Any insights to this aspects "Sun sesquiquadrate moon"?

cskhee2

To whom it may concern,

I found this aspect as I am reading my report. The aspect is Sun sesquiquadrate Moon. The following is the interpretation and I need help with any insights to this aspect.

Sun sesquiquadrate Moon
====================
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Torn between different directions in life with feelings going one way and willpower another. A sense of being caught in the middle - forced to choose between surroundings that are emotionally supportive (but not progressive) and new directions that bring advancement but may be at the expense of comfort. Getting these opposing energies to work together requires real compromising skill. It is helpful to see life not as 'black-white' or 'all-or-nothing', but as a complex sliding-scale of varying shades and subtleties.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Thanks for the input and advise![/FONT]

cindystubbs

The key to understanding my Sun opposition Moon was the signs.

My Sagittarius Sun wants to wander, my Cancer Moon wants to stay home.
There is a thread here on the sesquiquadrate, try a Search.
There is an astrologer that says this aspect is one filled with subconscious longings, one named Kira on the internet.

It is supposed to be an uncomfortable aspect like a square.:p

This aspect is only a minor one to be considered 'after' the biggies.....

It be most helpful to ‘post’ their charts (rather than data), for others to comment on as we are all visual. For help on how to do this, go here http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

Here are my personal recommend beginners links to focus upon Natal charts:-
I hope that you come here and want to learn about astrology and join in with exchanges. There ever expanding Education forum here and lots more to explore. http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12556 or try http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TOClessons.htm
http://www.geocities.com/wilsontctc/
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natalastrology.html

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
CSK,
I would consider a <Sun sesquiquadrate Moon> to be a *biggy*-It involves both the luminaries!
The most adverse effect would probably relate to your physical well-being, although it is said also to affect reputation.You may at times suffer from *moods* and hormone levels may be particularly affected.
Transits to either end of the aspect will be especially significant.

Of course you aren't obliged/required to post a chart, but were you to do that we might be able to include how the houses are related to this aspect.
On the Ed Board there are links to info on aspects. *Introduction to Natal*-scroll through til you get to the heading *aspects*..there are links to a number of sites that provide interpretations.
Cheers
Lillyjgc

cskhee2

Hi all,

Thank you very much for posting replies on my post and I apologized for not uploading my natal chart in my first post. Hope this help!

cskhee2

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_s_c_hp_86073_18524.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_s_c_hp_86073_18524.gif
    26.5 KB · Views: 74

cskhee2

Another question I have is that how important is 8th house to me? It seems like my stellium in 8th house is preventing me from moving forward, including my school, my personal life, my relationship and my commitment, i.e. to engage or marry my girlfriend. I felt strongly on not marrying now (despite of my engagement with my girlfriend soon, I felt I am not ready to marry)

How about my other empty houses (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 11th)? My question is that am I going to be a failure in communication, fashion, sports, work as career, and social life?

BIG HELP IS APPRECIATED!

Thanks

wilsontc

Staff member
control, to SC

SC,

You asked:
cskhee2 said:
Another question I have is that how important is 8th house to me? It seems like my stellium in 8th house is preventing me from moving forward, including my school, my personal life, my relationship and my commitment, i.e. to engage or marry my girlfriend. I felt strongly on not marrying now (despite of my engagement with my girlfriend soon, I felt I am not ready to marry)

Since you have a strong focus on the 8th house (transformation, also control) which include Venus (relationships), you may have a "control or be controlled" attitude towards relationships. This possibility is increased since you have Pluto (transformation, also control) focused in the 7th house (relationships) as well. The challenge is to find someone you can SHARE control with. If you aren't willing to share control with your girlfriend...you aren't going to have a relationship.

Non-controlling,

Tim

EJ53

Banned

gaer

EJ53 said:
I'd use an orb of no more than 2 degrees for a sesquiquadrate/8th harmonic aspect, but you may be sensitive enough to feel the effects of your waxing aspect despite the orb being 4 degrees :-
I agree. I would suggest examining other aspects with reasonable orbs.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi-I've looked at your chart. I would not include a separating sesqui with 4 deg orb..I ran up the chart in another program and this aspect wasnt identified.(too wide an orb).You have a large number of planets in fire signs in your chart and the moon right on the ascendant in aries..
You also have a chain of sextiles:N.node...fortuna...pluto/saturn...neptune..this chain of sextiles connects all those planets/points in easy aspect..
Cheers
Lillyjgc

cskhee2

Thanks Liliygc,

Thanks for running my natal chart on another software. However,
I am a 26-year old male will be engaging in marriage soon. But, I am
still jobless, clueless about myself, my life, my partner and every
single things that I should have know long long time ago. I am
really confused and lost. i need help

freedomlover

cskhee2 said:
I am a 26-year old male will be engaging in marriage soon. But, I am
still jobless, clueless about myself, my life, my partner and every
single things that I should have know long long time ago. I am
really confused and lost. i need help

Since you said this, I have a few thoughts on your chart, but not on the Sun sesquiquadrate Moon. I agree that 4 degrees is too wide of an orb to use for sesquiquadrate. However, both your Sun and Uranus make a pretty exact sesquiquadrate to your Ascendant. Some do not use aspects to angles, but I have found them useful. This is all really technicalities, because your Moon is still conjunct the Ascendant, and therefore draws into the mix anyway.:rolleyes:

Sun in Sag rules your 5th. Uranus in Sag rules your 11th. They meet in an almost exact to the arc minute conjunction in the 8th house. What is in your 8th often has to undergo a transformation - a "death, burial, and resurrection" process. This tells me you probably have issues regarding your sense of self and creative abilities, children (including your child-like ability to play and have fun)-5th house, and your personal hopes and dreams-11th house.

