What transits show relocation?

gem1ni

Why is it sometimes easy to move to a location and at other times it's hard? Why is it difficult to move to places that look good astrologically (such as the ones with Venus or Jupiter on the angles)?

Since I'm a traveller by the stars, I've been thinking of these questions for a long time. I always take into account relocated charts when moving and I apply for jobs in locations that seem astrologically favorable. However, things are not that easy.

Being drawn to a place doesn't mean you get the means (the "invitation") to go there. Why is this?

Astrologers say that it's the IC, planets in the 4th and the ruler and its transits, as well as the vertex and transit of planets to the vertex that show if a person will relocate to a place. Planetary direction linking the place of residence with the place of desired location might also come into play. But this doesn't always work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Zarathu

Account Closed
Why is it sometimes easy to move to a location and at other times it's hard? Why is it difficult to move to places that look good astrologically (such as the ones with Venus or Jupiter on the angles)?

Since I'm a traveller by the stars, I've been thinking of these questions for a long time. I always take into account relocated charts when moving and I apply for jobs in locations that seem astrologically favorable. However, things are not that easy.

Being drawn to a place doesn't mean you get the means (the "invitation") to go there. Why is this?

Astrologers say that it's the IC, planets in the 4th and the ruler and its transits, as well as the vertex and transit of planets to the vertex that show if a person will relocate to a place. Planetary direction linking the place of residence with the place of desired location might also come into play. But this doesn't always work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Astro*Cartography usually puts you moving closer to your Jupiter or Venus Lines. I find that thats really too simple. You have to choose what aspect of your life that you wish to augment. Its rare that you can have career, love, and health all augmented by the same move.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Often, progressed Moon into the natal 4th and 10th houses may cause a big relocation (ie not just changing the apartment from one neighbourhood into another). Check out your progressed Moon. Saturn transiting the natal 4th/10th houses could also trigger change.

:)AQ7

gem1ni

Hi,

Often, progressed Moon into the natal 4th and 10th houses may cause a big relocation (ie not just changing the apartment from one neighbourhood into another). Check out your progressed Moon. Saturn transiting the natal 4th/10th houses could also trigger change.

What about transits and progressions to places one wants to relocate to? Transits to the natal may show a move but they don't show where one will go. I'm still trying to figure out how to go to places that are likely to be good for me but I can't go unless I get a job there. So I must somehow be "invited" to the place.

I'm applying for jobs but that's not enough. The place must somehow want me.

aquarius7000

Hi,
What about transits and progressions to places one wants to relocate to? Transits to the natal may show a move but they don't show where one will go. I'm still trying to figure out how to go to places that are likely to be good for me but I can't go unless I get a job there. So I must somehow be "invited" to the place.

I'm applying for jobs but that's not enough. The place must somehow want me.
Well, of course, you can check out the transits, etc to wherever you want to go.

The place will want you only when the time is right, and, if that particular place is right for you. Every place we are meant to be, is where there are lessons for us to learn. Not simply where we want to be because we can earn well there, or whatever. It doesn't always work out there, or may work out at a later time in life. Life has its own plan for us.

Often, if Saturn is transiting your 4th house, and, say, if Cap rules your natal MC, or natal Saturn is in the 10th house, the move could be career-related. If it rules your IC, or is in your natal 4th house, it could be due to family. If it rules your 7th house, it could be due to a partner. But these are broad scopes, the fine tuning comes from considering various things in a chart, which is time-consuming if you want to go into details.

gem1ni

Hi,

The place will want you only when the time is right, and, if that particular place is right for you. Every place we are meant to be, is where there are lessons for us to learn. Not simply where we want to be because we can earn well there, or whatever. It doesn't always work out there, or may work out at a later time in life. Life has its own plan for us.

But this is exactl my point. What transits, aspects or ptogression show the astrological indcations of what life has in plan for us. The point of astrology is that it shows these things through the chart.

