View Single Post
Unread 06-08-2021, 04:47 AM

Re: US - a Uranian Country

Just another note about the contradictory nature of southern founding fathers who were slave owners.

See my post #10 with two charts for the Bill of Rights, the second one looking notably Uranian.

James Madison (1751-1836) wrote much of the Constitution and Bill of Rights before becoming the 4th President

His chart: https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Madison,_James

He also grew up on a Virginia plantation and inherited about 100 enslaved people at his father's deaths. He was a slave owner for the rest of his life. During Madison's lifetime, Virginia had a property requirement for voting, which was further restricted to white males.

During Madison's life, Virginia strongly restricted African Americans' ability to read and right. Gatherings for schools were illegal.
https://encyclopediavirginia.org/ent...n-in-virginia/

So it's pretty clear that what we think of today as freedom of expression and individual liberty was very different back then-- it was much more restrictive. It didn't mean freedom of speech for everyone.

But Madison was no doubt sincere. He had a close natal conjunction between Uranus and Mercury in the third house of communication, and Mercury-Uranus were also parallel within seconds.

Madison presided over the War of 1812, which convinced him and a lot of US citizens of the need for a strong centralized federal government for the purpose of national defense. [A belief shared by many conservatives today.]

A social safety net or protecting individual property rights were the last thing from anybody's mind re: centralizing federal authority.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 06-08-2021 at 04:50 AM.