing) and then mercury square pluto - verbal lacerations, but great for researching.

dhundhun

Thanks again Dhundhun. May I ask you one more question? If saturn is my most dominant planet in my natal chart as you've said then is capricorn my strongest astrological sign in my chart since saturn is the ruler of capricorn?

No. Collectively 7th house is most active house, which happens to be Sagittarius. In this house Sun and Moon receive Sesquiquadrate stress aspect from Saturn. Also, Sagittarious ruler Jupiter is afflicted by Saturn.

Saturn is very much +ve with Mercury, giving precision and mathematical skills. Mercury being personal planets will have overall effect, not only limited to 7th house.

Saturn afflicting so many planets gives opportunity to Mars, if favorable making workohlic. If opportunity exists, you's enjoy professional life and will be successfully be able to lead collegues (in fact, in business, your partners). This also gives enterprenuring ability.

Good luck.

Thanks again Dhundhun.
My last question: Since Saturn is both serious and cold planet and Sagittarius is a jovial sign, what is my real character? Sometimes serious,sometimes jovial? Because you've explained that Saturn is my most important planet and sagittarius is my most important sign(not capricorn).

Thanks again Dhundhun.
My last question: Since Saturn is both serious and cold planet and Sagittarius is a jovial sign, what is my real character? Sometimes serious,sometimes jovial? Because you've explained that Saturn is my most important planet and sagittarius is my most important sign(not capricorn).

I don't use sesiquadrate aspects as they are so minor. Saturn is well aspected except for Jupiter opp Saturn. It does however have two quintile aspects (again minor) but if you want to research them

The Fifth Harmonic: The 5th harmonic chart indicates talent, if any. In the 5th harmonic chart, all of the quintiles and bi-quintiles come together as conjunctions, making them very easy to spot. The semi-quintiles and sesqua-quintiles become oppositions. Quintiles are one fifth of a circle (72 degrees) and they give talent and power, and show our ability to put things together (pattern recognition). It also has to do with creative play, the joy of making up games of finding patterns (like looking for "patterns" of cracks in the ceiling, or always stepping on cracks in the sidewalk, or always avoiding the cracks). People with strong 5th harmonics do things like that all the time.

Of course, taken to the extreme, this is a mental disorder, but those with a strong 5th harmonic usually manage to keep it under control, and then it becomes the basis for creative talent. You don't need a strong 5th harmonic to succeed as an artist, designer, scientist, or engineer, but it really helps.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-aspects/quintile-5th-harmonic.php
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quintile_biquintile.html

This aspect is considered somewhat similar to a semi-sextile (moderately beneficial), but effort is not needed to reap its benefits. Indicates talent and vaguely fortunate circumstances.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_aspect#Quintile

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Remember back to your school days an opposition is 180', square 90', trine 120', and sextile 60' Now challenged aspects are conj (depending on the planets, cos some like each other and some really don't) squares and oppositions. Easy aspects are conj (if the planets get along) eg: Jupiter conj Moon, sextile and trine. Quincunx is inbetween (depending on the planets) causes health strains and unresolved or hard to balance planets/energies.

jupiter.gif
opposition.gif
saturn.gif

Jupiter opposition Saturn
The opposition between Jupiter and Saturn suggests difficulty in recognizing personal limitations. In one sense this is good. You continue to plod forward in the face of just about any adversity, and you may face a good deal of adversity. This aspect often shows success coming in the later part of life. There is a tendency to compare yourself unfavorably with other people
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/jupiteraspects.html#juosa
Jupiter opposition Saturn: *You tend to seesaw between hope, optimism, and faith versus doubt and oppression by limitations and practical realities. You need to overcome impatience and restlessness in order to achieve your dreams and desires for a better life.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/jupitersaturnaspects.html Jupiter square or opposition Saturn
You suffer because you remember your failures more than your successes and consequently have a hard time developing a picture of yourself as a winner. In this sense you were born old. However, this same quality engenders a childish quality in you that tends to look for the "quick fix". Hard work and consistency of effort brings success for you just like it does for everyone else. Yes, you need some luck or some breaks, but these come from perspective, vision or aim in life. Work to see yourself as deserving good things in life... -- Interpretation from the Indra report
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/jupitersaturnaspects.html
[deleted quote over 100 words against forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

dhundhun

Thanks again Dhundhun.

Yes about 65% serious or restricted 35% jovial or progressive. Real character is doing serious efforts for some time, then enjoying outcome. For example Mar to Sept is time to work and from Oct to Feb for enjoying.

Yes about 65% serious or restricted 35% jovial or progressive. Real character is doing serious efforts for some time, then enjoying outcome. For example Mar to Sept is time to work and from Oct to Feb for enjoying.

perhaps you could share 'astrologically' at how you arrived at these conclusions :smile:

I'm always willing to learn new things....

'65% serious or reserved and 35% jovial or progressive' is definitely myself.

Thanks again Dhurdhun, i believe that you are competent in astrology because of your definitions about the importance of Saturn in my natal chart and your other comments about my chart. They are exactly correct.