Indicators of Musical Talent in a Natal Chart

C Jayne

Lunar Pisces said:
In case anyone wants to look at my chart...

Interesting. Notice that this chart has that same thing Empath's chart has -- Mercury conjunct Midheaven. She's a Seer. Oh, and also, Chiron opposite Uranus -- there's a whole thread about this -- only Lunar Pisces is not even the same generation as some of us, so it's not because he/she is from the same generation. :roll:

Where's Lilith and Ceres? I'm trying to learn how to use them.

--CJ

Arian Maverick

Don't worry, I'm not from the same generation as many other forum members either, yet I also have a loose Uranus/Chiron opposition :wink:

Arian Maverick

Ace

Wow! What a great post on musical talent. :D I enjoyed reading them, and find this intriguing. I suppose with a stellium in Leo (Sun, Mercury, Venus, Saturn, MC (conjunt Algenubi and Praesaepe), Ceres, it would seem performing would be my thing (at least I've been told from others), but I find it difficult to express and show my creative side for the fear as I fear of being judged. It's that darn Saturn in my natal chart, but I don't think one planet can really exert so much influence. What are some aspects that indicate anxiety on stage? If I perform in front of strangers I get major butterflies and tense up. Any comments on my chart?

http://www.publicupload.com/files/ace.jpg

wilsontc

Staff member
tensing up

Ace,

You have Mars (being, also action) square (energy needs to be combined with) Moon (home, also emotions), which can indicate feeling emotional tension when doing things. Just remember all you need to do is to get your nervous "butterflies" to "fly in formation". USE your nervous energy in your performances, channel it into your performances and let it come out as passion! If the talent in performing is there, don't let a case of the nerves keep you from doing what you want to do. It is common for talented musicians to get VERY nervous before a performance and then to become more relaxed and "in control" once they actually get out on stage and start using their energy! :)

Emotionally,

Tim

Arian Maverick

It is common for talented musicians to get VERY nervous before a performance and then to become more relaxed and "in control" once they actually get out on stage and start using their energy!

Oh boy, is it ever...I completely agree with you, Tim! :mrgreen:

Arian Maverick

Ace

Thanks Tim....very good advice...a better way to channel my nervousness into something something positive and infectious onstage. :) I'll have to just keep that in mind more often.

C Jayne

Ace--

Your Ascendant in Scorpio conjuncts mine, and, like mine, yours opposes Jupiter in Taurus (mine's in the 6th, yours is in the 7th). Now, wouldn't you think this would make us adventurous?

Our Leo Midheavens even conjunct! :)

I feel absolutely naked when people listen to me play piano. I mostly only play in front of my husband. In social situations, I am a nudist -- I simply don't know how to keep my boundaries up! I think it's some kind of weird combination of that Scorpio (intensely--) Jupiter (honest and sincere) thing.

Also, I think you're right about Saturn. Your stelium/grouping isn't going to act like a normal stellium with Saturn in there. I know someone who has Scorpio Asc/ Leo Midheaven, but he has Saturn in Leo, and gets very uptight about making a scene or getting attention -- although he frequently does make scenes but is apparently unaware of it! :oops:

Your Mars, in Virgo, is modest, which doesn't exactly promote Leo abilities.

My husband has a stellium in Cancer -- you'd think he'd be the one who doesn't like to get attention -- but for him, sharing music is all about sharing. It is his gift. He can tolerate the butterflies and use that energy to his advantage. For me, it's limp arms and shakey hands -- not just butterflies. I forget about the music and can't think of anything except people seeing into my soul.

I think it makes very good sense for you to be how you are. I'm sure there are other things you can do which other people cannot do. :roll:
-- CJ

Lunar Pisces

C Jayne, because of the speed at which both Chiron and Uranus, a good number of people have that aspect.

If you were asking about my Ceres and Lilith:

BM Lilith - 29 Virgo, 1H
Asteriod Lilith - 1 Libra, 1H

In addition to being conjunt with each other, they are conjunct both my 1H Pluto and 1H Uranus singelton. They also trine my Venus/Saturn conjunction and square my Sun and Eros (29 Gem). The asteriod Iris conjuncts my asteriod Lilith exactly, too, which i find pretty interesting.

Ceres - 21 Gemini, 10H

In addition to being conjunct my Sun and Mercury, it is also conjunct the transneptunian planet Vulcan (18 Gem) - perhaps this is why I dig Star Trek so much? LOL.

BTW, C Jayne, about my MC: yeah, I could be called a seer, or a mystic or a psychic (in addition to the Mercury matter, I have Pisces moon + a Neptune singleton), although these "gifts" are ones I readily advertise or exploit for my ego. I would never, never consider using these gifts to make money. I am, also, Female.