Mars rules your Asc and 8th hosue, and is in the 10th conjunct your MC. This tells me further that you like to be seen as rich, authoritative,respected, and successful. Since it also rules the 8th, there is a link to the issues in the 8th house again. Part of your hesitancy to marry may possibly have to do with working to financially support your wife - and the pressure and obligations you would take on in doing so. This may further kill your 5th/11th house issues. Did you ever hear of "Do what you love - the money will follow?"

In addition, the ruler of the 9th - Jupiter in Scorpio, is in the 8th. This points to some kind Jupiter in Scorpio belief systems needing to undergo transformation. Again - the traditional,cultural belief that you must be the sole financial provider for your spouse may come under scrutiny. It could also deal with your beliefs about death and reincarnation.

Moon in Aries is in the 12th, and rules the 4th. Something about expressing your anger, assertiveness, etc is an area of your self-undoing. It may also point to issues with angry/selfish females in your family of origin. Or alternatively, the belief that females were not allowed to be assertive - or weren't supposed to have independence - or "be first". It could also express that you are too "selfless" (Pisces on 12th cusp) and never allow yourself to be first by resting and times of solitude.

Anyway, both Moon in Aries on one side, with a pretty tight square - and Pluto/Saturn in Libra on the other side, with a looser square - are both "squaring off" against your Mars in Capricorn.

Your South Node is in Cap in the 9th, disposited by Saturn in Libra in the 7th. Again, it would point to this is not the way for you to go this lifetime - beliefs about finances in marriage partnership. Your North Node is in Cancer in the 3rd, with Gemini on the cusp. It's very important for you to relate to your own and other's emotional needs. This could further tie in with another interpretation for Jupiter in Scorpio - the need to bond emotionally with others - especially a true soulmate.

Furthering the communication theme.... Mercury, ruler of the 3rd - and Venus, ruler of the 7th, are also tightly conjunct in Sagittarius - and in the 8th house. This is another area that may need to undergo transformation.You may need to focus on better communication with females. Sometimes this indicates a problem communicating with the mother - being expected to conform to mother's expectations. It can indicate an overcontrolling,know-it-all type mother - especially with the Moon in Aries being in the 12th. (But not always - see if it fits.)

The Sun/Uranus conjunction in the 8th, along with Jupiter in Scorpio in 8th could also possibly have something to do with the sudden loss of a father figure, and the grieving process never being finished. This could also translate into some issue you have with God.

See if you can tie some of these points together and see if they help you uncover why you are feeling confused and lost. You are somehow making decisions that are not true to yourself and your purpose for incarnating.

Wishing you the best,

Freedomlover

cskhee2

hi Freedomlover,

I really appreciate such a thorough interpretation from you.
I think your interpretation are quite true about me. Since
my Mercury is in Sagittarius and in found in the 8th house,
please forgive me if I had asked too much questions listed
below:

1) So, in a general view, do you know what are the main
cause(s) that are blocking/preventing me from moving
forward? Is it due to the stellium in 8th House and what
are some possible advise or solutions to make myself
become much more confident, firm and strong?

2) What can Jupiter in 8th house gain, as compare to Jupiter in
2nd house (i.e. winning lottery or windfalls, etc)?

3) What are my stengths and weaknesses from the natal chat reading?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Soo-Khee Chia

freedomlover

cskhee2 said:
hi Freedomlover,

I really appreciate such a thorough interpretation from you.
I think your interpretation are quite true about me. Since
my Mercury is in Sagittarius and in found in the 8th house,
please forgive me if I had asked too much questions listed
below:

1) So, in a general view, do you know what are the main
cause(s) that are blocking/preventing me from moving
forward? Is it due to the stellium in 8th House and what
are some possible advise or solutions to make myself
become much more confident, firm and strong?

2) What can Jupiter in 8th house gain, as compare to Jupiter in
2nd house (i.e. winning lottery or windfalls, etc)?

3) What are my stengths and weaknesses from the natal chat reading?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Soo-Khee Chia

Question 1) I feel I pointed out the possibilities as to what could be keeping you from going forward in life in the lengthy interpretation I gave. It is very hard to "cold-read" with exactness, as each aspect can have several interpretations. This is why I tossed out several possibilities, and let you determine what fits your experience. If you wanted to give specific feedback, I or another may be able to fine-tune some things for you.

Question 2) My only thoughts on it are that Jupiter in Scorpio, as relating to finances, may show that you need your beliefs transformed, especially in the area of joint finances, as Jupiter rules your 9th. Perhaps someone else can approach this from a different angle.

Question 3) I feel I laid out your "issues" - what you are doing with these "issues" determines whether it is a strength or a weakness. I know what you are asking - more of a traditional reading. I'm sorry, that is not my forte. My approach is more of a karmic/spiritual lesson one. Perhaps someone else can be of more assistance with your further questions.

But to sum up, I will quote myself:
See if you can tie some of these points together and see if they help you uncover why you are feeling confused and lost. You are somehow making decisions that are not true to yourself and your purpose for incarnating.
Personally, I think some serious prayer and soul-searching will help you. You might also think about obtaining the services of one of those "life coaches" that are trained to help you figure out what you really want to do with your life.

Best regards,

Freedomlover

Poupoupidou

I did some research and came to the conclusion that sesquiquadrates are about energies slowly drifting away and disconnecting from each other.

In your case, the sun is about ego and consciousness. The Moon is about inner emotions and unconsciousness. If no other aspect helps these two stick together, you could end up wondering why you don't really feel at home with yourself sometimes, some kind of lack of comfort and harmony with the inner self.

Last edited: