Young Student Seeking General Insight Into My Chart

ZoraEos

Hello, I'm new to astrology and life :p So, I'm just seeking some insight based on my chart. Anything that stands out about it or that I should know about in advance? What impression does it overall give? What should I pay attention to? Strengths and weaknesses? Thank you in advance. :)

birthchart.JPG

JUPITERASC

Hello, I'm new to astrology and life :p
So, I'm just seeking some insight based on my chart.
Anything that stands out about it or that I should know about in advance?
What impression does it overall give? What should I pay attention to? Strengths and weaknesses? Thank you in advance
. :)

View attachment 57593
Hello ZoraEos, keep in mind that every chart requires assessment as a whole :smile:
The "One-size-fits-All school of cookbook recipes astrology" is unreliable
and it takes considerable time to investigate the many layers of a natal chart
also, ours is an astrological learning forum where we encourage each other
to hone and practice astrological skills

when assessing any natal chart
begin with PLANETS
for example SUN
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/sun.html

then
SIGNS
for example SCORPIO
http://skyscript.co.uk/scorpio.html

TAURUS
http://skyscript.co.uk/taurus.html

then
HOUSES
for example 1st House
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html

and
keep in mind that:

A PLANET acts.

A HOUSE shows the area of life in which a planet acts

as well as
how strongly a planet can act

houses-labeled.gif

and

A SIGN shows the quality of a planet's expression.

wheel-layers-3d.jpg

so then

working from that idea
one builds on it

by i.e.

- selecting a natal planet
Locating which house planet is in
Assessing how comfortable natal planet is in natal sign
Checking what any specific planet rules in the natal chart

An understanding of planetary dignity and debility
is useful for assessing how comfortable a planet is in a particular sign

GregoryRozek-astrological-tables-01.png

HOW TO READ PTOLEMYS DIGNITIES WITH TABLE
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html

Fixed Stars are a little known area
that adds useful detail

FIXED STAR INFO from renowned expert Anne Wright FREE at http://constellationsofwords.com/Fixedstars.htm

FIXED STARS IN NATAL ASTROLOGY
http://constellationsofwords.com/cat...atalrobson.htm

TO CHECK CURRENT LOCATION OF TRANSITING PLANETS
2016 EPHEMERIS FILES are FREE at http://www.astro.com/swisseph/ae/2000/ae_2016.pdf :smile:

9000 YEAR FREE EPHEMERIS - click on required year http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

Charon

Hello, I'm new to astrology and life :p So, I'm just seeking some insight based on my chart. Anything that stands out about it or that I should know about in advance? What impression does it overall give? What should I pay attention to? Strengths and weaknesses? Thank you in advance. :)

View attachment 57593

Hi again Zora: Here are the things I notice about your chart; Let me know what you think of my observations, and take any predictions I may make with a grain of salt, as I am still very much trying to hone my reading skills.

If any other astrologers would like to share their thoughts, insights or criticisms of my reading I would also greatly appreciate your comments.

Conflicts:

Moon in 3rd (taurus) opposite Scorpio Sun and Mercury Libra (9th and 8th houses). Here your rational mind and your basic identity are at odds with your emotional needs. The moon represents your childhood growing up and also your mother, while the sun represents the main male authority figure in your life. Perhaps your father was emotionally distant or away a lot on trips when you were younger, and didn't give you, your mom, and your sister (assuming you have one) the support that you needed. With Saturn in the second house it's possible that your dad was away working his butt off trying to provide financially for you, or on the other side of the spectrum perhaps he left outright and this put a financial strain on your family which understandably undercut your Taurus moon, whose main source of confidence and happiness comes from feeling stability through the material resources that it possesses.

Neptune 12th house capricorn trine Venus 7th house in Virgo (which is opposite Saturn in the 2nd): Venus in virgo likes giving of itself but is overly critical and analytical when it comes to love. With Venus trine Neptune it is extremely probable that you are a profound romantic with a unrealistic overly-idealized notion about what true love should be; In other words you are probably one of those that is waiting for her soulmate to come around. Saturn hardens your venus further, which supports the notion that perhaps you are too demanding in love and relationships, perhaps setting standards in relationships and love which are unrealisticly too high. It's going to be difficult for you especially while you are still young, but it's necessary for you to start giving people more of an in with you, if you want to be happy in relationships.