Another very interesting thing about my MC is the trans-Pluto planet Anubis conjuncts it within less than one degree - such a close conjunction to an angle make it a pretty signi ificant influence in my chart. Anubis is the early Egyptian god of the Dead, the god who guided souls into the afterlife and judged them. So naturally, this planet is associated with death, in particular mystical sight or a fascination/preoccupation regarding death. Also, Anubis possesses the gift of "soul reading" (very Plutonian), which is the ability to discern the virtue or moral worth of a soul, and is concerned with spiritual justice, justice that transcends the mortal world and carries over into the afterlife. Without getting into too much detail, I'll say all above's a decent fit for me.

Anubis is also associated with alchemy, divination and the occult, so this is actually an astrology-friendly body. Some people, like some Vedic astrologers, want to interpret Anubis as predominatly malefic, which I think is rather skewed, seeing Anubis in myth wasn't malefic, albiet very powerful. Nonetheless, he was seen more of a "friend" or "guide" to the dead than a "ruler." Anubis in astrology has a very Plutonian quality, and can be associated with both the positive and negative sides of Pluto, such as transformation and destruction - the two possible, extreme outcomes of one's confrontation of the truth oneself and of the cosmos.

Ace

Hey Jayne,

Very cool! I figured I should have some connections with the people here on this forum. It's funny I remember when taking a piano course back in high school and felt great to perform with the class, but once the attention was on me, I just froze up and my body would go into a nervous breakdown. I guess with that Mars in Virgo, I wanted to be a perfectionist and hated the fact that I would sometimes make mistakes in front of others. I feel most comfortable to perform alone and practice till I know I got everything down right before going up to showcase it. Even in a an acting course, I made sure my soliloquy was spot on by looking in the mirror and making sure I was able to reach the audience. In the end, it was worth it. I was invited by the teacher to perform it at this "acting party". :wink:

I feel there are those two sides to me though with that Scorpio alter-ego. I fall between extremes. Being a goof and the comedic relief in front of friends and then clam up and be the caasual observer in a large crowd. I prefer to be a fly on the wall in this situation... haha...

tikana

Hey Arian and others

I think musical talents are partially genetical and conditional.

Beethoven - Beethoven showed remarkable talent at an early age. His father, a court musician, subjected him to a brutal regimen, hoping to exploit him as a child prodigy

Mozart - father was a composer and violinist

enrique Eglesias - his father is legendary Julio Eglesias, Julio Eglesias mother has musical background in her family

Niccolò Paganini - his father was a violinist

Sarah Brightman's parents are extremly musical inclined people.

I am not talking studio edited or mechanically enhanced voices.

I dont know if this is true but in Italy, most women sing when they are doing domestic chores. They are not famous but their voices are conditioned to sing well because they hear it by their grandmas, relatives, neighbors singing all the time.

In my family, everyone is deaf on a ear. No one can sing. My mom attempts singing but it is like listneing to piano that went bad. My neice who is a daughter of my cousin brother ... if she sings, RUN for your life!
My x's family has no musical background. If you heard my x sing, LOL god save your soul. I swear....
I do not know my blood whatever you want to call them but since I was a kid, I was singing with no coaching. I cannot say that i can write music or lyrics cause i usually have nothing to say but I can sing. Music came very easy for me.. My ear catches words and songs in different languages. I am not bragging but the other day i was listening to one cool song in spanish. I dont know spanish at all. Within 2 hours i was singng that song in spanish. And the strangest thing is when I sing I see text of the song in my head. I dont remember it.. it is like i am readng off my memory. The only language i have a problem with is French. I dont know how to read in french. Italian songs are okay i can handle them. One song I would love to sing to a perfection is Time to say good bye. It has Incredibly difficult pitch and vocal ranges. On top of that, i run out of air in my lungs prematurely. I should have been a singer or something like that but my grandparents were sick so no one had time for me.

My mom's friend's song is an incredible world wide known violinist. His parents were not into music but his mom did not have a chance to be a musician. She has it in her blood though. This guy is so amazing that oneof the conductors in Japan gave him a backyard of his house and built a house for the violinist.

Tik

Last edited:

07.Re

I would absolutely love to revitalize this thread...do we have any other musicans on the forums who have not yet provided their natal data here?

Arian Maverick

What a fascinating thread! I played a musical intrument in my teens, but gave up because I thought it wasn't "cool" and I was just three exams off from qualifying as a teacher! Music moves my soul in ways that nothing else does. I have been considering taking music lessons again (at the age of 37!)

My 5th harmonic chart shows a yod using Sun (Sag) sextile Pluto (Libra)with Venus (Taurus) as the apex.

Ceres conjuncts my sun in my natal chart and Pallas conjuncts my Ascendant (0°12a). POF conjuncts my Asc (2°26)

and hereunder is my 7th Harmonic chart:

Last edited:

07.Re

Interestingly, I have Neptune conjunct Moon in the 7th Harmonic whereas in my natal chart, my Moon conjuncts the sun making it unable to feel. Perhaps thats why music moves me... I'm able to get in touch with my emotional side through the music..Natallhy I have 7 air signs and no water signs

07.Re

Neptune squares Venus in both charts...what a difficult aspect between these two planets! Perhaps this was the reason I gave up playing music...

Does anyone else share this in their harmonic / natal charts?

ETA: Venus squares Neptune in my natal chart too

Last edited:

robots

Since the 7th grade, I've wanted desperately to have natural musical talent. I've been playing guitar for about two years but didn't actually started practicing until May or so. I like singing a lot but I'm not all that amazing at it. I'd like to think I'm pretty good though. Also, I have an excellent sense of rhythm, but I'm generally awkward when it comes to doing choreography.

Does my chart say anything about musical talent? I have a pisces MC which could indicate musical talent, but I don't really know of any other factors that could imply said talent.

chart.jpg

MayDay

Oh wow!! I couldn't be more excited to see this thread resurrected!! I have been searching for the answer to this question in my own chart for quite some time now, but without proper training, to be honest I havent been sure what I am looking at in regards to my chart! I am sincerely hoping someone here may be able so shine some light so kindly :)

I have had a deep appreciation of music my whole life, but it wasn't until last year that I really listened to my heart, allowed this love to flourish and started to believe I could make a living writing and performing music.. and subsequently, have turned to astrology to find out more about what talents and what challenges lie ahead.

All I want to do is just work with music for the rest of my life!! ..share the empowering and unifying nature of music with people around the world - inspire and empower others to seek joy, and to follow their hearts! ..but with little sign of any musical ability anywhere in my family, I am unsure whether I have the musical talent to see my vision through, and if I do what obstacles I need to be mindful of?

Would anyone be able to have a look at my chart and perhaps shine some light? My sincerest gratitude to anyone that may be able to help in analyzing my chart, it really would mean the world to me :)

Here is my birth information:

May 1st, 1987
11:11am
Plovdiv, Bulgaria

~ MayDay :)

Arian Maverick

The first item which captured my attention is that beautiful Aries North Node/Venus/Jupiter conjunction at the top of your natal chart, conjunct the Midheaven. This is particularly interesting because Venus is the ruler of your Libra South Node, so there's a sense of the past (Libra South Node) continuing into the future (Venus conjunct North Node). Granted, Venus is in its detriment in Aries, but that hasn't stopped me, musically! Venus-Jupiter is a very artistically prolific combination, and its placement conjunct the Midheaven confirms that this is your highest aspiration.

I'm no expert, but Jupiter is the ruler of your sixth house, and this seems to be a promising indication that you could pursue music as a way in which you could earn income. I ask more experienced astrologers to validate this, however. The North Node-Venus-Jupiter conjunction's square to Neptune concerns me slightly because it may indicate some kind of self-deception or even delusion, but there's also a great amount of creativity with this aspect. Again, I believe several interpretations I've read of Venus-Neptune squares indicate a proclivity for the performing or visual arts, of which music is one.

You have lots of other interesting aspects in your natal chart, but these are the ones which really jump out at me to indicate a natural talent for music.

EDIT: I've uploaded your natal chart so others may take a look. I recommend that you do this yourself the next time you post a question regarding your chart on the forums, so others do not have to create the chart themselves in an astrology program. You're more likely to receive answers this way. :wink:

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

MayDay

Wow! Arian Maverick, thank you sincerely for sharing your wisdom!! :)

No doubt any chart has its fair combination of both positive and negative aspects, but its very energizing to hear that the stars show such positive potential :)

I will have a deeper look into the neptune square on the net and see if i can find out any more details on how to best put this aspect to benefit.

thanks again! if there is anything else that jumps out at you, even if its not musically related, I would love to hear more from you Maverick!

:)

robots

Hah, my post ended up being the last one on the 3rd page so I don't think anyone actually saw it. That's a shame. So I think I'll just reword what I said before because I reaaally want to know....

Anyway, I love music. It helps me get through difficult situations in life more than anything else can. It can calm me down or make me realize that I'm being stupid or anything like that. I love listening to it, and I also love writing and playing it. I can play guitar and have written my own songs and lyrics before. I was in two bands for a while, but they failed. I've been in a few musicals too. I love singing but I'm not all that amazing at it, same with guitar. But anyway, music is amazing and it's a big part of my life.

Here's my chart, if anyone is willing to see if I have any indicators of musical talent
chart.jpg