Placements for writers

katydid

Interesting thread... I dream of being a writer and somehow I feel like I got all these absurd marks for writing in my chart

Cancer sun/Mercury, Gemini Venus on the MC, Virgo moon/Mars on the AC, Pluto 3rd house, Rx Mercury, born right in the middle of the Neptune-Uranus conjunction in my 5th house tightly opposite my Mercury, preponderance of Rx energy(5 planets), Mercury is strong in general with aspects to Pluto, Uranus, Neptune, and Mars, all Rx save for Mars

Great chart for writing.

yuriv

I write too, my focus last year was poetry and I found out a particularly interesting thing in connection now, the poetry I enjoyed most was earthy themes -nature, materialism. They were topics I actually worked at writing it and not just free flowing like I am wont to do. I have mercury in Taurus. Neptune in Capricorn.

About Pisces and imagination, and how it works in my writing, one theme I notice apart from escapism issue I tend to deal with is the idea of merging. My protagonist usually is in a situation of merging. I have my Pisces Descendant with Saturn in it.

I also recommend looking at the water houses by extension the modality present in those houses will suggest the kind of consciousness the writer has.

Ottobeuren

Gemini888

Excellent thread!

Using Equal house system! My son has Gemini sun ☌ H5 cusp, Mars partile ☌ H5 Gemini cusp, with Mercury in Cancer H5 ✰ Jupiter in Leo, Jupiter Lord of H10 Sagittarius.

Mercury ∥ Mars. Mercury and Mars are Out-of-Bounds!

He is a journalist.

corvidcatharsis

I have the sun in Gemini, the moon in Sagittarius and my ascendant in Pisces. My Mercury is in conjunction with Mars and is in Taurus. I was also born under the Uranus-Neptune conjunction.

I mostly write poetry. I find I don't have patience for longer work.

Gemini888

I write too, my focus last year was poetry and I found out a particularly interesting thing in connection now, the poetry I enjoyed most was earthy themes -nature, materialism. They were topics I actually worked at writing it and not just free flowing like I am wont to do. I have mercury in Taurus. Neptune in Capricorn.

About Pisces and imagination, and how it works in my writing, one theme I notice apart from escapism issue I tend to deal with is the idea of merging. My protagonist usually is in a situation of merging. I have my Pisces Descendant with Saturn in it.

I also recommend looking at the water houses by extension the modality present in those houses will suggest the kind of consciousness the writer has.
I'm also writing. I have Sun and Merc in Gemini, but they are all in 2H. Venus in Taurus and in 1H, but it's almost unaspected.

About the content of my writing, I have Saturn in Pisces and 12H. My moon is also technically in 12H, but it conjuncts Asc with 1 deg orb, so I'm unsure whether it belongs to 12H or 1H. My MC is in Cap and forms a sextile to its ruler. And my protagonist has co-dependency problem and would do anything to get other people to structure his life, even if it means harming others.

Flapjacks

Her MC is part of a nice Earth Grand Trine. [MC trine Merc/Venus trine Uranus/Neptune]

Her MC is 15 Virgo, trining the Uranus/Neptune conjunction which is @ 17 Cap.

Also, her chart is a bucket, with everything below the horizon, except Jupiter, in the 9th, @ 5 Virgo.

She does a lot of international travel for work and Jupiter rules her Sag ascendant.

Mercury, ruler of the MC is in the 6th, @ 20 Taurus, trining the Uranus /Neptune and the MC.

That sounds like a good indicator for public success for her talents, especially the Sag ASC with Jupiter's placement in the 9th approaching the MC.

Cary2

Banned
I use midpoint combinations together with the aspects and configurations. I use Quintile, bi-Quintile, semi-square, and sesquiquadrate. I find that Moon with Asc, MC, Desc, IC, or Moon aspecting the midpoint of these is very good. Saturn/Neptune can help. These help with a poetic flare in the writing.

Of course anything that emphasizes Mercury helps, for instance Mercury in Virgo or 6th house is common, but most of all are mp pictures or configurations of three or more in combination. Mercury/Jupiter/Uranus (novelist, very original, witty reparte), Mercury/Jupiter/Neptune (fiction especially), Mercury/Jupiter/Pluto (literary, crime novels) various combinations of these in midpoint pictures or configurations. Or simply Mercury/Neptune or Mercury/Jupiter or Mercury/Pluto.

Mercury/Jupiter/Uranus need not be fiction.

Avid writer since a kid, though have never pursued publishing. It's just something I enjoy. Lots of journaling, poetry, short stories.

Gemini rising, with Mercury in Scorpio (I love the deep dark spooky psychological stuff) in the 6th (can become obsessed with the details), tightly conjunct south node, trine moon and square midheaven.

I think strong Mercury indicates a writer in general, and perhaps aspects to the moon or Neptune would indicate a poet. Jack Kerouac had his moon tightly conjunct his Virgo ascendant, with Mercury in the 6th in Aquarius.

Forgotten Warrior

I probably came here a bit too late...
I love writing ,it's one of my passions,but I'm not sure if I can still pursue it...
I have a tight Venus-Neptune conjunction in 3rd house Aquarius, opposed by Jupiter in 9th house Leo.I have a Cancer Moon and a Virgo MC,and my Sun,Mercury and Uranus are in 4th house Pisces...
been looking for a post like this,it's so interesting!