Storm Haiyan Survivor - My family all dead

Marinka

A few last points that I would like to provide --

Your brother seemed to be a very strong person that would always take his own path. This I see from the Aquarius rising (Uranus ruled) and the Uranus also sitting at the ascendant.

The Sun, Mars, and Mercury in Aries would have added the characteristics of being very brave and courageous and not just on the surface as these planets in addition to the conjunction between themselves, had the trine to pluto which would make this a deep and resilient strength.

There is the moon in the 6th house of service in Cancer which is very family orientated. This opposes the Jupiter in the 12th house. Jupiter in this position of the 12th house is difficult in that, it doesn't help you much in normal activities of your life, it expects the person to make their own way (not much luck) but, it's usually there if the situation becomes dire as a "last resort". It's significant that Jupiter is in a difficult angle to the moon and ... I'll leave it at that.

I don't know if you noticed that you and your brother have some similarities in your charts - the planets in the 12th, 2nd, and the moon in the 6th. You also have the Ascendant in Aries with the sun near the ascendant. This is what I like to think of as a double-Aries (Aries ascendant/Aries sun). Your brother had the double-Uranus (Aquarius ascendant/Uranus rising).

Nexus7

Hello Chasama

I am sorry to hear about the unimaginable losses that you have experienced. As the poster before me observed, your brother had stellium of planets involving Sun, Mercury, Saturn and Mars. Your brother might have had a strong sense of initiative, but not always known what to do with the facts at his disposal, or felt frustrated by the limitations of his given situation. All I would add to that is that this stellium would have been strengthened by the fact that these planets are also all in midpoints to each other! That is, He had a Moon/Jupiter opposition too and Uranus, his chart ruler, on his ascendant - perhaps he had a tendency to bite off more than he could chew, somehow.

You have Uranus on the midheaven, so temperamentally you might both have shared a desire to break away from established moulds and to strike out your own paths - depending on how close these times are.

The first thing that struck my about your chart was the Saturn/Neptune conjunction, also in your Midheaven. That could well be experienced as representing circumstances way beyond your control. And you have had Pluto transitting this Neptune, and your Saturn, as well as having Uranus transitting your Ascendant.

This Uranus/Pluto square transitting your angles is perceived as being very disruptive overall, both politically and economically - and perhaps ecologically, too. You will need to heal and I hope you will have the support from all those bodies involved in the rescue efforts ongoing, but long term, with these natal aspects, I wonder if your life work will not involve looking to raise awareness about what these events may be about.

You brother meanwhile had Saturn transitting his Midheaven. Uranus had recently passed his Sun and Mercury, and Jupiter his Moon.He also had Pluto transitting his natal Saturn - and these transits do hint at closure from his point of view, rather than otherwise.

JUPITERASC

Thank you so much Poyi for all your readings on my chart. It is quite sad to know that even my chart shows such events for my brother, I will also assume that the fate of my (mother and grandma) must be there too.

I was in the point of blaming myself,
(since someone from my mom's side actually blamed me)
that I couldn't save them....
When people are emotionally distraught
their extreme grief means their thinking is not so rational
and they can make ridiculous allegations.

The deadly Typhoon which killed over five thousand five hundred people
and also killed your family
and several thousand other people
was obviously beyond your control.

image2.png

'….In the first two weeks of November, Typhoon Haiyan formed and rapidly intensified to a Category 5 super typhoon until the wind speed was over 190 mph, making it the fourth most intense cyclone ever. When it hit the Philippines, it became the strongest cyclone ever recorded that made a landfall. The storm caused major devastation and also struck other areas including Southern China, Vietnam, and Micronesia.

The devastation was greatest in the Philippines. The United Nations has estimated that about 11 million people in this country have been affected, and over 5,500 people have been killed. The total financial value of the damage caused by the hurricane is projected to be around $1.4 billion.....'

