"The Aries Point"

Cascada

Has anyone heard of this? It's a planet at zero degrees of either Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn. Well I think that's what it is anyway :andy: I have my Moon at zero degrees Libra, and it only makes one major aspect- a conjunction to Venus in the 2nd house, Virgo. Does anyone think there's some significance to this or is it not worth looking into? Here's some text from a site I've found, though I usually look into things more before I start putting any amount of belief on these sort of things:

"The AP represents a movement (cardinal) from an inner quality to an outer manifestation. It orients us towards the world at large—society, public events and all relationships propelled from the individual to the collective. Sometimes it represents a "spectacular out rush of energies... and involvement with the world at large" Celest Teal."

"As the first degree of Libra, this placement says, “I relate”, suggesting how our drive to interact with others in socially significant ways moves from our inner world and out towards other individuals."

"What does it mean if a planet or point conjuncts the AP? Power behind dominant traits and public projection. He says, “…the AP can be an indicator of an individual's Potential for Public Projection. Often this measurement was uncannily related to the person's claim to fame or for what they will be remembered. When there was direct contact between a specific Planet or Point (i.e. Ascendant or Midheaven) and the AP (within a two-degree orb), there was frequently a distinguishable relationship with the energies traditionally associated with that planet that was publicly observable in the individual.”"

"Moon-AP Suggests that our inner world of feelings, reflections and intuition expresses in public ways, and these qualities are noticed by the collective. The famous psychic."

Any opinions and help will be appreciated :)

Southpaw

Banned
Has anyone heard of this? It's a planet at zero degrees of either Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn. Well I think that's what it is anyway :andy: I have my Moon at zero degrees Libra, and it only makes one major aspect- a conjunction to Venus in the 2nd house, Virgo. Does anyone think there's some significance to this or is it not worth looking into? Here's some text from a site I've found, though I usually look into things more before I start putting any amount of belief on these sort of things:

"The AP represents a movement (cardinal) from an inner quality to an outer manifestation. It orients us towards the world at large—society, public events and all relationships propelled from the individual to the collective. Sometimes it represents a "spectacular out rush of energies... and involvement with the world at large" Celest Teal."

"As the first degree of Libra, this placement says, “I relate”, suggesting how our drive to interact with others in socially significant ways moves from our inner world and out towards other individuals."

"What does it mean if a planet or point conjuncts the AP? Power behind dominant traits and public projection. He says, “…the AP can be an indicator of an individual's Potential for Public Projection. Often this measurement was uncannily related to the person's claim to fame or for what they will be remembered. When there was direct contact between a specific Planet or Point (i.e. Ascendant or Midheaven) and the AP (within a two-degree orb), there was frequently a distinguishable relationship with the energies traditionally associated with that planet that was publicly observable in the individual.”"

"Moon-AP Suggests that our inner world of feelings, reflections and intuition expresses in public ways, and these qualities are noticed by the collective. The famous psychic."

Any opinions and help will be appreciated :)
I have 4 planets making contact with the AP.

The explanation you posted for the AP is pretty similar to what I read about it a long time ago. Having contact with the AP should give a planet some live exposure.

Sun-AP Can mean our energy, vitality and drive seeks to express through society. People see us for our solar qualities and we propel our creative drive into the collective. The famous individual.

Moon-AP Suggests that our inner world of feelings, reflections and intuition expresses in public ways, and these qualities are noticed by the collective. The famous psychic.

Mercury-AP Can mean our intellect, thoughts and ways of communicating capture the public eye. We are recognized as being witty, bright, mercurial, and clever. The famous writer.

Venus-AP Can mean our sensual, accommodating ability to connect and bond with others moves out into a greater social arena. People see us for our capricious, artistic and ingratiating qualities. The famous artist.

Eros-APSuggests our passionate desire for erotic transformation is noticed by the collective. People see our potent energy as tantalizing or threatening, according to their own views. The famous courtesan.

Mars-AP Suggests our assertive, direct and action oriented qualities grab the attention of society. We are seen as commanding, raw and imposing. The famous warrior.

Jupiter-APCan mean our leadership qualities, expansiveness, optimism and call for justice capture the attention of the collective. We are seen for our vision, immensity, and joviality. The famous world leader.

Saturn-APSuggests our ability to build tangible results through persistent and sustained effort is highlighted by public acclaim. We are seen for our ambition, caution and pragmatic detail. The famous corporate director.

Chiron-AP suggests renown for our ability to teach, understand, strive for the impossible and restore compassion. We are seen as a healer for those who have lost faith or are in despair. The famous Guru.

Uranus-AP suggests our ability to make sudden changes, rebel against dogmatic convictions and break out of the safety zone is noticed by society. We are seen as surprising, inventive and inspiring. The famous revolutionary.

Neptune-AP The longing for the divine and the desire to merge with the collective unconscious is captured by the projection of society. We are seen as the public want to see us. The famous movie star.