Strengths: Mercury (libra) conjunct sun (Scorpio) and sextile Mars (Leo). This is a really nice aspect I think, also considering Jupiter in house 12, I would venture to say that you are a very talented writer (poet?). The opposition of the moon to Libra Mercury also indicates a writer, as well as the conjuction to Scorpio Sun, who is a seeker of deeper meaning. The Neptune trine Venus aspect, whilst not ideal for healthy real life relationships is also a fantastic aspect for high-minded and dignified artistic expression. Pluto in the 11th also supports this notion I think, that you are a seeker of truth and meaning and want to express this to the world.

Career: You've got Scorpio in your Midheaven, Aries in the second house (with Saturn there), and Cancer in the sixth... With Scorpio in the Midheaven, and the rulers of Scorpio being in 11th house Sag. and 7th house Leo (sextile Libra Mercury), we again have a picture of a poet, philosopher, romantic. With Aries in the second we are probably talking about some sort of entrepreneur, pioneer or self starter. If i had to take a guess is that your writing, and/or other form of creative expression is going to turn into a profession for you. The good news bad news is that with Saturn in the second, financially it is going to be rough at first, probably up until you finish your saturn return between the ages of 30-35; however, with Saturn in the second once you take your lumps perhaps learning from the mistakes of your prior failed projects, it is very likely that you will become extremely proficient at making money and providing yourself with security through financial resources gained from your work. Cancer in the sixth indicates a tenacious and sensitive working habit which will no doubt aid you in finding success in your career projects.

JUPITERASC

Hi again Zora: Here are the things I notice about your chart; Let me know what you think of my observations, and take any predictions I may make with a grain of salt, as I am still very much trying to hone my reading skills.

If any other astrologers would like to share their thoughts, insights or criticisms of my reading I would also greatly appreciate your comments.

Conflicts:

Moon in 3rd (taurus)
opposite Scorpio Sun
and Mercury Libra (9th and 8th houses).
I offer no criticisms just my 2cents :smile:

Taurus opposes Scorpio

but
Scorpio cannot oppose Libra by SIGN

although
in this particular case
Mercury is at 29 Libra
and just three degrees away from an EXACT opposition to Sun which is now in Taurus
Mercury WAS in opposition BOTH by degree AND by sign when Mercury was in Aries

as shown by the following sign wheel

tumblr_nhy2j1AY6D1srbdzao1_1280.jpg

Here your rational mind and your basic identity are at odds with your emotional needs. The moon represents your childhood growing up and also your mother, while the sun represents the main male authority figure in your life. Perhaps your father was emotionally distant or away a lot on trips when you were younger, and didn't give you, your mom, and your sister (assuming you have one) the support that you needed. With Saturn in the second house it's possible that your dad was away working his butt off trying to provide financially for you, or on the other side of the spectrum perhaps he left outright and this put a financial strain on your family which understandably undercut your Taurus moon, whose main source of confidence and happiness comes from feeling stability through the material resources that it possesses.

Neptune 12th house capricorn trine Venus 7th house in Virgo (which is opposite Saturn in the 2nd): Venus in virgo likes giving of itself but is overly critical and analytical when it comes to love. With Venus trine Neptune it is extremely probable that you are a profound romantic with a unrealistic overly-idealized notion about what true love should be; In other words you are probably one of those that is waiting for her soulmate to come around. Saturn hardens your venus further, which supports the notion that perhaps you are too demanding in love and relationships, perhaps setting standards in relationships and love which are unrealisticly too high. It's going to be difficult for you especially while you are still young, but it's necessary for you to start giving people more of an in with you, if you want to be happy in relationships.

Strengths: Mercury (libra) conjunct sun (Scorpio)
Mercury Libra is not conjunct Sun Scorpio by SIGN
but IS conjunct by degree

interestingly, traditionally a planet close to the sun is considered COMBUST or BURNT
i.e.
today we are focused on abstract computer software
rather than the visible skies
also many of us are resident in large towns and enormous cities with high rise buildings
and so are not so tuned in to the realisation that during daytime, few planets are visible while Sun is above the horizon
FEW planets because
the Moon IS visible during daylight hours
from when approximately quarter full
visibility of moon then increasing during daylight hours as moon travels onwards towards the full moon phase

Venus is occasionally visible during daylight hours
as are Mars and Jupiter on those occasions when sufficiently far enough from the Sun

otherwise Suns light obscures other objects in the skies, including stars
which then are only visible if above the horizon after sun has set :smile:

and sextile Mars (Leo).
This is a really nice aspect I think, also considering Jupiter in house 12, I would venture to say that you are a very talented writer (poet?). The opposition of the moon to Libra Mercury also indicates a writer, as well as the conjuction to Scorpio Sun, who is a seeker of deeper meaning. The Neptune trine Venus aspect, whilst not ideal for healthy real life relationships is also a fantastic aspect for high-minded and dignified artistic expression. Pluto in the 11th also supports this notion I think, that you are a seeker of truth and meaning and want to express this to the world.