'….Tacloban City was struck by the full force of the storm. The bustling city with a population of over two hundred thousand had many buildings destroyed, the coastline was hit hard, with most buildings destroyed. The airport was completely destroyed except for the runway. Many areas were flooded due to storm surges, causing more damage than the high wind speeds of the typhoon. Many thousands of people waited at airports in the hope that they could be evacuated from the city, but the evacuations are taking place slowly....'

image3.png

'….Many residents became aggravated, and the military was sent to the city to get the situation under control. There has been a lot of looting in the city, as well as attacks on relief trucks to get access to food. In addition, there have been raids on government food stockpiles. Security checkpoints are now in place all over Tacloban. Although most other settlements have not been hit as hard as Tacloban was, those that were affected still suffer from the same problems as Tacloban does.....'

It would be nice to do some of the stuff my brother wanted to do, he also took up the same course I did and pretty much likes what I like as well, so I think doing better and being the best at what I (we) can do can make him happy.

I don't know if I do find a counselor here, so far my partner has been getting all my thoughts and emotions for the meantime. I do hope I encounter some people who also are in the similar position with me in Haiyan and would be able to relate better.

I just promised on my brother's dead body when I found him, that I'll be the best and be powerful. That was the only words I could say really.
Experiencing a traumatic event that happens so fast

makes it normal to wonder 'what if' something else COULD have happened.

But the truth is, the past has gone

and even the future is unstable

so all we ever have is the present moment

You made a promise to your dead brother when you found his body

that you would be the best and powerful

and I am certain you shall fulfil that promise

and that your brother shall remain a lifelong inspiration to you.

chasama

A few last points that I would like to provide --

Your brother seemed to be a very strong person that would always take his own path. This I see from the Aquarius rising (Uranus ruled) and the Uranus also sitting at the ascendant.

The Sun, Mars, and Mercury in Aries would have added the characteristics of being very brave and courageous and not just on the surface as these planets in addition to the conjunction between themselves, had the trine to pluto which would make this a deep and resilient strength.

There is the moon in the 6th house of service in Cancer which is very family orientated. This opposes the Jupiter in the 12th house. Jupiter in this position of the 12th house is difficult in that, it doesn't help you much in normal activities of your life, it expects the person to make their own way (not much luck) but, it's usually there if the situation becomes dire as a "last resort". It's significant that Jupiter is in a difficult angle to the moon and ... I'll leave it at that.

I don't know if you noticed that you and your brother have some similarities in your charts - the planets in the 12th, 2nd, and the moon in the 6th. You also have the Ascendant in Aries with the sun near the ascendant. This is what I like to think of as a double-Aries (Aries ascendant/Aries sun). Your brother had the double-Uranus (Aquarius ascendant/Uranus rising).

Hi Marinka,

Thank you so much for this. I do agree with the deep strength of my brother. And make sure to proceed with more strength in my upcoming journeys. It's good to know that we had some similarities which was also quite obvious personally. Just never thought that time with him would have been so short.

chasama

You made a promise to your dead brother when you found his body

that you would be the best and powerful

and I am certain you shall fulfil that promise

and that your brother shall remain a lifelong inspiration to you.

Yes, I will. I need to live my life as if I'm living "our" lives. Making sure that everything that comes from me will be extraordinary. I do believe their souls will guide and watch me during my lifetime.

chasama

This Uranus/Pluto square transitting your angles is perceived as being very disruptive overall, both politically and economically - and perhaps ecologically, too. You will need to heal and I hope you will have the support from all those bodies involved in the rescue efforts ongoing, but long term, with these natal aspects, I wonder if your life work will not involve looking to raise awareness about what these events may be about.

Yeah, somehow I do need to heal. I just don't know on how to. I've always been dealing with my emotions alone, but this is kind of too much.

You brother meanwhile had Saturn transitting his Midheaven. Uranus had recently passed his Sun and Mercury, and Jupiter his Moon.He also had Pluto transitting his natal Saturn - and these transits do hint at closure from his point of view, rather than otherwise.

Closure? So, kind of like saying he is at peace now?

Nexus7

Originally Posted by Nexus7
Yeah, somehow I do need to heal. I just don't know on how to. I've always been dealing with my emotions alone, but this is kind of too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus7

Closure? So, kind of like saying he is at peace now?

Chasama

I am most familiar with modern astrology, rather than horary or traditional, so interpretations for the transits I saw operative in your brother's chart tend to be equivocal than definitely indicating the end of of a life. Transits such as these have been seen to correlate with bankruptcy with the bailiffs coming round, being fired - though still the idea of 'endings' is still there. Some astrologers see Jupiter transits, and your brother had had one recently to his Moon, albeit not yesterday, and some people have linked these to death - but representing a happy release from this world to a better place.

