Sun's houses / aspects and having traits of the sign that rule the planet / house.

BaoSanniang

Something I've wondered is whether the Sun's aspects to other planets and the Sun's position by house gives you traits of the sign that's associated with the planet / house.

For example, someone's a Leo, but his Sun is in the 8th house. Do you think it would make him less fiery, outgoing, and outspoken like a typical Leo and instead give him a kind of secretiveness and intensity similar to that of a Scorpio? If someone's an Aquarius but their Sun's in the 4th house, would it give the native Cancer traits?

Can someone with Sun in 8th house and in aspect to Mars and Pluto be just as Scorpio as a Scorpio sun, perhaps even more than someone who's simply a Scorpio?

I also wonder if this applies to other planets. For example, the effect of Moon-Neptune is equivalent to Moon in Pisces, the equivalent of Moon-Venus is Moon in Taurus, Moon-Pluto=Moon in Scorpio etc.

And then Venus-Saturn=Venus in Capricorn, Venus-Neptune=Venus in Pisces, Venus-Jupiter=Venus in Sagittarius etc.

If someone else is also a Cancer like me, and both our suns are in the 7th house, but his Sun's in aspect to both Uranus and Neptune while my sun is not, do you think it would modify the expression of his Cancer traits and overall personality very significantly?

Sun-Pluto in Scorpio=Scorpio traits are intensified?
Sun-Uranus in Aquarius=Aquarius traits are intensified?
Sun-Neptune in Pisces=Pisces traits are intensified?
Sun-Saturn in Capricorn=Capricorn traits are intensified?

For example, if someone's a Capricorn but he has multiple inner planets in aspect to Uranus and Neptune. Would it make him more dreamy and unconventional than a typical Capricorn?

Lin

Isabel HIckey, the great astrology teacher taught this:

The Sun in a sign that is not Leo (let's say Pisces) would be like Sun conj Neptune. Still has the traits of the Sun, the "job" of the Sun, but influenced by Neptune

The Sun in the 3rd house would be like the Sun conj Mercury.

Of course these would not be EXACT parallels but approximate ones.

The entire chart ALWAYS must be studied to ascertain how much of any influence is absorbed by the Sun's position by sign and house. And of course, aspects cannot be ignored.
LIN

JUPITERASC

Something I've wondered is whether the Sun's aspects to other planets and the Sun's position by house gives you traits of the sign that's associated with the planet / house.

For example, someone's a Leo, but his Sun is in the 8th house. Do you think it would make him less fiery, outgoing, and outspoken like a typical Leo and instead give him a kind of secretiveness and intensity similar to that of a Scorpio? If someone's an Aquarius but their Sun's in the 4th house, would it give the native Cancer traits?

Can someone with Sun in 8th house and in aspect to Mars and Pluto be just as Scorpio as a Scorpio sun, perhaps even more than someone who's simply a Scorpio?

I also wonder if this applies to other planets. For example, the effect of Moon-Neptune is equivalent to Moon in Pisces, the equivalent of Moon-Venus is Moon in Taurus, Moon-Pluto=Moon in Scorpio etc.

And then Venus-Saturn=Venus in Capricorn, Venus-Neptune=Venus in Pisces, Venus-Jupiter=Venus in Sagittarius etc.

If someone else is also a Cancer like me, and both our suns are in the 7th house, but his Sun's in aspect to both Uranus and Neptune while my sun is not, do you think it would modify the expression of his Cancer traits and overall personality very significantly?

For example, if someone's a Capricorn but he has multiple inner planets in aspect to Uranus and Neptune. Would it make him more dreamy and unconventional than a typical Capricorn?
Not necesssarily :smile:
the entire chart must be read as a whole

The significations of THE PLANET are most important

A PLANET acts

THEN

A HOUSE shows the area of life
in which the planet acts

as well as
how strongly the planet can act

i.e.
Most students are aware that houses are defined as
angular = 1st, 4th, 7th & 10th
succeedent = 2nd, 5th, 8th, & 11th
and
cadent = 3rd, 6th, 9th & 12th
as shown in the diagram below.

ang.gif

The houses are not all equal in strength and power.

If a planet is located in an angular house
it is much more forceful in its effects
than it would be in a cadent house.

On page 48 of Christian Astrology Lilly writes:
The angles are most powerful
the succeedents are next in virtue
the cadents poor and of little efficacy:
the succeedent houses follow the angles
the cadents come next [after] the succeedents.

In force and virtue they stand so in order:

1 10 7 4 11 5 9 3 2 8 6 12

astrological-houses-02.jpg

AND THEN
the quality of the planet's expression
is influenced by the SIGN location of the PLANET

wheel-layers-3d.jpg

love-thinking

And your example is basically me and the answer to your question is yes, aka me-INFP(the most 'dreamiest' personality type)

But this is my 2 cents.

The house is the nurture aspect. But keep in mind nurture does in fact does influence our personality type. A sun in leo in the 8th house probably has or will go through some sort of rough time in life or go through 8th house things. What he chooses to do with it, or whether he plans to go through it/expose himself/attract more 8th house things(death, occult, sex, bullying, abuse, betrayal) depends on whether or not he has sun in aspect to pluto. Whether it is good or bad 8th house things that he will take part in will depend on THE aspect.

Another thing to keep in mind: Aspects to planets will give different traits of each sign to the individual. For example sun-pluto is more powerful, able to navigate through environment, he/she will have leadership qualities, he may even be a politician, into politics, may be powerhungry, and will be more jealous of other people's power/success/fame etc. A moon-pluto will be more private, mysterious, neurotic, emotionally obsessive(toward family, friends and lovers) than the above. Why because sun does well in scorpio, and moon does not. Sun wants power and scorpio has plenty and moon wants to be nurturing, and scorpio's negativity and paranoia doesn't grant the moon any sort of stability and grace when it comes to expressing emotions.

Sun in 8th house will transform through bad experiences or will be sort of a wizard of some sorts who uses the occult arts for power and transformation. Moon in 8th house will feel much more overwhelmed by these energies and will be marked by it. For example, sun in 8th house may be beaten up when bullied in school but now took the experience and it motivated him to learn boxing. Moon in 8th house will have emotional trauma/abandonment issues so deep that either some sort of dissociation takes place(depending on dignity of the moon) or the person will suffer from life long emotional instability. But 8th house could also show who died in the person's life.

Then you have to see agenda. If someone has venus in aquarius but the person has moon in scorpio square pluto and mars in scorpio with it. Chances are the person isn't looking for a light hearted relationship. In this case, venus in aquarius is like the person that feels left out in the group project.

Or if moon is in aquarius, but in the 7th house with venus, the person likes sensuality and the only common ground aquarius and the sensual moon has in common is to seek pleasure from multiple new and beautiful women(venus).

I hope this helps.