Pluto-AP The ruthless drive for power and control is noticed socially as it wrestles with the need to plumb the depths of the unconscious mind. We are seen for our potent qualities, the dark hero who can be transformed. The famous eccentric.

Last edited:

Cascada

I have 4 planets making contact with the AP.

The explanation you posted for the AP is pretty similar to what I read about it a long time ago. Having contact with the AP should give a planet some live exposure.

I have about 4 too, with only one of them being a major aspect (conjunct to Venus). Do you know where I could find more information on this topic?

JUPITERASC

Previous discussion re: Aries Point is viewable at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16118&highlight="Aries+Point"

As well as that, JerryRR made the following comment on another thread on the same subject :smile:
"I have found the Aries point extremely useful.Although it is not an energy source like a true planet,the Aries point is treated like a planet in that it receives and gives aspects in the normal manner.Most important,it can be the focus of midpoint combinations...the aries point represents the most impersonal but also the widest social contacts: ones relationship to the larger world around one." If one ever becomes famous or makes a significant impact on society outside ones circle of friends and associates,it is through symbols that relate to the Aries Point."

Horoscope Symbols by Robert Hand.

J.R

Southpaw

Banned
"I have found the Aries point extremely useful.Although it is not an energy source like a true planet,the Aries point is treated like a planet in that it receives and gives aspects in the normal manner.Most important,it can be the focus of midpoint combinations...the aries point represents the most impersonal but also the widest social contacts: ones relationship to the larger world around one." If one ever becomes famous or makes a significant impact on society outside ones circle of friends and associates,it is through symbols that relate to the Aries Point."

Horoscope Symbols by Robert Hand.

J.R.
Nice. Good news for me then. My Venus, which is on an Aries point, also happens to be conjunct the midpoint for my Sun-Moon and Pluto-Moon. Plus Venus is placed in the house of its Joy along with being the Midheaven ruler.

A fortune teller did an interpretation, I don't know what system they used, for me when I was a newborn. According to their reading, I could excel in fields that cater to women, or industries that are typically dominated by females. The fortune teller also believed alliances with women would hold a lot of weight for me.

Last edited:

Anachiel

The Aries Point is used a lot in Uranian Astrology. In fact, I think it is the place where the Aries Point is given any sort of important status.

Your comment about any planet at the cardinal points 0 degrees being effective is a very Uranian concept. Check it out.

Cascada

The Aries Point is used a lot in Uranian Astrology. In fact, I think it is the place where the Aries Point is given any sort of important status.

Your comment about any planet at the cardinal points 0 degrees being effective is a very Uranian concept. Check it out.

Thank you Anachiel, I will look it up! :biggrin: do you recommend any sites or books to begin with?

So I have Moon on the Aries Point, and then I have Venus conjunct Moon with a 3 degree orb, so it's not close enough to be considered conjunct the Aries Point (and yet it's conjunct the moon which is really confusing :tongue:). Do you think aspects such as this conjunction will play an important part to my Aries Point? I also have Moon semisquare Mercury, so I'm guessing the aspect applies to the Aries Point too if it is within a 2 degree orb, and the same goes for my Moon biquintile Saturn.

Last edited:

Anachiel

Just google Uranian Astrology and/or Cosmobiology and you'll find a few places. The Uranian system is more focused on midpoints and divisions of the chart in 22 degree, 45 degree, and 90 degree sensitive points. It's a facinating system using dials and all sorts of turned charts and theoretical planets.

Anyway, they (Uranian system) use the Aries point in that system and the Carninal points are particularly potent in their system. Off the top of my head I believe the Aries Point represented the general public; how you affect it or it affects you. But, you can't mix-and-match that (Uranian system) with regular, western, modern astrology because then everything just makes no sense and is a mess. Uranian is for Uranian, it is it's own system, parts and all.

Just wanted to mention it as, like I said, the Aries Point is given good consideration in that system. :)

M

may28gemini

i like aries point planets. i think it gives us a lot of drive and initiation for the planet.

my aries point is 0 libra jupiter in the 1st house and makes a lot of aspects to my chart:

trine sun
opposite moon
square mercury
trine mars
conjunct saturn
sextile uranus
square neptune
conjunct AC
square MC

in many ways, i am a plucky person and i attract jupiterian types of people. i'm usually pretty jovial, optimistic, and forgiving towards others and people (usually strangers) will be generous towards me several times over. i don't expect anything from anyone and it always surprises me when others are good to me. as for the "bad" ones, i spend zero time and effort on them so it may seem like they've never existed. in that way, i am generous because i don't hold anything against others. also, my moon is pisces which is ruled by jupiter. i generally have fun where ever i go, regardless of who i'm with or without. i like having a nice time no matter what and have a refusal to be bogged down for too long. it doesn't take me that long to bounce back.