Career: You've got Scorpio in your Midheaven, Aries in the second house (with Saturn there), and Cancer in the sixth... With Scorpio in the Midheaven, and the rulers of Scorpio being in 11th house Sag. and 7th house Leo (sextile Libra Mercury), we again have a picture of a poet, philosopher, romantic. With Aries in the second we are probably talking about some sort of entrepreneur, pioneer or self starter. If i had to take a guess is that your writing, and/or other form of creative expression is going to turn into a profession for you. The good news bad news is that with Saturn in the second, financially it is going to be rough at first, probably up until you finish your saturn return between the ages of 30-35; however, with Saturn in the second once you take your lumps perhaps learning from the mistakes of your prior failed projects, it is very likely that you will become extremely proficient at making money and providing yourself with security through financial resources gained from your work. Cancer in the sixth indicates a tenacious and sensitive working habit which will no doubt aid you in finding success in your career projects.

Charon

I offer no criticisms just my 2cents :smile:

Taurus opposes Scorpio

but
Scorpio cannot oppose Libra by SIGN

although
in this particular case
Mercury is at 29 Libra
and just three degrees away from an EXACT opposition to Sun which is now in Taurus
Mercury WAS in opposition BOTH by degree AND by sign when Mercury was in Aries

as shown by the following sign wheel

tumblr_nhy2j1AY6D1srbdzao1_1280.jpg

Mercury Libra is not conjunct Sun Scorpio by SIGN
but IS conjunct by degree

interestingly, traditionally a planet close to the sun is considered COMBUST or BURNT
i.e.
today we are focused on abstract computer software
rather than the visible skies
also many of us are resident in large towns and enormous cities with high rise buildings
and so are not so tuned in to the realisation that during daytime, few planets are visible while Sun is above the horizon
FEW planets because
the Moon IS visible during daylight hours
from when approximately quarter full
visibility of moon then increasing during daylight hours as moon travels onwards towards the full moon phase

Venus is occasionally visible during daylight hours
as are Mars and Jupiter on those occasions when sufficiently far enough from the Sun

otherwise Suns light obscures other objects in the skies, including stars
which then are only visible if above the horizon after sun has set :smile:

Ah, good point there. And how would you say this overshadowing by part of the sun could affect mercury? Would it make her expression more subversive, or perhaps introverted?

JUPITERASC

Ah, good point there.
Thanks Charon - Interesting discussion point :smile:
And how would you say this overshadowing by part of the sun could affect mercury?
Would it make her expression more subversive, or perhaps introverted?
There is controversy on this matter Charon
this issue being
whether or not Mercury is "combust"
when in a different sign from the sun

also

Mercury is not at any time ever more than 28 zodiacal degrees from the Sun
and so is 'frequently combust' :smile:

Interestingly here's what traditional astrology says re: combustion

- A planet is combust when it is in conjunction with the Sun and therefore hidden from sight by the light of the Sun.
Traditionally this is a serious debility and implies that the planet is weakened or restricted in power
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/combust.html

William Lilly stated the combust planet should be in the same sign as the Sun
and within 8° 30'
- beyond this distance, but within 17 ° of the Sun
the planet is said to be under the Sun's beams.
This condition is debilitating, but not as severe as combustion.

However, later, in his horary volume, (p.300): Lilly also writes:

A Planet within 12 degrees of the Sun, is said to be under his Beames, and then hath not fortitude

let it be in what Signe it will

That aphorism was no doubt translated from the work of an older author,
but it appears to acknowledge the controversy regarding whether a planet can be combust when in a different sign to the Sun.
For a modern discussion of this controversial issue, see the skyscript forum thread: 'Combustion'.

JUPITERASC

Ah, good point there.

And how would you say this overshadowing by part of the sun could affect mercury?
Would it make her expression more subversive, or perhaps introverted?

IF Mercury is sufficiently close to the sun in a day birth as to be invisible
then it is possible that
the natal Mercury may work in some kind of "hidden" way
not necessarily introverted
nor 'subversive' :smile:

ukdesifem

Your chart to me shows an inclination towards inspirational work, thought leadership, and research. Neptune is conjunct ascendant, Pluto is in 10th house, TN in 8th house, and Uranus in 1st house. Shows to me you are a person who like higher learning, perhaps human psychology, and wants to contribute a lot in these fields.

ZoraEos

Conflicts:

Moon in 3rd (taurus) opposite Scorpio Sun and Mercury Libra (9th and 8th houses). Here your rational mind and your basic identity are at odds with your emotional needs. The moon represents your childhood growing up and also your mother, while the sun represents the main male authority figure in your life. Perhaps your father was emotionally distant or away a lot on trips when you were younger, and didn't give you, your mom, and your sister (assuming you have one) the support that you needed. With Saturn in the second house it's possible that your dad was away working his butt off trying to provide financially for you, or on the other side of the spectrum perhaps he left outright and this put a financial strain on your family which understandably undercut your Taurus moon, whose main source of confidence and happiness comes from feeling stability through the material resources that it possesses.

Strengths: Mercury (libra) conjunct sun (Scorpio) and sextile Mars (Leo). This is a really nice aspect I think, also considering Jupiter in house 12, I would venture to say that you are a very talented writer (poet?). The opposition of the moon to Libra Mercury also indicates a writer, as well as the conjuction to Scorpio Sun, who is a seeker of deeper meaning. The Neptune trine Venus aspect, whilst not ideal for healthy real life relationships is also a fantastic aspect for high-minded and dignified artistic expression. Pluto in the 11th also supports this notion I think, that you are a seeker of truth and meaning and want to express this to the world.

Thank you so much for your reply! You were really spot on! (I apologize for replying so late, I took a break from astrology). :)
Yes, I definitely have a conflict between my rational mind, identity, and emotional needs! I've been noticing that more and more, and keep making attempts to resolve that inner conflict - if it can be resolved. :p
Yes, my father has always been very emotionally distant and away on trips working - he has been a truck driver all my life. All my life he has been working he has been over-working to provide financially for us and we've always had financial worries. As a child and adolescent, I would always act frugally and reject asking for new toys, clothes, makeup, without a fuss because I felt more confident and happy knowing that some money was saved and that there was material stability - so that makes so much sense. My dad only supported us financially and was certainly emotionally detrimental to us all. When he was home, he would just drink, ignore, and insult us. Right now, he is facing health problems from how much he over-worked and so his business might collapse, which makes me really upset and nervous because it may end up interfering with my university studies, so I may have to end up using my scholarship money to financially support them. Especially since my younger sibling is going to university soon too.
Yes, I am highly analytical and idealistic in relationships, both romantic and friendly. I am very careful about them, I set too high standards for others and myself and have perfectionist issues. I've also had social anxiety most of my life and been difficult to get to know. Yes, while being a profound romantic at the same time and waiting for soulmates to appear in my life. :3
The thing about being a writer is uncanny!!!!! My whole life, people have been praising my writing and I love to write. I have been described as eloquent several times. I love poetry too, playing with words and meanings. I pay an enormous amount of attention to lyrics when listening to music and tend to analyze them. I love meaning and deep, significant themes.
Yes, my work style is tenacious and sensitive, that is the perfect way to describe it and can be seen in my school work. But when my emotional state is shaken (from material instability), it may interfere with it and create unhealthy perfectionism, as I've seen recently.
Another poster mentioned love of human psychology and being good at research too, which makes so much sense because psychology has always been a passion and I am very knowledgeable in it. I almost majored in it, but then I changed to anthropology which is similar. :) I'm an excellent student, so the research part makes sense. So I am interested to see which path I will end up taking - the academic path or writing or both. :D
Thank you so much! This is very insightful and has given me insight into a potential future career path involving writing, which makes really happy and makes me feel more secure about that passion. :)
Also, speaking of the Mercury, if it is combust/burnt, could it have contributed to my social anxiety and anxiety about communication, as well as contributing to introversion (I am highly introverted).

ZoraEos

Your chart to me shows an inclination towards inspirational work, thought leadership, and research. Neptune is conjunct ascendant, Pluto is in 10th house, TN in 8th house, and Uranus in 1st house. Shows to me you are a person who like higher learning, perhaps human psychology, and wants to contribute a lot in these fields.
Thank you so much! That makes so much sense because I am an excellent student and love university, as well as human psychology! That is so amazing that it shows that, psychology has been one of my biggest life passions. I almost majored in it, but am majoring in anthropology instead which is similar. :) Recently, my professor told me that I have a very theoretical mind and could consider a career in academia. So that goes perfectly in line with your analysis. :D Very insightful!