Taken together, these transits did have a look of closure, in that a radical ending of some kind did seem indicated.

As for healing, I would imagine that this would by any standards be overwhelming. It certainly does seem a good idea keep a healthy distance from those who 'cope' by finding someone else to blame. Hopefully too you will find others who have been through something similar and who will be best able to understand your experience better.

chasama

Chasama

I am most familiar with modern astrology, rather than horary or traditional, so interpretations for the transits I saw operative in your brother's chart tend to be equivocal than definitely indicating the end of of a life. Transits such as these have been seen to correlate with bankruptcy with the bailiffs coming round, being fired - though still the idea of 'endings' is still there. Some astrologers see Jupiter transits, and your brother had had one recently to his Moon, albeit not yesterday, and some people have linked these to death - but representing a happy release from this world to a better place.

Taken together, these transits did have a look of closure, in that a radical ending of some kind did seem indicated.

As for healing, I would imagine that this would by any standards be overwhelming. It certainly does seem a good idea keep a healthy distance from those who 'cope' by finding someone else to blame. Hopefully too you will find others who have been through something similar and who will be best able to understand your experience better.

Hi Nexus7,

Thanks for the reply. I am at least happy to know that in his charts has some sort of closure. I know that I will not really know the real answer on how he feels, but at least it gives me some hope that it wasn't all that bad for him.

I did have some dreams lately that indicate that I should not go back to my hometown. I was at my old house (where I feel the most I can call home), where in it was getting dark, but my family was nowhere. I checked the front door of our house, it was open. I was shocked that it wasn't closed at all, considering they all left. And the back door was deeply shut (with extra locks and all that aren't even existent in real life). I feel like they don't want me to go back and just go forward.

There have been very annoying people, but equally there have been some people who are nice and supportive. The annoying ones stopped contact with me anyway.

Nexus7

Dear Chasama

Dreams can be incredible things. I don't know if you are aware of the fact that in some cultures the windows are always opened after a death at home, to release the soul on its way to a better place....I am not a medium either, but this seems to be a very positive message both about not going back as you say, but again that your family may be at peace rather than not.

JUPITERASC

.....I did have some dreams lately that indicate that I should not go back to my hometown. I was at my old house (where I feel the most I can call home), where in it was getting dark, but my family was nowhere. I checked the front door of our house, it was open. I was shocked that it wasn't closed at all, considering they all left. And the back door was deeply shut (with extra locks and all that aren't even existent in real life). I feel like they don't want me to go back and just go forward.

There have been very annoying people, but equally there have been some people who are nice and supportive. The annoying ones stopped contact with me anyway.
'.....To see an abandoned house in your dream implies that you have left behind your past. You are ready to move forward toward the future....'

DREAM MOODS DREAM DICTIONARY
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/l.htm

chasama

Dear Chasama

Dreams can be incredible things. I don't know if you are aware of the fact that in some cultures the windows are always opened after a death at home, to release the soul on its way to a better place....I am not a medium either, but this seems to be a very positive message both about not going back as you say, but again that your family may be at peace rather than not.

Yeah, Tacloban is still in bad shape right now. And so are their bodies. I believe they don't want me to go back there and witness the horror. During the entire course of my travel in going out Tacloban, I never saw another corpse besides my brother, even though my boyfriend was pointing at them along the way. I think they were pretty much covering my eyes, making sure I don't see something unsightly.

chasama

'.....To see an abandoned house in your dream implies that you have left behind your past. You are ready to move forward toward the future....'

DREAM MOODS DREAM DICTIONARY
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/l.htm

That's great to know. I believe that this is connected to me not returning there, as all there is the past, and my future cannot be found there. Not anymore. I think that it will take a long while till the city rises up again. Being someone who relies entirely with the web for my work, it would be hard to start over in Tacloban, specially with all the mixed emotions and memories in there.

Someone also told me that: "Smiling brother denotes you will have a distinctive change in your life for the better." I did dream that my brother was okay and he was reunited with me. He was of course smiling.