I've applied for a job where I have Taurus MC, Venus in 10th in Gemini, now being transitted by Jupiter. I hope I can get it although I'm not hopeful because they're taking a long time to reply. In my current location Venus is in First close to AC (as is transiting Jupiter). Shouldn't this be an indication of travel for work (the connection between the two places?)

ashriia

Zarathu is right on the mark.

You might move somewhere and get that perfect dream job, which you studied in the relocated chart and found suitable. But you can find other areas in your life changing, lack of friends, issues with family, aggressive people. there is no perfect place to live where you can have complete control of your fate. you're always going to get blindsighted by some issue or other regardless.

PD187540

I'd say that the progressed Moon on the 4th House cusp/in the 4th House is a good indication for a move. Also, progressed MC in Sagittarius could indicate a move for career.

Caro

I have currently had a flurry of job opportunites which would involve relocation. This followed the new moon in July.(but mercury was rx)

the drive - Jupiter move to cancer is a good one for me and is moving towards my 9th house. Saturn is in scorpio moving direct again now towards my asc. Saturn natally rules my 3rd and 4th house( in which I have a stellium.) my progressed moon in scorpio in 1st. (Jupiter rules 2nd and 5th)

I have been offered one job which would involve a move to a new region. another in the pipe line is a move half way across the world!(which I will probably decline for family reasons) Although, I have Jupiter in 9th it trines Saturn and that keeps my feet on the ground.

mars in 12th natally - Im currently pondering if this will be a good move for me. as they really have come out of the blue. I didn't apply for any.

you know, there just might be something in astrology!

gem1ni

Some astrologers also say that we need to look at the tranists happening at the time when we are offered an opportunity to relocate. Apparently if the tranists are not positive, the relocation would not be advisable.

I have this problem right now. I was offered a job at a place where my relocated chart is this, http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65281

When I was shortlised and had the interview I had Saturn conjunct Neptune exact. I also had transit Jupiter conjunct AC and Neptune quincux Sun. Shortly afterwards I had an on-going transit of Saturn square Sun.

Notice that in the relocated chart Jupiter is conjunct the AC, Sun conjunct the DC, Saturn is close to the AC and Neptune close to the MC. Relocation astrology never ceases to amaze me. Is there a pattern there or what?

The problem is that these indications are so mixed that I still don't know if I should accept the job. I've put them on hold while I'm waiting for other jobs which are less equivocal to respond. What do I trust: the Saturn squares and conjunctions or the Jupiter AC?

What worries me most about this location is that it's in a non-Western country and Neptune Sun transits would make this seem very alien and strange. Having an afflicted Jupiter smack on the AC wouldn't help either. The only benefit is that it's a good job with a high salary.

astro11

Personally, I would trust your instinct and comfort level for this decision. If you feel too apprehensive perhaps it is a sign that you shouldn't go. Of course the transits will give you important information but for such a big decision I wouldn't rely solely on the astrology of it.

aquarius7000

Hi,

That it is,

My Seconday processing moon is in 4th house now....
This is a strong point for relocation. Or else, there could be some move within the house, like two families moving in together, or say the in-laws/parents, due to age issues moving in with you (just examples). Point is something that brings in some change on the home front. For me, for e.g., the prog. Moon is on the natal 10th, and I have recently made a big move due to a new job.

But this is exactl my point. What transits, aspects or ptogression show the astrological indcations of what life has in plan for us. The point of astrology is that it shows these things through the chart....
Astrology is not a living person that stands there and dictates to us what answer to key in verbatim for the querent. The point is that transits, progs, etc over a house can show 5 different possibilities of events in real life. I have just given an e.g. of two possibilities above re Moon over the 4th house. There are more. And, this is just considering one prog planet over one house. There are 10 other planets and 12 houses. THere are transits, etc to be considered, so it takes a very well-versed astrologer, with a lot of time on their hands, to put their finger on the exact area-of-life translation of a progression, that too after spending hours/days on the different areas of the same chart.

Best

Last edited: